z

Young Writers Society

Are you doing NaNoWriMo?

Are you doing NaNoWriMo?

Yes
30%
No
44%
Kind of (through some kind of personal goal)
25%

Total votes : 260

209 Reviews

Reviews: 209
Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:47 pm
artemis15sc says...

I've bought my usual supply of Apple cider. I'm all set.
Check out my newly published YA fantasy novel here!

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/SaraETall

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:46 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

I am doing Nano in my own way, but I wouldn't have time to do the full 50k (life and work wouldn't allow it) besides the fact that I don't want to start working on a new novel before I finish my current one.

I was in a really burned-out writing rut this year and when I did Camp Nano in July, it really helped me get back into it and get some of my flow back. I had a daily goal of 500 words (nothing too big or too stressful) but a consistently bypassed that and by the end of Camp Nano, I had over doubled my word count, which made me really happy. I had said I was going to keep up my NaNo practices with a 500 word-a-day goal, but then I got a job and it all went out the window and I sort of fell back into a rut.

So, I am treating Novemeber NaNoWriMo the same way and giving myself a 500 word-a-day goal with the overall goal of finishing my novel. I don't think I have anymore than 20k to go and 500 words-a-day would equal 15k. So, that's my goal for the month! 500 daily words and finally finishing my novel. I'm kind of excited at the prospect of getting back into this, slow and steady with the possibility of actually finishing. Lets go, NaNo!
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:21 pm
View Likes
EnderFlash says...

I''m doing Youth Nanowrimo, and my goal's set to 30k!

Oooh boy, my Thanksgiving Break is going to be filled up with trying to balance Nanowrimo and LMS .u.

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:31 am
Bunny234 says...

Yes!
I will be writing.! It will be indeed tough, but that's what makes me going! I will hopefully complete it.
50k on my way! :mrgreen:

285 Reviews

Reviews: 285
Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:04 pm
GreenTulip says...

I would do it, if I ever had the time. Dreadful college/work life leaves me with barely any time. (Even as I type this, I should be working on English paper. Oops...)
Life works in funny ways sometimes. Some get hurt, others go through without a single bruise. I could tell so many stories of how I got each scar that is scattered across my flesh.

760 Reviews

Reviews: 760
Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:25 pm
ExOmelas says...

I'm still going back and forth on whether I want to. I usually finish a bit early so I've probably still got a couple of days to decide. Considering some sort of teenage dystopian Romeo and Juliet parody...

What fools these mortals be!
William Shakespeare
A Midsummer Night's Dream

Who cares if one more light goes out?
Well I do.

Linkin Park
One More Light

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:27 am
BluesClues says...

My personal goal is getting this draft of Book Man done, considering I've already missed like three personal deadlines. But I'm always way more motivated to write during NaNoWriMo, so I think I can actually get this one. Hopefully.

233 Reviews

Reviews: 233
Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:44 pm
Cithara says...

Yep! Feeling pretty good about it so far, little bit behind, but not bad for my first year :)
Pax in Christo

"My heart is racing even as I write,
but I plan to go on as bravely as a heroine in a
novel."~The Hired Girl

I used to be Thewriter13

We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.
— Ernest Hemingway