415 Reviews

Reviews: 415
Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:36 am
View Likes
keystrings says...

All that was lost.png

✣ -- ✣

BACKSTORY

The area of Maback had been peaceful for quite a few years, but few forgot the wars against the goblins and wizards. From that day on, every home flew a feather of some kind outside their door since that was the symbol of their very own army and many had perished during the battles.

A select few villagers come across various feathers during their typical activities with little or no instructions and only an innate sense of where to meet as one group. There, they all are given a task to defeat the apparent dragon that had stolen from the overseer’s office the night before.

Equipped with little else than their supplies, food, and water, and the knowledge that they all somehow knew each other before – regardless from suspicious thoughts or real visions of a different life, the group is understandably concerned as to what this means for them.

That’s up to them to find out what their life really is or was. And what they can to do to get back to their somehow true previous lives. But that was easier said than done when having to face dragons, goblins, wizards, and uncertainty, not necessarily in that order.

Plus, it didn’t help that knowing little about each other only increased the suspicion everyone held towards each other. Their sole goal was to get out of this situation and be back to their normal situations, or perhaps, they also want to learn about their human lives in the real world - but neither can happen unless they finish the tasks.

And that'll require each and every one of them.

✣ -- ✣

INFORMATION

Spoiler! :
The CP is divided into two parts – both in-game and out-game, or real life. However, the real-life portion will only come into play if we get far enough into the campaign. The more important section at the beginning is the entirety of the character inside the game. If there are some elements you haven’t worked out yet for the real human side of them, it’s okay to leave them out or add to them later, such as working with another SBer and making your characters real-life siblings or friends, for example.

Overall, this SB is going to be a modified-ish version of D&D as the characters originally had been playing a similar make-up-a-campaign board game before being sent inside and trapped there. Thus, I will be using a few of the sheets/helpers to develop the characters, without the dice rolling and true application of attributes and such. I'll leave it up to you as much as you'd like to stick to typical D&D rules - linking to how many coins people would really have to buy great armor or weapons, or that a half-ogre could charm their way through to a lesser crime.

Using your imagination can be a great thing XD. I'm not too confident in my skills to keep this strictly based on the original board game, so I will be trying to be able to move things along in this campaign I've started to develop.

✣ -- ✣

CHARACTER PROFILES

Spoiler! :
As a guide, these links: D&D Races and D&D Classes have all of the possible races or classes your character can be - to start, please stick to the regular ones found under the first header called The Player's Handbook.

If there's a really obscure one you want we can definitely discuss the possibility, but I haven't been involved with anything related to D&D in quite some time, so I can't guarantee I'll know how to keep characters from becoming OP.

Just copy and paste everything in the code section down below! ^^ Also, delete all of the info in parenthesis once submitting your CP! Thanks.

Code: Select all
[center] ✣ -- ✣ [i]IN GAME[/i] ✣ -- ✣ [/center]

[b]Name: [/b] 

[b]Gender/Sexuality: [/b] 

[b]Race/Appearance: [/b](for acceptable list of races, see D&D sheets or the link above in the spoiler, and please include normal clothing/style)

[b]Alignment:[/b] (meaning, choose between lawful/neutral/chaotic and good/neutral/evil. Neutral/neutral turns into true neutral.)

[b]Class: [/b](for acceptable list of classes, see D&D sheets, or the link above)

[b]Personality: [/b](including strengths/weaknesses)

[b]Inventory: [/b](including weapons, any spell books, magical objects, and where this stuff is actually stored in, i.e., bag)

[b]History: [/b](include current job/location, can make other characters friends/foes)

[b]Animals: [/b](in case any animal/creature happened to adopt you, or pertaining to your chosen class)

[b]Feather: [/b](as a way to unite the group in more than their memory loss, pick whatever kind of bird you want, and decide what the feather means to your character)

[b]Extra: [/b] 

[center]✣ -- ✣ [i]OUT GAME[/i] ✣ -- ✣[/center]

[b]Name: [/b] 

[b]Age: [/b](will be older than 21+, as have been in-game for three years and were a college board game club)

[b]History: [/b](will be discovered as memories are slowly recovered)

[b]Appearance: [/b] 

(More can be added later) 

name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

There’s always a story. It’s all stories, really. The sun coming up every day is a story. Everything’s got a story in it. Change the story, change the world.
— Terry Pratchett