590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:06 am
Mageheart says...

Contracted
[Your destiny is set in stone.]

This Halloween, everything changed.

You went to that haunted house for kicks. You all mocked it, thinking that the rumors surrounding the Manor were just old stories from a time long ago. You could have never guessed that the things that go bump in the night called it their home. The legends said that you didn't come back out once you step foot inside. And you shouldn't have, on that cold fall night. They should have found your body inside the wicked old place – or what was left of it. You should have become a name on a slab of stone.

But here you are, alive.

A choice was made for you as your life bled out on those wooden floors that night. You regret that “choice” you were given, for you had no say in the matter. But now your soul is bound to a person of tragedy and sin, and you fear for what that means. A contract was whispered in the Devil's voice as the stars shone above the Manor that moonless night. Your fates are now forever entwined, and you hate him for that. You've been brought into a world that you never wanted to part of it. Magic has become a part of your life that you cannot ignore, though you desperately try to.

For the supernatural roam the streets of Proctorville, and the Devil walks the halls of its high school.

[The Athlete]
Steggy
[The Musician]
DemonGoddess
[The Bookworm]
Wolfical
[The Gamer]
Sheytato
[The Student]
HazelGrace16
[The Anime Fan]
KaiRyu
[The Chef]
Strident
The YouTuber
Lumi
[The Artist]
saentiel

mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:09 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

[The Artist]

Luke Blythe

He crouched next to his subject and readjusted his lens so it brought the marigold back into focus. Its brilliant color was striking against the backdrop of fallen leaves. He heard one crunch underneath his foot as he moved a bit to the left. Keeping his camera steady, he took the shot. He took another just in case the first hadn't captured its beauty the way that he had wanted it to. He made a move to get up, only to hear voices from nearby.

He was in Proctorville's park, so that in itself shouldn't have been suspicious. It was the hushed tones in a park that was nearly deserted that made him stay where he was. There was no need for being quiet. The only person there besides them was himself, and he was only taking pictures.

He took another picture of the marigold.

“We'll be in the usual meeting place,” a woman said. Her tone was both clipped and passionate. It was an interesting contrast, though he was more interested in what followed. As the sun began to come out from behind a cloud, he heard a pained hiss and the sound of the woman pulling her hood up.

He snapped a shot of the leaves behind the marigold.

Her comment was met with silence.

“I forgot,” the woman said with a chuckle that made his grip on his camera tighten. “You're new. We'll meet at 13 Willow Avenue. We'll be discussing our plans, so don't come after nine tomorrow. Lydia hates those who are late.”

For the first time in the conversation, the other person spoke. They were young and male, most likely only recently out of high school. “We'll take this town out of the hands of those nasty humans soon enough.”

The woman laughed once more. “That's the spirit!”

Luke sighed as he got to his feet. Why did Halloween have to be such a popular time for monsters to gather and scheme about destroying humans? He had been hoping to spend tomorrow with his friends, but the possibility of that happening was just as unlikely as it had been last year.

✧ ✧ ✧

The yawning devil in his reflection still managed to look terrifying. Though the black suit and tie were most likely responsible, he felt as if the rest of his appearance was at fault as well. He quickly began to utter the words to the first of many spells. It was a regular part of his routine, though he rushed through it every day. The sooner that Luke Blythe appeared in the mirror, the better.

The red horns disappeared from his curls of black hair. His eyes faded to a beautiful shade of blue, and his tail ceased peeking out from behind him. The suit also hung off of his now smaller form, but he quickly remedied that with yet another spell.

As a final touch, his suit became an almost blinding shade of white. He grabbed the pair of wings he had spent the last month working on and put them on his shoulders. When he nestled the halo into his hair, a smile that lacked fangs appeared on his face. He knew that his costume would be met with awe – he preferred that over cries of terror.

Since his house was next to the school, he walked over. As expected, people complimented him on his costume. None were surprised by the amount of detail that had gone into the homemade wings. He was one of the most artistic students in the entire school, and Halloween always brought with it stunningly realistic costumes.

His friends were already waiting at the front gates of the school. He ran over to join them, greeting the eight other juniors. They had a diverse assortment of costumes. His eyes lingered on Kara's. It reminded him too much of a reality he could never ignore, but he didn't draw attention to it.

“Your costumes all look amazing,” he said as they entered the school together. Similar compliments and words of gratitude were shared among the friends, but not much was said. It was only seven in the morning, and the majority of them were still half-asleep.

As they arrived at their section of lockers, his mind wandered back to the conversation he had overheard the day before. What could the group possibly be planning? And if he wasn't able to stop it when he interrupted their meeting, would he be able to at all?

Worrying isn't going to get me anywhere, he reminded himself.

