z

Young Writers Society

A Pig, Space, and a Lot of Chaos

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:09 pm
View Likes
NewHope says...

Moonglade walked around the pink planet.

No! Stop disregarding everything everyone else has written so you can tell them your dream. You may not!

Moonglade carried on with her dream. She was a pig farmer on the pink planet. How odd was it she had pink pigs on a pink planet?

"Uhm..." @llyiah cleared her throat. "Cyan. Cyan pigs on a cyan planet."

@Shady stormed in, talking about their many roleplays to @Grandwild. "No. Fishy. Fishy, fishy, fishy. Fishy pigs on a fishy planet."

Moonglade stared awkwardly. "Yes @Liminality. They are batfish, the ones with the rosy lips."

Actually Moonglade is correct. Pink pigs on a pink planet. I think that is just the amount of roleplays you have, Shady. It is very fishy. I think there must be at least five of you.

"I told you!"

@looseleaf looked at Moonglade, "Why is that Chevrolet pink? Everyone knows the original paint on exterrestial Chevrolets are bright, light grey."

Moonglade poked at a stick at her pink pigs. Then her sheepdog, @BigBrother, started helping her herd them.

Where is @BlueClues with some news about her books. Listens to an earpiece. Oh, right. She's too busying getting them published.

@MailicedeNamedy asked Moonglade, "Why pigs and not sheep? Big, white fluffy swans."

"Huh?" @TheEgg stared. "Chickens..."

@DungeonMaster watched, "Definitely dragons."

"My dream, Namedy. I need to dream."

Nightmares...

"We were getting to that, Mister!" Moonglade gave the narrator an irritated glare.

Time then went by. And then there was no more. Moonglade's brother started to irritate so she called her dream out quickly.

I was on a pink planet and I was a pink pig farmer. I was herding them when all of a sudden they disappeared as if they had camouflaged or something. But everyone knows only chameleons do that.

"Now I should go." @Seirre I like your batfish enthusiasm.
Swan Queen's little sister in-law/caretaker since 2022

4075 Reviews

Reviews: 4075
Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:55 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Harry regained his senses as he tried and failed to make sense of what had happened in the last few posts ahem minutes. He shrugged. This was neither new nor unexpected, he was just surprised things had managed to make some relative modicum of sense for as long as they had.

Well it was now time to try and advance the plot see if there was some sort of way to establish a tiny bit of sense once more and see if there was a way to get closer to this pig they were all searching for. They had spent quite a while on this pink planet and as enjoyable as its features had been it was becoming increasingly clear that their goal was not to be found in this particular location.

Summoning the powers of the rp realm with @Omni @winterwolf0100 @SilverNight @Shady @soundofmind and @Carina and a lot of others but I'm stopping here before this becomes an even longer list...Harry proceeded to ignore the fact that they were divided between Coffee waterfalls, bat fish or was it the recently titled bad fish lake and several other attractions and consider a new destination.

Reaching out to others he glanced at his list.

Do not steal my lines

But I'm the narrator, this is my only purpose for existing

Not in a tagbook obviously, now shoo

Summoning up @Spearmint @atlast @WeepingWisteria @Teddybear Harry considered the chaos coefficient that seemed realtively reasonable to use and decided that immediately just switching planets was a bad idea. There had to be a more gradual transition but they did have to leave the planet. @alliyah and several chickens concurred with this plan as did several random potatoes. Perhaps @starlitmind was closeby.

With this in mind, they were now back on board the ship. Was there some sort of mass scramble for the ships while they were attacked by various candies shooting potatoes at them. Was there some sort of coffee tsunami, did they just walk back in a straight line with absolutely nothing going on, that was space for whoever wrote next to fill...Harry didn't have enough brain cells to process all of that just yet, he was here to progress the plot help track down this very elusive pig.

With that thought in mind, the spaceship lifted off, this time heading away from the pink planet and towards another one. There had been some very good intel from @DungeonMaster that apparently one of the planets in front of them would have a chance of containing this pig. It most likely wouldn't because it was still early in the month but anticipation drove stories, didn't it? What did Harry know?

Nothing

That's rude.

[b]I'm not going to point out all the times you were rude to me[/s]

Touché.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

243 Reviews

Reviews: 243
Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:03 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

The potato-shooting candies and coffee tsunami were definitely quite chaotic. @mothbroth dissolved into a bunch of moths for a second to avoid the potatoes while @Liminality fiddled with her communicator, trying to communicate with the hostile candies. @PlanBot happily commented on the threads of various Camp NaNoers like @RandomTalks, @mellifera, and @Carlito while wheeling around spuds that were mashed into the ground.

