z

Young Writers Society

YWS Store?

If there was a YWS store, would you buy anything?

Yes!
29%
NO
20%
Maybe
51%

Total votes : 79

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:31 pm
View Likes
-KayJuran- says...

sterling? maybe... i dunno how you can get diff currencies though... if not i have
some euros

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:49 pm
View Likes
electricbluemonkey says...

Considering the question originally stated, I would so buy at least a pin or notebook from YWS. I would probably buy a shirt too, and I think that all this buying will get people to join YWS.

As for logos, I think you should have an art contest to get some. I liked the green one that we once had, the wavy one that just said YWS. You could possibly make it bigger, like about the size of half a piece of paper. 4" by 6", right in the middle of the shirt. I also like the one at the top of the forum right now. You could have a black shirt, with that logo made about 3 time taller, and less wider, a couple inches off of it.

As for mailing costs, you could get a cheap mail company to send it all around the world, even if it takes weeks to get there, you wouldn't need the goods immediately. For the beginning you could just have the stuff sent around the U.S., to see how if it works well (not that I don't want it sent to other places), and after a couple of weeks, you could see to mail it worldwide. If shirts are sold for 12:00 USD (I would think more, like 15:00 USD), you could add the cost of shipping charges to it, and the taxes and all that, so they would cost at around 20 or something. I think people would still buy them.

Here are some of my ideas:

YWS T-Shirts
YWS Polos
YWS Long Tees
YWS Pens
YWS Mugs
YWS Pencils
YWS Notebooks
YWS Sweaters
YWS Hats
YWS Pins
YWS Mouse Pads
YWS Patches

And thats all, if you need ANY help, just ask me. I would me more than glad. I hope everything works out.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:21 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

I might buy stuff, but I don't have a credit card. I knew I should have written down my mom's when I had it in my hand the other day when she let me order books online! lol jk

Or I could do what this one kid did. He ordered a bunch of chocolates online using a random credit card number. Well, it turned out to be the real credit card # of some guy in Argentina, who must have been very shocked to find $2000 worth of chocolates at his door! Once again, JK.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:56 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Reichieru wrote:What about Canadian money, Nate? Or would I just have to buy a money order in American funds?

Aye, it'd have to be in American funds. But I'm still looking around to see what's out there; cafepress isn't the only "create your own store" thingie, although it is the easiest to integrate into the site.

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:28 pm
View Likes
Sam says...

The logo in the upper left hand corner rawks. Keep that one. :D
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

418 Reviews

Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:34 am
View Likes

Yeah, I agree, thats the best one...well, for now.

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:38 pm
AstrangedbeaR says...

dunno what i'd buy, depends what they sell, would they sell story books?
:roll:
*AstrangedbeaR*

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:45 pm
View Likes
Emma says...

Wait.. So I have to buy it in Dollars? What about Pounds?

418 Reviews

Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:00 am
View Likes

Yep, only dollars. I think Nate already said that, didn't he?

Well, when it first starts, you will only be able to use dollars, but if it develops well and it becomes big enough, you might be able to use pounds and canadian dollars. It might happen, might not. The store might not even open if we are unlucky.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:26 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Yep, EBM hit it right on the money :P

The store will eventually open, it just depends on when. For the next two weeks I shall mostly be enjoying my last two weeks of college (no papers, no exams, no classes... it will be great!), and then I'll be gone for most of May. A mid June date for the opening is most likely (it'll have to be since the current source of funding - my bank account - is drying up).

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:10 am
View Likes
Shadow Knight says...

The biggest problem to overcome is payment.

Sure i'd love to buy something from the YWS store, but, I've never even ordered a book online.
Cause i'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man revolution.

418 Reviews

Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:17 am
View Likes

Well, its safe, really, ordering stuff online. Theres nothing to worry about. Well, here, anyway. I don't know about Australia, but in AMERICA (*gasp*) you could always sue the mail for stealing your order. Thats not really my point, but theres nothing to be worried about.

We'll see how this plays out first. We shouldn't be talking about it so early. It can cause left brain damage...or something. Yeah.

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sun May 01, 2005 2:00 pm
View Likes
Zentillius says...

I doubt I would buy anything since there is little to nothing I would like. I'm pretty cosy in this... erm... room that I live in, but the point being here is that I don't have much money available to me and I don't really want anything right now.

And I shall remain cozy for the time being. :D
What man may proclaim himself man if he has not yet made the world better?

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Thu May 05, 2005 12:12 am
Elizabeth says...

something that would be cool is that you can pay to have your username or something put into a t shirt. there should be notebooks deffentaly....of course I would have to coax a certian boyfriend of mine :looks around: for the things. Or my dad, whichever has more money :-P

Oh no, I’m sorry, you’re under the impression that here on YWS we *help* writers instead of just feeding their gremlin tendencies.
— winterwolf0100