z

Young Writers Society

College in New Rome

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:29 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

After the events of Heroes of Olympus, the world is once again beginning to rebuild itself. This includes the world of the Demigods who fought, many of which are now choosing to draw away from the life of an epic hero and build a life for themselves in New Rome.

Whether they be Greek or Roman, our former heroes find themselves at New Rome University, in the delightfully mundane yet completely unique experience of attending a College attended and run exclusively by demigods and their descendants. For once, the world is peaceful, and with majors in everything from the Arts to Military operations to Monster studies, the possibilities for the future seem endless. How your characters handle that future, as well as the past that may shadow them, is your choice.

Wow, Europa is capable of running something that isn't a cynical thrill ride of darkness and angst? Honestly, your guess is as good as mine! In all seriousness, I meant for this SB to be a little smaller scale than most of my projects, so spots are limited. Let me know in the DT if you want to join, I also have a discord server, so if you have an account and you want to be a part of it, let me know and I'll shoot you an invite ASAP!

Rules N' Stuff

Spoiler! :
Rules

. Limited language is fine, but keep it PG,

.Keep the romance PG as well

.Communicate consistently in the DT and/or server

.Be good to each other

Spoiler! :
Character Sheet
Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Godly Parent:[/b](Specify whether they're Greek or Roman)

[b]Looks:
Personality:
Major:[/b] (Specify if none is declared)

[b]History:[/b] (If your character was involved in the battle against Gaia and/or the Titan war, especially state that.)
[b]Fatal Flaw:
Other:[/b]

Spots
1- EditorAndPerks: Hamish Robinson
2- ScarlettFire
3- winterwolf0100
4- imaginer2018
5-Carina: Zara Moreau
6-Valkyria: Roxanne Winchester
7-
8-

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:07 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

Julius Turner

Julius shouldered a backpack with his belongings and trudged towards his destination-- New Rome. He had heard about the war against Gaea and found that it really wasn't exciting. He didn't really want to participate, but he fought in a battle or two. The only problem was that the war against Gaea forced almost all travel into nonexistence. He spent the entire time holed up in the Apollo Cabin at Camp Half-Blood. Now that he was going to College in New Rome, Julius hoped that maybe it would be better.

"Hey you!"

Julius turned to the sound of a raging male voice.

"Yes, you!" Apparently the voice came from some type of statue.

"Wow, who made you?" asked Julius.

"Who made me?!" shouted the statue indignantly, "I'm Terminus! God of Borders! No one makes me!"

"Oh, how do you guard New Rome? You don't even have--" said Julius.

"I HAVE ARMS YES I HAVE ARMS," Terminus' eyes widened with anger as if wanting Julius to provoke him. Terminus' no-armed body started shivering and then finally said.

"All weapons must be given to me. We can't have any weapons within the Pomeranian Line. Although I think you don't have any," said Terminus, "Go on. Continue. Skedaddle!"

With some type of invisible force, Julius was shoved forward into the Pomeranian Line. For some reason, Julius guessed that his day wasn't going to get any less weirder.

And Julius found that his guess was proven when he reached the orientation.
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:08 am
View Likes
Carina says...

Zara Moreau

Finally, after a long summer, it was Rush Day.

Zara sat next to the other Alpha Phi committee girls, checking off the names of the girls who were accepted already. It had a long, long day of seeing girls come in with their pretty outfits, only to judge them and secretly tear them down with questions and fake smiles.

It was fun, really. That was probably why she was put in charge of this event.

While the other committee members started to buzz about who was accepted, Zara double-checked the list again and cross-referenced the accepted names with their godly parents. About 60% of the girls were, of course, daughters of Aphrodite. Most of the sororities were, really, but Alpha Phi had a bigger percentage. The other 40% were from other gods, mostly from Hermes, Apollo, Athena, and Athena. The day that a Hephaestus or Ares girl gets accepted into her sorority will be the day that Zara would quit herself. It was an amusing impossible thought, though.

"Alright everyone," Zara said as she stood up and put her hands up in the air to shush everyone in the crowd. "It's time to announce our Bigs to our Littles!"

That seemed to shush everyone. All of the current and recently-pledged girls were in the giant living space of the sorority house, still dressed up and pampered. Zara didn't even need to use her charmspeak to get everyone to quiet down and pay attention.

"First, a big congratulations to all the girls who got accepted today," she said with a big smile. "Alpha Phi prides itself in beauty, honor, and grace. Not many get accepted, so if you're recently pledged, then know this is a big deal."