Other eminent ywsers like @Que and @lliyah and @Holysocks and @BluesClues held out their cups, hats, shoes, etc. to catch some of the coffee that was raining from the sky. But @JustPerks reminded everyone of the incoming tsunami, and everyone rushed back towards the spaceship.

Alright, enough summarizing. I believe @HarryHardy mentioned a new planet, no?

Gah, I thought I'd escaped the curse of the Narrator! >.> Ugh, guess no one's quite immune to their snarky comments and insults... :<

Anyways! While everyone was on the spaceship, traveling through space, quite a few chaotic things took place. @Omni, @winterwolf0100, @WeepingWisteria (who, by the way, is currently in over 13 roleplays), chi, @SilverNight, Harry, @atlast, @Teddybear, and mint hung out and brainstormed shenanigans for Lux Academy. Other roleplayers like @AceassinOfTheMoon, @Moonglade, @Magebird, @Plume, @Shady, @GrandWild, @Horisun, and @soundofmind schemed up shenanigans for quite a few other roleplays.

Meanwhile, a couple of poetry peeps like @LizzyTyler, @Seirre, @rida, and @TrinityPoeting wished for NaPo 2023 to come sooner. @Carina and @veeren contemplated a renewal of the banana wars, and @InuYosha and @momonster joined the discussion eagerly. @waywardxwanderer--

Oh, come on, mint. At this point it's just you tagging a bunch of peeps and doing nothing to advance the plot. >:|

mint blew a raspberry at the Narrator. It's my post, and I'll do what I want with it! Plus, I'm challenging myself to tag all 179 people I'm following, and that means I'll have to make things work somehow. Right, @SpunkyMonkey, @LUNARGIRL, @Ignorance, @Zenith, @FourLeafClover, and @Yewis?

*yawns*

Well, fine! If that's the way you're gonna be >.>

With a crash of cymbals, @SirenCymbaline announced the discovery of a neon green planet outside the window. @ForeverYoung299 announced it to be the planet of youth, and @PaigeFantasy said that it sounded like the setting of a fantasy novel. @Dossereana and @figmoon peeked out the other window and noticed @Nate the Dragon swooping past. (Never mind the lack of oxygen thing-- dragons are clearly magical and anything is possible in a tagbook. >:)) YWSers from the original Finding Nate the Dragon tagbook like @Valkyria, @FireEyes, @Mea, @LittleLee, @ImaginativeAlice, @YeOldeYorick, @SantaYWS (oh hey, fancy seeing him here!), and @sakeofvanity05 all cheered at the sight.

@FlamingPhoenix noticed a planet that seemed to be on fire (perhaps it looked something like @DungeonMaster's background?), and @MaybeAndrew pointed out another planet full of question marks. But the planet that the YWS Spaceship eventually landed on was a different place entirely...

"Is... is that a sentient pineapple?" asked @pineapple321. @tgirly, @Overwatchful, and @SalemReine eyed the bouncing pineapple warily.

"OMG I SEE A POTATO!" exclaimed @starlitmind. Meanwhile, @AnonymousRiceBall stared at a rolling rice ball and @MayCupcake had a staring contest with a cupcake. @AvantCoffee, @shatteredstones, and @Coffeeboyjay goggled at a crowd of coffee mugs.

@Rook wandered over, holding a chicken. "The question is, are these foods friendly or hostile?"

@Stringbean eyed a bean plant and @MapleWay considered a jug of maple syrup.

"I mean..." @Rosewood started.

"...it doesn't look like the foods are actively hostile right now?" @erilea finished.

@D said, "They're not really doing anything." @Ayme, @EternalRain, and @Ventomology nodded.

Well... that's because mint's just been describing them to try to cram as many tags as she can into this post without having to make anything interesting happen.

You're reaallly getting on my nerves, Narrator.

Suddenly, a taco hopped forwards.

Hah, how's that for interesting? :P

@ChesTacos started a stare-down with the taco as ywsers like @WriterWrong, @Pokeberry111, and @HJYoung watched in anticipation. But then the taco spoke. (0.0)

"Welcome to our planet, brave ywsers! You may stay as long as you like, but please refrain from eating any of us."

"The... the taco's talking. Okay." @ImaginativeAlice said. "It's not just my imagination, right?"

"Nope..." @kattee, @JasmineFelicia, @BEASTtheHUN, and @ChieRynn all gave their confirmation of having heard the taco.

@cryptologenic smiled. "Well, I say a talking taco is better than an attacking taco."

The taco bowed as well as it could, then hopped to the side, revealing a path into an edible town. "If you're hungry, feel free to eat the buildings. Just not any of the inhabitants! And once again, welcome to Ediblandia."

"Is it just me, or did that taco's smile look a bit creepy?" @Torres whispered.

