z

Young Writers Society

Alter Egos

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:51 pm
View Likes
LakeOfCancer says...

Pollution stood in the background, waiting for Lake to fall asleep. Her mind was racing, she had no idea where to go, she didn't want to come back here...it was a living Hell, and she had been in Hell before. Lake had turned off the lights in her room, reading a book that had caught her attention not that long ago.

Pollution watched as Lake turned the page in her book. It was agonizing, being here, if only she could do something...anything...

Maybe she could...

No, she was her creator, she couldn't kill her, but what if she hurt her...?

As Lake turned another page, Pollution made her move. She pounced on Lake and grabbed her left arm, twisting it backwards until she heard a SNAP come from her bones. She smiled at her sweetly, Lake crying in pain.

"Sweet dreams..."

She ran for the door, running out and heading for the nearest River in sight to relax. Maybe to find someone else to hide with
If I had known I would die, I would've lived my life...

"In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back."

~Charlie Brown

125 Reviews

Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:21 am
LakeOfCancer says...

@Flumadiddle @emolemon @DemonGoddess and anyone else who has alter egos, come here friends!!!!! We wait...

~Charlie Brown

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:39 am
View Likes
lemonboi says...

Okay, I'm working on the character creator and writing an essay sooo...
give me a little while

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:26 am
View Likes
DeerInBacPac says...

Grim snapped his head toward E.E.

"We ran out of cocoa!" He screeched. His hands were spasming while his eye sockets looked crazed.

"Well, Lake might-" Fluma paused, feeling a sharp pain in her chest.

"I will personally kill POLLUTION I SWEAR!!" Fluma screeched and dragged Grim with her to go to Lake.

125 Reviews

Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:14 pm
View Likes
LakeOfCancer says...

Lake writhed in pain, her arm bent at a sickening angle, provoking her to scream more. Lake was home alone, no one would be able to hear her, save her, no one would help her. She was alone in agonizing pain.

Her room, lit up in stars, became dull. The projections of blue and green and red stars seemed to become a dull gray. Lake looked down at her arm, her left arm, which she used just as much as the right, was the victim of the attack.

Thoughts ran through her mind. Faster than the speed of light.

Should I fix it? No, that would make it worse. Should I get my phone? Call E.E.? She wouldn't pick up, she's probably asleep. Ya know what!? This is bull, I will fix it!

And Lake did, but she got nervous, butterflies flying around rapidly in her stomach, bouncing around in her head were more thoughts of consequences. But she barely heard them over her own screams.

After finally ignoring the consequences and focusing on the pain, she gently put her long fingers around her wrist and pulled.

A loud, snap resounded throughout the whole room, slightly making Lake gag at the sound.

A creak sounded through the entire house, making Lake freeze in her place, then ignoring the pain of her more damaged arm, crawled under her covers. Tears streaming down her face, each tear a hopeful wish that whoever, or whatever was in the house, would leave and not touch her.

The creaks got louder and eventually stopped right outside the door. She could hear the shallow breaths of this thing. It was becoming more and more apparent that this 'thing' was a person.

Lake closed her eyes tight, hoping this was a dream that she could wake up from. And then, she heard the most hopeful thing ever. Someone who she was glad to find her in a time like this.

"Lake?"

It was E.E..
Last edited by LakeOfCancer on Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

~Charlie Brown

29 Reviews

Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:31 pm
View Likes
lemonboi says...

Shay is like a copy of her creator, Angel. Angel can't get rid of Shay, and she didn't mean to create Shay, but it just happened. Now Shadow won't go away, and she really does live up to her name, because it's 24/7 that Shadow whispers threats, hate, and nightmares into Angel's ears. She knows Angel doesn't like to be called by her birth name so whenever Angel's alone Shay likes to whisper the name in her ear too. Shay doesn't know if she wants to leave Angel's side yet though, it's fun to taunt and remind Angel of things she doesn’t want to remember and make her believe she hates certain people, but... what if there was more? Sometimes this life could get a little boring...
"They won't let you go," I was whispering in her ear. "They're going to chase you and chase you, until your blood quenches their hunger. Oh, they've already gotten into the room! You look so pathetic, you know, sitting on the floor of the bathroom. Of course th--"
Her eyes shot open and she sat straight up. "Stop it, Shadow." She got up and went to her desk to open her laptop. "Shay, it's one in the morning. You had to give me a nightmare at one in the morning?" She shut the laptop, irritated and took a trip to the bathroom.

