The Headquarters

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:15 am
View Likes
Omni says...

All right, listen up.

We don't exist. Officially, unofficially, on paper, off paper. Anyway you put it, we don't exist. Try to Google us, you won't find us. Ask any government official you want, and they don't know anything about us. That's the point. They shouldn't know. They don't know until it's too late, and then, we make sure to cover our tracks.

So, why are you here?

Well, to put it simply, we're hiring.

We're in the field of fixing things. And, lately, there's been a lot of things needing fix. Frankly, the world's a mess. But, enough about our establishment. Let's hear about yourself, and see if you're fit for the job.

Additional Information
    • This is the HQ, the main thread for an overarching story of roleplays.
    • You will be a part of a taskforce that has missions all over the world. Each mission will be its own roleplay.
    • Once the mission is complete, the roleplay is finished and this thread is updated to continue the main storyline.
    • Characters remember what happens on previous missions, even if they were not a part of said mission.
    • Characters can be created and retired at any time.
    • Characters will not be on every mission.
    • Missions will be the only plot written at any time.

The World

Welcome to Earth. The year is 2078. The world is not a fun place anymore. Not that it ever was, but you get what I mean.

You remember when I said we're in the business of fixing things? Well, the whole world's a mess now. After the last mecha war, a lot of governments are destabilized and trust of our AI bethren is at an all time low, even within the most liberal countries. Here's a quick recap, because your real work is gonna start before you can do any homework.

Mecha War

Our world's still recovering from the Mecha War seven years ago. A Splinter virus infected a factory off the coast of Korea and went haywire. The whole world was affected by it, one way or another. Even if they weren't fighting, they were surviving. The war ended five years ago. For many civilians, it's still fresh on the mind.

Androids

Androids, in some form or another, have existed in society for about twenty years at this point. Having gained independence and full global citizenship just before the mecha war, there has been immense pushback for them to fully join society. In response, a sect of androids has separated from society to live peacefully, and either focus on benefiting society or removing themselves from it entirely.

Splinter

A rogue virus from the last war, this was nicknamed the Splinter Virus after an extremist group called Splinter claimed it was their technology after the war ended. They have been causing minor problems ever since, but nothing too annoying. Still, HQ is keeping an eye on them, because even if there's a small chance that what they said is true, we cannot risk another world war on our hands.

Space

Science and technology has expanded at a breakneck pace. We are on the brink of interstellar travel, and have explored many aspects of our own star system. There are early colonization plans for Mars. Some governments have established strongholds on the Moon, separate from the public's eye.

Scientific Breakthroughs

Due to the scientific breakthroughs, thinks not thought possible just fifty years before. Many have called some of these things witchcraft, or magic. However, we have just pushed ourselves scientifically. The sky is the limit when it comes to the technology capabilities of HQ.

World Powers

Because of the mecha war, many places that used to be world powers are struggling. Power has now plataeued for many countries, and the power balance is now more even than it has been in over a century. However, because so many countries and so many people have power, there have been insecurities and power struggles. Part of our job is to solve these struggles as silently as possible.

Code: Select all

[i]Sit down. I'm Commander Furia, head of HQ. If you get this job, you'll take orders from me. Understood?[/i]

[b]Your Response: [/b]

[i]Hmm. Closer to the microphone. State your name for the record.[/i]

[b]Your Name: [/b]

[i]Okay. First mistake of this job. We don't use our actual names here. Give me an alias.[/i]

[b]Your Alias: [/b]

[i]Really? That's the best you can come up with? No, no, we're moving forward. What makes you qualified for this job?[/i]

[b]Your Abilities: [/b](Be unique! If you want a broad power, find a way to make it yours)
[i]Strengths: [/i]
[i]Weaknesses: [/i]

[i]Hmm. Okay, so what are you planning on wearing to the battlefield? Nothing ridiculous. I'm not going to waste my resources on a flashy suit just for you to die on the first mission.[/i]

[b]Your Appearance: [/b]

[i]We'll smooth out the details later. Good enough. Now to the nitty gritty. I need to know that you'll be compatible with the other members. I also need to know that you know yourself enough to reveal all aspects of your personality, even the not so good.[/i]

[b]Your Personality: [/b]
[i]Strengths: [/i]
[i]Weaknesses: [/i]

[i]We'll learn soon enough if what you said is the truth. Now. Tell me about your past. This is vital information, so try not to leave out details. Anything incriminating especially. I need to know if I have to do more paperwork to get you hired. [/i]

[b]Your Age: [/b]
[b]Your Gender & Pronouns: [/b]
[b]Your History: [/b]
[i]Personal Secret: [/i]
[i]Personal Wish: [/i]

[i]I really did not need to know your hopes and aspirations, but thank you for that knowledge. Before we leave, do you have any questions for us?[/i]

[b]Other: [/b]

Retired Agents
    • None Right Now

This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

Between living and dreaming there is a third thing. Guess it.
— Antonio Machado