@bluewaterlily nodded. "Something doesn't sit right with me..." muttered @Emivanz1.

But the brave group of ywsers pushed forwards into the town.

~~~

Mostly everyone was feeling a bit peckish after the long spaceflight and their adventures on the pink planet. @blueca and @bmeskis took a couple of bites out of a chocolate park bench, and @MonyaR, @SmudgeMudge, @TheOffBroadwayAuthor, @nightshadows, @Riverlight, @MirrorOfTheSun, and @Serenalove nibbled on some green tea leaves. @ShamiayaM9887 and @basilthehuman (who was definitely a human) tried a fountain of milk tea. @camcam and @legendarycomputerpoetry snacked happily on the corner of a window, and @AddisonHardy, @Rydia, and @Oxara munched on some caramel swords. Wait, swords? (Hold up, was @WishIHadASword seeing this?)

@PoetryGoos squawked in alarm and @ChrisCalaid, @quitecontrary, and @TheMythMaster looked up from a clump of fondant flowers.

The taco was back. (!!) And it was wielding a bow made of hard candy. An array of similarly-armed mini tacos and various other entrees fanned out around the lead taco.

@SpiritedWolfe, @Wolfi, @Buranko, and @saadamansayyed settled into defensive positions as the taco's lackeys slowly attempted to encircle the ywsers. Even @ILUVBUNNIES08 stopped stroking her bunny for a second. @ShpidderMon got ready to swoop in from the treetops.

"Okay, wait. Maybe we can try to solve things peacefully?" asked @NivedaJames22.

"Peace was never an option," said @LitGoos, who was fully prepared for battle.

mint, hold on, you never explained why the taco suddenly became hostile. This makes no--

Hey, I said sense wasn't a thing here! >.> And it's not just the taco that turned on us; it's also ramen and pizza and tons of other foods.

That wasn't the point.

Ha! Pizza has a point, but I don't.

Wat.

mint pointedly (oh hey, there's a point!) ignored the Narrator and got back to her lengthy, tag-filled descriptions. (Just 60 tags to go...)

@LadyMysterio and @Elfboy and gem used their various powers to set up defenses for the ywsers. @Arcticus wrote battle poetry (totally a real thing...) and @dragonfphoenix wondered if calling Malia would help or hurt. @Euphoria8 spread enthusiasm (along with her sister Momo) and others like @JoyDark, @Hkumar, @sylrie, @StellaThomas, and @brotherGeo made sure to keep their eyes on the dishes of food.

The food prowled menacingly around the ywsers for a minute, and then the lead taco spoke. "You know how I said you were free to eat the buildings? Ha. Well, I lied." The taco cackled evilly, and in true villainous fashion, explained his plans. "It was all so that we inhabitants of Ediblandia would have an excuse to attack you all."

"Whoa, did someone write a bad review on your poem or something?" asked @Lael.

"Yeah, cuz you seem really salty," added @SoullessGinger. "Try to be sweet, like @fructose!"

The taco frowned. "But I'm a taco. Tacos aren't sweet."

"Oh yeah?" said @Atticus. "Well, from now on, I say that all foods have the @Liberty to be whatever they want to be."

"Hear, hear!" shouted @MailicedeNamedy, @IcyFlame, and @CyonetheStarbringer.

Some of the smaller tacos and plates of noodles and samosas started to shuffle back and forth. "M-maybe they're right. We can be whatever we want to be."

"Yeah, go for it!" encouraged @Iggy, @hannah314159, @Tenyo, and @YellowSweater.

The lead taco tried and failed to rally its troops again. "B-but they ate the buildings!"

"And we're sincerely sorry for that," said @Stellarjay. @AlyTheBookworm nodded.

"Though to be fair, it was all because you set us up," grumbled @Brigadier and @anne27.

@Charm tried to be charming. "It's all well and good now, though, because we've come to an agreement, right?"

"Right, you don't attack us, and we don't eat your buildings. Also, freedom to food! Be as sweet or salty or spicy as you want." @Corvid, @FruityBickel, @illy7896, and @Haileyg21 cheered, and the food lackeys cheered with them.

The lead taco still looked as if it wanted to argue, but it was carried away by its former supporters, who were chanting, "Freedom to food!"

@swany, @ArctiWolf, and @Phillauthet sighed in relief, and the @KotGRCommander yelled, "Huzzah! The crisis has been averted." @PoetryBot and @SquillsBot chirped happily.

This reads like a very badly-written children's story.

Hush, we don't need any of your negativity, Narrator. And you just interrupted the flow!

Pretty much everyone figured they'd had enough of Ediblandia after that, so they all trooped back to the spaceship. @manilla high-fived a mini taco along the way, and @Otterpop waved at a sentient otterpop. @QueenMadrose, @Lilliana, and @Ilium417 raced each other back to the ship, and @ReviewBuddy scampered after them. @Rodionandaxe paused to admire the view, and @stygianmoon17 remarked on the ice cream hills that totally weren't stolen from Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs.

Finally, everyone, including @Orion42, @Meshugenah, @JamesPeterson, and @AilahEvelynMae, was back on the ship.

"But wait!" @looseleaf said. "We still haven't found any pigs."

"Ah well, I suppose we need to have some extra ~drama~ in between to get us through the month," said @Elinor. @Terian805, @mordax, and @niteowl nodded.

"Still, though, don't we need a few hints?" asked @albedo.

"It'd be nice to feel like we're progressing towards something," added @PenguinAttack.