Besides, I doubt they'll be able to defeat Lucifer.
mage

queer and here.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:41 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

Camera: on. “Okay, so that was a total disaster. But you know what we do with disasters when we’re really butterflies and not ass-ugly caterpillars? We,” with a hair flip, “brush it off our wings!” Andy swiveled his camera around to grab Luke in the shot. “Lukie du jour, would you mind a spoiler about tonight’s festivities?” Sip of water. Chug of water. Straight throat of water.

“Sure, Andy. I’d love one.” Fidgeting in front of the camera, what a sinful man.

“It’s like my sweet old grampa used to say to me as a boy, okay?”

“Okay?”

Like whipping a lasso, Andy threw back his head and hollered. “Wine is fine, boy, but liquor is quicker!”

Cassandra came by and sucked her teeth. “I dunno about your plans, Ans.”

“And why not, Sweet Cassandra of my RSVP’d bridal court?”

That card isn’t in the mail yet, and I doubt your plan,” she turned her head each way, “because you’re shouting about it.” She waved as she walked a bit away with one of his pens. Then his camera shut off. Or…had been shut off. “There’s something to learn from villains, Andy!”

“Fuff,” huffed Luke.

“Wuzzat?” asked Andrew.

“Just amazed she could get the best of you, uh, maaaaaan?”

Andy raised his head, proud. “This is about Arthur, isn’t it?”

“Oh heavens no!” backed up Luke.

“I’d say it’s about Arthur,” said Emmanuel. “Word is that his family found out about you and have been forcing him into therapy with Padre Hector.”

Andy was...well, not to call a beesting what it is not, silent as the grave. He thought about going to the senior halls to see Arthur, he thought about going home. There were thoughts in his head that don’t belong in a teenager’s head, but suffice it to say there was agony.

Luke nudged him in the side, smiling kindly. “Maybe your plans will work out...with some help?”
Andy rubbed his eyes clean and fixed his hair to emulate Dylan Marren. “It takes more than banter to bring down a king, you sweet angel. He fluffed his wings and added blush to his cheeks. “You’re looking a bit pale.”

Andy sighed and leaned against the lockers beside Luke. “I know noone here wants to pop my party bubble, but I’m sure someone has a better idea than getting trick-or-treat tipsy in the park.” He looked up to Luke. Then he smiled, whipping a pair of devil horns from his backpack. “Question is...who! Is! It! gonna! Beeeeee---oh…

Everyone turned to Andy.

“I--well, I need to go see a man about a horse, fellas.”

Manny stopped him, grabbing him by the shoulder. “I don’t think it’d be wise to go, hombre.”

“Quite bleedin’ right it’s not,” grumbled Kara. “Black markets pay good money for organs you don’t want, y’know. No reason t’give em out t’people who’ll just trash ‘em when ya back’s turned.”

“You guys are always so brutally honest.” Andy took a breath. “And I’m always brutally honest with you.”

He turned to Cass. “Like the time you tried to wear Ugg boots to a sexy Christmas party.

To Emmanuel. “Or the time you left the group because Kara made a clever Bloody Mary joke.”

And to Luke. “And you. You’ve never been to my house and I know you’re uncomfortable with my sexuality, but you’re still my friend because you’re almost perfect, like you get made from marble every morning.”

Andy shrugged. “We’re all wonderfully flawed and wonderfully adamant about sharing our damnation! If that doesn’t make us friends, nothing does!”
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:53 pm
View Likes
sheysse says...

The sky was dark, with clouds spanning its entirety. Through a thinned portion of the clouds shone the moon, but the film over it dimmed the light that made it to the ground. It was raining, and any minute lightning would strike. And in the middle of this unforgiving night stood Cassandra Hughes, better known as Kitty. She stood on the cracked stone steps of a large mansion, one which was admittedly a standing cliché. If past experiences had taught her anything, it was not to go inside. But with the weather being what it was, she was left with no choice.

The first thing she noticed inside was the heavy concentration of cobwebs. It appeared unnatural, way too overdone. Across from the door was a flight of split-stairs, and she approached them. The entry hall was bare and empty, so there was no reason to stay.

Upstairs she was met with another hall. Lining it were decorative stuffed bears, something Kitty thought of as poor taste. As she continued, the bear statues moved behind her, reaching out for her but never getting close enough. She groaned. As if the mansion wasn't cliché enough, now there were moving statues! At the end of the hall was a heavy wooden door. Kitty reached for the doorknob, but was interrupted by the incessant ringing of a bell.

And then she was back in programming class. Around her, students were finishing up the current assignment—review a peer's horror game—and then packing up for next period. Kitty wrote a red B- on the grading sheet, with the notes reading “too cliché”, and then proceeded to pack up. She hastily followed the stream of children on her way to her next class.

As she made her way to the classroom where the acting elective was held, she met up with Andy, who also was taking the class. “You excited for the totally vague and unspecific Halloween party concept we came up?” he asked excitedly.

“You bet I am,” she responded, grinning.

