Other
12%

Total votes : 353

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:42 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

So, when did you begin reading? And, what was the first book you ever read?

And just in case you're like me and the first book you ever read is slightly embarrassing, I'll start off! I began reading at age 4 and my first book was Barbie Goes To A Barbecue :P

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:44 pm
View Likes
Crysi says...

Pat Buchanan?

Seriously, though, I remember reading at four, but I can't remember what my first book was.

But I like yours, Nate. ;)
Last edited by Crysi on Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love and Light

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:44 pm
View Likes
Emerson says...

I picked five, but honestly I don't remember when I started reading. I know I started liking reading in 5th grade, but I know I had to know reading before then, and I probably learned in first grade, or before then. Since I was in a private school up until 5th grade, I was slightly "ahead" since private schools are always ahead, and I had to know how to read the bible, etc, so I probably knew fairly early. I just can't remember that for back. >.<
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:46 pm
Alice says...

I started reading at THREE and the first book I ever read was Where the wild things are, by Maurice Sendark (there's a 97% chance that I spelled that wrong)
I just lost the game.

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:48 pm
Trident says...

I picked four because that was when I first remember reading. My dad used to read these huge picture book fairy tale things to my sister who was a year older than me and I learned to read from that.
Perception is everything.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:53 pm
View Likes
Lini-chan says...

I started when I was three, and I first read one of the Magic School Bus books (I can't remember which one), and ever since, I was hooked. I watched every episode and read every book.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:57 pm
Rydia says...

I think I was about three and I don't remember my first book but some of the early ones were the Hans Christian Anderson fairytales and the ladybird children's books collection.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:59 pm
Twit says...

I can't remember actually. It's one of those things like biting my nails, I can't remember when I started doing it. I vote for four, though.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:59 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

I can't actually remember not reading. I know I had these things called "reading books" to do from Kindergarten up, and I read those. The first proper book I read was probably the Faraway Tree stories, by Enid Blyton (I had one book with loads of her books in it - a compilation thing). So, yeah.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:16 pm
View Likes
Elizabeth says...

The first book I read was There's a Monster in my Closet
and after that I began to read Green Eggs and Ham... that one took me longer but... I've been reading ever since...

I stll read green eggs and ham :)

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:21 pm
View Likes
Jennafina says...

I think around four, but my parents read to me starting at day one. xD I didn't really enjoy reading until I was eight or nine, though.

My first book was called Amelia Bedilia, lol.
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:24 pm
View Likes
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

I remember when I was three or four reading with my mom in "A Hundred Easy Lessons to Get a Kid Interested in Reading" (or a title something like that, LOL) and being all pouty about it, but my mind's a blank until about five months later and I liked it. XD The first book I can say I seriously read was this huge analogy of children's stories. Something about a yellow blankie...? that or "Where the Wild Things Are". XD 'Twasn't long after that that I was semi-obsessed with reading.
ohmeohmy

195 Reviews

Reviews: 195
Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:40 pm
PsychicNinja says...

I started reading when I was three. My first book..was probably some Hungarian rhyme book.

~Timea
"Look, Ma. No hands"
"You haven't got a ma."
"Maybe a nice old lady will adopt me. I'm very loveable."
―Fi and Darman

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:42 pm
View Likes
Twit says...

My first book was called Amelia Bedilia, lol.

My brother read those for his reading lesson! I actually found them rather good. :)
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:13 pm
View Likes
Teague says...

I started reading at three, and my first book wasn't really a book. It was a newspaper. My parents were a bit surprised, but for the most part I taught myself.

But my brother- four years my senior- helped me smooth out the rough patches. We used to read a Rugrats book before bed. We'd take turns reading it aloud to each other.

...I miss those days.
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

I do all of the training for Walgreen’s cashiers.
— The Devil