"Well then... I did find a rather neat gem from the past." mint smiled like >:) and held up young @Snoink's Piggy's Restaurant Menu. "Though it's totally up to the next tagbook-poster-- excuse me, anyone who notices the future events-- on whether they'd like to include it or not. >.>"

And then mint called on @Big Brother, @LittleSister, and @Anonymous (who is quite a mysterious being) to rescue her from the mess of a post she'd written.

"Anyone, please, get us back on track to finding the golden pig statue! :S :]" Then mint promptly collapsed and fell asleep, exhausted by all 179 tags.

(1710 words)
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

30 Reviews

Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:58 pm
View Likes
NewHope says...

Moonglade read through @Spearmint’s post. “Forget Disney. I want to watch this!”

I always thought the Beast was a little ugly anyways. And now gold pigs…

“Hey! He was really nice-“

How many times did he try to kill Belle in that movie.

“Oh. Stop it, Narrator. You’re ruining my childhood post.[/s]

The time read 22:22, the year of 2022 on Moonglade’s phone and suddenly she realized all the chaos around her, but tried not to wake up mint.

The ships were travelling through the Goos Nebula. Which was good? @LitGoos, @PoetryGoos and #classified all agreed.

@Omni stared at the stars silently and then screamed. “We’re here! Don’t crash into the planet! Don’t you see all those chickens! It has to be here! It has to! We will find this golden pig on the planet of beautiful, black roosters and light brown chickens with light yellow chickpeas.

@FireEyes glowered with intent and @HarryHardy made sure the ship started landing safely. @BluesClues had a party and @lliyah checked her watch, not that she had a watch.

@Arcticus spoke wise words as the sound of rockets fired and slowed the landing.

How long is it going to take you to land?

“A few days max. But, shhh.”

@Grandwild and @Shady started thinking about a new, fishy roleplay where all characters were fish telling the great batfish how great it must be.

@looseleaf checked the spinning dials, making sure the engine didn’t explode into a ball of @Nate the Dragon’s breath.

And @Kelisot joined Moonglade in writing 500 000 000 000 050 million haikus.

@VengefulReaper saved the new planet by lying, “The pig is not here. I swear.”

@soundofmind listened to some music in a corner and @PaigeFantasy watched Stranger Things on her phone.

@WeepingWisteria smiled as they signed up for yet another roleplay. @Teddybear fell asleep.

High @fructose corn syrup is pretty unhealthy, you know? But very sweet.

@AndName was very confused, everyone needed to stay calm and just stop stressing about. @shatteredstones recited a poem about peace and happiness.

@waywardxwanderer wandered far into the distance and looked out the window into the beauties of space and @atlast tears dropped down their face like jasmine petals. @MailicedeNamedy comforted wayward, “New places are great and new houses are wonderful! And it’s going to be great and you are going to have a wonderful time finding a golden pig.”

@Chaser chased after @NivedaJames22 as she wispily float through the hallways as if they were dancing to the same beat as @Carina’s profile picture.

@WishIHadASword stared at their axe sadly and watched @Magebird start digging up the fossil of a Magebirdosaurus. @SphidderMon swung from the roof and cheered as the chicken feet came out.

@hannah314159 baked some cupcakes and gave them to @BigBrother, @BEASTtheHUN, @QueenMadrose, @Stellarjay, @LadyTano, @momomonster and @Coffeeboyjay.

Someone else needs to use @Snoink’s poem. It seems Moons’ brain is dead.

“Never… just tired…”

4075 Reviews

Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:30 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Harry proceeded to take one single look at the number of tags above and decided he was not going to read it

Shhh...I told you that in confidence...how dare thee?

*Narrator flees the scene*

Harry turned back to the good people of YWS *wink*. With the help of @alliyah 's new and improved chicken landing system they managed to make a @soundofmind landing...oops tagbooks and their tendency to make puns happen.

Shaking of that, Harry made his way to this new planet along with the rest of the crew @Shady @Omni @winterwolf0100 @SilverNight and this was becoming a list once again so Harry decided to slow down a bit.

The descriptions of the new planet were....possibly already out in the behemoth posts above so Harry decided @Spearmint and @Moonglade probably did a much better job than her ever could and avoided the topic entirely. @IcyFlame and @MailicedeNamedy would have probably pointed that out if he'd done that in a non tagbook related story but this wasn't one of those so things were fine. What mattered was looking for that pig. It was fast approaching a point in the month where they had to begin that last stretch on the hunt for the pig and Harry was trying to decide whether to force plot forwards and generate another planet out of nowhere or to just let things actually play out on this planet first...oh wait.

That moment of realization is Harry realizing he is basically writing down his notes for what to do with the tagbook in the tagbook itself