“I just wish we had an idea as to what we'll actually do at the party. I dunno, just any kind of plan would be nice. We need to do something totally unique, different from all the other parties.”

The two kept walking, considering what they could do for a Halloween party. As they walked down the hallways to class, Kitty was reminded of the halls in the horror game she was playing just minutes before. And then she realized there was the large “haunted” house on Willow Lane. The legends said that you shouldn't step foot inside, or you wouldn't return alive. Obviously the rumors were just that – rumors. But it would make on hell of a Halloween party.

“Hey Andy, what do you say we hold our party in the haunted house on Willow Street? You could record it, too, and I'm sure everyone would go crazy,” she suggested.

Andy's mouth fell open, and he looked at her in astonishment. “That's a GREAT IDEA. KITTY, you are a GENIUS.”

“I know.”

“We need to tell the others this idea immediately!” he said, turning to run off. Kitty grabbed him by the collar and pulled him back to the doorway of the class, which they had arrived at.

“We have class first,” she said, to which he simply sighed. Kitty could tell it was bugging him that he couldn't tell them immediately, and she found a bit of guilty Schadenfreude from this.

As she sat down, her mind wandered to the plans for the party. A celebration in the main hall of the haunted house. Her mouth spread across her face in a grin as she thought of the amazing plan. They would hold this party, ghost stories be damned.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:09 am
View Likes
HazelGrace16 says...

[The Student]

Rhea Moore

Seriously!? A haunted house? And not just any haunted house, but the one on Willow Street?! You’ve got to be kidding me.

Rhea thought to herself as she stared blankly at the text message from Andy in their group chat. She attempted to write three different responses before putting her phone away and going back to the textbook in front of her.

I’ll just let someone else ruin Andy’s perfect Halloween extravaganza. There’s gotta be someone else who isn’t okay with this. Right? I don’t need to be the bad guy.

Just then, the lunch bell rang and students quickly packed up their things racing for the door.

“Miss Moore?” Rhea looked up to her history teacher, Mr. Callahan, who was standing at the front of the classroom. “Could I speak with you for a few minutes after class?”

“Oh-oh yes of course.” She stands and grabs her backpack when the girl that typically sits next to her taps her on the shoulder.

“Hey, your costume looks really fun. I especially like how you got your hair to poof out too.” She giggles while mimicking a mind blown gesture. “Halloween is the best right?”

“Yeah, I guess.” Rhea agrees. The girl almost bounces out of the room as Rhea slowly goes to touch her hair. She hadn’t done anything to it this morning. It was just a little humid today…

Attempting to ignore the thought, Rhea walks up to Mr. Callahan's desk and smiles.

“So Miss Moore, I wanted to catch up on our discussion from last week. I managed to get some pamphlets and documents about the schools best for world history degrees. Here.” Rhea accepts the papers and sighs.

“I can’t accept these.”

“Why? These aren’t first editions, and it's not like they aren’t open to the public.” He chuckles.

“It’s not that Mr. Callahan...It’s just that I don’t think I can go.” She looks down.

“Hmm it’s strange the Rhea Moore I know is not the type to give up. Have you seen her? Because I don’t think she is here right now.” Rhea gives him a light-hearted smile.

“I just wish it were easy.”

“Believe me, Rhea. If everything was easy than you’d have students like Jimmy Smith at the top of the class and not you. You’ve got a world of opportunities ahead of you, and you best take the ones you want.”

“Thanks, Mr. Callahan.”

“Always.” Rhea turns from his desk and heads for the door. “Let me know what you decide Rhea.”

“Okay…” She sighs. The walk to the cafeteria wasn’t a long one, but to Rhea, it always felt like an eternity in those crowded hallways. Self-consciously, Rhea adjusted her lab coat so that it covered her stomach and Einstein t-shirt. She was already tired of sucking in her stomach for today and as she passed a handful of skinny girls walking around in predominantly sexual costumes for a high school she couldn’t help but feel worse.

Halloween sucks.

By the time Rhea made it to the lunch table, Andy and Kitty were already halfway into their Halloween plans presentation. Without saying a word Rhea took her place at the end of the table with her history book and a peanut butter sandwich. It didn’t take long for Emmanuel to come sliding over to the spot in front of her with his nose in a new book.

“Weren’t you reading a James Patterson book just yesterday?” She asks taking another bite of her sandwich.

“Oh yeah.” He looks up. “I finished that one last night.” Rhea coughs.

“Are you serious? It couldn’t have been less than 400 pages.”

“Like you’re one to talk. I once saw you read an entire Hitler biography within a matter of 4 hours.” He chomps down on a carrot.

“That was because I needed to read it for an essay-”

“An essay that was due 2 weeks after the book was handed out.” He interrupts. “Just admit you're a history nerd and we can all go on our way.”

“Well, being a history nerd doesn’t do much to get you into a good chemistry program in college.” She finishes off her sandwich.

