z

Young Writers Society

Are you participating in NaPo this year?

Are you planning on participating in National Poetry Month in April?

YEAH 30 POEMS IN 30 DAYS
20%
I'm going to try!
28%
Maybe I'll write one poem.
19%
What's NaPo?
5%
What's poetry?
7%
No.
21%

Total votes : 143

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:37 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Every year members of Young Writers Society participate in National Poetry Month during the month of April. The traditional goal is to write one poem every day of April for 30 poems total by the end of the month, though you don't have to be going for this goal in order to participate. There are often poetry-jams, workshops, and other poetry resources shared during the month to help support the poets.

Are you planning on participating? Is this your first time or have you completed it for many years? How are you feeling about it?

Let us know your comments and questions in the comments below!

And keep watch of the NaPoWriMo Forum for the latest information. :)
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

522 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 522
Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:04 pm
View Likes
Lavvie says...

I am so excited for NaPo this year! I think the last time I participated was in 2015. This year is also especially important because it's the first year that I'm participating with 1) a vested interest in developing my poetry; and 2) as a JM on the Poetry Crew! I'm definitely looking forward to helping run some events and building up excitement around the site.

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:14 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I'm definitely doing NaPo this year, but the temptation to reply to with "What's poetry?" was very, very high! :P
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

235 Reviews

Reviews: 235
Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:27 pm
View Likes
4revgreen says...

I'm definitely going to give it a go! I love poetry but really need to refine my skills in order to actually become good at it, so it'll be great practice :-)
“The sight of one's own heart is degrading; people are not meant to look inward--that's why they've been give bodies, to hide their souls.”

― Shirley Jackson, The Sundial

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:53 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

I wanna start out slowly, I'll probably do the Heart Halfway (I think that's what it's called??) one. Definitely giving it a go, though! =)
*insert quirky signature here*

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:04 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

I've never written a poem before (by choice), so I don't know if I'll be writing any poems. I'll be in the write-ins and such though!

415 Reviews

Reviews: 415
Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:49 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

I am absolutely participating in NaPo this year! I’ve successfully completed NaPo for two years in a row, but this year I would really like to improve on the more nitty-gritty stuff, such as editing, and being able to make everything more precise. I also need a theme - or maybe I don’t, but I’d like to think of a good thread between these poems of 2020. I am very excited though! And good luck to everyone participating! ^^
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:01 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

I've done NaPo every year since 2013, with varying degrees of success. I'm excited but also feel like this has to be good because it's gonna be the last NaPo of my 20's. Though with starting a new job and everything I don't know how much time I'll have to write.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

386 Reviews

Reviews: 386
Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:06 am
View Likes
Dossereana says...

I'm afraid to say that I can't join this month to busy, I'm struggling to write a hole poem in a week let alone a day at the moment. :( I'll try to join it some other time I hope everyone else has fun. :smt023
Oh you just have to wait, and peace will come to you!

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:29 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Just 15 days until NaPo & the NaPo Information Center is up for you to check out if you're still not sure what NaPo is!

(also whoever clicked "what's poetry" feel free to send me a PM we'll help ya out!) ;)
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:37 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

It's been too long since I poeted! I'm excited!
always daydreaming, always clumsy

1487 Reviews

Reviews: 1487
Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:14 am
View Likes
IcyFlame says...

Totally not my thing, but I hope to improve on my poetry reviewing with all the new poems that will fly onto YWS ;)

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:30 am
View Likes
KaiTheGreater says...

I feel like my writing skills have really improved in the past couple of years, so I'm pretty optimistic that this time around I won't completely embarrass myself.
Formerly DragonLily and RoseAndThorn

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:31 am
View Likes
ChrisCalaid says...

Totally, I love peoms! I'm going to try, but I don't know if there going to be time for it.( Since I have lots of test soon) But maybe I'll be able to review some. I can't wait!

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:40 am
MadagascarMaiden says...

um, one question. do i have to post these poems with points i earn by reviewing? because i'm not a very good editor. so i don't get points very quickly. or is there like a special place we publish them to? if i don't need pts to hand in poems count me in!
Madagascar Maiden

Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.
— Charles Mingus