12%

Total votes : 364

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:09 am
View Likes
Demeter says...

Well, not sure if "review box" is the official way to say it, but you can blame @PenguinAttack for this. ;)

I usually write mine in Word first and then copy it onto the site, because that way I don't have to keep scrolling up to the work itself.

What about you?

P.S. Why don't you wander into greenroom.php while you're at it?
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:11 am
View Likes
EscaSkye says...

I usually open two tabs, both with the same link. One is for typing the review while the other is for scrolling through the work.
Not anymore.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:08 am
Snoink says...

I've done both, but usually I do it in the review box. The other document is only if I want to be really thorough.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:14 am
Vervain says...

I actually keep a document up for reviewing, because it's much easier for me to organize my thoughts when I'm not constantly scrolling up and down. Plus it's easier for me to see the length and formatting outside of the review box.
stay off the faerie paths

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:42 am
Auxiira says...

Never ever again will I write directly into the review box. I've lost reviews doing that. Also, what Ark said. It's a lot easier to see stuff that way.
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:11 pm
Rook says...

I share the computer at my house, so when it's not my turn any more, sometimes I copy some works into Word and stick it on a USB drive. Then I write the reviews using the laptop (that isn't connected to the internet), then USB drive transfer them back to the desktop. It's a complicated process. Usually I just review right in the text box. Most of the time, I'm reviewing poems that are short enough to not worry about scrolling up and down too much, but when I do find myself scrolling three miles for every typo, I get two tabs up, like Esca.
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:38 pm
View Likes
ThereseCricket says...

I review right into the review text box. I used to write into a word document, but then my computer shut down on me once, and I lost my beautiful review, sooo. I prefer the review box for now.
In Truth Unity,
In Doubt Liberty,
In all things Charity.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:45 pm
Iggy says...

EscaSkye wrote:I usually open two tabs, both with the same link. One is for typing the review while the other is for scrolling through the work.

Same :3
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:38 pm
Holysocks says...

I used to lose reviews all the time, so I started using a document... But now the review box saves my reviews so well that even when I come back months later, there's still the review in the box regardless of my submitting it.

So yeah. :-P
100% autistic

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:12 pm
niteowl says...

I typically type directly into the text box for shorter pieces, like poems.

During Review Day, I often find myself reading longer chapters, in which case I open a Word document. However, I find it really annoying that when I paste it into the review box, all the spacing between paragraphs disappears. >.<
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:34 pm
Vervain says...

Oh, the spacing problem -- I've been using WFP to get rid of that, because the formatting I do there generally sticks (beyond what I plug BBCode in for). Private pad, and I save it as blank (well, right now I have a "review this" reminder up) after a spree of reviews so I don't end up reading them again.
stay off the faerie paths

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:57 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Two tabs, Esca style.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

532 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 532
Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:40 pm
View Likes
GeeLyria says...

I used to write on a word processor, but now YWS saves what you write instantly, so... HAVE NO FEAR! lol.
Noob is a state of being, not a length of time. ~Ego

"Serás del tamaño de tus pensamientos; no te permitas fracasar."

253 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 253
Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:21 am
View Likes
RacheDrache says...

Snoink wrote:I've done both, but usually I do it in the review box. The other document is only if I want to be really thorough.

When writers get dirty.
I don't fangirl. I fandragon.

Have you thanked a teacher lately? You should. Their bladder control alone is legend.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:56 am
Inspiredravens says...

I feel like there was an option "c" here: write it in google drive or microsoft word and copy and paste in...
~Jeremiah 29:11~

Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto (I am a man, I don't consider anything human foreign to me)
— Terence