3%
Other
12%

Total votes : 353

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:16 pm
Dream Deep says...

I do believe it was three for me. I had a big, blue Dr. Seuss book that I read rather consantly. But I really can't say if that was because I could actually read the stories or if it was because I had memorized them and could recite them aloud.

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:58 pm
bubblewrapped says...

Er, to be honest, I kind of started learning to read as soon as I could talk. My mother is very fond of telling me I used to point to road signs and such as a small child and ask, "What does that say?" and forced her to make up stories about my favourite toy, Dolly Day. Granted, I dont think I was actually reading on my own until at least three or four, but I seriously can't remember much before my 6th birthday, so I can't really answer accurately -.-

I do remember being rather fond of a Little Golden Book called "The Poky Little Puppy" though. I, ah, still keep a copy too :oops:
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:31 am
Aet Lindling says...

HEY! I am very proud of learning at age 2! Add that option now or I'll eat your face!

Edit: "I do remember being rather fond of a Little Golden Book called "The Poky Little Puppy" though. I, ah, still keep a copy too."

Oh! I love that book!
dun worry
it's all gun be k

Random avatar

Reviews: 124
Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:39 am
View Likes
Reyu says...

Six years old. The book was "Goodnight Moon"
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

~George Carlin

The Completely Evil Plan.

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:58 am
Caligula's Launderette says...

Awww.

I started reading at three and my first book was One Fish, Two Fish by Dr. Seuss.

:P
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:54 am
Bella says...

I started reading at four, because my dad read the same book to me every night, and I started memorizing it; after a week or two, i could look at a word, and know what it was, just from that book.
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:59 am
View Likes
Meep says...

It took me forever to learn to read, if I remember correctly. Once I caught on, though, I picked it up really fast. (I remember being in first grade and having to go to the second grade room to get a book for silent reading time. It was scary!)

The first book I remember reading was a Clifford book, but I don't remember which one.
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:06 am
PenguinAttack says...

Umm, like many others I could never pinpoint when I learnt to read, I know I could read well enough by Kindi.. so I chose 4 ^.^

In all honesty the first book that I can really remember reading is "The Never Ending Story" but that was in Year 2 so I was about 6. I do know that I have many Little Miss books, and I know I read "There's A Hippopotumus On Our Roof Eating Cake" when I was really little ^.^ (It's my favourite kids book.)

According to my dearest Mum and Dad, I have always loved reading, as they did. I suppose being read to every day for the most part of your childhood does that to you ^.^

Reyu wrote:The book was "Goodnight Moon"

Oh! I loved that book!

*Hearts* Le Penguin.
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

59 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 59
Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:58 am
Fye says...

I chose 4. First book I read I think should be those that are meant to teach you how to read that came in a series. The first and easiest one would be Peter and Jane. 1st page: This is Peter. 2nd page: (A sketch of Peter). 3rd page: This is Jane. 4th page:(A sketch of Jane). 5th page: This is [can't remember the dog's name]. 6th page: (Yep, a sketch of the dog). 7th page: This is Peter and Jane. 8th page: (Sketch of Peter and Jane). So, yeah, you get the idea. I remember one book I got really stuck to was a book full of children's rhymes. I'd sit on the floor singing all of them whole day long.

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:46 am
Esmé says...

I think I was five, but I don't really remember, much less what the book was. I voted five, though.

But three? Wow!

Reviews: 2
Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:43 pm
dellafiora3395 says...

I started reading at two. I learned letters and stuff when I turned two, then was reading words by two and a quarter. The first picture book I read was the Cat In The Hat, but the first real book I read was at age 4, and it was the US Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.
I love: Marching Band, Tab, Toasty, Alto Clarinet, Alto Sax, Clarinet, Evan, Marky Marky, Fullmer, and Uncle Johnson.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:56 pm
nothingface says...

i was three and nearly four, and i read a beutiful book called Mimis dream house, it was about a mouse who wanted a house. it was always my fave book when i was wee and now im moving house and today while i was packing up some stuff i found it! also because i am the youngest in my family and was always the smallest so my dad would call my Mimi Mouse and now im really interested in mice (whenever i see one i may get excited and try to catch it)and it has wonderful pictures.

well gotta go pack some more!

Mimi
The Best
And Most Beutiful Things,
Cannot Be Seen Or Even Touched.
-----------------------------------------

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:04 pm
Lindsaroo says...

I think I was forced to start reading at 4? I used to think 'Go, Dog. Go!' was the biggest book I had ever seen. But, I started liking to read once the Harry Potter books came out. Don't remember when that was right at the moment though.
"After it happened I thought that I'd just try to live as normally as possible and bury it, but things like that don't stay buried. I didn't think it would, but it taints your whole life."

"My desires were bestial, obviously." -Jeffery Dahmer.

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:39 pm
Poltergiest says...

He he... My first book ever was Toad on the Road. It was like, 75 pages long and I read it all to my dad. It was cool.

~Pol~
I used to rule the world, see it rise when I gave the word, now in the morning I sleep alone, sweep the streets I used to own

-Coldplay, Viva La Viva

266 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 266
Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:33 am
backgroundbob says...

I'm pretty sure I was reading before I was three, though I don't remember what my first book would have been. I do remember that very early on a had a storybook of Davy Crocket with a tape to go along, and that I memorised every single word and tone of voice, I listened to that thing so much.

Ah, I'm still totally that weird kid.
The Oneday Cafe
though we do not speak, we are by no means silent.

Nobody wants to see the village of the happy people.
— Lew Hunter