Other
12%

Total votes : 353

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:41 am
View Likes
tori1234 says...

I was two! I know that sounds young, but my brother is older than me, and every day he'd come home from school, he'd teach me everything they taught him! So like by the time i was in Kindergarten, I was on a third grade level.
Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba
Sithi uhm ingonyama
Nants ingonyama bagithi baba
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama
Ingonyama
Siyo Nqoba
Ingonyama
Ingonyama nengw' enamabala

If you know what this is from, become my best friend. =)

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:19 pm
View Likes
Bloo says...

well i technically started at three, but i did not get in to it till i was 11, and that was with the book "city of ember", but what i first read i think was the night before Christmas, on Christmas eve.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

273 Reviews

Reviews: 273
Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:23 pm
Explosive_Pen says...

I learned simple words at age four. I was a slow developer. In the first grade, at age six, I was the only one in the class who couldn't read. So my mom took initiative and taught me to read the way she'd learned when she still lived in Poland. Within a week, I was reading chapter books on a fifth grade level.
"You can love someone so much...But you can never love people as much as you can miss them."

273 Reviews

Reviews: 273
Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:12 pm
Lost_in_dreamland says...

I was 2-3. My mum taught me, we would go rather long journeys and holidays that were far away, I would sit in the car and read books aloud to my mum and dad. Heheh we have videos of it, quite cute.
for what are we without words and stories?

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:32 pm
View Likes
Demeter says...

I was about 3, my brother taught me. I don't remember what the exact first book was, but I remember reading a book called "Triplets in the Kindergarten" (in Finnish, of course).

Or I'm not sure whether I remember the actual reading, or the video that has been taken from the session without me knowing. :D Really. Mom or Dad stalked me at my door and filmed me reading that book (I was reading it out loud.)
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

Reviews: 3
Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:50 pm
Blue Giraffe says...

I chose age 4. I can't tell you when I learned to read for the life of me, but I remember reading a book in Pre-K (preschool). It was something about "scary" monsters and in the end there was a spaghetti fight. I'm sure that my parents read to me before then, but I've got a horrible memory. *shrug*

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:51 pm
View Likes
Imperatrix Xoco says...

I started when I was three, and I'm pretty sure that the book had something to do with... whales... :\ My mind's a bit of a fog past that. I just remember seeing a picture of a whale when I was three and reading the page outloud.

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:16 am
View Likes
Adnamarine says...

I started at age three. I think that the book was... In the Night Kitchen. That at least was one of the first ones. Good book. =)

But I'm kind of proud of us; most of us reading at age three? The majority of people can't say that!
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:20 am
Musicaloo7311 says...

I started reading at age three, although I attempted countless times before then. Many a picture of ours is one that features a two year old me with a book open, staring intently.
Click-ity click! Reviews here. :)
The Completely Evil Plan.

"You treat me badly; I love you madly."
Formerly known as music_lover_7311.

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:36 am
fluteluvr77 says...

I picked four...But, I honestly don't know what my first book was...Can I pretend it was something by Shakespeare, or something like that?! :P
Love is the answer to life yet the slowest form of suicide.
Love is a paradox.
And that's why we love it.

Got YWS?

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Sat May 23, 2009 11:40 pm
RubinLikes2Write says...

ok 1st of all

Hahaha!! Bull that people started reading at age 3! It may seem like you were that young but, come on!

Anyways my first chapter book was Harry Potter and the Sorcerers stone. And even then i ha to get help from my mom on certain sentences.
I wish my lawn was emo so it would cut its self.

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:54 pm
Angels-Symphony says...

I started talking when I was one =_= And boy, I was annoying.

Talking fluently when I was 2.

Started singing when I was 3... Yeah, you can't stop your grandparents from laughing at you for singing "What Little Girls Are Made Of" on your first trip to the Philippines.

I'm not really sure when I started "actually" reading, because my mom would read to me so much when I was 3 that I could memorize the book and "read" it upside down. So I think that counted as memorization.

The first book I read was "My Heart" and it was this little cardboard square book from my church xD Just little sentences, but it was the first step.

By the time I was four I was past those Dr. Suess books and started reading those little chapter books with large print.

I skipped 1st grade because I could read "The cat was fat." without breaking a sweat and went on to second grade, which explains why I'm 13 and going to be a sophomore. But no fear! I shall be 14 in august xD

-Shina
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:32 am
View Likes
Boni_Bee says...

I think I started reading at age five, and the first books I read were the Ladybug books about Kate, Tom and Sam the dog.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:15 am
WaterVyper says...

I think it was three or four. It wasn't actually a 'book', just a bunch of cards that my teacher had bound together. They had sentences on them, and a cover and everything. I was so proud when I was able to read everything without help. Sadly, it's gone now.
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:47 am
afeefah says...

I think i started reading when i was three. "The Cat in the Hat" was and is one of my all time favourites. :D

Afeefah :D
I am who I am. I wouldn't be me if I wasn't. :wink:

This is a message to all you out there. You don't have to be the fastest writer. You don't have to write 2000 words in one sitting. But if you put your mind to it and really love your project, you can and will get further along than you ever thought possible.
— FireEyes