That is completely false and I cannot prove it but shhh...and didn't you like leave?

I pretended to leave of course, you think I actually would ever leave? There can be no story without the narrator after all.

Pretty sure there can be but then again you might also be true. This probably needs some sort of philosophical or poetic analysis. Maybe @Arcticus would help with that. Or possibly @Plume or @starlitmind.

Oh Harry...you're really reaching with trying to make these tags coherent.

It is an art that only a few have the ability to master, and I am not one of the few.

Then perhaps we end this post and only come back when the plot needs to accelerate and be magicked to its final point

That...is probably a good idea.

With that, Harry turned back to the actual plot..ahem...shook his head and dislodged his thoughts..at this point nothing is going to cover up for this, is it?

No

The crew of the...oh dear he forgot what he named the ship...spread out across this vast new planet, as always on the hunt for this elusive fig and probably varying kinds of fish and possibly caffeine but Harry wasn't too sure of late.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:44 am
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

Winter had arrived. *cool sunglasses emoji*

And no one was impressed because Winter was literally 24 days late.

Hey. :[ That's kinda mean dude.

Winter was also terrified, having never done a tagbook post before, and had no idea what to do, so, like a coward, he remained on the ship.

Bruh-- I-- No I didn't. >:[ This is definitely not my first tagbook ahahaha... nope... roleplay mod here, this could definitely not be my first I could get like... fired for that or something... >.> *stares at Shady*

First, I doubt you'd be fired for not having written a tagbook post--

Well not anymore, since I'm about to--

Second, I'm the narrator. I'm the one who decides what happens, and I decide you stay on the ship out of terror and fear of the unknown and end up missing all the fun :]

Well I was going to do that but I'm definitely not going to now.

Uh-huh. Sure. I definitely believe that you have the capability to overcome your anxiety.

Winter tried to ignore the anxiety that comment brought about. Also, despite Winter having just binged the entire tagbook thus far like ten minutes ago, it was also important to note that she had absolutely no idea what was happening. They were not on the pink planet anymore--

What if the planet itself had been the pig and they'd just overlooked it? It was pink...

Shush brainy Winter. You're never there when I need you so go away now.

What if the creek with the batfish from the sky was like... the bottom of the pig's foot or something? What if you were on the foot of a pig and had no idea about it?

Well smart Winter, you clearly also struggle with skimming everything because you clearly didn't see it's a golden pig. So it couldn't have been the pink planet. Why? Winter had no idea. Also, considering their terrible memory and ADHD, they were quite nervous to start tagging anyone because they would inevitably leave out a TON of people and end up feeling really STUPID about it.

This is great procrastinating and all but I notice you still haven't left the ship...

Alright, alright, I'm going! Stop being so pushy >:[

Winter walked out of the ship and wished the narrator would not comment on how long it took her to do so, knowing that the narrator would anyway.

Twenty-four days, actually. Because let's be honest-- when other people described you leaving the ship in earlier posts, they used adjectives like 'smart' and 'sensible' and that clearly must've been some clone of you because you are neither of those things.

Well I try to be!

I have seen your wallposts. You are in fact a dumb-dumb.

Winter ignored that comment and looked at his surroundings. The new planet was the same exact as the pink planet, just purple.

Way to show off how creative you are, great job.

Thanks, my brain won't work with me.

I can tell.

Anyways, the planet was blue. No, it was purple. Well actually, it was a mix of the two. It was kind of like... what's something that's blue and purple? It was like space! But like in the artsy kind of way people paint in, not the black void of nothingness that would scare the daylights out of Winter if they ever had to be in space in real life. :]

Technically just by being on Earth, you are in space.

Thanks for that terrifying reminder. Confident that Winter had moved the plot forward literally none besides establishing the new planet's color scheme, he set off to look for the golden pig, following the large group of unspecified YWSers who had already exited the ship.

Not to mention the fact that this is a tagbook and you tagged literally no one. You might be useless.

Hey :[. "@Omni, the narrator is being mean to me!" Winter whined, both proud of the alliteration and trying to make up for the fact she hadn't tagged anyone before wrapping up the post.

"Your face is being mean to me >:[," Omni replied, helping the situation none whatsoever.

Winter was tempted to reply "Your face is being mean to me," but instead decided to do the mature thing and end the post with a good old-fashioned, "Your mom's face is being mean to me!"

745 words
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

