No
62%

Total votes : 343

254 Reviews

Reviews: 254
Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:43 pm
View Likes
IamTraunt says...

I've had the chance to meet two writers that were on the publishing road. One was about to publish and the other had published a new book (which was her third.)

They were both inspirational. The latter especially. She had set up her only publishing company and everything. And her artwork was done by her fans -^^-
The other was on her way to England (we were at the Indian airport) because of unfortunate events, but was going down to London to get it on its to be read and checked. I was thrilled when she gave me a note saying: "Keep up the good work. If you try hard enough, I'm sure I'll be seeing your book on my shelf."
Before you judge me...
Make sure you're perfect.

"Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.”
― Mark Twain

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:21 am
View Likes
RainbowPowerPonies says...

He wrote 'IN A GLASS GRIMLY' and it's sequel about Hansel and Gretel called 'A Tale Dark and Grimm'. Adam Gidwitz!
In A Land Far Far Away: CrystalPony21
Meanwhile In Another Kingdom: PonyzandPokez
Happily Ever After: RainbowPowerPonies
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/clubs/1742
Turn your wounds into wisdom. Oprah Winfrey

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:11 pm
View Likes
haylstormsx says...

TriSARAHtops Meeting Maggie was probably one of the best author meets--I bumped into her at my Barnes & Noble she'd stopped at while on tour. She popped in to get coffee and offered to sign books for us! She asked what I was reading at present and was super sweet! Before meeting her I liked her, but after meeting her I LOVE HER! She's way more fabulous than she seems! Which I know sounds impossible because she seems like she'd be fabulous anyway! Haha.

Scott was a little more detached but still friendly! He let us all ask him questions and it was nice that he answered them for us and took the time to do that! Writers get busy at signings, you know?

Random avatar

Reviews: 93
Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:17 pm
emeraldfox says...

I went to one of Greg Mortenson's book talks (he wrote Three Cups of Tea). But it was in a big theater and I didn't get to see him personally, just from the audience.

301 Reviews

Reviews: 301
Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:57 am
View Likes
Snowery says...

For any Skulduggery fans out there. I had a chat once with Derek Landy at a book signing. He is really awesome!
The World Is Mine.

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:51 am
EternalRain says...

Sylar wrote:I've met Raina Telgemeier (Smile and Sisters), Misako Rocks (Detective Jermain and Rock and Roll Love), RL Stine (Goosebumps), Lois Lowry (The Giver and Number the Stars), Jeff Smith (Bone series), Rebecca Stead (When You Reach Me), Kate Dicamillo (The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane and Because of Winn-Dixie), and on Scieszka (Knucklehead and The Stinky Cheese Man)

So I'd say yes :P (My family and I really like books, and we like meeting children's authors.)

Can I be you? :P :D
“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

Reviews: 0
Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:54 am
WhiteWater393 says...

Travis Thrasher
“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”
-Lemony Snicket

"Never laugh at live dragons, Bilbo you old fool!"
-J.R.R.Tolkien

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:11 pm
raevynstar says...

I voted "no", but then I remembered that I did meet one: Yoko Kawashima Watkins, who came to my school last year. She's awesome.
Why read this? Why not do that thing you always wanted to do?
Go now. Find your passion. I'm sure it's not reading signatures.

359 Reviews

Reviews: 359
Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:24 pm
steampowered says...

I met Alan Bennett. :)
Live well. Learn lots. Question everything.

113 Reviews

Reviews: 113
Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:19 pm
Bellarke says...

I have meet David Estes, and Veronica Roth!!
“Who we are and who we need to be to survive are very different things.”

~Bellamy Blake

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:11 pm
View Likes
BluesClues says...

I got Khaled Hosseini's autograph at the National Book Festival in...2016? 2015? A few years ago now, but I was so excited. Only I'd never been before and I didn't know he was going to be there ahead of time research fail so instead of signing a book he signed a notebook for me.

Also, once upon a time I was reading the Seeds of American Trilogy, by Laurie Halse Anderson, and I tweeted about how much she must like parrots, because there was a parrot in this book and also in the first book I ever read by her (Fever 1793, which I need a new copy of because mine's got a torn cover and first page). Only then the parrot's name was the same and I was like "wait is this the same parrot?" and then a character from Fever 1793 showed up, only much younger, and I was SO EXCITED and I was tweeting about it and I tagged Laurie Halse Anderson in the tweet AND SHE TWEETED BACK and I'm counting that because it was one of the greatest moments of my life.

One believes things because one has been conditioned to believe them.
— Aldous Huxley, Brave New World