Other
12%

Total votes : 353

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:53 pm
View Likes
ThereseCricket says...

I started reading around five I THINK. It might have been six. I was slow to learn, but once I did! xD My mother never saw me again... I was always gone, in the corner, reading whatever I could find. lol
In Truth Unity,
In Doubt Liberty,
In all things Charity.

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:49 am
Pretzelstick says...

Of course we all jere are so smart and most of us began to read at the age of three right? Well when I was three I learned to read in Polish and then at the age of six I learned how to read in Englis.. So ha I am biliterarive whixh means I read two different languages!
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:58 am
WritingWolf says...

My parents always read to me (I don't mean little kids books, I mean chapter books, probably what you'd expect 8-10 year-olds to read) when I was little so it is kind of hard to remember when I started to read.
Me and my sisters where all late reading (yay homeschooling). I probably first started at like 5, but I didn't really get into learning to read until like 7 or 8. I couldn't read on my own until I was 9. I was very resistant to learning to read. My parents weren't worried because they knew I loved stories and eventually I would be self-motivated enough to learn.

When I was learning to read we used this series called Bob Books which was designed for learning to read. I loved Bob Books, but I can't remember who they are by.
Once I could actually read I didn't spend any time in little books with very few pages like you expect from new readers, I just jumped into small chapter books. That was probably due to the fact that I didn't read until so late (well, late compared to all the other kids I knew, I don't know when people normally start reading). The first book I read on my own was a Magic Kitten book (by Sue Bentley), I'm not entirely sure which one, it could have been Circus Wish or A Summer Spell. I can't remember.
~You can only grasp what you reach for~

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:11 pm
View Likes
TheCardsHaveNoMemory says...

I started reading at four. I was Homeschooled, and my mom was teaching me how to, and halfway through it I just picked up this advanced book and read it all the way through and my mom said that she had done her job, LOL. :o :smt003
If Fate were moved by tears, men would offer gold to buy them.
Yet grief still puts them forth, as the tree puts forth leaves.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:11 pm
TheWorldIsMyLife says...

I actually started reading when I'd just turned two.. :3
"We can lick gravity but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming." ~ Wernher von Braun

175 Reviews

Reviews: 175
Fri May 22, 2015 11:19 am
Harker says...

The first book I ever read fully by myself (I was four) was the Absent Author, in the A-Z Mysteries series.
John. Queer guy, writer, fan of stuff.

~ Some men are born in their bodies, others have to fight for it. ~

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:00 pm
raevynstar says...

I was two, according to my family. I know I've been reading ever since I can remember....
Why read this? Why not do that thing you always wanted to do?
Go now. Find your passion. I'm sure it's not reading signatures.

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:56 am
origamidragons says...

I don't exactly remember when or what I started reading, but I know I was reading the Magic Tree House Books in preschool.

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:14 pm
Lava says...

A kids version of the Jataka tales, at 4ish.

Before that I used to "read" things like Goldilocks/Cinderella/Sleeping Beauty, by looking at the pictures.
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:36 pm
Zolen says...

Six, I hated reading and was behind everyone, all these boring ultra happy picture books annoyed me. But then they took me to a special class and I met this lady who showed me chapter books and novels, and I suddenly wanted to read. As suddenly I saw stories almost as interesting as the ones in my head.
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

522 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 522
Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:48 pm
Lavvie says...

I voted for five, because that was when my love for reading really blossomed. The first book I read was Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.

I think I was reading children's books before five by myself, though, like Dr. Seuss and Robert Munsch.

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:02 pm
Sins says...

Are we talking reading in English?

PLOT TWIST.

Jk, it's not that exciting. I didn't learn how to write or read in English until I was around 8, but I started reading Welsh when I was like 3-4 in nursery. The earliest book I remember reading is the Welsh translation of We're Going on a Bear Hunt. Such an epic story, goddamnit.
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:09 pm
AutoPilot says...

I started reading in Kindergarten, when I realized that words were not just these random lines that come together, but that they were easily deciphered. The first book I read on my own was... Either Mouse Soup or The Cat in the Hat, but I do not really remember which I read first....
I create because I feel the need to make up for everything I've destroyed

Reviews: 0
Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:55 pm
Bionik says...

I was four years old and simply tired of asking my parents to read smth for me :)
Cry, cry like a child...(c)

"People should not be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
— V for Vendetta