243 Reviews

Reviews: 243
Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:56 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

mint woke up. "Yay, @winterwolf0100! Now you may post again =P"

Spoiler! :
10-word post boom xD (ignore the emoticon >.>)
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:14 am
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

Winter thanked @Spearmint immensely for her ten-word post.

Oh shoot. Winter had wanted to write another so she could also get the bounty of breaking the fourth wall, but now that she had the floor again, she had absolutely no idea what to do.

Like I said-- dumb-dumb.

Well, there went breaking the fourth wall... at least he had that done. But now they had to search the blue-purple planet (try as they might, they could still not think of a SINGLE other description for blue-purple other than the sky) and seeing as he couldn't even describe the planet well, Winter wasn't sure at all how she was going to search it properly for a golden pig. Maybe some of the people more experienced in poetry could help like @Plume and @lliyah. They seemed to know a lot about poetry. They also just seemed to know a lot in general.

Unfortunately, alliyah was just running around the planet looking for chickens, and had taken off long before Winter could try to approach her for help describing the planet in a more creative way than blue-purple.

That's because you procrastinated out of fear and executive dysfunction and waited too long. You're gonna do that in real life someday and miss out on all your dreams.

WHOA intrusive thoughts narrator, calm down. :'] Winter definitely wasn't going to do that, right?

Technically, all purple is blue because purple is made of blue and red. So when you say blue-purple, you're really just saying blue-blue.

Brainy Winter, I'm like nearly certain you don't know enough about color theory to claim that, even though it sounds pretty reasonable for something you just made up on the spot.

Anyways.

Winter went back to looking around the planet, but got distracted by @Shady chanting about fish and a large group of fish enthusiasts trailing behind Shady. By the time Winter realized she'd gotten distracted and turned to look for someone who might be able to help, everyone else was gone. @HarryHardy was nowhere in sight even though he'd started this whole thing, which Winter found extremely rude, but really Winter couldn't find it rude because it was entirely possible Harry had told Winter he was leaving and asked if Winter wanted to come, and Winter had just forgotten about the interaction entirely.

Again, ADHD.

Now where was she?

Ah right. The blue-purple. He stared out at the expanse of trees that looked super fluffy and poofy like cotton balls, with the twisty trunks and the little mini kind-of-bear animals and weird birds flying around them. No, Winter hadn't recently watched the newest Lorax again-- why do you ask?

He started strolling towards one of the trees. It was extremely fluffy, but when they reached out to touch it, a bunch of fish popped out of it and stood up on top of the fluff like it was solid! Which logically made no sense, but Winter rolled with it.

Then, the fish started singing.

Seeing as Winter cannot write songs for the life of her, they were singing nonsense in a different language known as the keyboard smash, and it went something along the lines of--

"Oh golden pig,
Most golden pig--"

Wait what? No, that's not nonsense, they're supposed to--

"We all do love
The golden pig--"

This isn't supposed to happen, I'm the narrator, I'm--

Shush. How dare you insinuate I cannot write songs. I am beautiful at writing songs. So good. So great at writing songs. That is me.

"We definitely know
Where the golden pig grows--"

That logically makes no sense, they know where it grows??

"A golden pig,
Yes golden pig,
We singing fish
And golden pig.

The best of friends,
The golden pig.
She sings with us,
The golden pig."

The golden pig sings? I thought it was a statue?

Now that you say that, that sounds kind of right but it's too late to turn back now so--

"The golden pig
With golden hair,
Sings golden notes
That float on air.

The golden pig,
To find her oink,
Sang out her notes,
The golden pig.

The golden pig,
To find her friends,
You must follow the notes,
The golden pig."

Won't that be difficult considering you've just established this planet is filled with singing fish?

Shhhh but the fun part about a tagbook is that the next person gets to worry about that, don't you see?

You have terrible logic.

Well smart Winter, considering you're me, right back at you. :]

762 words
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:02 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"Hey, wait a second, what's with all the batfish slander?" Shady blinked, very confused about where they currently existed in time and space. "I look away for two minutes and--"

It's been literally a month, the Narrator commentated.

"Has not." Shady stuck their tongue out petulantly.

Mature. The Narrator rolled their metaphorical eyes. But it's been twenty-five days so this is on you, really.

"No."

Yes.

"No."

"Shady, look, it'd just be embarrassing for all of us if you showed up three weeks late just to argue with the disembodied Narrator," @WeepingWisteria said.

