-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:06 pm
View Likes
Rurouni says...

Righty.

I've tried writing with my left, but I wanna learn how to, incase I break my right.
Cookies!

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:55 pm
KingLucifer says...

Write with my left, stab with my right. I've also had to learn how to become ambidextrous twice...
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:58 pm
ongoeslife says...

People who are left-handed are in their right minds... >.>

*shies away from objects thrown because of the pun*

I'm mainly righty, but I broke my arm when I was a kid, and had to write with my left hand. I got pretty good at it, and can still write legibly with either. I also do some things with my left hand more than my right, and vice-versa.

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:12 pm
View Likes
Lava says...

And this poll is pretty good in sticking with stats! xD
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:13 am
Shady says...

DudeMcGuy wrote:Also, mixed handedness is also possible. Where individuals have a dominant hand, but can perform certain tasks better with the opposite hand.

Yes. Definitely a thing. I put "ambidextrous" because I have mixed dominance that is nearly equal. I'm usually classified as right-handed because I write with my right hand; but I certainly did notice a significant handicap when I tore a tendon in my left wrist.

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:02 am
View Likes
Kale says...

I was born ambi, considering how one of my parents' favorite stories involve baby Kyll switching thumbs depending on which direction baby Kyll was looking.

I tend to use my right more than my left though because, let's be honest, a lot of things are more convenient to do right-handed. Like cut with scissors. Or open doors. Or write. Like, even perforations for tearing off things like cheques are designed with righties in mind.

Though there are a few things I favor my left for, such as anything that involves touchscreens or shooting pistol.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:03 pm
Sylar says...

LEFTYS FO LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
A SURPRISE PARTY

FOR ME

YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-6cunaBd7A)

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:18 pm
deleted5 says...

Right is right therefore right is right in this situation about right or left. However in a situation when right is not right choose left as it is the one left.
I AM YOUR GOD. -AlexSushiDog
Checkmate Atheists.

274 Reviews

Reviews: 274
Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:39 am
cleverclogs says...

Righty for life here! *holds up fingers on right hand in a V for Victory sign*
In the beginning, the universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
-Douglas Adams

This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:11 am
Swiftfurthewarrior says...

I am right-handed. However, when I was younger, I had a weird thing where I just had to do things with the left side first. It was a temporary obsession, but one I've grown out of.
Hi
Spoiler! :
Yes, I know I need a signature.

An author paints with words, an artist writes with paint.

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:12 pm
Asteria says...

I used to be predominantly right-handed. Due to an accident (my own clumsiness in the house we'd just moved into), I ended up breaking my right wrist, wearing a cast for the duration of my fourth grade year. As such, I had to learn to compensate and do the usual tasks with my left hand.

Since then, I've alternated as I need to. I do some things with my right hand and others I used to do solely with my left because it feels easier. And, if my hand begins to hurt part way through the task, I switch! Feels perfectly natural now.
"When tempest tossed, embrace chaos."
--Dean Koontz

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:16 pm
Eferhilda says...

I am left handed, but with right handed tendencies? lol Being left handed in a right handed world, meant that I had to adapt to how I would do certain things. About the main thing that I do with my left hand are what I call delicate tasks. Such as, writing and eating with utensils.
“Love is not about what you want. It’s about finding happiness for the one you love.” - Kahlan Amnell -

433 Reviews

Reviews: 433
Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:26 pm
TakeThatYouFiend says...

I'm ambi. I write o.k. with both, faster with the right. I can shoot bow either way but I was born left handed right eye dominant. I am left in most sports but I play melodian right handed.
I think I tend a bit further left tho.... the main thing is I decided to write right.
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:35 pm
Zolen says...

Eferhilda wrote:I am left handed, but with right handed tendencies? lol Being left handed in a right handed world, meant that I had to adapt to how I would do certain things. About the main thing that I do with my left hand are what I call delicate tasks. Such as, writing and eating with utensils.

Common trait for left handed people is they become sort of fuax right handed in everything that they can't get away with using their left hand, as many objects in our world are focused on convenience for right handed people.
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

To succeed, you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you.
— Tony Dorsett