42%

Total votes : 139

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:01 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

When I was fourteen, I started writing a serial novel for my internet friend, Kristen, about a homeless teenage guy, Felix, who fell in love with rich-boy Jason. The story circled around a drug ring and Jason's cliche attempt to save Felix from circumstances consuming him.

It was called What Saints Preserve Us, which I still like as a title.

Unfortunately, I lost the entire text on a computer my dad sold in a yard sale.

I may revisit it if I ever decide to whet my novel claws again. I'd have to line up some promised reviewers first, though. ;)
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:10 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

Yes, I've written two actually. I'm working on my YA fantasy/adventure trilogy in which I have completed the first two novels (The Fighter of Aldea and The Sorcerer of Aldea) and am about 40% finished with the third one. I think I started working on them when I was... Sixteen? And I'm eighteen now, so... yeah. A few years now. :D

I really, really hope to get it published someday. I might start looking into it in a year or two. And if publishing doesn't work out, I will definitely try to self-publish.
Last edited by Lefty on Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:54 pm
EnderFlash says...

I'm writing a novel right now (maybe two), but I don't plan to ever get it published. My writing isn't good enough to become an actual book, so I'm mainly doing this for fun and for the experience of writing a large book.

Random avatar

Reviews: 161
Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:48 pm
kayfortnight says...

One NaNo one finished but unedited and it's the first book in a trilogy, so I'm not doing anything remotely related to publishing it until I know I'll complete the rest of the series. About a billion WIP, and since the NaNo one is unedited, I suppose it counts as a WIP too.
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:55 pm
LittleFox says...

Trying to finish my novel while resisting the urge to keep starting more novels. I currently have about 5 others I have started but I'm making myself focus on one.
"What's 'taters, Precious?"

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:52 pm
Holysocks says...

I keep starting novels, figuring out something's wrong with them, and starting new ones. Like I normally have an alright concept, but then have no idea what I'm doing with the plot. It's slow going... But I think eventually I'm going to learn which way to go about it.
100% autistic

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:36 pm
View Likes
BellaRoma says...

I'm writing a novel called 'Imaginary Friends' (possibly a working title). It's going fairly well in the first draft.
Seriously need to sit down and push on with it, though XD I am the only thing preventing me from finishing it!
You cannot train yourself to notice,
To feel pain, and swallow fear

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:52 pm
RagingLive says...

Yay!!! Yes I did. I've been writing actual 'novels' since I was eleven and have since finished three. And started about two dozen. Or more.
I have this folder with little slips of paper with scribbled ideas and/or really rough chapters or prologues. I even have a couple ending for books I will probably never write.
I also have tons of word documents started with code names so my family doesn't snoop. XD

~RagingLive
'Cause your own story, is the safest place you'll ever be
~Echosmith

1007 Reviews

Reviews: 1007
Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:13 am
TimmyJake says...

I've somewhat finished a novel? I mean, I've gone through four drafts and countless revisions - and now doing the first revisions on the final draft. So I suppose I've finished writing one, but not the complete book yet. I wish!

And then there are the many incomplete....
Used to be tIMMYjAKE

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:21 pm
View Likes
Carlito says...

(When I say finished I mean I finished writing at least the first draft of the thing.)

I have many, many, many incompletes - most of which are laughable failures of my junior high/high school days.

Finished my first on July 1, 2011. I wrote five drafts of the thing. It's still horrible and will never see the light of day. (Horribly embarrassed that I tried to traditionally publish it....)

Finished my second on March 27, 2013. I wrote three (?) drafts and edited for at least a year and tried to traditionally publish. That went better than my first attempt. I'm proud of this one because it's an idea I had for a really long time, but I don't think it's meant to be published.

Finished my third on February 24, 2014. I've recently written a third draft and am still working on polishing/perfecting. I really, really want to traditionally publish this one

Finished my fourth on October 15, 2014. I'm currently writing the second draft. This is the sequel to the third. Hopefully it'll be traditionally published someday after the third :)

The third/fourth are my favorite. I love the cast and how they grow and all of the twists and turns and everything :)

I have the fifth in mind. I haven't started it, but I'm hoping to have it done by the end of the year!
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:21 pm
View Likes
passenger says...

Started: Around 10
Edited: 7
More than 3 chapters: 3
Not written when I was young and dumb: 1
Finished: 0

I have a short attention span.
"We accept the love we think we deserve." -Stephen Chbosky's Perks of Being a Wallflower

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:37 pm
Stormcrow says...

I am about to finish my first novel. Right now it is 125k words long, and 26 chapters. I have a couple chapters posted if you want to read em :D
Caleb Julius

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:42 pm
StellaThomas says...

I've three full first drafts, but nothing *finished* but I voted Yes.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

359 Reviews

Reviews: 359
Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:20 pm
steampowered says...

I'm not sure how to reply to this, because I wrote two short novels (around 50,000 words each) and wrote a 70,000 word draft of another story but gave that up. I feel like you don't really "finish" novels; you just eventually give up re-drafting and move onto something else... so yessss. :P
Live well. Learn lots. Question everything.

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:02 pm
kathryn says...

I've written three. They are all pretty short but that's mostly because I haven't gone back and done major editing yet. I just wrote two this summer with 12 chapters each and about 2-3000 words per chapter. My other one I wrote when I was in high school so like 5 years ago and I just did my first rewrite of it. They are all about 20-30000 words right now but I hope to make them a bit longer after getting enough helpful feedback.

*CLUCKING INTENSIFIES*
— Snoink