“I thought you talked to your parents.”

“I’m still working on it…” Rhea looks down at her lap.

“Rhea-”

“Alright! Enough of the chit-chat down there bookies, and listen up!” Andy waves them over and takes his place at the head of their table. It reminds Rhea of an ancient meeting between knights before going to war. Except that this was nothing like that. Right? “So, here’s the plan for tonight...”
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:38 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Manny did not like Halloween. It was as simple as that.

So when Andy began announcing their plans for the night, he groaned. He had been looking forward to spending a quiet night at a well-lit home with Michael Crichton’s newest book and a bowl of candy on his lap. And once he was finished with that book, he’d reread Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, in honor of his Remus Lupin costume.

He heard Andy say something about a haunted house, but by then he had tuned him out. Manny had already made up his mind: he would stay home that night. He would be safe.

Unwillingly, his eyes lost their focus on the page in front of him and his mind wandered several years back, to Halloween night in eighth grade. He didn’t want to think about it, but flashes of painful images and feelings grabbed hold of him - the silhouette of the schadenfreude mob against the flashing strobe lights and smoke, the glinting pocket knives slicing his Holmes coat to ribbons, neon yellow glow stick juice dribbled into his eyes and mouth… The more he tried to think of something else, the harder it was to concentrate on his book.

Andy clapped gleefully, and Manny looked up, rubbing his eyes.

“It’ll be a Halloween like never before. And it’ll make a dayum good video. You up for this, hombre?”

Manny had zoned out again and was remembering the bitter glow stick burning his tongue when he realized Andy was talking to him. He shook his head. “I’m not going.”

“Aw, don’t let us down again, libro man.” Andy came to Manny’s end of the table and clapped him on the back. “You can be my flashlight guy, alright? Keep it trained on the action when I’m filming, and use it on your book the rest of the time.”

“Sorry, but I think I’ll stay home.”

“And do what? Read. You’ve gotta get some fresh air, hombre, some exercise. You can’t get those things from your books.”

Manny turned a page in his book. “I’m in P.E. and that’s enough for me.”

“Pffft,” Minerva said. She was tapping her fingers on the table impatiently; sitting and talking was too idle a task for her. “You’re going, Manny. You can read any time you want, but tonight is a chance for you to have fun with your friends on Halloween night.”

“I… I don’t know, guys. I’ll think about it.”

“I don’t really want to go either,” Rhea said. “I have a physics test tomorrow.” The typical Hermione, Manny thought.

“Oh, you two,” Minerva said. “Look, I have to change for soccer practice now. I’ll see you guys tonight. Can’t wait!” She cast one last imperative glare at Rhea and Manny. “You’re going. Both of you.” She smiled and left in a flurry of pink cheerleader floof and zombie rot.

Michael the taco was thrilled at the idea of whatever they were doing that night (Manny still wasn’t sure, and didn’t want to ask lest he seem remotely interested in going), and was talking with Andy about his video. They were throwing ideas off of one another, like having taco jumpscares and making a strobe light with flashlights.

“Manny, you’ll be on the lights,” Andy said, “and Amber - you on the camera.”

“And then I’ll be waiting in the shadows of the house,” Mike said.

“Meanwhile it'll look like I’m ghost-hunting.”

“And then… and then… hah!” Michael doubled over laughing. “The taco… I can’t! The taco!”

Andy snorted apple juice from his nose, and they both starting laughing harder. Soon everyone was giggling, except Manny. He was reviewing what they had just said.

“The house? The house? Ghosts? You guys don’t mean the Manor, do you?”

Cassandra, who was the most composed, heard him and answered. “That’s the one, Manny."
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:13 am
View Likes
Steggy says...

Breathlessly, Minerva ran up the steep hill. Her sneakers squeaked against dew on the grass and her arms pumped, propelling her forward. The morning sky wasn't even awake by the time she got the top and the sparkling city lights twinkled like the night sky, below. She enjoyed the view and took out her phone to take a small picture before heading back down. Minerva continued this activity until the morning sun peeked over the hills and glowed brightly over the town. She ran all the way back home and down another steep hill. It was a Monday morning and she had school, meaning she would be late for the fifth time, including last week.
Minerva ran inside her house, quickly saying goodbye to her parents and grabbing a piece of toast before heading outside again and onto her bike. She put the piece of toast in her mouth and rode all the way to school like this. The wind blew through her hair and as she entered the parking lot of the school, Minerva felt her phone vibrate in her pocket. Pulling it, it was a text from a group chat she was placed into that morning. She didn't feel like reading it so she decided to just place it back into her pocket.
The day felt pretty short since most of her classes were flying by. In PE, Minerva became, for the second time that week, top player and highest "kill streak". Most of the boys were envious of her talents while some of her friends would applaud her for doing so. She ended up skipping lunch, when the bell rang, and found most of her best friends, each sitting at a table in the library.
Manny was reading a book, Andy was busy waving his hands around explaining a plan to two other girls, and Cassandra was playing a video game under the table.

