z

Young Writers Society

Do you like reading more than one book at once?

Do you like reading more than one book at once?

No; I prefer to focus on one book and only start a new one when I finish the old one
37%
Yes; I've got one book for the bag, one for the nightstand...
29%
It varies
34%

Total votes : 530

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:10 pm
View Likes
Sins says...

I can barely remember what I did ten seconds ago, let alone read two books at once. C'mon guys, let's be real here, I mean--

Wait, what was the question again?
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

Reviews: 0
Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:37 pm
View Likes
FanfarLordOfFlame says...

FANFAR'S ABILITY TO DIGEST MORTAL LANGUAGE HAS NO BOUNDS.

Random avatar

Reviews: 25
Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:07 pm
View Likes
hunith says...

reading multiple books certainly is a cool thing for me. i didn't do that when i was a young reader, but as i grew, my mentation allowed all sort of awesome stuff. now i can read like four books at the go. thats just me by the way. ;)

231 Reviews

Reviews: 231
Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:31 pm
View Likes
dogsrule5 says...

The problem with me is that when I do happen to read two or more books at once I mix them up. Let's say someone broke his/her leg in one of my books, well I would probably mix that up with another book where someone's mom was very mean and evil. By the way those were just examples, not real books.

-Dogs <3

522 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 522
Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:24 am
Lavvie says...

I used to read multiple books at a time, but that was when I actually had a lot of time to do that. Now, I have more real-life responsibilities so sometimes I go without reading at all on some days, which sucks, but that's life. Because of that, I read a book a day which is a slower process, particularly if I'm not reading a good book and I can see the next book on my table which probably is much better.

I'm currently reading Tuscan Rose by Belinda Alexandra. It was a gift of "light, brainless reading" from my mother, and it's really awful. 0/10 would not recommend.

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:33 pm
View Likes
Lightsong says...

I swing many ways. ;)
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:04 pm
dtaylor417 says...

I am like this all the time. If you were to check my dresser, you would see more than one book on my table and they would each have a bookmark in different spots because one minute I am in the mood for one, then 5 minutes later I want to read another.
"Friends come and go like the waves of the ocean, but the true ones stay like an octopus on your face!"

Courage is not the absence of fear but the strength to conquer it!

1007 Reviews

Reviews: 1007
Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:28 pm
View Likes
TimmyJake says...

I'm currently not reading six books. :P
Used to be tIMMYjAKE

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:21 am
ThereseCricket says...

It usually varies, but right now I'm reading about seven books...
In Truth Unity,
In Doubt Liberty,
In all things Charity.

377 Reviews

Reviews: 377
Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:24 am
seeminglymeaningless says...

One book. The story deserves devotion.
I have an approximate knowledge of many things.

Reviews: 0
Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:45 am
clarino910 says...

It varies for me. As much as I like to only read one book at a time, sometimes if I am bored with one book (but, of course, am determined to finish it because I am stubborn and always need to know how things end even if I do not enjoy the journey), but still want to keep reading, so I pick up another one. Sometimes I read them both quite religiously until I finish them both around the same time and then devote myself to only one new book afterwards.
~clarino910

476 Reviews

Reviews: 476
Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:53 pm
Apricity says...

One book only, otherwise I feel cheated and guilty because I'm not devoting my entire focus and attention to that one book. Especially if it's a book I really love.
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

Reviews: 4
Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:19 am
katiekat14 says...

Yes! I feel like if I read a single book for too long unless it's all in one session I really get bored of it. (so like I hate dragging on a book for 2 weeks but love finishing one in one few hour sitting) Currently reading one book, but I just started it today and I've been in a reading slump unfortunately :( Fortunately, this one book is getting me out of it :)
~ Katie

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:19 am
BlueLitMoon says...

I prefer to read one book at a time; especially considering the fact that I have ADHD. Sometimes it can be hard for me to decide which book I want to read first. :-?
“...Despite the mayhem that followed, Bruno found that he was still holding Shmuel's hand in his own and nothing in the world would have persuaded him to let go.”

― John Boyne, The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

Random avatar

Reviews: 139
Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:36 pm
deleted21 says...

I absolutely enjoy that! xD

I have different books selected for different times of the day. Currently I'm reading an autobiography, a detective novel, a book of poetry, a psychological thesis, a self improvement book and another one from the DOWK series!!

Phew! :")

There is a difference between being poor and being broke: broke is temporary; poor is eternal.
— Robert Kiyosaki