z

Young Writers Society

The Alter Egos Origin Story (Newer Version)

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:35 pm
LakeOfCancer says...

Pollution stood in the background, waiting for Lake to fall asleep. Her mind was racing, she had no idea where to go, she didn't want to come back here...it was a living Hell, and she had been in Hell before. Lake had turned off the lights in her room, reading a book that had caught her attention not that long ago.

Pollution watched as Lake turned the page in her book. It was agonizing, being here, if only she could do something...anything...

Maybe she could...

No, she was her creator, she couldn't kill her, but what if she hurt her...?

As Lake turned another page, Pollution made her move. She pounced on Lake and grabbed her left arm, twisting it backwards until she heard a SNAP come from her bones. She smiled at her sweetly, Lake crying in pain.

"Sweet dreams..."

She ran for the door, running out and heading for the nearest River in sight to relax. Maybe to find someone else to hide with...
If I had known I would die, I would've lived my life...

"In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back."

~Charlie Brown

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:53 pm
DeerInBacPac says...

Grim snapped his head toward E.E.

"We ran out of cocoa!" He screeched. His hands were spasming while his eye sockets looked crazed.

"Well, Lake might-" Fluma paused, feeling a sharp pain in her chest.

"I will personally kill POLLUTION I SWEAR!!" Fluma screeched and dragged Grim with her to go to Lake.

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:57 pm
LakeOfCancer says...

Lake writhed in pain, her arm bent at a sickening angle, provoking her to scream more. Lake was home alone, no one would be able to hear her, save her, no one would help her. She was alone in agonizing pain.

Her room, lit up in stars, became dull. The projections of blue and green and red stars seemed to become a dull gray. Lake looked down at her arm, her left arm, which she used just as much as the right, was the victim of the attack.

Thoughts ran through her mind. Faster than the speed of light.

Should I fix it? No, that would make it worse. Should I get my phone? Call E.E.? She wouldn't pick up, she's probably asleep. Ya know what!? This is bull, I will fix it!

And Lake did, but she got nervous, butterflies flying around rapidly in her stomach, bouncing around in her head were more thoughts of consequences. But she barely heard them over her own screams.

After finally ignoring the consequences and focusing on the pain, she gently put her long fingers around her wrist and pulled.

A loud, snap resounded throughout the whole room, slightly making Lake gag at the sound.

A creak sounded through the entire house, making Lake freeze in her place, then ignoring the pain of her more damaged arm, crawled under her covers. Tears streaming down her face, each tear a hopeful wish that whoever, or whatever was in the house, would leave and not touch her.

The creaks got louder and eventually stopped right outside the door. She could hear the shallow breaths of this thing. It was becoming more and more apparent that this 'thing' was a person.

Lake closed her eyes tight, hoping this was a dream that she could wake up from. And then, she heard the most hopeful thing ever. Someone who she was glad to find her in a time like this.

"Lake?"

It was E.E..
If I had known I would die, I would've lived my life...

"In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back."

~Charlie Brown

This is a house of homes, a sacred place, by human passion made divinely sweet.
— Alfred Joyce Kilmer