z

Young Writers Society

The S.S.Y.W.S.

561 Reviews

Reviews: 561
Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:31 pm
View Likes
Atticus says...

"I'm going with @DemonGoddess," MJ announced. "None of you seem to care enough to give me proper treatment." She turned around and followed the swarm of minions following @DemonGoddess. "Hey! Wait for me! I'll help you!"

@DemonGoddess paused. "What's in it for me?"

"I'm good at bailing water out." A pause. "And reading." Another pause. "That's pretty much it."

@DemonGoddess looked her over. "I don't need anyone to do that." She turned and started to walk away.

"Wait!" MJ yelled. "I'm good company! I promise! I don't really talk that much. Except for when I'm sad. When I'm sad, nothing helps you like a good talk. There's something about the power of just verbal communication. Well, that and writing. Writing helps a lot too, but it's not as fun. Hearing your words is fun. And fascinating. Isn't it mind-blowing that we can just make sounds and people understand it? I wonder why animals can't do that. Or can they? I've always wondered about that."

@DemonGoddess turned back around. "Don't you want to stay with your friends?"

"They're not nearly as cool as you."

@DemonGoddess let a smile spread across her face. "You mean it?"

"Yeah!" MJ replied enthusiastically. "I do! Really, and truly, and honestly, and promisingly. Or whatever the adverb of promise is. Is there an adverb form of that? There should be a part of speech for every word. That would make life a lot easier, and a lot more complicated. It would be hard to remember that many words, don't you think?"

"I think that they need you here," @DemonGoddess said bluntly.

"I don't think so," MJ responded, whirling. "@Steggy, do you need me?"
[he/him]

"tiktok and giving children meth are my passions" ~ @ShadowVyper
"carinas long foretold chaos protege" ~ @veeren
"smol bean, future of chaos" ~ @carina

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:57 pm
zaminami says...

DG was unsure. "@MJTucker doesn't talk much" her foot. She rambled a lot, DG had noticed. She should probably go now before MJ could catch up to her.

DG prepares the spell, taking the vial from earlier out of her pocket and dips her finger in it to draw a pentagram in the air. MJ didn't notice, too busy to get @Steggy to notice her and answer.

She doesn't hesitate. Although MJ thought that she was happy and that she had her self-esteem booted, she really wasn't.

DG's always been a good actress.
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:39 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

Now it was Lady Lizz or first mate Lizz or whatever silly title that adorned the front of her name, pacing up an down the cabin of the Green Room. Just moments before, he had jumped back on the SSYWS, leaving her and the pirates to run the ship. Among the bunch was the before mentioned SB minions whose names do not need to be stated for those actually following along.
"Who else has turned to the dark side and joined Darth @Lumi?"
Goon #1 and #2 were both silent, so she turned to the android, the one she has christened Will Robinson, instead.
"Poor unfortunate souls
In pain, in need--

"Could you possibly be more specific tha--?"
The bot started singing before the question could be finished.
"This one longing to be thinner
That one wants to get the girl
And do I help them?
Yes, indeed
Those poor unfortunate souls
So sad, so true
They come flocking to my cauldron
Crying, "Spells, Ursula, please!"
And I help them
Yes I do.
"
"That's it. Who has been teaching the bots Disney musicals? Again, really? Did we really need to have this discussion twice?"
Still the bot kept singing and the SBers sat there in a not so innocently manner, before casually throwing @BlueAfrica under the bus.
"@TheSilverFox, I don't care which ship you're on, get over here and throw this bot in the brig."

The mod whose name was equivalent to a metallic covered canine, popped into sight with a small green room beast, that kind of resembled a fox. And just as she started to question him over this pet, there were two splashes in the water below, two forms making their way back to one of the oppositions ships. Silv looked down at the escapees and then back at Lizz.
"I think they're making a break for it."
"Oh really? I thought they were just making laps around the bathtub for the heck of it."
"You don't have to be sarcastic. Plus there must be lots of crew left that Lumi assembled. He's been working on this secret project for months."
"What were you doing when I summoned you?"
"Pineapple."
"Oh. In Gen Lit, our panic words have two levels, kittens and ice cream."