She walked over at the farthest end of the table, throwing down her dirty baseball cap before putting her legs on the table. Andy had looked in her direction and smiled.

"Ello, Minnie. Glad you could finally join us," he said. Minerva glared.

"Don't call me that."

Andy shrugged before continuing on with his speech and from picking up from it, Minvera realized it was about the Halloween trek he had been talking about since July. It seemed interesting since ghosts and all that stuff gave Minerva the same adrenline rush as when she was running for soccer and whatnot. She couldn't wait to go inside of a haunted manor and record the ghost sighting inside. And to make it better, it was going to happen on Halloween. Later on, Andy was trying to persuade Manny to go with, who was still reading the book. There was something inside of Minerva that wanted to close the book but her rational side was beginning to prove that was just downright rude. So, instead, she spacily stared off at the book.

Suddenly, her phone alarm went off. Minvera quickly pulled it out of her pocket, then standing up.

"I have to go to soccer practice. I'll see you guys tonight and I want to see both of you, Rhea and Manny, there," she warned before running away. It was a bit cloudy outside but that didn't bother her. Instead, Minerva ran over to the soccer field where the players were already lining up and stretching. Her soccer coach, Mr. Arnold, saw the captain and sighed. He placed the clipboard on his hip and squinted at Minerva as she arrived.

"Why were you late, Miss Conklin?" he asked, ready for the excuse she was going to tell.

Minerva bent down, heaving a big breath before smiling up.

"Meeting with my friends about an activity tonight, sir."

Mr. Arnold nodded and mutttered, "It is Halloween, after all." He then showed Minvera the clipboard. There were x's and o's scattered across and names of certain players throughout.

"I need you to run this game play by Mr. Hanks. I have to leave early since my daughter is having a dance competition and I promised I'd go." Minvera smiled and nodded.

"You can't miss that."

The soccer practice was probably the longest that she had been to. Mr. Hanks, the assistant coach, didn't exactly know what he was doing so Minerva would have to stop playing and go over, explaining the game play. This repeated until the practice was declared over. Everyone was talking about how this Halloween was going to be the bomb and what each person was going to wear. Minvera didn't care for that really as she ran to the bike stand. As she rode away from school, the goosebumps of excitment began to grow as the evening slowly died away.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

Reviews: 1
Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:08 am
View Likes
Strident says...

As Mike got ready for school, he started playing the song Cuxillo by Porter on his phone. His taco costume was relatively easy to put on, so he went downstairs to prepare his lunch. He recently went to a Chinese cooking workshop, so he decided to make chow mein for lunch. He made more than he needed for himself because his friends often asked to have some of his lunch, as well. As for breakfast, he made himself some simple scrambled eggs and toast. Because they are a breakfast staple, Michael has already mastered the art of the scrambled egg, and the breakfast is delicious and filling. His lunch was more experimental, but his friends seemed to always like what he made, so it didn't matter much.

He put his lunch in a plastic container and paper bagged it, throwing a water bottle in there as well. Michael was well aware that disposable water bottles are bad for the environment, but he was in a hurry this morning. He was excited to show his friends his costume; Mike is proud of the taco, and thought that everyone would appreciate his humor. The costume is an homage to his Mexican heritage, and his love of food, and is also hysterical to Mike because of how ridiculous food costumes are. Dressing up for Halloween used to be to make dangerous spirits think you were something alse and leave you alone, but Mike mused that they would take him anyways-- who can turn down a taco?

Michael left his home and began walking to school. He was lost in thought, and he was fine with that. This time, it was tacos. Tacos are one of Mike's favorite Mexican foods to make, and he loves them whether they are made traditionally or not. He doesn't understand all the stigma around 'non-authentic' Mexican food. Food is food, and if it tastes good, it's not insulting to the culture in the slightest. He finds that it's mostly non-Mexican people who are insulted by 'non-authentic' food. How can they know it's disrespectful to Mexican people if they don't have Mexican heritage, themselves? But, he knew he couldn't do much to remedy ignorance.

--

It is lunchtime at school, and Andy filled Michael in on the group's evening plans. It's Halloween, so Mike knew they would be doing something exciting. He feels bad for the people who don't want to participate, but he has confidence that this will be great. Andy's filming a YouTube video, and Mike will be starring in it. The idea of the video is that viewers will think that Andy is doing a ghost hunting video, but Michael will jumpscare the viewers... As a taco! Mike knew that his costume would pay off, and now he and all of his taco glory will be recorded on video.

Mike pulls out his lunch and places it on the table, opening the container as he does so.

"Voila," he says with a flourish. "Who likes Chinese food?"

