z

Young Writers Society

What will happen in 2021?

What will happen in 2021?

- C, X and Q will become obsolete and removed from the alphabet.
15%
- Human feet will become just one big toe (predicted in 1911!)
8%
- Robotic earthworms will gobble up all our garbage.
10%
- Pat Buchanan will reveal himself as the leader of #Classified.
8%
- TheEgg will become the Supreme Overlord of YWS, successfully doing what Rydia attempted for years.
22%
- Dogs will evolve the ability to talk.
12%
- NASA will release the technology that lets houses float.
8%
- Time travel will be invented, but will only allow you to go back sixty seconds.
18%

Total votes : 158

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:45 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

With 2021 right around the corner (and possibly already here, depending on when you read this post or take this poll!) it's time to start predicting just what will happen in the coming year.

What are your predictions for 2021?

Feel free to elaborate your answer in this thread - or suggest something completely different! :)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

1485 Reviews

Reviews: 1485
Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:02 pm
View Likes
IcyFlame says...

I mean, I'm pretty sure all of these things will happen in 2021. That's the only way this coming year will be more intense than the one we've just had!

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:15 pm
View Likes
pelsteam says...

Mine are pretty basic, but these are my thoughts:

The Good:
- Mass vaccinations are likely to be getting rolled out and I can see a slow return to normal life by the second half of 2021.
- Something fun to do with space travel gets announced.
- At least one really cool discovery that totally changes human understanding, in a good way.

The Bad:
- Lockdowns and travel bans are likely to persist for at least the first six months of 2021.
- Economic hardship and shortages on some non-essential things. I'm half-expecting the UK to see a rationing system like in the war years, and I think the timing of both Brexit and the pandemic is going to leave us with a Greek-style economy that might not recover for a decade or more.
- I predict at least one large-scale disaster that's going to be worsened by the pandemic and cause a lot of difficulties for the people in the affected area.

The Silly:
- Elon Musk invents time travel.
- The Large Hadron Collider accidentally opens a portal to a parallel universe.
- George RR Martin releases The Winds of Winter.

498 Reviews

Reviews: 498
Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:25 pm
View Likes
Que says...

Please don’t let Q become obsolete!!!!!!! ;)

Actually, I predict that the alphabet itself will become unnecessary and we will only communicate in emojis, memes, and wild gesticulations. (Makes writing a bit harder, but we’re up for a challenge, right??)
Est-ce que vous parlez français?

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:42 pm
View Likes
Elfboy says...

I don't think C will become obsolete, it will simply become the sound for "ch". So after payday, you'll kash you ceks, when you answer a poll about your favorite sweets you'll coose kake, and when you battle your opponents, you'd better search their armor for a cink.
"What is grief, if not love persevering?"

--Vision

455 Reviews

Reviews: 455
Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:05 pm
View Likes
Hijinks says...

@Elfboy wrote:I don't think C will become obsolete, it will simply become the sound for "ch". So after payday, you'll kash you ceks, when you answer a poll about your favorite sweets you'll coose kake, and when you battle your opponents, you'd better search their armor for a cink.

Heyyy then peeps would pronounce my last name correctly!!! I wholeheartedly support this change.
When you're faced with something you don't understand, I think the most natural thing but also least interesting thing you can be is afraid.

-- Hank Green

they/them
(previously whatchamacallit and Seirre)

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:26 pm
View Likes
Elfboy says...

@whatchamacallit wrote:
@Elfboy wrote:I don't think C will become obsolete, it will simply become the sound for "ch". So after payday, you'll kash you ceks, when you answer a poll about your favorite sweets you'll coose kake, and when you battle your opponents, you'd better search their armor for a cink.

Heyyy then peeps would pronounce my last name correctly!!! I wholeheartedly support this change.

*hypothesizes about loonz's last name*
"What is grief, if not love persevering?"

--Vision

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:49 pm
View Likes
starbean says...

My predictions are kind of lame but...

The good:
The world will be more grateful for others after being separated for a whole year
The bad:
People will go crazy and start the pandemic over again
People will go out and binge shop for absolutely no reason and buy a bunch of junk that breaks after fifteen minutes to "prepare"
she/her————pro-life————Christian————climber of rocks, trees, and rooftops----reader of poetry, Antoine de Saint Exupery, Pam Munoz Ryan, and Anthony Doerr
"She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain." -Louisa May Alcott

Random avatar

Reviews: 12
Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:09 pm
View Likes
AbduBinSaj8 says...

Glad to see all the great optimists around. All the positivities, all the great hopes - Oh I'm truly unworthy of such a holy sight.
As a realist, and a staunch pessimist, I'm not gonna get my hopes very high. I just wish that this COVID thing goes away.

Anyway, my expectations include -
* No significant technological advancement. That's not to say everything will be stuck in time. Tech will progress, but at a slower pace than normal. There's a very good reason why I am saying this. But explaining it will take a lot of time. Nevertheless, I hope I'll be proven wrong in this.
* New wars, probably. I'm sure there will be plenty of new context for new wars. You see, we're such creatures that talks about peace while getting ready for the upcoming war.
* Economic exploitation at a greater pace than ever, which will be broadcast worldwide under the name of 'economic development' or 'economic growth'.
* Plenty of riots and political turmoil - we see this every year.
* "Screw the environment, we need more money." How do you expect greedy people in power to tackle environmental crisis? By cutting down more trees?
* Can we go to the Mars now? The earth's becoming a living hell.
* A small group of people’s lives will improve, and I mean it - a small group only.
* Most of the world population will remain as they were in 2020. I hope it's for the best.
* Ok, I have a lot of positive things to say too. But I'm gonna leave it up to you.

What's your opinion on these?
(If it's too uncomfortable to talk about all the negative possibilities, you can just ignore this post. Nobody will know.)

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:20 pm
View Likes
fatherfig says...

My 2021 predictions

- i will not sleep nearly enough

the one thing that is certain
"i dont slay i slaughter, luke i am your father..." ~fatherfig

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:22 pm
View Likes
fatherfig says...

Elfboy wrote:I don't think C will become obsolete, it will simply become the sound for "ch". So after payday, you'll kash you ceks, when you answer a poll about your favorite sweets you'll coose kake, and when you battle your opponents, you'd better search their armor for a cink.

I think my brain just imploded ;-;
"i dont slay i slaughter, luke i am your father..." ~fatherfig

Reviews: 1
Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:37 pm
View Likes
CaseyDiamonds says...

Have you ever heard of the movie "I am Legend" It all started with a failed vaccine and guess what it took place in 2021 isn't that a little ........ Ya know odd?????
Just giving ya something ta think about but no need to worry. It's just a movie right??????
[size=85][color=#4000BF][/color][/size]

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:37 pm
View Likes
VioletFantasy says...

@CaseyDiamonds Yes!!!!! I've been thinking about that movie all year!!

Reviews: 0
Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:55 pm
View Likes
xenoboy05 says...

2021? What will happen? We'll all be one year older.
The world is a stage and a stage is a world of entertainment.

Why does anybody do anything? Shear absolute boredom!

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:17 am
View Likes
mythh says...

I'm predicting the invention of teleportation. Transportation of information exists, but I'm hoping more than predicting that transportation of matter comes into the grasps of all our physicists across the world. That'll be a hint of hope I'd get from 2021...
The name's Myth.

My tongue must tell the anger of my heart, or else my heart, concealing it, will break...
— Katherine, The Taming of the Shrew