No
62%

Total votes : 343

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:28 am
View Likes
Sylar says...

I've met Raina Telgemeier (Smile and Sisters), Misako Rocks (Detective Jermain and Rock and Roll Love), RL Stine (Goosebumps), Lois Lowry (The Giver and Number the Stars), Jeff Smith (Bone series), Rebecca Stead (When You Reach Me), Kate Dicamillo (The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane and Because of Winn-Dixie), and on Scieszka (Knucklehead and The Stinky Cheese Man)

So I'd say yes :P (My family and I really like books, and we like meeting children's authors.)
A SURPRISE PARTY

FOR ME

YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-6cunaBd7A)

1485 Reviews

Reviews: 1485

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:24 pm
View Likes
Poopsie says...

I met someone, but I forgot her name.........
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:13 pm
View Likes
haylstormsx says...

I've met Meg Cabot (Princess Diaries, Mediator, etc.), Scott Westerfeld (Uglies), Richelle Mead (Vampire Academy), Maggie Stiefvater (Shiver, Raven Boys, Scorpio Races), Silas House (Clay's Quilt), Holly Black (Tithe, Coldest Girl in Coldtown), Tiffany Reisz (Adult themed romance, haha), Anne Rice (Interview with a vampire! Lestat!), Christopher Rice (her son and also author), Patrick Rothfuss (Name of the Wind), Neil Gaiman (Graveyard Book, Good Omens), Rainbow Rowell (Fangirl, Eleanor & Park), Robert Kirkman (The Walking Dead), David Levithan (Nick&Norah, Will Grayson/Will Grayson), Kim Edwards (Memory Keeper's Daughter)...a few indies like Sean Cummings, KC Hilton, Gwenda Bond, Julie Kagawa.

I would trade it all to meet JK Rowling, though.

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:33 pm
View Likes
Tenyo says...

I'm pretty famous. Everybody I know has heard of me.
We were born to be amazing.

1007 Reviews

Reviews: 1007
Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:41 pm
View Likes
TimmyJake says...

^^ I have only met @TimmyJake, and he wouldn't autograph anything for me.
Used to be tIMMYjAKE

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:02 am
View Likes
Burrow says...

haylstormsx wrote:I would trade it all to meet JK Rowling, though.

who wouldn't! :)
“The end of suffering does not justify the suffering, and so there is no end to suffering, what a mess I am, I thought, what a fool, how foolish and narrow, how worthless, how pinched and pathetic, how helpless."

~Extremely loud and incredible close

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:55 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

I happened to go into a tattered cover bookstore one day where Veronica Roth and Margaret Stohl were talking. I couldn't get very close, but I got to see them from the back of the "audience" for a while. I don't know if that's considered "meeting" them since I could only just make out their faces but I still thought that was pretty cool.
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:32 am
Astronaut says...

I'm the third person in this thread who has met Brandon Mull. Weird.

Also Kate DiCamillo, Jon Scieszca, Todd Strasser, Chip Kidd (he's a really famous graphic designer. He did write a book though, so he counts. He designed the cover of a lot of books. Like, a lot. He even did Jurassic Park), and I've met a bunch of others but I don't know if they really count as famous.

And John Green replied to my comment on YouTube, which I guess is half meeting him.
I don't have a signature.

Spoiler! :
Bet you didn't see that coming...

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:35 am
View Likes
tinny says...

I met my favourite author a couple of times, it turns out we live in the same neighbourhood. A couple of weeks ago I was out buying groceries and he almost hit me with his car. I haven't seen him since.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:43 pm
ongoeslife says...

My reaction to this this thread:

Never heard of him, or him, or him, he seems familiar... Know her, not him, never heard of hi... WAIT A MINUTE, FORTIS IS A GIRL!?

So, yeah. :P As far as famous authors go, I don't think I've met any. I know people who have written and self-published books, but really only their friends know about their books. So that probably doesn't count...

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:28 pm
View Likes
Sachiko says...

I met Holly Black! I gave her a crocheted cat.
"Funniest Member -- Sachiko. Secretly the devil. Do not engage. I repeat, do not engage." -- Iggy

"Behold ye babes of grammar: the goddess Sachiko. She does what she wants." -- Lauren2010

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:34 am
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

@haylstormsx YOU'VE MET SCOTT WESTERFELD AND MAGGIE STIEFVATER!?
I am seriously jealous of you right now. XP
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

The Twelve Makeovers of Haircules is the stuff of legend. He defeated the Erymanthian Beard. One could say it was a hair raising adventure.
— KateHardy