His friends all reach over to try it with plastic forks supplied by Mike, and sounds of approval are heard from around the lunch table. Michael sits up a little taller, knowing that he did well despite the fact that a few days ago, he didn't know this recipe. He hears a friend take a breath in in order to begin speaking, and looks up from his food.

"Did you learn this recently?" Kitty asks, reaching over for more food.

"Yeah, I went to a Chinese cooking workshop a few days ago," Mike responds.

Kara interjects into the conversation. "It's good, it doesn't taste like you just learned it at all."

Michael puts his hand on his chest as best as he can as a taco. "Aww, thank you. It means a lot."

Mike smiles; not every day is as great as this. Spending time with his friends, being a taco, and making a meal correctly after only learning it a few days ago? That is not something that will ever happen again all in one day. He is excited for the evening, and he is sure that nothing that will happen later will ruin his day.

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:51 pm
View Likes
KaiRyu says...

Amber

Amber stood in front of the mirror, delicately applying the makeup that would act as the final touch for her costume. "Annnndddd, done." She muttered to herself as she drew the last design below her right eye. Straightening, Amber adjusted her hat so it wasn't sliding off her head. She cleared her throat and made her face expressionless. Quietly, Amber began to sing "London Bridge is Falling Down" in an eerie, childlike voice.

Suddenly, she let out a giggle, and gave a little twirl. Assessing her costume in the mirror. "Outfit, check! Voice, check! Am I done?" She asked, looking down at her tabby cat, Kaya, that had just entered the room. Kaya just blinked in reply.

"Okay, I'm just going to take that as a yes." Amber bent down and picked up Kaya, exiting the room before she closed the door behind her. She traded Kaya out for a small organ grinder and her car keys.

"Bye my Kaya! I'll see you soon." Amber smiled down at her cat and ran downstairs. After making sure the door was locked, she climbed into her blue car and turned on her Japanese tunes.

------

At lunch, Amber took out her failed attempt of replicating a box lunch, an idea she got from watching several school life animes. It consisted mostly of rice and chicken. She listened to Andy's plans for the afternoon as she ate, and she was honestly excited about it. Amber had never been to a haunted house, and she wondered if it was going to be as cool as she believed it would be.

She snapped out of her daze as Mike pulled out the food he prepared, and as usual it was amazing.

Once Amber was finished eating she took out her laptop and placed her headphones in her ears, like always. She pulled up one anime out of her vast list, Black Butler, in honor of her costume. Plus, it was one of her favorites.

She let everything else fade into the background, and became part of the story. This was her life, no interaction, just dissolving into fantasy worlds.
“So what? You're another person so of course you look different. What do you need to be ashamed for?” Ciel Phantomhive

"Reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram buy gold bye!" Bill Cipher

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:11 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

Kara Stevens:

They had finished walking over to the abandoned mansion, talking and chatting and an argument between Kara and Andy about whether candy corn or chocolate was the better candy.

Obviously chocolate is better, mused Kara, laughing silently in her head. It can come in so many different flavours, whereas candy corn comes only in one. Unlike that trash they call candy, chocolate is actually natural with the exotic taste of South America-

She hadn't noticed that she had started to hum the Hershey's Milk Chocolate song under her breath, annoying everyone around her. They loved Kara, but sometimes her shenanigans were too much.

"Oi, mi amigo, could you stop that?" Andy cried with his hands over his ears. "It's ruining my candy corn vibe."

Kara laughed out loud this time, fully mocking. "Nah, 'ow 'bout you shut your pie hole?!" She began to hum even louder, annoying the crap out of Andy.

The mansion loomed overhead them by now, with the group sort of having no idea what was going on. What was Kara and Andy going on about again? None of them could remember. The argument had gone through the topics of chocolate, candy corn, gay rights, what toppings were better on pizza, what the cities in California were like, which types of birds are the best.

A large picket fence surrounded the seemingly unoccupied building, pokes of untamed grass peeking through it. The tall grass continued through the yard, seeping through remnants of a garden and pathway and married to the weeds and dandelions that were also scattered throughout the unkempt place. The house itself had broken shutters, most of them falling off or already fallen off. Ivy crept up the bleached and dirty walls and a bird's nest could be seen on the roof. Speaking of the roof, the shingles of it were falling off, several hanging like there was only a thread connecting it to the gutter. Several windows were broken and all of the rest were so dusty you couldn’t even see inside. Several dying trees littered the yard, their leaves and branches drooping down in defeat.

Kara wasn’t scared at all. Most of her comrades – as she liked to call them – certainly were. She glanced over at Manny, who was chewing his nails nervously.

“Come on, what t’is there t’be afraid t’of?” Kara teased. “’Tis just t’an old house, you chickens.”

Mike decided that now was the time to say something, but he stopped, looking a bit anxious. And not in the good way either.

Andy leaned in towards the artist. ”Mi amigo, what do you want to say?”

