Bob
24%

Total votes : 286

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:39 am
View Likes
Nate says...

It's coming out soon! The Young Writers Literary Journal is just about done. In fact, it's so done, that it really is done. The cover on the first copy didn't come out so well, so now I'm just waiting to get the second copy to make sure everything looks cool.

Final Price: $14.95
Pages: 151
Awesomeness Factor (scale of 1 to 10): 11

For those who don't know, the Young Writers Literary Journal is an anthology of short stories & poems by young writers as young as 13 and as old as 23. It contains a lot of great work, and it looks great. At $14.95, not only is it affordable, but it is also a great way to support the Young Writers Society. If you have ever wanted to help the site, then this is the way. Buy the Journal!

Date

At this time, there is still no official date, but it could be earlier than you think. There will be two ways to buy: Lulu & Amazon, with it being available on Lulu two weeks before Amazon.

Of the two sites, I do encourage you to buy it on Lulu. Why? Because YWS gets more of the cost of the book (Amazon, on the other hand, takes a big cut). However, you will be able to buy it from either site.

Also, please note that the Journal will only go on sale after I have shipped the copies to the authors.

More Info

Brad (Incandescence) handled all submissions for the Journal, Adam (Adam_Atlantian) did the cover art, and I put it in book form. Jack (Firestarter) & Bek (Meshugenah) also provided editing services for the Journal.

When the Journal is available for sale, I will send out a mass e-mail to everyone who has ever been a member of YWS. There will also be a mass PM, and many topics on the matter. I will additionally make available informational handouts that you can give to your librarians and teachers.

And just to tease you a bit...
Attachments
addtocart.jpg
Teaser
addtocart.jpg (10.05 KiB) Viewed 1190 times

323 Reviews

Reviews: 323
Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:50 am
hekategirl says...

That's so awesome!! is this going to be regular thing or a one time only thing? sorry for the ignorance and if this is explained somewhere else. But I'm excited! I'll buy it if I can scrape together some money =P
***Honorary 11-Year-Old***

Heh-COT-ee-GUR-el

Got YWS?

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:54 am
Meshugenah says...

Oh my gosh!

Really, that awesome factor simply isn't accurate. It's more like 15. At least. I mean, c'mon! Nate, we (ok, mostly you and Brad) did this!

*dances*
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:06 am
View Likes
Teague says...

You are so freaking mean, Nate! That teaser is making me cry! xD

Oh god. If this is my reaction to a stupid little teaser, imagine when I actually get my copy. I'm going to like, pass out for six days. xD

So can't wait! *pokes postman or whatever is making things take so long*

-:pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:22 am
View Likes
Trident says...

Um, this is absolute awesomeness. I'm freaking excited.
Perception is everything.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:59 am
View Likes
Firestarter says...

VERY excited!
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:00 pm
Rei says...

You rock, Nate! This is the coolest thing.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:03 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Who wouldn't be excited?
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:59 pm
View Likes
Emerson says...

I'm overjoyed!

How are things on the promotional end, out of curiousity? I recall we were discussing that we would send a copy to local newspapers for the authors, but that would be money lost and not entirely gained, wouldn't it? I could try and find someone in my school newspaper, though, and poke them about it. I want this to get as much promotion as possible! Wouldn't it be great if this thing paid for the server you had to buy over the summer?

Everyone who is unsure about buying it: you will get to read my only fantasy story. XD And many, many other stories of superb quality.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:03 pm
View Likes
Via says...

AHH! :D
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:18 pm
View Likes
Gahks says...

Ooh... interesting.

Couple of things:

1) Is this one of those periodical things that comes out weekly, monthly, annually, every Chinese New Year etc.? If so, how do you submit stuff?

2) Can I get it in the UK?

Thanks,

Gahks :D
Last edited by Gahks on Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:29 pm
View Likes
Emerson says...

1) Is this one of those periodical things that comes out weekly, monthy, annually, every Chinese New Year etc.? If so, how do you submit stuff?

This is a new thing to us, so it's nothing really. Our hopes are to make it annually. You cannot submit anythig now, so I would suggest to continue improving your writing until then. If Nate does decide the benefits outweigh the large amount of cash being siphoned from his pocket, then there may be a submission call at the end of the year.

2) Can I get it in the UK?
If I remember correctly (which I may not) Nate is trying to put it on Amazon UK. If it doesn't get up their, you will have to import it either from lulu or Amazon. Not fun, but completely worth it.

Hope that helped!
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:38 pm
View Likes
AWritersFantasy says...

I'm not only excited, I'm wishing I had had something worth submitting to it at the time submissions were being asked for...assuming anything I'd submit would get in. I'm interested in seeing if I can buy it, though.

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:44 pm
View Likes
Matt Bellamy says...

So excited! Wish I lived in America though so that it would be delivered to me quicker. :( Uberly excited though anyway! *bounces*
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:18 pm
View Likes
Leja says...

I'm mad excited for this!

Brad (Incandescence) handled all submissions for the Journal, Adam (Adam_Atlantian) did the cover art, and I put it in book form. Jack (Firestarter) & Bek (Meshugenah) also provided editing services for the Journal.

All y'all are amazingly cool :)

"Cowards die many times before their deaths; but the valiant will never taste of death but once."
— Julius Caesar