While they stood at the window, several other members jumped ship including @fortis and @Pompadour. Beside them, two new GR ships were spawned, almost like how you would describe new demons being created. In this case the souls were taken from a dinghy and a canoe on the other side. This begs the question of who actually would take a canoe into battle with a pirate ship but also where has the captain of that craft gone?

Painted on the side of the dinghy was a faded lettering, the readable bits spelling out Falc, leading the possible members to two. But it was not @Falconrygirl9068, for @Hattable had called up from the decks moments ago that he had spotted her. He had spotted everyone from uYWS, with the idea in mind that they could form a new ship and get out of there in time.
If it wasn't this individual, then the pilot must have been @Querencia. The mystery of who controlled the canoe would continue to be a mystery, at least for the time being.

"Send two bots and two members on a search for those two people."
"Who would you like?"
"@Crysi and @AlexSushiDog."
"Are you sure about that pairing?"
"Completely."

Then she walked over to the desk, taking a bundle of tea stained paper out of the chest of drawers, and used a bit of magic to create a business card. It was tucked inside an envelope with a letter addressed to @Lauren2010 and @Iggy, stating something simple along the lines of: "kittens. ice cream. high noon. snoink's cafe."
Robinson looked over her shoulder.
"Are you sure you want to jump storybooks?"
"Yes. I've never been so sure of anything else this hour."

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:28 pm
View Likes
BluesClues says...

BlueAfrica continued to ignore the hubbub of piracy, souls, and battles. Her legs were seriously cramping up, but she hoped @LadyLizzLovelace wouldn't notice her hiding under that desk. The moment the room was empty, she was going to get right back to teaching various bots every Disney song she knew.

Random avatar

Reviews: 223
Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:35 am
View Likes
Mathy says...

A ripple in spacetime appeared before Alex, appearing as a blast of white and blue light. Serene music began to play out of the blue light, and with its disappearance, two characters of great power appeared.

"Wisdom is ready."

"Courage is ready!"

They were Courage and Wisdom, two of the three Elder Spirits that govern the nature of reality.

"Alex..."

"What happened?!?!"
ZeldaIsSheik

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:20 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

And still somehow the battle raged on, even though many users had returned to their daily habits. The ships were disappearing and far away in a bunker, Nate was probably considering his chances for survival if he left said bunker. However none of this concerned the human crew members of the Green Room, most of whom were playing out a game of Animal Memes. Usually they would have called it "Ultimate Battle Animal Memes" but that just seemed in poor taste, with an actual battle happening outside.

@StormCloud got up from the table and walked over to the window on the port side.
"Should we go out and check on them?"
@Castor laid down another hamster meme from the fine hand they were forming.
"Nah. The bots have it under control. And really what harm can they do?"
"Nothing." Lovelace stepped out of the shadows very dramatically to say this. She now wore a long captain's coat, high boots, a feather hat and a good bit of gold. The transformation to review pirate was complete. She moved over to the center table in the captain's quarters, in a way that could only be described as a strut, and stated once more, "there's nothing to worry about.

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:39 am
View Likes
Rydia says...

Captain Usurper Overlord Rydia

"Some of the ships are banding together," Rydia mused as she peered through the spy glass and absently handed the wireless helm off to @Lava.

"That's bad... right?" Lava checked. "I mean I still haven't read all the rules of the game yet but that sounds pretty bad." She tilted the portable wheel toward herself to get a better look at it and the tip of the ship lifted out of the water so she quickly lowered it again.

"It's a flying ship," Rydia explained. "But I don't like to tell everyone. They might think I'm not a real pirate if I go around saying that my ship doesn't have to sail on the water."

"Oh. Right. So what is this game anyway?" Lava asked, holding the wheel very gingerly out before her.

"I don't think there's a name for it yet but we're aiming for total storybook dominion and that's my domain," Rydia explained. "So instead of fighting the ghost ship full of bad guys, I'm collecting an army to take down @Feltrix and @KiraThePotatoChip."

