Reviews: 571
Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:58 pm
Esmé says...

'til looks much more becoming ^_^

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:09 pm
Lauren says...

I used wonder about it... geek that I am. I do believe I write 'till' more than the other, because I think it looks better. But, then again, 'til is probably more correct.
WHY DON'T WE SCRAP 'TIL/TILL, STOP BEING LAZY BUGGERS, AND JUST WRITE 'UNTIL'??

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:58 pm
JFW1415 says...

lhighton wrote:WHY DON'T WE SCRAP 'TIL/TILL, STOP BEING LAZY BUGGERS, AND JUST WRITE 'UNTIL'??

'Cause in first person we need to have a specific voice, as we do with dialogue?

~JFW1415

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:31 am
Meep says...

I like 'til (with or without the apostrophe) better, because when I see till my first thought, even when it's in the context of until, is to till the land or something, like niteowl said. (*grew up in a rural area*) Merriam-Webster says using till for until is cheifly Scottish and I'm ... not.
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:17 pm
Dream Deep says...

... When I first saw this subject in the "View Topics Since Last Visit" list, I actually thought it had something to do with Suz. xD

That having been said, I vote for 'til. Otherwise I think of Suz. Obviously. ;)

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:28 pm
Emerson says...

... When I first saw this subject in the "View Topics Since Last Visit" list, I actually thought it had something to do with Suz. xD

If it makes you feel better, when I first saw it, I thought someone was talking about me, too! *should vote*
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:46 pm
Elizabeth says...

'til

It's cooler with the apostrophe.

237 Reviews

Reviews: 237
Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:53 pm
View Likes
Teh Wozzinator says...

I voted Till. It's easier to type. Plus, I'm the one who started the whole argument by using till.

But if it was on there, I would've voted until.

This is my final answer: I will write till, which I believe is correct, and is easier to write, but I won't care what other people write. Firestarter had a good post though. I agree with him. (This last paragraph was edited after he posted.)

Teh Wozzinator
Last edited by Teh Wozzinator on Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go K-State for North Division!!

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:59 pm
mateeah3 says...

'Til... easy answer, unlike the analogy.
"Good" writing is married to "bad" writing: something was created, something was tried.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:19 pm
k3pt says...

Till. :wink:

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:43 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

I prefer till.

By the way, till is not short for until. 'til, on the other hand, is a lazy contraction of until and looks messy. I'm not a fan of loose apostrophes. Till is in fact an interchangeable variant of until.

To be honest though, until beats them both.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:41 pm
~Volant~ says...

'til. All the way. haha

Isn't till a completely different word? Like, as in, "To till the earth"? haha
Where are we going?

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:28 am
Elelel says...

Haha ... I remember in primary school when I would write "till" and teachers and such would get annoyed with me and tell me I had to write "until" because "till" didn't exist. I was very confused because I was pretty sure it DID exist. BUT WHO'S LAUGHING NOW? That's right. Me.

So ... go till!
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

Random avatar

Reviews: 10
Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:36 pm
TheWordsmith says...

If you ask me, til beats 'til, Till and until. Why? It's fun, easy to type, and without an apostrophe! But to be serious, I just like being a non-conformist. :)
Bad spellars of the world, untie! - T-shirt

Join iSpy! Click here!

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:28 pm
Ratter-chan says...

I chose "Till"! The other one isn't even a real word. Well, at least the dictionary says it's not. ......THE DICTIONARY HAS SPOKEN!!
"You are NOT a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else."
~Edward Elric

"Cool! We didn't blow up!"
~Jimmy Neutron

I say Wolf, for all wolves are not of the same sort; there is one kind with an amenable disposition – neither noisy, nor hateful, nor angry, but tame, obliging and gentle, following the young maids in the streets, even into their homes. Alas! Who does not know that these gentle wolves are of all such creatures the most dangerous!
— Charles Perrault