20%

Total votes : 54

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:07 pm
Rydia says...

Two votes each so choose wisely!

And why not tell us more? What is it about your favourite series which really makes it stand out? The characters or the plot or just the way you can connect with the world?
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:18 pm
View Likes
Tenyo says...

When I read 'Avengers' I thought, are we talking about the one with Hulk or the one with Perdi, and then realised I may have been born in the wrong generation.
We were born to be amazing.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:22 pm
Rydia says...

I was thinking the one with Hulk buuuuut good point xD
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:24 pm
View Likes
Vervain says...

This poll may have killed me a little inside.

I love X-Men, Avatar, and Teen Titans—but I've loved X-Men and Avatar longer, so I voted for those two. And honestly, with all three of those, I connected to them really well because I could relate to the characters and the struggles they were going through in some way.

X-Men was really cool because it deconstructed stigma, in a way, and explored the concepts of that in relation to a people who don't exist in our world—it related the concepts of discrimination to fully-fleshed-out characters, good and evil and anywhere in-between, and that's awesome. (And then the movies came along... xD)

Avatar: The Last Airbender is cool in a different way, but still the same, kind of. It's really good at showing that people have reasons for doing things, and that even "evil" people have their reasons and their motivations. I really loved that I could understand the antagonists as well as the protagonists, and that I could relate to them, too. In addition, a lot of the problems that the main characters faced in A:TLA are problems that people—teenagers, kids, adults, everyone—face in everyday life, like running from the Fire Nation dealing with conflicted emotions, being torn between family and friends, and having to make difficult choices concerning your future.

(And yeah, I'm a Potterhead who didn't vote for Harry Potter. So sue me.)
stay off the faerie paths

232 Reviews

Reviews: 232
Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:13 pm
rainforest says...

Hunger Games all the way. <3
this account proudly supports lgbt rights

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:38 pm
Lightsong says...

X-Men and Harry Potter. X-Men's a cool plot, firm characters and overall an excellent action movie. Harry Potter is clever, has relatable characters and wonderful concepts. I also like Avatar but I can't take it as seriously as the previous two movies, and I've only watched the animation series, not the movie. Avenger's good too but it's not as good as X-Men and not as witty and funny as Harry Potter. I watched Teen Titan with a lesser seriousness than I Avatar. I haven't watched the rest of the movies/series mentioned.
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

Patience is the strength of the weak, impatience is the weakness of the strong.
— Immanuel Kant, Philosopher