0%
Other (explain below!)
8%

Total votes : 310

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:37 pm
TheShauzer says...

Holysocks wrote:I chose "other" because I review for multiple reasons. It really improves my writing, it's fun, I like to think I'm helping people- stars are pretty, as well!

I really wish I'd picked 'other' now, damn!
Sometimes life throws lemons at you. Other times it throws rocks... Be grateful for the lemons!

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:06 am
View Likes
Poopsie says...

i dont review.

But I like polls :^)
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:19 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

I do it for points for the most part, but I chose other because I'll also do it during Review Day when I get super competitive and I'm reviewing only to win XD
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:15 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

Staaaars. I like shiny stars.

I also like helping other people and let's be honest, maxing out the stars is a pipe dream (unless you're @Snoink) and what keeps me going in the big gap between star number 4 and star number 5 is the people who thank me for reviewing their work and those wonderful moments when you find something on YWS and think this could be published one day - it's that good - and I want to help it get there.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

284 Reviews

Reviews: 284
Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:52 pm
View Likes
RubyRed says...

I'm picking "other" because I feel like I do it for all of those reasons. So... Lol! :D
You can't blame the writer for what the characters say.
— Truman Capote

Review link below!
Ruby's Reviews

Knight of the Green Room

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:40 am
Brigadier says...

I'd say other because I can cross out like 5 or 6 of those right now.
I don't really write much any more, save for napo and the occasional short I'll put in the green room. At this point it's mostly for stars (precioussssssss) and to sort of help other people. I like to think that my critiques are helpful. The people I send reviews to say they're helpful. It there's still doubt rolling around in my mind.
So basically other, which includes: for stars, help others with writing and it's RD.

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

305 Reviews

Reviews: 305
Mon May 01, 2017 1:17 pm
View Likes
speakerskat says...

Honestly, it's to help people. It makes me better at giving writing advice because sometimes I suggest something and they point out that I'm wrong.
Other times it's just good advice.

Stars are great and I wish I had more but I just don't have the time. Points? I have thousands of points and haven't needed to review for points in years because I make sure my reviews are helpful and typically that means they will be long.
Salt in the air, blood in my veins, no more black clouds, just colorful days...

760 Reviews

Reviews: 760
Thu May 04, 2017 10:37 pm
View Likes
ExOmelas says...

Last night I realised my reason for this:

Helping people right is obviously the reason for reviews to exist, but, as much as I wish this weren't the case, it doesn't give me motivation by itself. I put down stars because I have so many points it's going to be a long time before I need points in order to post again.

Then the other day I was helping out with the KotGR After Watch, and it was really cool to feel like I was part of something. And I think that's it, I think I like feeling part of something.

This site wouldn't exist without reviews; they're what makes it different from other writing sites like Wattpad where it's just faint praise for fanfiction you like imagining the scenarios of. I like being part of this community that actually wants to help people get better. So while I don't necessarily do a review to help that individual writer to get better, I see that as the goal of the site. I do it as my bit to give back to the site after it has given so much to me.

Not even sorry that's so soppy.

What fools these mortals be!
William Shakespeare
A Midsummer Night's Dream

Who cares if one more light goes out?
Well I do.

Linkin Park
One More Light

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Mon May 08, 2017 1:52 am
ChieTheWriter says...

Mostly points but I like to help people. Bad grammar KILLS ME so yes I must fix it.... Also the more reviews you have the more people actually think you know what you're talking about. >.>
"Nobody has an easy time in this world. Either you climb out of the muck and become a human being, or you die." - Josh Randall, Wanted: Dead or Alive

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Tue May 09, 2017 1:53 am
Midnightmoon says...

I chose other because it's a mix.
I review to get stars and points, and yes, to try to help others with their writing. I don't know if it works, but I try. :)

144 Reviews

Reviews: 144
Thu May 11, 2017 12:06 am
View Likes
GoldenQuill says...

I love that the highest is to help people with their writing. This community is so pure and wholesome. I love you guys.
formerly ZlyWilk

Finally achieving my dreams. Dive into a unique horror story.

Random avatar

Reviews: 223
Tue May 16, 2017 12:11 am
Mathy says...

For some stories I actually try to help the writer if it is ENGULFED or another story I follow, but for mainly poetry, I write a detailed 1000+ character review to get stars before my friends do...
ZeldaIsSheik

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Wed May 17, 2017 3:46 am
jimss23 says...

Because I get a little bit a bizarre enjoyment from sticking my opinions where they don't belong, this response being exhibit A.

Seriously though, I enjoy writing these things. I get to try to be funny (Ostensibly) and try to, in some small and possibly annoying way, get to help people out.

Do I do it for myself a little? Yea, probably. I like getting the responses knowing that I helped in some way. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.
This is the Rule of Three
Every writer's most sacred oath
Two boys to challenge each other
One girl to challenge them both

-Jim

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Sun May 28, 2017 3:20 am
View Likes
Edelweiss says...

Other:

Like what most said for multiple reasons, when I do review it's in the intention of helping someone, to help myself in the process and to maybe get a review in return. Honestly I don't really care about stars, most of the time that is.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

Benjamin Franklin

You can't blame the writer for what the characters say.
— Truman Capote