I'd go to the past.
59%

Total votes : 214

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:30 pm
BlueLitMoon says...

I would want to go back and change something bad so that it would cause a good

thing and possibly cause a different and positive change for our future.

@cassaundra
“...Despite the mayhem that followed, Bruno found that he was still holding Shmuel's hand in his own and nothing in the world would have persuaded him to let go.”

― John Boyne, The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

Random avatar

Reviews: 131
Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:25 am
DukeofWonderland says...

I'd go be my eighth/ninth grader self for a while, sleep till my bones ache and breathe without the weight of real work. Play basketball with friends who're just letters on messaging apps now, and bring back DaVinci's zombie in our lunchbreak story making. ^_^

I'm scared to see the future, because I might not be ready to accept what's waiting now.
"The duke had a mind that ticked like a clock and, like a clock, it
regularly went cuckoo."
-- Terry Pratchett, "Wyrd Sisters"

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:13 am
Wolfi says...

After reading Timeline by Michael Crichton (READ IT IT'S AMAZING), I hesitate to choose the second option, but I must. The future seems too scary. :)
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:28 am
View Likes
Jadefox says...

Everyone has such a dismal view of the past! What about the great moments of accomplishment? Times Square after WWII ended. The World's Fair in Paris. The moon landing. These moments I was unable to witness in my lifetime, and I wish I could have.

I chose to go the the past. I think I've watched and read enough time-travel to understand how to not create a paradox. I wouldn't interfere with what's around me; I would merely be an observer in the crowd. (Also assuming I would be prepared with the right period of dress so I do not stand out.)

I do not want to go to the future because I do not want to know the future. I like surprises. Also, how do we know any of our future selves won't be there? We can look to the "Back to the Future" films, Doctor Who, or other time-traveling premises. Their future selves are there if they return to their present time safely or at all.
Every book you've ever read is just a recombination of 26 letters.

802 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 802
Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:22 am
View Likes
Dracula says...

1963. That's always been my favourite year and I'm going there when time travel happens. I love the sixties so much, the music, clothes, cars, homewares, art style, television *cough* Doctor Who *cough* and everything!!
I bought a cactus. A week later it died. I got depressed because I thought Damn, I am less nurturing than a desert.
-Demetri Martin

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:14 am
View Likes
Dutiful says...

I'd wanna go to the past. Future is toooooo scary for me to even think of.
“And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.”
― Sylvia Plath

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:11 pm
Meshugenah says...

I want both! The past, so I can actually verify a bunch of genealogy work I've done (that one of great grandmothers started on one side, a cousin did on another), assuming I can be passive and simply observe, not be directly involved. There's things I don't think I could stomach seeing, so I'd have to be able to choose carefully when and where I go.

The future! I wanna see space travel! My not so secret sci-fi nerd wants the future and spaceships and other worlds and everything I love reading in speculative fiction. But, again, I'd want to be a passive observer here, too. Well, mostly. I'd definitely want to explore, like, a space station or something, but not like, be directly involved.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:52 am
PrehistoricEchoes says...

Always thought it'd be cool to see the Sermon on the Mount. Then maybe tour Rome or something.

The only thing that could make me go to the future is if I know for certain there are quarians in it. If not, then the future sucks.
My life was described in the Halo 3 Machinima, Flag Campers: "The last two hours of travel are confined to a small, hilly area. And it's all squiggly..."

233 Reviews

Reviews: 233
Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:15 pm
View Likes
Cithara says...

I'd want to go to the future to see if we really do get hover boards like Back to the Future told us.
If that's not the case, Hollywood lieeeeed.
Pax in Christo

"My heart is racing even as I write,
but I plan to go on as bravely as a heroine in a
novel."~The Hired Girl

I used to be Thewriter13

662 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 662
Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:07 pm
View Likes
Messenger says...

i'm too scared to go to the future! YEESH is the world scary already!

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:30 am
captainearth says...

i wood cross sowrd whit a pirate :pirate3: on the uss victorey lol
Spoiler! :
i'm not a captain :P

802 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 802
Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:06 am
View Likes
Dracula says...

I don't understand why you people keep saying that the past is horrible.

Just because they didn't have things that we have now doesn't make it bad; the people were happy with the technology that they did have. Some of you say that the present is good enough... well in the future people are going to insult our time and the primitive devices we used, just as you are doing to the past.
Sure, there were wars and conflicts. There are wars and conflicts now.

The past has amazing things. Imagine seeing the Parthenon just after it was completed, imagine being present while a medieval king was crowned. Imagine dancing to rock and roll music when it had just been discovered.

Sure it had its ups and downs just like the present time, but the past was and is fantastic and you must never say anything bad about it.

Rant over.
I bought a cactus. A week later it died. I got depressed because I thought Damn, I am less nurturing than a desert.
-Demetri Martin

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:50 pm
View Likes
Alchemist says...

Id go to the past and teach people all kinds of stuff, and enchance the progress of humanity. In future i would be what, a tourist? No thanks. XD

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:27 pm
rawrafied says...

I'd go to the past just because there are still things left unknown about ancient civilizations and it would be cool to actually know what those secrets are. Like the Library of Alexandria.

In addition, the past is already concrete. Any changes you might make would affect the future more than what little thing you did in the past. Which is why I wouldn't want to see the future, because there's always the chance that what I would see would just be one option of what it might be, rather than the only option. Therefore, I feel like it would just be a waste of a trip if I don't even know if it's the real option or not.

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:33 am
View Likes
Corncob says...

Writers want to go to the past, everyone else wants to go to the future XP. :mrgreen:

Ogres are like onions.
— Shrek