The sword
18%

Total votes : 256

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:07 am
View Likes
Shadow Knight says...

The first person to make a sword didn't write instructions did he/she?
Cause i'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man revolution.

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:08 am
View Likes
Midnight says...

Aww but society has become so reliant on the pen that if we are to learn the trade ourselves we have to now read the instructions. Less people now have it as a trade.
available

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:23 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

I think people are overexaggerating the use of the sword. When you compare two things, you don't fight them.

If I said; which is mightier, the chair or the sofa? You don't make a hypothetical battle between furniture. A pen isn't a weapon, just as a sword isn't a tool for writing. You can't compare them in a fight, it's not far.

So lets look at their practical uses. How many people here have a sword? And how many people have a pen? Exactly.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:44 pm
Sam says...

If you mean a dinky plastic one from our resort in Wisconsin Dells, then yeh, I have a sword.
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:41 pm
View Likes
Shadow Knight says...

I have 3 swords, real ones, not sharpened, I have 1 pen.
Cause i'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man revolution.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:37 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

Yes Sam, I'm referring to a fake sword, just as I was referring to fake pens *rolls eyes heavily*
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:49 pm
View Likes
little x soldier says...

Lets see.. A pen in Puerto Rico can be a gun. click!, and your dead.

What, which is mightier?
The pen writes. May be in my dairy, all my secrets but if there's no ink? Or if there is no more ink for the pen? What did the pen do? Put my thoughts on a piece of thing with a color except 'invisible'. It shows, with its ink and my hand that write things down, what I was thinking about. It shows. You look. (I mean a pen with ink, like the old times, not the keyboard connected to you pc)

A sword. If I knew how to use it, I would use it to fight more than protecting myself. Defense would be the shield. It won’t break that easy, if it isn't a toy.
A pen and a sword need something more to mean mighty to me.

But I think it's how you picture the sword or pen. I pictured the sword like a mighty helper. A sword I can use in a war, try my anger out on it. :lol:
So actually I think that they are just my thoughts of a sword whom are mighty.
Or is this nonsense? :? :oops:

I have lots of sword in house. The most kinds of sword I have are Samurai swords. I have lovely pens too. Some only work when I dip ink into it, a fill pen. A Chinese pen? Maybe it’s not a pen….. No I don’t think so. The ones I like most are the (ink) pens special for calligraphies. :P

later xxx Xia xxx
~xS;o:L;d:I;e:Rx~

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:10 am
Incandescence says...

Both are used to subvert people. A pen subverts a culture to an ideology; a sword, a ruler. I would be tempted to say pen, but that leaves room for people to elect a different leader. So the sword is, obviously, mightier.
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:29 am
View Likes
electricbluemonkey says...

I'm going to think more how they are mighty at hurting people:

The pen is just as mighty as the sword, or even mightier, I think. You can kill someone with a pen. Not physically, but verbally. You can write something so bad about something, that they will never forget it. As the sword, if you stab someone, their bruises and cuts will heal. But then again you can cut off someones arm and that will never heal...hmm...
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:04 pm
View Likes
-KayJuran- says...

one of my friends has an epee... thats a sword!

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:39 pm
View Likes
Incandescence says...

Plus, if some idiot chooses sword and comes running up to me...well, I wouldn't want to have my body minced up and think, "Oh well...at least people can READ about me!"
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:20 pm
View Likes
Elizabeth says...

where did my older post go?

I said the pen is mighter than the sword.

323 Reviews

Reviews: 323
Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:58 pm
View Likes
hekategirl says...

Well, your pen won't really help if a guy comes up with a sword trying to kill you know now will it?
But then again a sword won't help you if you get a sudden urge to write. So, the two are equl in their own ways.
So, what I say is have a pen AND a sword, then NO ONE can mess with ya :-D

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:01 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

Who decided to compare a pen and a sword anyway?

It's like me saying, "What's mightier? These headphones or this pencil?"

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:23 pm
View Likes
Nai says...

Which is mightier?

Paper Plates or Platic Cups? BUM Bum buuuuummmm...
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

Be steadfast as a tower that doth not bend its stately summit to the tempest’s shock.
— Dante Alighieri