She started clapping, which prompted everyone else to clap too.

"But now let's talk about our Bigs and Littles!" she continued on, and the clapping subsided as the girls began whispering together. "A Little would be someone who recently pledged, and a Big is their mentor. Remember the personality quiz you took? That was for rushing, but it was also for this mentorship program."

She smiled again, and then cleared her throat and started to pair off names. This went on for a while, with each two people being paired off before they went off their own way. The number of people in the room kept reducing until there were only some of the current sorority members and one newly pledged girl left.

"And finally," Zara continued, setting the pairing paper aside, "Roxanne Winchester with... oh, hey, it's with me."

Zara let out a bright smile, and a girl with curly blue-tipped hair shyly stepped forward, offering her hand.

"Hi Zara," the girl said warmly, offering her hand. "I'm Roxanne. I've done so much research on Alpha Phi, and I know all about you, and... gosh. I'm so excited you're my Big!"

Zara laughed and swatted her hand away, coming in for a close hug instead. "That's so sweet, Roxanne," she said as she embraced her. "I'm happy to be your Big, too."

She then pulled away, noting Roxanne's muscular body and big blue eyes with eyeliner that was a bit too thick and a bit too smudged. She could use a few lessons on makeup and fit on clothing. At least she had pretty hair and a pretty face; without that, it was doubtful she'd even make it in Alpha Phi.

"I have soooo many questions," Roxanne said, nearly bouncing from excitement.

"And I'd be happy to answer all of them," Zara chirped back, then looked at the small golden watch on her wrist. "But first, let's take you to orientation. You don't want to be late. C'mon, I'll walk you."
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—InuYosha

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:23 am
View Likes
DreamyAlice says...

BRENNA BROOKS

Brenna stood at the college gate guessing what it would be like in this new place. Will she be able to be happy here? Can she control herself from not getting in troubles with anyone? Will people won’t judge her because of her godly parent?
She didn’t know the answer to any of these, she was just happy that now her life would be normal just like she always wanted.

She entered the college with the hope of a new beginning. In the corridors, there were not many people but there were many paintings hanging on the walls of both sides of the corridor. Some of them were of Titan war some were of Battle of Manhattan and of many other wars. She didn’t want to think of those awful times again so she just moved forward to the canteen.

Why don’t these people forget their past! You can decorate the walls with something else!

The night before the college she did everything to hide her tattoo, she even scratched her crescent moon tattoo with a blade, she didn’t care how much it pained. She just didn’t want them to know who she was so that they don’t start making opinions about her.

She entered the canteen, there were more people there as compared to the corridors. She thought that they all were hungry just like her. She quickly ordered some food and sat confidently on one of the tables in the corner.
But her confidence lasted no longer as she saw people secretly staring at her, she seemed confused, she was getting the attention she never wanted.

From a distance, a girl entered the canteen and Brenna watched her coming towards her, she was skinny and her hair was bright red. She hesitantly sat at the table next to Brenna’s. She seemed shy to her as she mostly kept her head low and occasionally looked up to see the other people who were still chattering and staring at Brenna.

Brenna found it good to ask the shy girl that why she was getting so much attention and probably she was the only one who seemed nice to Brenna.

“Hey, I am Brenna Brooks,” she started the conversation

“Hi, I am Cass... Cassandra Sophia Danvers” the girl replied

“Well, can you tell me why is everyone so curious about me that they are staring at me since I entered the canteen,” Anna asked. Cassie looked confused as if she was asking herself that she should tell her or not.

“Hmm… please don’t mind but I think... because of your tattoo,” Cassie said hesitantly pointing at Brenna’s neck. Brenna searched for a mirror that was coincidently just beside her. She looked into the mirror and saw the tattoo on her neck just like it always have been. The scratches she made with the blade were somehow magically disappeared.

Brenna was wrong, nothing will be like she thought it would be, now they know who she was. She was offended.

“Hey everyone you all should stare at some beautiful girl, not me I am ugly,” Brenna yelled at the peaple who now looked embarrassed. She is kind but that doesn’t mean she can not stand for herself.

Brenna asked Cassie that will she go to the orientation with her, Cassie agreed and they both hurried away to the orientation.
Last edited by DreamyAlice on Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Imagination is a superpower. Use it well!

