29%

Total votes : 191

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:50 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

Like it says on the tin, how do you prefer to write? Let's talk about that.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

91 Reviews

Reviews: 91
Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:53 pm
View Likes
Kazumi says...

Pen and paper is the go-to for me whenever I begin a work. Pencils have this friction to them that makes it tiring to write with over extended periods of time, and I only use computers during revisions of drafts.

I type so fast that I don't give myself time to think about what words are best written next. Then at the end of the expenditure of that burst of ideas, I suddenly stop for a really long while to rack my brains again for what words I should write again.

Writing by hand forces me to take it slow to think along the way, so the thoughts tend to come in more consistently, like a stream. It feels more productive and way less frustrating than getting stopped by a mental block every two minutes.

Plus, it's low-key and it's available everywhere. That gives me the ability to secretly sideline with my essays during classes lol
top kek

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:28 pm
View Likes
CocoaCat says...

I write rough drafts first with pen and paper, then type the final draft

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:28 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

Well first off, I get out my handy summoning kit, because there's no way I'm going to get any work done without the devil.
Then I make sure I have enough Coca-Cola and cornbread, because you (@Lumi) being from the south, must understand why these are essentials to writing.
After that I spend about 48 straight hours on the computer writing three chapters, call it a good days' work, and go back to my normal life.
This whole process starts at sundown Friday and I manage to go to church somewhere in between.

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:42 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

Well, I definitely prefer to write on the computer because I can easily insert sentences or delete them or move words around. But if I'm away from it, I don't mind writing by hand--after all, it's the way I wrote when I started out.
always daydreaming, always clumsy

1081 Reviews

Reviews: 1081
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:11 pm
View Likes
Virgil says...

My laptop for sure. My handwriting is slow and nearly illegible and I'm much faster typing--at times my typing speed exceeds how fast I process words which I like because that means I can go at the pace I'm most comfortable with.

Will Review For Food - Always taking review requests!

Discuss the last piece of media you consumed in Media Reviews!

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:22 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Personally, I prefer to mix and match! My drafts and all will be written up on my computer, but all of my notes for anything (other than permanotes for storybooks that everyone needs) go hand-written and illegible to anyone but me, like the great ciphers of elder black magic.

There's just something nice about pen and paper that takes me back to writing poetry and drawing character sketches in my school notes. But I will confess, I have that Dude Handwriting that's all-italicized, all-small caps, and really quickly handled.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:27 pm
View Likes
Holysocks says...

I write on my laptop for the most part these days! I used to write with pen/pencil(s) in notebooks but was beginning to find it a pain to type it all up once I was done (felt like a waste of time) so I switched to simply typing everything at the beginning. Though sometimes I also write on my phone because sometimes it's easier in that it feels less daunting to me, and also I can do it just about anywhere and still just have to email it to myself.
100% autistic

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:47 pm
View Likes
Mea says...

I pretty much exclusively write on my laptop. When I go for a walk (which does wonders for my inspiration) I'll bring a small notebook and a pen to write down ideas, but other than that, I'm a typer through and through.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:47 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

If I have a choice, it'll always be a computer, but if I don't have access to one, I'll sometimes write in a notebook but then I always transfer it over as soon as I get the chance. The one thing I can never write on is my phone.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

276 Reviews

Reviews: 276
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:49 pm
View Likes
rosette says...

I used to write with pencil (you can't erase with a pen) and paper, but then I got a laptop, and my life completely changed.

However. If I don't have my laptop around and a sudden desire to write consumes me... I bring out my phone and type away on my Memo app. :P
On earth I long to be like Him

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:57 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

I usually just write with whatever is presented before me. It can be pencil, pen, I did attempt to write in clay once for a class, post-it note, and on a laptop.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:18 pm
View Likes
lemonboi says...

I said whatever's handy, because an idea will just slap me in the face and i don't have my laptop, so i'll write it, or i don't have my notebook so i'll draw or doodle it, or i don't have my sketch book so i'll fantasize it... well, you get it. :smt003

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:03 am
View Likes
BluesClues says...

I mean, I mostly write on my laptop, but I really do prefer to write on paper, with a pen. I love the feeling of a journal and a pen in my hand, plus there's something about a blank piece of paper that hits me in a way a blank computer screen doesn't.

Plus there's the fact that a journal gives me more of a sense of accomplishment even if I cross a bunch out. Like on the computer when I delete stuff I'm actually deleting it, so at the end of a writing session I might have a paragraph even if I wrote thousands of words. Whereas with a journal, if I delete a bunch I'm scratching it out, so there's evidence of all the work I did when I'm done.

155 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 155
Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:03 am
Arcticus says...

Mostly on my phone. Sometimes on my computer. If these ain't around, then paper. I've written on napkins, post-its, my palm. If nothing's around I just write in my head.
You either worship something higher than yourself or end up worshiping yourself

Naturally Tipsy ©

Have a biscuit, Potter.
— Professor McGonagall