19%

Total votes : 393

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:08 pm
View Likes
Demeter says...

The change of the year is nigh! What's the traditional way for you to celebrate New Year's? Here, people do fireworks, either firing them or just walking around and looking at the different displays.

I've usually done something with friends, but this year we decided to stay home with the boyfriend and go for a walk near where we live to see if we can spot any fireworks. Last time we went into the city and there were like 20,000 people there so it wasn't that enjoyable. But we'll cook something nice and have some sparkling wine instead!

What are your plans?
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:54 pm
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

I do not know what my future holds for me yet. My family will obviously wish for me to be with them as we enter a new year, but personally I would prefer being alone somewhere where I can be at peace, or with people around who I can be my true self.
I would also like to spend it with the girl of my dreams and/or a few close friends, so I really have no idea what my plans are for the last day of this year ;-)
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

Random avatar

Reviews: 139
Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:54 pm
deleted21 says...

I think I'll just be excited for uni and reading a Harper Lee book! ;) I don't know if mum's gonna do baking (Last year she did a mess!) and I really don't want her getting stressed for silly reasons. So yeah, and yesh! Fireworks! I'll look forward to that! Yes! Thanks for the reminder! Totally forgot! >_<

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:56 pm
KaiTheGreater says...

Prolly be home wit the fams. But I'll be pushing for going with my mother to spend time with a lonely friend. Bearing cookies and tea, of course!

Hope everyone has fun! :)
Formerly DragonLily and RoseAndThorn

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:19 pm
View Likes
Mea says...

I will probably read in bed until midnight with my sister after everyone else has gone to sleep. At 11:59, we'll quietly count down, spend a moment being amazed that it's 2016 already, and then go to sleep. xD
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:44 am
View Likes
hyperview says...

My dad's birthday is on the 31st, so I'll be spending it with him and my family. c: My mom usually goes hardcore in the kitchen on this day, so I'd say it's a time well spent going into the new year (really, eating is always a time well spent, no matter what).
Be careful, you are not in wonderland.

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:37 am
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

Chances are I'll be asleep because I'm a boring person, but if not it'll be much like @Meandbooks' plans, but just me. I'll do something some year, I swear.
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

1007 Reviews

Reviews: 1007
Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:03 am
View Likes
TimmyJake says...

I'll sleep my way into 2016, and probably not realize it's the new year until noon. :p
Used to be tIMMYjAKE

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:22 pm
View Likes
Songmorning says...

What if it's with family AND friends? :) (I picked "with family", though.)

My family always spends the New Year throwing a house party for anyone from our church who wants to come (and anyone else, for that matter--but usually just church folks show up). And as for me, I get to spend the day making popcorn balls and Chex mix and cider and all that good stuff. ^_^
"...is there a being in the whole world who would have the right to forgive and could forgive? But there is a Being and He can forgive everything, all and for all, because He gave His innocent blood for all and everything." ~Dostoyevsky

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:11 pm
Deskro says...

Gonna go hit the town and get tuuuurnt. Gonna be a good night :P

...if i can remember it...

Happy New Year peeps

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:12 pm
View Likes
Vervain says...

I usually bring the New Year in with family, even if it's a little more like being alone. I don't know if my mom is working this year or not, but my grandfather isn't a big one for festivities, and my mom never gets really involved, either. It's usually just me and my sis, and she won't be home for New Year's this year.

All the same, even if I'm alone, I'm going to get a big package of fountain fireworks so I can set them off on my own. I love fireworks.
stay off the faerie paths

417 Reviews

Reviews: 417
Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:25 pm
View Likes
Willard says...

18 cans of sparkling water, an okay sense of humor, and a reasonable amount of self esteem.

"Words say little to the mind compared to space thundering with images and crammed with sounds."

stranger, strangelove, drstrangelove, strange, willard

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:30 am
View Likes
r4p17 says...

I'll be watching football with family. :)
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

213 Reviews

Reviews: 213
Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:13 am
View Likes
dark says...

Meh, it'll just be another day for me. I'll still think it's 2015 well into February.
You're :arrow: pretty :arrow: good.
~Major (Later Revolver Shalashaska) Ocelot, 1964

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:34 pm
Sylar says...

I'm gonna be honest.
A SURPRISE PARTY

FOR ME

YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-6cunaBd7A)

There is nothing more radical or counter-cultural, at the moment, than laying down one’s cynicism in favour of tender vulnerability.
— John Green