243 Reviews

Reviews: 243
Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:59 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Jaxton Vimore

Jaxton was lost. Again. For a child of Athena, he was surprisingly absent-minded-- half the time he could barely remember what he'd had for breakfast. Speaking of which, Jax had been so nervous for orientation that he hadn't eaten anything yet, and now his stomach was growling like an angry hellhound. Jax sighed. This was shaping up to be a fantastic day.

A while earlier, Jax had encountered a marble statue-- or part of one-- who called himself Terminus. He commented that the name "Terminus" was great for anagramming (sun timer, time runs), but Terminus just grumbled something about how demigods were getting weirder by the year and magically shoved Jax inside the Pomeranian Line. That was the first time he'd gotten lost.

New Rome wasn't that big of a city, but Jax had been constantly stopping to admire the architecture or think of more anagrams, so he'd spent way too long just walking around. But (after a couple wrong turns) he eventually made his way to the college campus and followed the arrows leading to orientation.

Or, at least, the arrows that were supposed to lead to orientation. Apparently, sometime before Jax had arrived, a couple of pranksters had messed up the arrows so that they led in circles. One arrow pointed downwards and beside it was graffitied, "The Underworld SUCKSS." While Jax was inclined to agree, the message was entirely unhelpful in getting where he needed to go. So now Jax was lost, again.

Ughh. If only I'd walked a little faster, I might've arrived before those pranksters-- probably Hermes kids-- messed up the signs. Jax slumped down next to the graffiti and put his head in his hands. Now I'll be late (tale, teal).

He sighed again. Today was going to be terrific, just ab-so-lute-ly terrific. His stomach rumbled in agreement.
Last edited by Spearmint on Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

4075 Reviews

Reviews: 4075
Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:20 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Cassandra Danvers

Cassandra Danvers stood within eyesight of the entrance to the Caldecott Tunnel and took another deep breath. This was going to be the hardest part of her journey. The journey from Camp Half Blood had hardly been eventful. She'd managed to avoiding the attention of most monsters, not to mention the fact that she could see through the mist meant it was much easier for her to dodge around the ones in hiding. It was a skill that she had learned a long time ago.

The couple of monsters that had been unlucky enough to attack her had been dispatched before they even knew that they were being attacked. After the last war, running into the occasional individual monster almost felt like a trivial past time. She smiled to herself. To think that she'd gone from screaming in terror at the sight of her first monster to having them be nothing more than occasional pests.

What lay ahead, however, would be the real test. College. Learning things. Being an adult. If anyone had told her she'd be worrying about a first day at college all those years ago, she'd have thought they were crazy. And yet, here she was. Then there was also the small matter that she just might run into the praetor. That would certainly not help her make a good impression at orientation. Not if she was a stuttering blushing mess like she'd been the last time she'd held a conversation the girl. Don't be silly Cass. There's no way you'd run into her. She's definitely busy working on something. You just run along past the Pomeranian Line. Mental scolding complete, she made her way down from her vantage point and towards the secret tunnel that would take her to the roman camp.

She quickly made her way towards the two guards at the entrance to the tunnel. The two soldiers looked vaguely familiar but she couldn't really place them. They'd probably been part of the war and she'd seen them at some point. The two of them didn't pay too much attention to her. The very much visible black dagger at her hip, glowing a iridescent blue probably helped them realize she wasn't exactly a mortal.

"You probably shouldn't carry a weapon out in the open like that," suggested one of them as she gave a shy smile and attempted to walk past as quickly as possible.

"Oh the more you expose magic artefacts, the less attention mortals tend to pay to you, part of how the mist works," said Cass. It was one of the lesser known things about the mist among most demigods.

He didn't look convinced but he waved her through. Apparently he wasn't in the mood to argue the point or he'd accepted her explanation. Either way, she gave a polite nod and made her way towards the camp, skipping along slightly. She'd managed to time the whole journey surprisingly well and getting there a bit early wouldn't hurt anyone.

She made her way towards the river and made her way towards one of the bridges. Thankfully the nearest one was a little off to the right of camp and if she'd memorized that map of Camp Jupiter correctly, she should be able to sneak through to the road to New Rome without running anywhere near the headquarters.

She crossed the river and made her way through the various shops, drawing a couple of looks for her dagger but most people looked right past her, exactly as she had hoped. She turned around the bed and hurried through. It felt silly running along the path like Aurum and Argentum were chasing after her but it was better to avoid running into their owner until later.

She soon found herself at the Pomeranian Line staring at a statue of the god Terminus. She'd heard enough stories around camp from Percy to know that this was most certainly not a statue and definitely not a statue that you wanted to insult in any way. And from what she'd heard, it was pretty easy to unintentionally insult the statue. She decided a hello would be a good place to sart.

