Other
9%

Total votes : 237

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:59 pm
View Likes
Duskglimmer says...

Because it's something I'm really good at.

Because if I don't, I get really really depressed.

Because it helps me sort things out inside my own head.

Because it's one of the few things that I enjoy every minute of, not just the end result.

Because I have stories and things running around my head, that I'm quite certain would drive me crazy if I didn't write them down.

Take your pick of my reasons, but I still think I do it just to spite Pat Buchanan.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

Random avatar

Reviews: 103
Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:02 pm
View Likes
Cameron says...

If I ever woke up to the realization that I would never write again, I think I would definetely die (of natural causes of course lol)... But the more I think about it, I don't think that I would be the person I am today without writing...I would be someone completely different--someone I hope I will never become acquainted with.
The individual leads in actual fact a double life, one in which he is an end to himself and another in which he is a link in a chain which he serves against his will or at least independently of his will.
--SIGMUND FREUD

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:50 am
Sage says...

I'm an escapist, pure and simple. Also, I have awesome, confusing, wicked, noble, contrary, BRILLIANT characters who hang out in my head and nag me to write about them; if they weren't there I guess it would get awfully lonely.
True friends stab you in the FRONT. (Oscar Wilde)

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:23 pm
View Likes
Jennafina says...

I don't really know why... Maybe somehow I accidentally got into the habit. :)
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:56 pm
Meshugenah says...

Eh.. if I didn't, my brain'd implode.

thoughts, agnst, thoughts, feelings, thoughts, painn, thoughts, thoughts, anger, thoughts, did I mention thoughts? Yeah. With all that going though my brain at all hours of the day, me = SKUNK GO BOOM!*

*Which, yes, I did shamelessly steal from dearest Sambo.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:10 am
Areida says...

Snoink - I lie to myself all the time too. See? We really were sisters in another life. ;)

I voted Never Really Thought About It because... I never really thought about it. Hehe.

Seriously though, there's a variety of reasons. I'm good at it, and it's nice to be good at something every now and then. There's no right or wrong way (well, mostly - I'm a grammar freak). But no one can tell you what to say. You can do anything you want; the only limitation is what you can create and imagine and develop.

I work through a lot of things in my writing, stuff that I don't think or talk about otherwise because it's too painful or too scary (growing up, my parents' divorce, my mom being sick, fear of change, fear of abandonment, etc.). I used to consider it purely escapist, but then when I go back and read things I've written they usually have something to do with things going on in my life at the time. Mainly therapy, I guess.

It's fun, I can forget certain things for a while, work through others, and create something that's all my own, which if you think about it, is pretty dang spiffy. :D
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:48 pm
View Likes
aeroman says...

I don't have a set purpose why I write; perhaps it would be because I enjoy the sense of accomplishment it gives me. So far though sometimes I just have urges to write, but I never write anything about my personal life. Ever since I was little I've always enjoyed escaping into other worlds through books/games/movies where anything is a possibility and so this could be the big reason, making my own world.
They haven't invented the missile that can kill an ideal.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:54 am
View Likes
Azrael says...

I write for a lot of reasons. Sometimes just to escape this harsh reality. Sometimes I do it so that I can have the ultimate control and say-so in my own world. But when it comes down to it, if I stop writing, I think I would fall over and die. I would just stop living. If I don't write for a few days then I start to see Death's shadow everywhere I go...or maybe that's just my own shadow...

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:42 am
supercanti says...

For me its a couple of those. I do it because its fun, I do it to escape sometimes. But all in all I do it to express myself

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:43 pm
Slowlyfaded says...

I never really thought about it....i dont know i just started writing a while ago and havent stoped i guess maybe cause its fun.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:28 pm
lildevil224 says...

Ok..well one of the reäsons thät I write is so thät i can exspress myself..in ä wäy yä know...änd älso becäuse its just fun.... :lol: :P :D :) :( :o

Reviews: 0
Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:05 am
premier690 says...

its just away to escape the world for a few hours.
Crazy writers

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:23 am
View Likes
Mr. Everyone says...

If I stop... I'll die.
~Everyone~

=) *wave*

Reviews: 1
Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:36 am
View Likes
Fraai says...

I write for many reasons, although I haven't thought about it before.
When I've finished, I love the thought of having a great story of your collection sitting there infront of you, knowing you wrote it yourself, and to think of what people will say when you show it to your friends, your family, teachers... And I like to practice with writing to help eventually decide weather I want to have writing as a career, a bit like a personal resamay.
Why did the chicken cross the road?
Because he felt like it. Period.

.........{FRAAI.DEVIANTART.COM}

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:41 pm
View Likes
HeadInTheClouds says...

Quite simply because it is my escape. It's my own way to stop living in this boring world for a little while and spend some time in my own.
If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad. ~Lord Byron

Captain Jack is back May 25!

Goos are anarchists.
— WeepingWisteria