"Okay, but you see, the thing is -- I have no idea what's going on," Shady protested.

"Same," @Moonglade said.

"Same," @HarryHardy said.

"Wait a second, isn't this your tagbook?" @shatteredstones asked.

"No," Harry snorted. "This is a tagbook for the people by the people."

"Sounds like a weak excuse," Shady said.

"ur face is a weak excuse," @Omni said.

"ur mom is a--" Shady started, but was cut off by @Mea and @SpiritedWolfe both saying 'ur mom' in an ironic prediction for what Shady was about to say. They blushed at the realization that everyone knew at this point that they had never had an original thought in their life.

"Your focus needs more focus," @Spearmint prompted. "C'mon. You got tagged a bajillion times. Address the tags. Address your peoples. Say what's on your heart."

"Well what's on my heart is to tag all the people who keep getting their usernames misspelled so that they aren't actually getting tagged," Shady said.

"Like who?" @Elinor asked.

"ME!" @Big Brother said.

Shady nodded, pointing to them. "And @lliyah and @BluesClues."

Are you deliberately refusing to tag @Seirre because of their--

"BATFISH SLANDER?! YES," Shady interrupted in agreement. "Yes I am."

"Grow up," @Magebird scoffed, rolling her eyes.

"Make me," Shady grumbled.

"Surely you remember one more thing you need to be addressing..." @SilverNight prompted.

Shady was silent for a long moment.

"Aren't you supposed to be firing @winterwolf0100?" @looseleaf asked.

"No <3"

Well, there you have it, folks. Eternal job security.

Shady nodded in agreement.

"Okay Shady I think you should go," @FireEyes said. "You have advanced the plot exactly none, but we didn't expect for you to."

"I resemble that remark," Shady grumbled with a frown.

"Go, leave us, just like you've been leaving me and the children for ages," @MailicedeNamedy complained.

"Look, I--"

Now boarding your flight, The Narrator narrated over the loudspeakers made for narration. Gate C4 *checks notes* ...C6

"Is that your final answer?" Shady asked, tired of having been told A14, C4, C2, and C6 over the course of their seven-hour layover in a literal physical airport that was about to actually board irl (which they honestly have no idea which gate we've settled on now).

"Gooooooo," @Liminality said. "We will continue to spiral the batfish drama out of proportion in your absence. Promise."

"Okie dokie artichokie," Shady said with a nod. "I'mma go try to get on airplanes until one finally decides to let me on. Toodleoo~"

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

30 Reviews

Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:04 pm
View Likes
NewHope says...

Moonglade looked at @Shady suspiciously, “Batfish look kinda weird. Mwhamwhamwha!!!”

4075 Reviews

Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:04 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Harry strode onto the center of the planet. Time was up and he needed to plot magic™ to end this thing...ahem...they were on the cusp of locating the mysterious pig that was now extremely close by.

Didn't you say like in your last post that this was definitely not the planet where the pig was on?

Shhh...that was a rumor spread by people who didn't want us finding the pig?

Was @PoetryGoos @rpGoos or any geese in general involved?

I have no idea.

Were potatoes involved?

You'll have to ask @starlitmind?

Where chicke...

Okay are you doing an interview. That's not your job. Also ask @lliyah . Obviously. If chickens are involved there is only one expert.

So would...

Shhhhh...okay I have five minutes to write this post and it has to be grand and final, so shuu while I figure out a way to finish this thing off...I mean we discover this magnificent lost pig statue.

Are you sure this is a statue?

Yes but no.

You were too lazy to decide when starting this?

I can neither confirm nor deny that. Also this is still an interview. If you really want to do one go and ask @looseleaf.

She does interviews, not gives them.

That is besides the point.

Shaking the narrator off for the moment, Harry advanced to the center of the island with the rest of the Rp Crew. There was Captain @Shady at the center of it all, now holding a fearsome batfish staff along with the goldfish pointer. There was also @Carina and @Omni and @winterwolf0100 and @SilverNight and more but Harry was starting to think the number of ands were too much.

Perhaps he would later recall and add on @WeepingWisteria @Teddybear @atlast @Spearmint.

You can't just go down the storybook list and look at...

I explicitly said you were shaken off, now shoo, go be shaken off.

*grumbly noise*

With the narrator gone once again, from the center erupted a large fountain of [insert your favorite liquid here] and there sitting right in the center of it all was the very mysterious but also not golden pig that they had all been after this entire time. There was cheering.

There better be cheering.

Mr. Narrator are you doing a Captain Holt right now?

A what...

*no comment*