Kara rolled her eyes. ”Si, what is it?” she mocked, earning glares from some of the others. “What?”

“That was overstepping your boundaries, Kara,” Rhea pointed out.

Kara glared at the student. She disliked Rhea a little bit due to Rhea’s arrogant attitude, but she had never commented on it. Most of the others were just fine and quiet, after all. However, Rhea, and occasionally Minerva, got on her nerves whenever they shot her down. Which was often.

“Boundaries, schmoundaries, there’s point t’in them, watch!” Kara said, trying to redeam herself. She grabbed the picket fence and hoisted herself up, albeit with a little trouble. She slipped over it, holding in a sigh of relief as she hit the overgrown, brown and greenish grass. Minerva followed, landing besides Kara not long after.

God, Kara was so jealous of how Minerva just climbed it so… fluidly!

Kara hid her jealously well, though Cassandra noticed something was wrong. She and the others looked at each other with hesitation but eventually followed, Kara and Minerva helping them as they went.

They walked across the lawn, Minerva attempting – and failing to – dodge all of the tall weeds and grass to avoid the inevitable ticks in the plants due to her costume. When she makes the path, Minerva sighs in relief, as there are less weeds there than the rest of the yard.

The gang walked across the lawn and came across a huge oak door and a shiny golden doorknob. It was forboding. Even Kara was a bit nervous, but she tried to not show it.

Eventually, it was Minerva who turned the slightly rusty doorknob, swinging it open to reveal the dark void beyond.

Amber gulped and said some anime reference that no one got. A chorus of “huh?” and “what did she say?” erupted from the group.

“… never mind,” she said sheepishly.

“Alright, you pussies!” Kara shouted, clapping her hands and breaking up the tension. “I’m going in.”

“I’ll go in wi-“ Minerva started to say.

“Nah,” Kara said. “If there are any ghosts in here they’ll respect me because I’m the demon and not dressed up as some crappy zombie cheerleader. Seriously, what is that paint? You look like you smushed green fingerpaint all over yourself.” She turned around and strode in, ignoring Minerva’s protests.

The group became alarmed when Kara gasped.

They rushed in, but they gasped as well when their eyes adjusted.

“It’s beautiful!” Cassandra gasped.

It was indeed.

Spoiler! :
Kara note: I was too lazy to describe it so I just found a pic on the internet XD

Everyone's fears dissipated quickly as they took in the beauty of the house, trying to preserve it into memory forever.

Mike and Kara looked at each other, grinning. This was the perfect time for a prank. It was Halloween, they were in a ‘haunted’ house?! Ha. They both thought the same thing and Kara held up her fingers and put them up like: “three, two, one.”

Then they both turned to the balcony and screamed.
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:28 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

[The Artist]

Luke Blythe

“Nice costume!” a young girl exclaimed as she went running past him with her friends.

He turned to look at her. She had to be in middle school. Though her friends were revealed to be an arrangement of very real monsters, she was human. Still, none seemed to notice that he wasn't wearing a costume. He could have worn his angel costume, but that would require changing when he arrived at the meeting place. It would take too long. And, even though he longed for the comfort of his jeans and sweatshirt, a suit was the one thing that would match his demonic features.

He took a deep breath as he approached the menacing mansion. Even if he didn't know about the monsters meeting inside, the sight of it would have still sent chills running down his spine. It looked as if it had been abandoned for years – his research said it had – and it was home to countless ghost stories.

He glanced back at the road. No one seemed to be paying attention to him. He pulled out his phone and checked the time. There was only five more minutes until the monsters were going to arrive. He would have to enter before them if he wanted the upper hand.

Though his gut was telling him to run away as fast as he possibly could, he hurried towards the mansion's doors. They were slightly ajar when he reached them. Had some of the monsters already arrived? He prepared to cast a spell.

That was when he heard the first of a chorus of screams.

He threw the doors open. He didn't know what he had expected to see when he burst into the room, but it certainly hadn't been his friends. As he skid to a halt, he saw Minnie hit Kara on the back of the head. Had it just been a prank?

They turned to stare at him.

He stared back.

He rushed to come up with an explanation for his appearance, but he knew that no lie he came up with would ever suffice. There were too many aspects of it that conflicted with his actual appearance. He was sure that one of them would notice that he had suddenly grown several inches, or that his fangs were quite real. He would have to leave town. He'd have to start up another life, or spend the rest of the century wandering the world in the hopes of finding something that could fill the hole they would leave in his heart once accusations started flying.

Why didn't he think of asking where they were going tonight? If only had! Then he wouldn't be in this mess, and their friendship wouldn't be on the verge of collapsing.

Amber suddenly started to say something. He braced himself and tried his hardest not to cry. He could already feel the tears beginning to form in his eyes.

“Cool costume, Luke!”

