z

Young Writers Society

What Perspective Do You Like To Write In?

What Perspective Do You Like To Write In?

First Person
33%
Second Person
4%
Third Person
41%
Buchanan Perspective
9%
No Preference
14%

Total votes : 316

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:35 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Cade wrote:Y'all are losers. I write in seventeenth perspective. Take THAT, Pat.

Pat writes in the FORTY-SECOND perspective.

Bartemius helps him with it.

:D
ohmeohmy

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:32 am
HurricaneEmily says...

First person. Though in fanfics, I do third. First is the way to go though. I like to be able to let the reader know exactly what the character is thinking.

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:37 am
mizz-iceberg says...

LIKE A TRUE YWS-ian BUCHANAN PRESPECTIVE.
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

96 Reviews

Reviews: 96
Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:40 am
flytodreams says...

Third person, in both fanfiction and my original writing. I'm really attracted to it, and I don't know why. Maybe because it's easier to write than in the other POVS, and yes I've tried them.

Pat writes in the FORTY-SECOND perspective.

...well, maybe not all of them.
Be yourself; everybody else is already taken.

I came, I saw, I conquered.

When you're being nice to your character, you're being bad to your book.

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:57 pm
JabberHut says...

I write in both first and third perspectives. However, I most enjoy the first person perspective. I, as a writer, can feel much more for the main character and is much easier to write with. My best works, I would say, are in first person. But I do have a few third person works out there.

First person, I would say, is the way to go. ^_~

Jabber, the One and Only!
I make my own policies.

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:40 pm
Black_Forestsong says...

whatevers good at the time, that's what i use.

It's actually harder for me to write in second person
Only one who will risk going too far can find out how far one can go.
-T.S. Elliot

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:01 am
Weatherthestorm says...

That Buchanan perspective intrigues me. From what I know about quantum physics and the other dimensions, the first five dimensions pan-out like this. The first is a dot. Sedond is flat and is common. Third dimension is the addition of depth to second dimension drawings. The fourth dimension is the three planes with the additional perspective of time. The fifth dimension is just time itself and there was another intricavy to it, but I don't remember what that was.
If it's not too much trouble, could someone send me a sample of the of the Buchanan perspective? If it's just a joke, then I'd feel pretty stupid after all of that. Someone please tell me though.
A poet must take the thorns so that others may enjoy the roses that have been made red through no act of nature.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:01 am
Weatherthestorm says...

That Buchanan perspective intrigues me. From what I know about quantum physics and the other dimensions, the first five dimensions pan-out like this. The first is a dot. Sedond is flat and is common. Third dimension is the addition of depth to second dimension drawings. The fourth dimension is the three planes with the additional perspective of time. The fifth dimension is just time itself and there was another intricavy to it, but I don't remember what that was.
If it's not too much trouble, could someone send me a sample of the of the Buchanan perspective? If it's just a joke, then I'd feel pretty stupid after all of that. Someone please tell me though.
A poet must take the thorns so that others may enjoy the roses that have been made red through no act of nature.

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:20 am
piepiemann22 says...

I usually write in thrid person, but resently i've been into short stories which I'm writing in first. Still, I like third best.
I will always fight back, no matter what.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:18 am
LowKey says...

I like third person the best. I tried first person, but I thought it was too hard...
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:03 am
Elelel says...

I said no preference. I write in first and third. I suppose I use first more often, but I really just do what the story requires.

God help me if a story ever requires Buchanan Perspective.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:23 am
VamPirate says...

My style changes between novels, although I would probably have to agree with many other people and go for First and Third person.

Thank you for opening my eyes to the Buchanan Perspective, which I had no idea existed until about thirty seconds ago...

VamPirate
* ~ !Check Out My Poem 'Since Forever' In The Young Writers Literary Journal! ~ *

=]

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:53 pm
alleycat13 says...

The all powerful omniscient third person! I like to know everything about every character in the story. So when I write, I want to give my readers that same knowledge.

I'll occasionally write in first person but pretty much only if it's a flashback.

Second person makes my head hurt.

And, well, the Buchanan Perspective, that makes my head hurt even more.
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

Got YWS?

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:13 pm
Stori says...

it depends on the story.
"The one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart."
Miles Vorkosigan

"You can be an author if you learn to paint pictures with words."
Brian Jacques

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:20 pm
thewonderworldofnight says...

If anyone here has read The Fall of Atlantis by Marion Zimmer Bradley, that's the sort of way I write. It's third person, but at certain point it focuses on stuff revolving around one character and switches throughout the story. That way, I can focus on my male character for a bit, then on my female character, and have their thoughts and such during that time, but give a broader view of the other characters as well. I used to write in first person but found it quite boring.

~Deoris
'"Many years ago, when I was young, I saw a fire, and what looked like death-- and beyond that, in the dark places, something...or some One, who knew me. Shall I at last find my way back to that wonderworld of Night?"'

Perfection is lots of little things done well.
— Marco Pierre White