"Makes sense."

The two moderators stood staring at the other ships for a little longer before Rydia's newest messengers @Danni88 and @Jashael ran up to them with a message. Most people didn't understand that delivering a message properly required two people but Rydia was smarter than most people and she knew that even if there were distractions along the way - like blood thirsty pirates or chocolate cake - at least one of the messengers would make it through.

"We have a message from First Mate @Lumi!" Danni88 declared. "He's found another ship we might be able to capture! There's one with @AlexOfLight and @ZeldaIsShiek on board and apparently they have lots of courage and wisdom too."

"Sounds promising," Rydia agreed.

"There's another part." Jashael turned the piece of paper over and read out the words out loud: "Sorry Captain, I've dropped my yphone overboard so I'll have to send all my messengers this way for now. I think it's great that you're building an army but I dropped my yphone overboard and I really think we should pay some attention to the ghost ship. You see, I dropped my ypone overboard and I was using that to control the killer robots I accidentally borrowed."

"What does it mean?" Lava wondered. "It's definitely written in code, right? He's not really saying that there are any killer bots on a ghost ship... right?"

Rydia stared out to sea and with a heavy sigh she put on her Captain's hat. "Change course. Head for the ghost ship."

There was a moment of silence as nobody did anything and then Rydia very pointedly looked at the wireless helm in Lava's hands and coughed softly. Lava cautiously turned the helm to the left and the ship bumped into a smaller ship. With a sigh, Rydia took the wheel back and they all headed to the port side to see who they'd crashed into.

"This is what happens when you steer left instead of port," @MJTucker affirmed. "By the way, did you know @DemonGoddess is no longer on board? We should really go beg her to come back if we have to fight killer robots."
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

Random avatar

Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:52 am
View Likes
Mathy says...

ZeldaIsShiek came out from (insert convenient place here) to join the fight. "@AlexOfLight! Where are you? I heard your call and I came here!" ZeldaIsShiek was a computerized replica of his real-life self coming through the forum and through this Quick Reply into the story. His real self could control it by writing its movements through the story. "Courage, Wisdom, help me find @AlexOfLight!"

"Got it. I'll do all I can!" A blinding blue light shone from Wisdom's flute, creating music and energy that would find her quickly.

"Alright, then! Let's do this!" Courage charged into (insert convenient location) to find @AlexOfLight without magic.
ZeldaIsSheik

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:16 am
AlexOfLight says...

Alex facepalmed. She then teleported @ZeldaIsShiek into the ship.
Everything is awesome! Including owls, swords, and revenge :twisted: !

Random avatar

Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:29 am
Mathy says...

ZeldaIsShiek was gone. He was immediately teleported to the ship next to @AlexOfLight. "O-oh, h-hi, Alex! We were searching for you. You called for us, right?"

Courage and Wisdom beamed up beside ZeldaIsShiek.
ZeldaIsSheik

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:55 pm
View Likes
Feltrix says...

@KiraThePotatoChip's ship fell without a struggle, mostly because Kira hadn't posted anything since he created the ship and so didn't struggle much as the Feltrixs overran the galley. Kira was left tied to the mast of the ship that Feltrix had abandoned. The new ship was so big twenty more Feltrixs had to be summoned to crew it. As Feltrix stood at the helm, the plate bearing the ship's name changed from The Black King to The Harbinger.

Captain Feltrix stood at the helm, looking at all the other ships. Captain @Rydia had piloted her ship towards another vessel that seemed to be crewed by killer robots and ghosts. @AlexOfLight and @ZeldaIsShiek were doing... something. Feltrix was unsure of what they were doing, really.

"Should we attack @DemonGoddess?" 2017 Feltrix asked the Captain.

"No, not yet," he replied. "She's gone missing. Anyway, today is her birthday. It would be rude. But we will have to attack the ghost ship. If we don't deal with it now, it could cause problems later."

"I thought Rydia had the ghost ship problem under control," 2017 asked.

"Yes, you'd think there would only be the one ghost ship crewed by killer robots, wouldn't you?" the Captain said. He nodded towards the horizon where a fleet of at least twenty more ghost ships was bearing down on the squabbling YWSers.

