4%
It really depends on what's handy!
29%

Total votes : 191

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:59 pm
SilloriaD says...

I used to be almost religious about my ideas and stories hitting paper first. If it's typed in a word processor, then I can get caught up in typos and grammatical issues. If it's in Word, I try to fix everything as I write it. However, I do still write with pencil instead of pen. I personally like the feel of the pencil in hand more than a pen. I'm not as religious about it these days, but my preference continues to be pencil to paper. Call it old fashioned if you want! I love it :P :wink:

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:00 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

I can type as fast as I can think, but I can't write on paper nearly as fast, it feels so slow by comparison. Word processors ftw
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:06 pm
View Likes
Danni88 says...

I also like writing with pen/pencil and paper but my most important stories go on my laptop
Mmm, teatime. I fancy reviews and chips.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx

Queen Danni of Awesomeland x

508 Reviews

Reviews: 508
Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:00 pm
View Likes
dragonfphoenix says...

For actually writing, I prefer using my computer bc it makes revising and sharing (and spellchecking and organizing and formatting and blah blah blah), but I prefer notetaking, sketching images or the briefest snippets of scenes and lines, and outlining by hand. Makes it feel more real, and I remember things better. Physical connection you can't get through a keyboard
D.F.P., Knight Dragon

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:12 pm
View Likes
ongoeslife says...

I prefer pen and paper. Because I can't erase it, I take the time to think about what I want to write. I get distracted on the computer way too easily. I love seeing a page full of crisp writing. I think it's incredible that by holding a device and moving it in patterns, I can create words that help me communicate with others. I can make them feel what I want them to just by the movements of my hand. Have you ever watched an individual letter being written? The ink flowing from the pen makes a symbol that we have given meaning to that otherwise would just be a doodle.

476 Reviews

Reviews: 476
Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:26 pm
View Likes
Apricity says...

I think it actually varies a lot with me. Because I never have the time or patience really, to sit down for a long stretch of time and finish anything. I usually write on my phone for poetry because I poet during commute. Lately, I've taken a liking to planning and writing using paper and pen so I've been doing that. And then what usually happens is that I either finish the entire story on the notebook and type it up. Or.

I abandon it and just write the whole thing on docs instead. But, writing on paper always feel more satisfying in a way.
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:00 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

@ongoeslife --> I think your response is my favorite so far. The philosophy of marking symbols that are given value in a society and culture is a wonderful reflection, and that we make these symbols by handstrokes is a testament to the wonderful powers humans have. Your answer just made me happy.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:21 pm
ongoeslife says...

@Lumi --> I was hoping I wasn't sounding like a rambling idiot and that someone else would understand my fascination with it. ;p

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:59 pm
NicoleBri says...

I don't normally post comments on these but it definitely depends on what I have at the time I want to write. I really love a computer to type on because it is quicker in my opinion but I will go old fashion. :)
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

We are discreet sheep; we wait to see how the drove is going, and then go with the drove.
— Mark Twain