z

Young Writers Society

Will You Be Participating in NaNoWriMo 2018?

Will You Be Participating in NaNoWriMo 2018?

Yes I will be!
30%
Not this time.
70%

Total votes : 122

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:55 am
Iggy says...

If yes, feel free to tell us what your novel idea is! If not, then feel free to share why. :)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:18 am
View Likes
EternalRain says...

I wish I could. :( I've participated for the last three years and had quite a lot of fun doing it (though it's a struggle sometimes haha). I just am out of time this year, though. I have so much I'm doing and I'm trying to balance my mental health with school and all this additional stress.

I've been significantly less motivated to write recently, though, so maybe instead of 50k I may aim for a smaller goal to get me to write something and get in the writing ZONE but without committing a lot of time out of my day to write a lot.
“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:48 pm
Oxara says...

This will be my first proper attempt (I kinda did it a few mouths ago but then LMS hit and I didn't have a plan for doing both so I did LMS and only did 5-10k. But now I have a plan and am going try, though I would not be surprised if I fail. But if I do succeed I will be blown away and happy! Away good luck to us all! (also I don't know if I am doing a sc-fi{something I have never done but I have always wanted to do} or my normal fantasy)

386 Reviews

Reviews: 386
Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:03 pm
Dossereana says...

I wish that I could but I am moving soon and a concert to and the move is a big move, so I will not have any internet at all. I am doing my concert some time next month then I will be moving strait after. I really wish that I could participate but I cannot. I am a bit stressed right now with the moving as well.
Oh you just have to wait, and peace will come to you!

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:10 pm
Holiday30 says...

can I ask what NaNoWriMo is? I never heard of it.

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:56 am
EternalRain says...

@Holiday30 Basically, the "original" version is writing 50,000 words throughout the month of November (as November is National Novel Writing Month, hence the name NaNoWriMo). This equates to about 1,667 words a day and can be really good for getting a first draft out on paper. Though a lot of people don't like it because of its super fast pace.

A lot of people also just create a personal goal (reforming it to 20,000, or maybe just writing every day) if they don't have the time to participate, as writing 1667 words a day can be a lot!

There's also an official site where you can create an account and track your progress if you're interested.
“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:41 am
Cyvain87 says...

I hadn't ever heard of NaNoWriMo before myself and it definitely sounds like an awesome thing but I won't be participating this month for a number of reasons. Firstly I'm already 7 days late, secondly im not in the best frame of mind to be trying such a challenge. However next year I would definitely love to give it a go. Would i have to join the site though to participate or is that just as an optional?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

32 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 32
Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:15 pm
Ary says...

No. Not because I don't want to write, but I am currently focused on passing the semester and getting my health in check. Mentally speaking, and physical until I get my last results. Despite not participating in NaNoWriMo I can say I am proud of myself. For this year, I've properly written some oneshots. Proving me not just space for improvement, but that I can easily reach 7k in a day if I'm properly inspired or motivated. :D
"I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?"
- John Lennon

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:25 pm
ThatOneGuy2002 says...

Yo, id live to participate, but what is it?

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:08 am
View Likes
Hattable says...

@ThatOneGuy2002 NaNoWriMo (or National Novel Writing Month) is an event held each November where participants try to write a full-length novel (50,000 words) in the month of November. Seeing as you just heard of it, it might be best to wait for next year? 'Cause the event is more than half over, haha. But you could totally try and blaze through 50k words in 11 days!

I believe many people also use NaNo as motivation for whatever non-50k word goals they have for themselves, which is just as fun, so you could also try that!

Here's the official site if you'd like more information: https://nanowrimo.org/
"I remember I posted Klingon and it made the mods super hard" -Willard

Prok once said something about Nate and apple pie. I forget the context.

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:34 am
ThatOneGuy2002 says...

@Hattable Ah, I see. I suppose the novel I am currently writing is a tad bit short of the 50k mark. Thanks for the info :3

Too often we crave the extraordinary in life, without even learning how to cherish the ordinary first. Friend, I promise you this: if you can learn to take joy in the simple mundane things in life, the extraordinary will take care of itself, it'll be on its way, hurrying towards you. But if you skip the first part, it'll ever evade you.
— Arcticus