"Hi umm...Terminus, Lord Terminus, Mr. Terminus, I'm not really sure, so sorry in advance if I offended you."

If a statue could look surprised this one definitely did.

"Terminus is fine," said the god, "what's your name?"

"Cassandra Danvers," said Cass, "but everyone one calls me Cass because that's easier. And umm...I think I need to leave this lady here."

"Lady?" asked the god. If the statue had arms it would probably be scratching its head.

"Oh umm...my dagger," said Cass, holding out the weapon and its sheath. A girl appeared from somewhere and she placed it in a tray she presented. "So..."

"If won't return to you unless you really need it," said Terminus, "don't worry, we can make sure it doesn't wonder off unnecessarily."

"Thank you, well I'll be going then. It was nice meeting you Terminus," said Cass.

"And you as well Cassandra," replied Terminus.

Cass nodded and made her way past the statue into the city of New Rome, her new home for the foreseeable future.

She made her way inside and looked around. It looked beautiful, just as she had expected. She checked the time on her watch. There was just enough time that she could probably grab a quick bite. She hadn't stopped for food on the way so that she wouldn't be late, but now a bit of food was looking like a great idea.

She stepped into the canteen and looked around. There was a decent number of people there. She looked around, scanning for any sign of an empty seat. At first glance, every table appeared to have at least one person. Then she finally managed to spot an empty table next to a very pale looking girl with thick black hair. She looked like a child of Hades, at least from what she'd seen before but the tattoo on her neck proclaimed very clearly that she was a daughter of Nyx, goddess of the night. That explained why she appeared to be drawing several stares from the people around her.

She shrugged. She knew very well just how it felt to be judged based on her godly parent without ever doing anything. It had only started to ease up just recently. The seat seemed like it was going to be a good choice.

She made her way over and sat down. The two of them struck up a quick conversation and soon the girl, who turned out to be called Brenna Brooks was asking her to got to orientation together. Brenna seemed liked a nice person and she might as well get started at least trying to make a friend or two so she said a quick yes and the two girls headed of towards orientation.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:51 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

Farono

Farono was annoyed. She was already regretting the decision to come to this stupid Roman town anyway-- what had she been thinking!?-- and the talking statue just made it so much worse. He tried to get her to leave all her weapons-- the various knives and daggers she kept with her at all times-- outside whatever stupid city limit he was guarding. After a long time spent arguing with the decapitated head of this pathetic excuse for a God-- most of it spent going over the fine details of how Percy Jackson used him to smash in a giant's nose-- she finally got into the Pomeranian line. Without her weapons. So things were off to a great start. And that was before the ghosts started up.

And boy, did they start up.

It always got worse around places where big battles had happened; any of the ghosts who had died and were currently stranded on the wrong side of one of the Underworld's many rivers could speak in Farono's head, and the closer she was to the place of their death, the louder they unintentionally got. In fact, most of them didn't even speak to her on purpose. They were just standing there on the riverbank, having a conversation with another lost soul, plotting about how to get payment to cross or how they died or whatever rotten luck they had with selling their dairy farm (don't ask), and suddenly... boom. It was all playing in Farono's head. Of course, that didn't even account for the ghosts who purposely talked to her. If they were doing it on purpose, they could be as loud as they wanted, no matter how close she was to where they died. And they could yell whatever stupid insults they wanted all day long inside her head. There were a select few she was really hoping to punch in the face at some point.

And here, not only were the ghosts of literally all of humanity on the wrong side of the river chattering away in her head, but she could hear the conversations of all of the lemures-- there were a lot here-- not only with her ears, but in her head. It was like someone had recorded them talking and then put the same exact clip over the first one. She could hear it twice, but at the same time, and in two very different ways. It was giving her a hell of a headache.

"You know, back in my day--" One of the lemures was ranting nearby, her voice giving Farono vertigo as she heard it both inside her head and outside.

A Trojan soldier ranted loudly in her head, using some colorful swear words to describe just where the Romans could stick their "entera provaton." She wasn't exactly sure what the insult 'sheep guts' meant, but the Trojan soldier said it like it was the most vile thing he could think of, so it was safe to assume it was offensive.

