z

Young Writers Society

Do your (immediate) family members write?

Do your (immediate) family members write?

Yes, we all do
3%
Some of them
25%
No, I'm the only one
67%
I don't know
5%

Total votes : 323

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:17 am
Holysocks says...

We ruined Nate's writing career! DX

( Thank you Nate )
100% autistic

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:39 am
deleted5 says...

My little sis has a thing for writing i think which is really cute :3
I AM YOUR GOD. -AlexSushiDog
Checkmate Atheists.

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:56 am
deleted5 says...

Oh and @Nate what's your brothers' usernames? :3
I AM YOUR GOD. -AlexSushiDog
Checkmate Atheists.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:09 am
BrumalHunter says...

One half of our family (my mother and I) writes, but the other half (my father and brother) focuses more on software.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:29 pm
Gardevite says...

My mother and two of my sisters write amazing essays, articles, etc. They love that stuff! On the creative writing side, is me and my mam again. I'll write pretty much anything, and my mam writes plays for the scór na nóg. It's pretty common in my family!
Formerly Hightop

Garde's Reviews

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:21 pm
Pamplemousse says...

I have no idea.
“Admire my gaytime in the mist of purple~” -lostthought, 2015.
~~~~~~~~~~~Usernames~~~~~~~~~~~
Pamplemousse (4/16/14-Now)
Lateritic (8/21/13-4/16/14)
Kittyz101 (3/11/13-8/21/13)

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:30 pm
tinny says...

No. I am the only person in my immediate family with writing skills beyond that of a spanner.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:34 am
Kelpies says...

My cousin writes, and reffered me to this website.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:41 am
CesareBorgia says...

Me and my Dad who has a degree in English and Creative Writing, he writes as a hobby, and I asked him to teach me eariler this year.

Everyone else in the family calls us insane.
Cesare
Proud Writer of the Week judge

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:00 am
View Likes
BluesClues says...

My youngest sister writes occasionally, but not as frequently as I do. (She's more into the singing.) My dad is a really good storyteller, but he doesn't write...just tells you stories.

My grandpa wrote. I have two of his books. He was never published, but he had some of them bound. The one I helped edit a lot was based on the true story of the woman he was engaged to before he met my grandma (it was a Korean War, dear-John thing). I did a lot of office work for him, stuffing envelopes and typing up new scenes for his book and doing minor edits and stuff, and sometimes he'd show me articles in Writers Digest, and then we'd sit and talk for a long time, and at lunch we'd go to Brengman's or Ted's Coney but we'd both just be sitting there writing while we ate, and he always wanted to read what I was writing.

Except I didn't finish anything while he was alive, which was what finally pushed me to really get to work on The Book Man and keeps me revising and everything. It was a year ago tomorrow that he died.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:19 am
Sylar says...

All three of us!
A SURPRISE PARTY

FOR ME

YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-6cunaBd7A)

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:08 pm
r4p17 says...

My sister, who happens to be a lot older than I am, writes though normally only for NaNo. I also have a cousin on here who writes too! Writing kind of goes with the family. :)
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:09 pm
OMGhamsterdweeb says...

I is the only one! It's so sad. So sad indeed... but wait. If no one in my family writes stories/songs, then where do I get my creative gene from?
Don't tell me I'm the product of my Mum cheating on my Dad with Gerard Way. Although, that'd be pretty awesome! :3
Guys are just girls who haven't hit puberty... yet!

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:00 pm
BellaRoma says...

Nope. I come from a family of avid readers but no-one else in the family has ever written anything that I'm aware of.
I'm not sure what made me start writing really.
You cannot train yourself to notice,
To feel pain, and swallow fear

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:06 pm
Sunshine1113 says...

Everyone in my family can write, but I'm the only one who actively writes. My grandma was an editor for a couple of magazines and has had her own works published (she even wrote an article on the BBC website about 3yrs ago). My brother writes music and lyrics and can write the most amazing short stories but he stopped writing short stories for some reason. My mom can write very well as well as my dad. But my parents haven't written anything in years.

So I'm technically the only person in my family that writes. My grandma was actually the one who got me into writing and has inspired and encouraged me more than anyone else has to write. She even helped me write and "publish" (and by publish I mean paper stapled together) my first book when I was 5. She is also my editor (and a very good editor but very harsh and nitpicky over EVERY thing from sentance structure to choice of words to minor details to the entire world I've created) as well as the one I can go to when I have writers block or have just given up in frustration on a story idea that I can't seem to put to words. :)
~Sun Goddess~

If a story is in you, it has to come out.
— William Faulkner