z

Young Writers Society

Do you like reading more than one book at once?

Do you like reading more than one book at once?

No; I prefer to focus on one book and only start a new one when I finish the old one
37%
Yes; I've got one book for the bag, one for the nightstand...
29%
It varies
34%

Total votes : 530

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:07 am
View Likes
Demeter says...

I feel like I go through phases with this. For a while I've got a one-book-at-a-time policy, but I've certainly been known to have several books in the works at once! What do you prefer?

Oh, and I'm referring to novels/other stuff you read for entertainment, not for study or work!
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:50 am
View Likes
PenguinAttack says...

I'm usually a one-book-at-a-time also, but sometimes when a book isn't keeping my attention enough or I am introduced to a book that is short and quick, then I may read another book first/while reading the other.

I don't skip between the two though, I'm not a chapter here, chapter there kind of person.
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

359 Reviews

Reviews: 359
Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:51 am
View Likes
steampowered says...

-coughs- I'm currently reading both Terry Pratchett's Going Postal and George RR Martin's A Feast For Crows. I didn't actually mean to read both at the same time, but they're books I've been wanting to read for a while and they're library books, so I don't have an eternal monopoly on them. Also as soon as I take them back, I'll probably never see them in there again.

It's quite nice to be reading two novels at the same time, because if I'm not in the mood to read something dark and complex like Martin's, I'm usually in the mood for lighter reading like Pratchett's. My mood is very changeable. :)
Live well. Learn lots. Question everything.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:03 pm
Mageheart says...

The problem with me is that I'm usually in the middle of reading several books - and at least one of them is one that I've borrowed. Right now, I'm reading two books: The Silver Eyes by Scott Cawthon, and The Summer Knight by Jim Butcher, which is the fourth book in the Dresden Files.
Of course I borrowed both of them, and I have book five of the Dresden Files waiting on my desk - also borrowed.
I borrowed both of them ages ago. I feel so guilty about not giving them back yet! But both are wonderful books.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:42 pm
View Likes
micamouth says...

I'm currently reading The Book Thief by Markus Zusak and re-reading Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman. I usually don't do this but meh, I like reading and need to read more xD
formerly Sagitta

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:03 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

One book at a time or I forget everything lol
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

1634 Reviews

Reviews: 1634
Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:35 pm
View Likes
Deanie says...

I answered the poll and all the results are equally at 14.

*proudly holds up the 5 books she is reading at the moment*
Trust in God and all else follows.

Deanie, dominating the world since it was cool @Pompadour, 2014
Your username reminds me of a hotdog @Stegosaurus, 2015
Tried to make puns out of your username, but every attempt has been Deanied @Candywizard, 2015

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:46 pm
EternalRain says...

Hahah, I read AT LEAST 3 books at a time. I've been doing it ever since I was little, and not once mixed up a plot. I don't forget anything either.
“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:56 pm
View Likes
Mea says...

I generally only read one book at a time, though sometimes I read several at once.

I've never had a problem mixing up the plot, either, except once. I was reading The Lightning Thief (for school) and The Son of Neptune (because I wanted to) at the same time, and that really screwed with my head. :P
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:55 am
View Likes
Holysocks says...

Do I like it? No. Have I lost track of how many books I own that have bookmarks in the middle? Yes.
100% autistic

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:27 am
Pretzelstick says...

Rule of thumb: Only ever one week at a time. ^^
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:34 pm
Evander says...

So, I'm currently reading Fahrenheit 451 (and have been for a few years. It got lost in one of my backpacks and I couldn't find it until recently), A World Without Princes, The Woman Who Rides Like a Man, A Madness So Discreet, and a few others I'm most definitely forgetting.

Yeah, I might have a bit of a problem.
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:50 pm
Chrysalia says...

If it's like a spiritual autobiography on one hand and a novel on the other maybe, but in general I feel like a lover going from person to person if I have too much books on my hands. I end up being away from one book for too long and when I come back our friendship is musty and I forget important things and all. It's hard, cause I have so many books on my list, everything from Death Note to War and Peace to the Name of the Wind to Nausicaa:Valley of the Wind.

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:00 am
WritingWolf says...

I've tried reading multiple books at the same time, but it never works out. Usually I end up reading whichever is most interesting and forgetting about the others.

When I was younger my family listened to audio books in the car all the time. When we did that it was really easy for me to listen to the one boo and read another (because if one was more interesting than the other it didn't matter because I can only read one of them at any given time). We've kind of stopped though, so, yeah. I actually miss it a lot. It's kind of nice to hear how the different narrators sound. It adds a new element to reading.
~You can only grasp what you reach for~

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:05 pm
View Likes
AutoPilot says...

I used to only read on book at a time so I didn't get details mixed up, but now my memory is much better and I read a couple at a time... The one during the day, the one that I read all night long, the one that I read when I have a couple minutes to spare.. There has been a couple times when I've been reading two books at once and when I switch from one to the other I'm like, "I don't remember there being a battle right here." or, "Who is this person? They don't belong in this-oh right, wrong book."
I create because I feel the need to make up for everything I've destroyed

A thing of beauty is a joy forever; its loveliness increases...
— John Keats