In Farono's head, Anita was crying softly, whispering frantic mumbles in greek. She was an ancient Greek handmaiden who'd died suddenly from illness. She hadn't been buried properly, and she'd been stuck on the wrong side of the river for centuries. Farono didn't feel attached to most people, but she did to Anita. She'd been in her head since Farono was thirteen, and she was her main source of advice, and one of the only people Farono might consider a friend, which is why she definitely felt a bit guilty for bringing her here. Ancient greek ghosts didn't do well in Roman places, especially given how hostile both groups, until recently, had been towards each other. It was what had the other ghosts in her head going stircrazy right now too. There was too much tension in this place, too much history, and she could tell it was affecting them. Farono didn't know most of the ghosts by name, but she did recognize many of the voices after so long hearing them. Not many of the ghosts were willing to talk to Farono or even wanted to, but the select few that did were memorable, and the Trojan soldier was usually quite peaceful, which was one of the many ways she knew something was seriously messing with them about being here. He was always more than willing for Farono to summon him if she was ever in need of a helping hand, and now he was shouting insults at the lemures as if they could actually hear him.

That was another gift from her mother-- not only did she get to hear the ghosts in her head, but sometimes if she put enough energy into it, she could give them a temporary physical body. In fact, her father had been a ghost when she was... created inside her mother, which was, of course, disgusting, but still. Stranger things had happened on Farono's godly side of the family. The downside to the summoning was that if they got hurt, Farono would feel the pain, which is why she'd spent most of the battles sprawled in pain on the ground, gasping for breath with an Apollo kid next to her to make sure she stayed alive, sending all her energy into the fifteen or so ghosts she could put out at a time. She usually ordered them to jump in front of other demigods and save the living ones, which built up their ranks and helped some kids catch their breath. But every neck snap, knife wound, head cut off-- she was the one who felt it.

Needless to say, the Trojan soldier had been one of many who had died for her several times on the battlefield. She'd been meaning to send him coins so he could finally travel across now that he'd achieved a hero's death-- multiple times-- but she kept procrastinating in case she ever needed his help again. Every time, a new need had arisen where she had ended up needing his help, so she kept delaying it further. Even now, as she approached the edges of the college campus, she considered setting him loose on a group of giggling sorority girls who were staring quite openly at her, probably judging her buzzcut or her tall, lanky figure or her outfit.

In her head, Anita's crying quieted, which meant she had tuckered herself out and was likely about to take a nap. The Trojan soldier was still ranting, but Farono snapped in greek, "Shut up Trojan," and he stopped. A few murmurs rippled through her head, ghosts quietly carrying on conversation. There were a few static loops going on, the complete weirdness of distantly hearing a lemure talk a few blocks away while hearing them clear and loud in her head, but other than that, her head had, for the most part, gotten peaceful. At least, as peaceful as it could get when their voices were amplified and all the ghosts felt agitated about being here.

The group of girls gave her annoyed looks, and Farono rolled her eyes. "I wasn't talking to you." She turned away from them, hoping that as she got farther into the campus, the rest of the noise in her head might dial down a notch. At least it might go back to the normal annoyance instead of the massive migraine it was currently with the lemures around.

She wandered the campus paths, making a special attempt to avoid any interaction with others. She had enough social interaction going on in her head. Talking with a live person made it confusing to keep track of the conversations, especially given that ghosts were like little kids in that they did not hesitate to interrupt anything. And of course she could talk to live people and usually concentrate, but with how aggitated the ghosts were right now, she wouldn't want to bet on it. They'd get used to it eventually, but she didn't want to risk a public scene on the first day. For now, she just needed to sit through whatever orientation there was, check in with the office to find her room and schedule, and go to sleep. Maybe if she could find a quiet enough place, she could even go to sleep for a bit and visit the Underworld; that was always interesting, and it would give her an excuse to punch a few of the annoying ones.

She stopped wandering when she realized she had absolutely no idea where she was going. She considered looking around and asking a live person for help, but she'd avoided them well, and she was alone on the path she had been walking for the past ten minutes or so. She looked at the buildings surrounding her. There was a cafeteria, but that would be an absolute nightmare. The onslaught of different conversations was bad enough in her head without doubling it with voices in her ears. There were several buildings in the distance obviously dedicated to dorm space, and several more farther away for classes. Finally, her eyes landed on one building in particular that was closer to her, with "LIBRARY" written in big block letters in English, Greek, and Latin above the entrance. Farono sighed. It would be full of snobby Athenian kids no doubt, the ones who acted like they knew everything but had never heard of her mother. It would also likely be the easiest place around to get directions. She considered for several seconds, before she sighed.

