z

Young Writers Society

Do your (immediate) family members write?

Do your (immediate) family members write?

Yes, we all do
3%
Some of them
25%
No, I'm the only one
67%
I don't know
5%

Total votes : 323

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:54 pm
SARAHJO says...

I'm pretty sure my mother used to write when she was younger. She did more reading than she did writing. We're all a very musical family and we all play instruments and sing (Which is my passion). So, I guess writing is something I found on my own. Since the first grade I've been in advanced English and literature is the easiest subject for me. It's a hobby, I'd say, along with reading, and I absolutely love it! Music and literature are how I can express my emotions. :)
-"Lets be real here. Unicorns don't exist.
-"Then you must not either."

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:20 pm
Alvarin says...

My immediate family (that'd be my parents) doesn't write, and they think I'm only wasting my time, but they both enjoy reading all kinds of things. However, my aunt has a boyfriend (can one really call him a "boy"friend when he's over 80? xD) who's a published author, and he gives me a lot of support and advice when it comes to writing. It's wonderful to have long talks to him about characters and writing and whatnot ^^
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:07 pm
manisha says...

My uncle writes books; they are strictly non fictional and self-help sorta books.
I'm the only writer in my family. But they all love reading books!
If Novels are a bucket of imagination, Short story is a bucket of imagination made to fit a mug.

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:54 pm
Swiftfurthewarrior says...

Stori, Dragonlily, and ongoeslife write. Also, my dad writes awesome poems.
Hi
Spoiler! :
Yes, I know I need a signature.

An author paints with words, an artist writes with paint.

254 Reviews

Reviews: 254
Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:13 am
IamTraunt says...

No, I am the only one who currently writes (if you don't count my grandparents writing a diary about their day). Some of them used to, even applying for competitions. But now, it's just me.
Before you judge me...
Make sure you're perfect.

"Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.”
― Mark Twain

378 Reviews

Reviews: 378
Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:33 pm
Soulkana says...

I'm the only one in the immediate family. My sister used to write poems but I don't believe she kept up on it. I do have a relative who published a book and then never wrote again though.
May the gentle moon take you into peaceful dreams. May the mighty sun brighten your new days.

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:17 pm
View Likes
Cirute says...

No one in my family writes. Nobody knows that I even write-- not my family, not my friends, not anyone I know personally.
"Regrets, I've had a few. But then again, too few to mention."
-The Sex Pistols

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:25 pm
Astronaut says...

I said I'm the only one, but actually, I think my grandfather wrote a book. I never met him though.
I don't have a signature.

Spoiler! :
Bet you didn't see that coming...

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:23 pm
ShakespeareWallah says...

My grandfather has written a couple of collections of plays, a short-story collection and a novel--none of them sold well.

My father wrote two of those cheesy romantic novels in paperback back in the nineties. Didn't go beyond the first edition.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:59 am
leslieloo says...

Both of my parents have written books, but they books aren't fictional. My sister has written a few things, but she doesn't have a passion for writing.
Whatever you've been told, you're worth more than gold.

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:53 am
EternalRain says...

My sister writes poetry. :) I've influenced her in a way, I guess. We both enjoy writing, though, just different styles!
“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

You have light and peace inside you. If you let it out, you can change the world around you.
— Uncle Iroh, Avatar the Last Airbender