z

Young Writers Society

What Perspective Do You Like To Write In?

What Perspective Do You Like To Write In?

First Person
33%
Second Person
4%
Third Person
41%
Buchanan Perspective
9%
No Preference
14%

Total votes : 316

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:53 am
tinny says...

The Buchanan Perspecitve threatens to cause my head to implode.

So I use third.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:57 pm
Shafter says...

I'd write in first more often, because I like it, but all my main characters are guys and I haven't mastered the guy-sounding writing voice... yet.
Got YWS?

Over 18? Join The Writers Society today!
http://www.thewriterssociety.com

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:10 pm
Reakeda says...

I love writing in second person, but I'm not good at it.. so.. majority of my work is written in third, with a few exceptions being written in first. I've started in second and then accidently switched to third.. got too far.. so I just switched what I had in second to third. Like I said.. not good at writting second. ><

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:16 pm
Esmé says...

Usually, it's third person. Most of my stories are like that, but curretly I'm experimenting, and turned to first person.

I have to say, it is weird.

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:26 pm
Swires says...

I think my writing is better in first, my third person is always a little boring and laborious to read.
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:56 pm
xhalcyonx128 says...

I've always wanted to write something in 2nd person, but haven't yet. I plan to though. So far I vary between 1st and 3rd person.

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:20 pm
Writersdomain says...

I prefer first person. It's such a fun POV, but I usually find myself writing in third person because of location and character issues.
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:53 pm
Leja says...

Third person, definitely! Easier to show relations between the character and the world around them, I think.

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:25 pm
Fan says...

My quasi-quantum synapse situated in the fourth dimension rocks at Buchanan perspective, but unfortunately I lost touch with it when it fell into a wormhole...:D

On a more serious note, I like to use third and first POVs. However I tend to fall into the 'I did this...I did that...' trap without realising, so I prefer third.

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:00 pm
Cade says...

Y'all are losers. I write in seventeenth perspective. Take THAT, Pat.
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:25 am
AWritersFantasy says...

I said third person, but it really depends on the..."feel" I'm getting for the story.

For example, my Chronicles of Magic: Daughter of the Mystics story I was working on last year was written in first person. It felt right to write it that way. That might be because I ended up turning it in to a very fictional memoir (I only wish I could have a brother who was turned in to a tiger and is my animal familiar who's name is Sereven, but sadly that's not true), but when I started writing it it felt -right- to be writing it in first person.

I think I tried writing something I started writing a few months ago, before I came up with Archer's Legend in first person, but it didn't feel right to me so I switched to third person. And then I came up with Archer's Legend.

I voted for third person, but as I said it really depends on the feel of the story. I could even go as far as to say it depends on how the main character is "speaking" to me, but I don't know if I can do that. XD

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:33 am
Elizabeth says...

Liz doesn't particularily have a preference but then again Liz doesn't have anything...
Liz is just kind of here and there.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:39 am
Jiggity says...

BUCHANAN FTW!!
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:23 am
Dynamo says...

Third person. I tend to switch between the perspectives of my characters a lot, especially with the main character and his best friend. I actually have five main characters and four minor characters that are always with the main character group. I want to be able to tell all their stories, and I find it a little more difficult and awkward if it's in 1st person. 1st person gives you less freedom to move around from one character's head to another in the same chapter.
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:21 pm
Layleun says...

Buchanan Perspective FTW!!

*runs around while waving arms around*

~Lupe

Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again.
— James R. Cook