A few times a week
20%
Once or twice a week
16%
A few times a month
21%
Never
9%
That's like that deoderant spray, right?
16%

Total votes : 222

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu May 10, 2007 2:31 am
Nate says...

So how often do you critique? A lot? Not so much?

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Thu May 10, 2007 2:36 am
View Likes
Emerson says...

About one a day, to more than one a day, but this is a basic average, because for the days I don't comment on something I'll have days where I go on total rampages xD Sometimes I just feel compelled to comment..

One a day might no be accurate though, I think I have an obscured view of my own critiquing habits. I'm always thinking "I wish I critiqued more" but then I hear people say, "You critique so much!" and I think, "What on earth are they talking about? I spam!" [like now!]
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Thu May 10, 2007 2:39 am
Writersdomain says...

I try to critique once a day, and, like Claudette, there are some days when I'll critique 3 or 4 pieces or more. Lately, school has been interfering, but I make a general goal of critiquing once a day.
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Thu May 10, 2007 2:41 am
Via says...

I have to agree Clau. I have certain days where I have absolutely no inspiration to critique anything in the least (example: this month in nanowrimo, critiques are short lol) and then I have days where I critque everything on the first page of the poetry forum.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu May 10, 2007 2:49 am
Snoink says...

Depends how much spare time I have? Lately, not much at all. It's rather pathetic.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Thu May 10, 2007 3:39 am
View Likes
Trident says...

I've been trying more lately. I just finished finals today, so I should be doing more... but at home I have horribly slow dial-up, so that may not happen as much as I wish.
Perception is everything.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Thu May 10, 2007 3:43 am
emooly says...

I haven't the slightest clue how much I do. I haven't been here long enough to know. I went with deoderant.
Moo you.

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Thu May 10, 2007 3:46 am
bubblewrapped says...

I usually manage a few a month; probably enough to keep up my 2:1 ratio but not much more than that. I tend to get **cough** involved in my crits, and since I'm always so busy with uni I dont really have the time to crit that often. I guess I go for quality over quantity, LOL.
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Thu May 10, 2007 3:47 am
View Likes
Jennafina says...

I try for once or twice a day, but that doesn't always happen.
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Thu May 10, 2007 3:59 am
Elizabeth says...

Who cares when I critique?
I don't give anything helpful, but if I see something I really like and want to help that person, I comment usually once a month... or more, but usually it's on the same piece.

Long live laziness.

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Thu May 10, 2007 4:04 am
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

I try to critique whenever i get on YWS, i just don't have a lot of time to contribute. Yet what time i do have it's spent on critiquing (usually).
Last edited by Dargquon Ql'deleodna on Thu May 10, 2007 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life's a B*tch, slap it upside the head.

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Thu May 10, 2007 4:05 am
View Likes
emooly says...

Elizabeth wrote:Who cares when I critique?
I don't give anything helpful, but if I see something I really like and want to help that person, I comment usually once a month... or more, but usually it's on the same piece.

Long live laziness.

*lifts up fist* Power to the lazies!
Moo you.

514 Reviews

Reviews: 514
Thu May 10, 2007 4:13 am
JC says...

I normally critique like 2-3 peices on a normal day, 3-4 on a good day. Mostly because I'm keeping up with a lot of books people are writing as opposed to just stories...speaking of which...I gotta go catch up hehe =D

-JC
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Thu May 10, 2007 10:21 am
Sureal says...

It varies, usually depending on how much time I have. If I have plenty of time, then quite a bit. If I don't, then rarely.
I wrote the above just for you.

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Thu May 10, 2007 11:03 am
View Likes
deleted6 says...

Honest answer, not enough lmao. I do try though if something catches my eye, also Elizabeth some people appreciate the help, but truth be told especially younger ones, are quite sensitive with there work. Anyway away from point I do try critique when I can, but again it's finding time and finding something I know I can help on.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

Perhaps the real rickroll was the friends we made along the way
— GengarIsBestBoy