"Anita?" She said aloud, knowing the handmaiden would hear her.

"Hello?" Came her quiet reply in ancient greek. "Farono, are you alright?"

"I'm fine," Farono sighed. "Disoriented like I'm sure you're feeling. I feel it too, the weird energy in this place... But I have a favor to ask."

Anita sounded genuinely concerned when she said, "Of course. Is something wrong?"

"No, I just need a favor." Farono concentrated and thrust a hand out, pushing energy out of it until a form slowly shimmered into existence. After a few seconds, Anita looked solid, unrecognizable as a ghost besides the way her skin shimmered more translucent than a person's would. Farono tried hard not to stare as she once again saw Anita's physical body. She was not only a smart and kind friend, but she was absolutely beautiful. Her greek figures, her dark hair, her flashing eyes... Farono was pretty sure her sexual awakening as a lesbian had been her first time she figured out how to summon Anita.

"How can I help?" She asked in broken English. Farono had been trying to help teach her English for several years now, and there hadn't been much progress. In fact, they'd given up completely during the wartime, and hadn't picked it up since then, so it had been several months, but there were a few phrases that seemed to have stuck.

"You see that building?" Farono said, making sure to consciously switch her mind into greek. "Can you go to the front desk and ask where orientation is? We just need the name of a building to find it."

Anita glanced at the building, then back at Farono with a small smile. "You're shy?" She asked inquisitively, switching back to greek.

Farono frowned. "You know me. I don't like strangers."

Anita gave a sad smile, seemed to contemplate it for a moment, then nodded firmly. "I will ask where orientation is. Then, I will be back." She ran off towards the library building, and sure enough, a few minutes later she was back. She pointed to a building and said, "The woman said it was that one. The..." She frowned in concentration, before saying in English, "blue...?"

Farono looked at the building she was pointing at, and nodded. "Blue," she affirmed, before glancing back at Anita. "Good job."

Anita smiled. "I practice. I try to be quiet, for head pain. But I practice. English is..." she paused and searched for the right word, before giving an embarrassed smile and finishing, "hard."

Farono nodded. "I know," she said in greek. "Maybe we could get you enrolled in some English classes here if you wanted. I don't really know how that would work since you're technically dead, but we could probably figure it out if you wanted. For now, I should get to orientation."

Anita nodded, watching her expectantly. "I go back to river now?"

Farono, a bit disappointed, said in greek, "Yeah, I guess you probably should. You were resting and I pulled you away from a nap."

Anita nodded, looking a bit relieved. "May Apollo shine upon you, sister," she said in greek, a soft smile on her lips before Farono waved a hand and her form dissolved into air.

Farono looked back at the blue building Anita had been pointing at, where orientation was supposed to start in... Farono glanced at her watch. Ten minutes. She sighed and looked back at the building. She better get going, she supposed. She started walking, relieved as she realized that for the first time all morning, the ghosts had become quiet.
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

414 Reviews

Reviews: 414
Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:34 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

HAMISH ROBINSON

Hamish hadn't been truly looking forward to the start of college, but he figured he needed to make the most of what this opportunity gave him, and he was lucky to not be dead.

Thus, he bid his father farewell, and sent a prayer to Veritas that he wouldn't have his secret found out as early as today.

Ella Enchanted still gave him nightmares sometimes, and he hadn't even watched it for more than five minutes before he decided to hack the family computer and make sure it could never play that cursed movie again.

He had no physical weapons to give Terminus, who let him enter with a huff, as his skills were primarly his hands and his brain.

Anyway, Hamish supposed he should find the actual building to start in, or whatever, but he hadn't paid too much attention to his surroundings, much like a rather colorful person wandering around who had bright blue hair.

He blinked a few times to try to get the impression out of his eyes. Perhaps he also should've gotten more than five hours of sleep staring at his computer screen, but the code wasn't going to write itself, after all.

Grumbling under his breath, he kicked at a few rocks before heading over to the fellow who now sat, looking some kind of worried. Hamish dug through his backpack, managing to pull out a map that New Rome must have sent out at some time, and saw where orientation was labeled.

Thankfully it actually was just a few buildings down from this location, so he figured he'd give the good news to the poor dude.

"Uh, hey, I'm just assuming things, but I'm pretty sure orientation is headed in that direction," Hamish said, pointing at his map before pointing again in the right way. "Hope that helps."
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

Excuse me I have never *lied* about a character I just don't tell the truth
— AceassinOfTheMoon