"Oh, grix," 2017 swore. "This is going to be a pain to deal with."
Intrepid Explorer
Squire of the Green Room
Harbinger of the Cosmic Squid
Brief Castaway
Founder of Hermits United
TIME Magazine's 2006 Person of the Year
Dark Matter Overlord
Kind of a Big Deal

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:20 pm
View Likes
AlexOfLight says...

Alex got a gang plank and made a bridge to her ship for @ZeldaIsShiek.

"Yep, @Lumi summoned a bunch of ships, and I think we should sink them. I have a Shakespearean insult canon on the ship. The words can really sink ships."
Everything is awesome! Including owls, swords, and revenge :twisted: !

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:47 pm
zaminami says...

@DemonGoddess sits on her ship, ordering around her minions.

@MJTucker and @Saruka are beamed onto the ship. "Happy birthday!" they sang.

DG looks up. "Um... thanks? I guess?"

MJ smiles. "Duh, obviously! Now can we come on and be in your crew?"

DG thinks. "How 'bout no."
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:04 pm
View Likes
KiraThePotatoChip says...

"Y'know it is a bit presumptuous to think that simply because I didn't post for some time, that my ship would fall so easily. Granted, I don't like it terribly, I kind of rushed its creation, but that's beside the point," said Kira, phasing through his bonds. "I wouldn't quite be so offended, but you also commented on wanting me on your side. Just because I don't answer for a while doesn't mean you should take over the bloody thing. Also... erm, what would that be over there?" Kira asked @Feltrix, pointing to a looming mass in the distance.

"Oh that, well that's an Unmaker," replied the multidimensional being. Kira sighed, walking to the very tip of the ship.

"So, it's not a ship, that's all well and good. At least @Rydia wont want to immediately kill it," muttered Kira, swiping his hand down, blasting lightning at the beast. "By the hand of the Void, will of the Creation, Release the Seal of the Black King, for the God's will die this day!" growled Kira, leaping from the bow of the ship, into the null space of the proverbial ocean.

"The Parallel Seal has been broken, the Black King has entered the conflict," boomed a deep, robotic voice from the heavens. Swirling in empty space sat the Black King, now a mass of shadow and crimson.

"Despite our differences, I might suggest dealing with this...thing before continuing. Though, if you want to carry on your merry way like pirates, you may very well do so. Just don't come crying when I cleanse this Realm."
Bisexual Disaster, Master Stroke of a human being, may or may not incite a revolution.

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:22 am
View Likes
Feltrix says...

All the Fetlrixs turned to watch the apocalypse come. They were pretty sure it was an apocalypse, but @KiraThePotatoChip's post had been a little vague. Still, if there was an apocalypse on the way and they got really lucky, they might get to use the word 'apocalopodes,' which cheered the crew up greatly. That was good news. And Kira had finally posted. Also good news. He didn't even try to take back the ship, which was considerate. Maybe he would be willing to brush all this ship raiding stuff under the rug and join the crew. Of course, the bad news was that it seemed Kira couldn't get through a post without prompting the end of the world. @DemonGoddess would probably be happy. This was right up her alley.

"We should probably do something about this, shouldn't we?" one Feltrix asked another.

"Uh-huh," replied the second.

"We're not going to, are we?"

"Nope."

There was a brief pause. "We're going to do something now, right?"

"Of course."

Captain Feltrix set aside a group of Feltrixs to try to determine what exactly was going on, what with all the ghost ships and a possible end to the world and maybe even getting to use 'apocalopodes' in context other than explaining that the word 'apocalopodes' could be used.

The Captain gave the horizon a stoic and slightly cliché stare. "Kira, Kira, Kira," he said. "What did you get us into?"
Intrepid Explorer
Squire of the Green Room
Harbinger of the Cosmic Squid
Brief Castaway
Founder of Hermits United
TIME Magazine's 2006 Person of the Year
Dark Matter Overlord
Kind of a Big Deal

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.
— Robert Frost