1%
Other
4%

Total votes : 253

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:07 pm
GryphonFledgling says...

I had to vote keyboard because that is what I am using for the second draft of my novel, but for most other things, I use a pencil and looseleaf paper that I keep contained on a big clipboard I carry everywhere.

However, I can't wait for a laptop so that I can carry that everywhere instead. But I do think that nothing will ever completely erase the pleasure of watching words pour out from under your fingers as you hold nothing but a stick and a piece of chewed up paper. It's amazing the stuff you can create. That is a kind of satisfaction that nothing else can overshadow.

~GryphonFledgling
I am reminded of the babe by you.

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:36 am
Monki says...

I normally take my journal with me everywhere, and then when I get home, I get on my laptop and update my story on there as well.
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:00 am
casey_kent says...

Hmm. If I'm doing a draft story/poem/writing, I use a pen and a paper. Then I would edit it and type it on the computer.
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:00 pm
JFW1415 says...

I HAVE to use a keyboard. Writing by hand is so slow. Besides, I get lazy by hand. I end up ditching entire scenes, and not expanding on anything. (The reviewers on here would have a field day.) Besides, something that takes one hour to handwrite would take about ten minutes to type for me.

I even do planning on the computer. I can add and delete thing so much easier! All hail the enter/delete key!

~JFW1415

200 Reviews

Reviews: 200
Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:27 am
MidnightVampire says...

I usually have my official Writing Folder (it gets caps because of this. I declare it.) with me, and that's where I keep a lot of my writing. For some odd reason, when I'm on the computer words just don't flow. Though I do use the computer for some things.

JFW1415- The delete key seems to be my enemy, I tend to rewrite entire scenes over and over for hours, so after an hour, I only have a sentence. All hail the pen/pencil and paper! (though I do plan sometimes on the computer)
I realized that I said I'd be gone for only two weeks...but I was gone for much longer.I hope to stay on this time. :)

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:01 pm
vet4life13 says...

I find it a lot easier to write with a pencil in my hand. I like to write outside, or in a quiet place. It really helps get rid of distractions. Usually when I try to type on the computer, I get distracted clicking on random links. :)

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:40 pm
JFW1415 says...

vet4life13 wrote:I find it a lot easier to write with a pencil in my hand. I like to write outside, or in a quiet place. It really helps get rid of distractions. Usually when I try to type on the computer, I get distracted clicking on random links. :)

Same here. I LOVE writing outside, and I get distracted easily. [url]darkcopy.com[/url] helps with the distractions, and I open windows. I just can't seem to write by hand for the life of me.

I need to get a laptop with no Internet and type outside. :wink:

~JFW1415

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sat May 17, 2008 4:12 pm
helpless42 says...

it all depends. whenever I write with a pen or pencil, it always turns into some huge fantasy. when I type Is usually realistic fiction or a smaller type of fantasy, like no magic horses and fairy godmothers and stuff like that

Random avatar

Reviews: 115
Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:52 pm
Young gun says...

I'm beginning to use the keyboard.
Too bad we don't live to experinece death

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Thu May 27, 2010 3:01 am
darkangel_05 says...

I'm using a pencil, and a notebook.
Sometimes B sharp,
Never B flat,
Always B natural.

I love writing songs and listening to music and books and daydreaming and coffee at five in the morning.

Reviews: 1
Thu May 27, 2010 7:18 am
Maha says...

I have to use my laptop, whether I have written it on my journal or not. sometimes when I am free and get an idea i scribble it down on the journal and then I update it on my laptop.

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Sun May 30, 2010 4:14 pm
ToritheMonster says...

I write the entire thing in pencil in a notebook (or several) then get somebody to type it. Inefficient, but that's how I do it.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

126 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 126
Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:13 am
Day says...

Keyboard and computer because my hand writing isn't the greatest, and it is much easier to edit and such in the long run.
"If the king doesn't lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?"

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:20 am
Shepherd says...

My laptop, when I'm feeling confident about what I am writing.

If I'm feeling intimidated, and I don't want to see what I have already written, I will write with whatever is handy. Pens, pencils. I have ruined several nice sketches after suddenly being taken by an idea that I -had- to write down. Immediately. All over my drawing.
Paramedic
Writer
Crazy
Nije vas zahvatila druga kušnja osim ljudske. Ta vjeran je Bog: neæe pustiti da budete kušani preko svojih sila, nego æe s kušnjom dati i ishod da možete izdržati.

319 Reviews

Reviews: 319
Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:23 am
Jashael says...

I use--dun dun du-duuunnn
>>A CELLPHONE!!!

All of my first drafts are in my best friend's cellphone which I sent to her every time my cellphone's memory was full.

But now, we don't text anymore. My crazy ideas ended. :|
So now, I'm polishing my stuffs in my laptop! XD
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen:
not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.”

—C.S. LEWIS

My SPOTIFY page
Facebook
Got a life?

You must never give into despair. Allow yourself to slip down that road, and you surrender to your lowest instincts. In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength.
— Uncle Iroh