I just shrug, following her and sitting on the sink counter. I look at myself in the mirror. "I got bored, you sleep like a cow and there was nothing else to do."

"I do not sleep like a cow." She said, while the she moved toward me to wash her hands.

"You do," I said lazily. "Look, this place is so boring, why don't we go to the river and do something."

She looked at me suspiciously. "What are we going to do at a river at one in the morning?"

I slipped off the counter and followed her back to her room. "Let's just go." I said, my red eyes flashing.
"Shay..." she looked at me hesitantly. But I knew her weaknesses all too well, and I gave her a flashback of something definitely painful. "Fine."

I melted back into her shadow as she packed a bag. "What do you need a bag for?" She held up her MP3 player and then put it in the bag. "Oh." It was not something that I understood all the time, but she always had it on her, even if it was dead. "And what about food?" She glared at me. "What?"

"Kitchen," she said simply. I knew that, and I also knew that she hated sneaking around at night, so of course I got close to her ear and whispered, "Who knows what will happen out there? You already decided to go, and you know you need the food." So easy to manipulate. I gave her another flashback and she started to the kitchen. "Stop, Shay. Just stop for a minute." she whispered back.

When we were both back in her room, she double checked everything and I rolled my eyes. "Let's go!"

"Okay." She pushed the glass to the window up and stuck her lower body out. I smirked. "What?" she asked, and I pushed. Don't worry, she lives in a one story, so I didn't do much damage, although I might have smashed a bag of chips in the bag. She got up and I hopped out next to her.

We made it to the river and she sat down next to the water. "What now?" She looked up, but before she said anything else, she screamed at something behind me. I turned and saw... a grim reaper?

206 Reviews

Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:43 pm
View Likes
DeerInBacPac says...

"Grim, I need to you to hold Lake's arm while I mend it." E.E said.

Grim hustled over, Lake having a look of sheer happiness and relief.

E.E put her hands over lakes arm, her eyes glowing a gold color.

29 Reviews

Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:46 pm
View Likes
lemonboi says...

I noticed more figures behind the grim reaper and sneak a little closer, beckoning Angel to come. She was violently shaking her head. I rolled my eyes and then flashed them red until she came quietly trotting along beside me. We spied on the group, her with fear, me with curiosity.

206 Reviews

Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:41 pm
View Likes
DeerInBacPac says...

"Lake, I need you too relax." E.E told her while her eyes glowed more. Her being more and more tense meant that the healing would take longer.

Grim tapped E.E shoulder, beckoning behind him. She pushed him away, Lakes arm healed enough that he didn't have to hold it.

Grim shook his head, beckoning for Lemon to come over.

29 Reviews

Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:57 pm
View Likes
lemonboi says...

Angel stepped out and we remembered that they still only knew her as Lemon-- they didn't even know me at all. I stayed hidden behind the tree as she walked over and said, "Oh my gosh! Is that Lake? Is she okay?" She knelt down next to Lake and I shifted my position as quietly as I could from behind a tree. Snap No! I lifted my foot from the broken tree branch.

206 Reviews

Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:16 am
View Likes
DeerInBacPac says...

"BOTH of you. Over here. Now." Grim shouted as E.E worked.

29 Reviews

Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:08 am
View Likes
lemonboi says...

"Damn it." I step out from the shadows and put my hands in my hoodie pockets. I looked down, because well, first impressions matter. My black hair flops over any chance of seeing my eyes and I make my posture semi-threatening.

206 Reviews

Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:15 am
View Likes
DeerInBacPac says...

"Your not threatening anyone. Now get over here for christ sake!" E.E spits while she finishes lakes wound.

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:04 pm
Danni88 says...

((May I join?))
Mmm, teatime. I fancy reviews and chips.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx

Queen Danni of Awesomeland x

206 Reviews

Memories, left untranslated, can be disowned; memories untranslatable can become someone else’s story.
— YiYun Li