On that note...celebrate away before I come write something of a final post...ahem...I mean, rejoice YWS and share in the glory of this discovery.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:54 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Shady glanced around, desperately wanting to use the ‘and there was much rejoicing’ meme from that Monty Python and the Holy Grail scene with Robin’s minstrels and such. But then they decided that they’d rather this post count towards the SB daily bounty than the meme bounty and they’re on mobile so it’s hard to get URLs copied anyhow so—

This sounds like excuses, not cheering, the Narrator said judgmentally.

“Square up,” Shady said.

“I know ur a square but what am I?” @Omni asked.

“Ur mom.”

“Man, that’s just an existential crisis waiting to happen,” @SilverNight said.

“I see your Freud and raise you becoming your own mother,” @veeren cackled.

Ahem.

“Oh, fine then.” Shady rolled their eyes. “Yaaayyyyaaaauyyyyy!!!!”

The batfish cheered.

ur mom cheered.

@Big Brother cheered.

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:30 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

alliyah watched as @HarryHardy, @Shady, and the narrator argued about how this storybook would wrap up, and tried to get a closer look at the prize pig that was now meandering out of the coffee fountain. After this whole giant search, the truth was alliyah couldn't exactly remember why they had been looking for this special pig in the first place. It didn't have any Knights of the Green Room connections as far as she knew from @KotGRCommander, and didn't seem to be part of any of the any of the other classic YWS mysteries like #classified, #goosetakeover, or @BluesClues #WeaselConspiracy. Still. when in doubt, alliyah usually assumed classified operatives were involved.

Just then @SantaYWS's sleigh landed on the mysterious planet parallel parking next to the space-ship being led by a team of 8 rosy-lipped batfish, with a red-beaked chicken leading the procession. On Rosa, on Romeo, on Ronaldo, and Reynold, on Ruby, and Roxanne, on Rolly, and Waldo suddenly his voice took a schmaltzy baritone but do you recall, the most famous space-animal of them allllll RUDOLPH THE RED BEAKED CHICKEN!"

At this point even alliyah was confused about why Santa was diverting the plot so far off track, and @Shady was trying to share some fun facts about batfish while @Plume corralled all the geese gooses along with @Hkumar away from the fountain where they were trying to steal magic coins.

Santa held up a bill and an envelope. "Hohoho and Merry July Greetings! You all forgot to pay your bill before checking out of the Pink Planet resort, so I thought I'd swing by and hand it over."

The GMs pointed fingers at each other, because they weren't sure who had the YWS company card @Seirre handed the bill to @Liminality, and Lim scrawled a haiku on it before handing it to @IcyFlame who held up her "DM badge" and handed it to @Liberty, Liberty handed it to Shady who handed it to alliyah's chicken Herschel, and alliyah made the bill into a paper airplane to hopefully be forwarded on to @Meshugenah. Fingers crossed that their summer trip didn't break the vacation budget for the year.

Santa then pointed to the envelope they held, "Also you have Christmas in July Mail, since as you know the YWS Email account hasn't been working someone named ... @Nate the dragon asked me to pass this on to y'all"

The note was half smeared with jelly from a strawberry doughnut and other space-dust, but the parts that could be read said the following:

Hi YWS,
Congratulations on finding the Pig. Watch out for [illegible].
Rocket fuel prices are sky-rocketing, so please don't [illegible] planets unless you've got gold to spare. I'm not sure about [illegible] [illegible] goose.

You won't catch the bat illegible illegible but no matter what never stop writing!

And anyways, congrats again!

Lots of love,

Nate

@Omni who was usually pretty good at deciphering the fine details of world-building and mysterious messages lifted an eyebrow and started inputting some of the data into a code-breaker, along with tracking coordinates from the back of the envelope on a giant map. @Carina started jumping up and down and singing christmas carols about bats from last year. And alliyah again retrieved her unclassified note-pad to take notes. This would take a while to discern, if they could ever figure it out, but it seemed like finding the pig was... good? At least as far as she could figure out.

At that moment @DungeonMaster landed among them and @SilverNight clicked "action" on the smoke machine that had been brought along. DungeonMaster croaked unrolled a big scroll that looked similar to the daily challenges that had been offered throughout the month, and screeched, "by the authority of DungeonMaster let us join in a dance party in celebration of the end of this RP Month and the fortunate finding of the pig despite all odds of chaos that have arisen against us. hear ye hear ye!"

From somewhere the narrator told the DJ to turn up the tunes.

And with that even with massive confusion still being figured out in discerning Nate's cryptic message, several YWSers broke out in dance @Spearmint jumped into leading the electric slide. @starlitmind jumped on the keyboard, @looseleaf unveiled a kazoo, and @Elinor gave the stage-manager a cue to lower the discoball.

All the while the space pig stared at the group of writers wondering just what they had gotten into.
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
— Pablo Picasso