“Huh?” he blankly replied. Had he heard her wrong? He must have, right? She couldn't possibly think that he was wearing a costume. He hadn't worn it to school, and she had to see all of the things that couldn't be explained-

“I'm surprised that you changed it, but this one looks more realistic than your angel costume,” Minnie added with a smile.

Cassandra gave a thumbs up in agreement.

Was his luck really this good?

Kara came over and gave him a pat on the back. “Guess we're demons together-” she started to say, only to fall eerily silent as a howl reverberated throughout the mansion. The others exchanged nervous glances, but his instincts had already kicked in. Without offering so much as a word of explanation, he started pushing the person closest to him – Kara – towards the suddenly closed door.

“You need to go!” he exclaimed.

“Luke, what are you talking about?” Rhea innocently questioned. If only he could tell her! “It was probably just a wolf in the woods behind this place.”

Andy raised his camera up and directed it towards the source of the sound. “We could go investigate it-”

“No!” Luke cried out. Giving up with his attempts to move the startled Kara, he rushed to the front of the group. If worse came to worst, he would be able to hold the monsters back. He frantically gestured at the door. He knew his actions weren't making much sense, but what was he supposed to do? He couldn't tell them the truth! They was no way that they would believe him, and doing so would only take up the minute or so before any of the monsters showed up.

There was a second howl, much closer than before.

He would have to scare them away.

He took a deep breath and started to mutter the words to a spell. A terrifying darkness descended upon them as a chill set in. Before anyone had a chance to react to the change, he started to utter the words of a second spell. Flames shot to life around his feet and at the tips of his fingers. The last spell he needed was one to alter his voice. Though he wished that it hadn't come to this, he knew what he had to do.

He cleared his throat.

“My name is not Luke. My name is Lucifer, and, if you don't leave this building immediately, I will claim all of your souls as mine.”

His own voice sent a shiver up his spine.

Manny gave a nervous laugh. “This isn't funny, Luke-”

“I am not joking, Emmanuel Lisbon.”

There was a rush to get to the door. Relief flooded him. It was alright. Even though he had destroyed any possible chance of them staying as friends, they wouldn't be in harm's way. Their lives would be saved. Being alone wouldn't matter. All that he cared about now was protecting them.

But when Mike tugged on the handle, the door didn't open. He tugged with more intensity. He looked over his shoulder with a horrified look on his face. Though they were terrified of two very different things, Luke felt the same surge in adrenaline. What was he supposed to do now?!

Something darted out from behind him. An earsplitting scream filled the room as a werewolf knocked Andy to the ground and tore into his stomach with her claws. More monsters rushed out from behind him. Luke was too startled to make any sort of move that might have been helpful. A cacophony of screams echoed throughout the mansion as the room descended into chaos.

The same werewolf who had attacked Andy tried to go for him. She managed to scratch his hand, but he summoned a gust of wind that threw her into the back wall. Though the spell itself hadn't been that hard, the addition of it on top of the other spells he had cast over the course of the day made his limbs feel heavy with exhaustion.

Kara ran by him. The vampire he had seen in the park was in hot pursuit, barely sparing him more than a glance as she lunged at the girl. Her teeth sunk into Kara's neck with ease. Before she could completely drain of her blood, Luke pulled her off of his friend with all of his strength. Kara collapsed to the ground in an unconscious heap.

Luke looked around the room.

Only a minute could have passed, but his friends all lay unmoving on the ground. The sight of their blood staining the floor and walls made his stomach tie itself into a tight little knot, and he was bombarded with an overwhelming sense of doom. How was he supposed to save them? He didn't have enough strength to heal their injuries and fight off the monsters.

The vampire got up from her spot on the floor. She watched him with intrigued eyes. She recognized him, but she couldn't comprehend why he looked different than he had before.

“Leave them alone,” he demanded.

She furrowed her brows. “Who are you?”

“I am Lucifer.”

One of the werewolves laughed. When he gave him a glare that he didn't realize he was capable of, he fell silent. The monsters seemed to simultaneously come to the conclusion that they had bitten off more than they could chew, and rushed towards the back entrance. Only the vampire remained.

“Why do you care about them?” she scoffed.

He was already rushing towards Andy. His wounds were the first to be dealt, and he didn't like how much he was bleeding. He could have lied to her, but he was certain that she had already seen through his facade. The only reason she held her ground was because she knew how much power he held.

“They're my friends,” he whispered as he gently lifted Andy off the ground and examined his wounds.

“You're not going to take their souls?”

Luke wanted to laugh at the absurdity of the suggestion. Could she not comprehend that he valued them for being who they are, and not because they somehow benefited him? He couldn't take their souls if he wanted to.

Disappointed by his lack of a response, the vampire left him among his dying friends.

Andy's breath was irregular. The tears that he had been holding back began to roll down his cheeks as he stared down at him. He could heal his wounds and possibly one other person's wounds, but he would never have enough energy to take care of everyone.

He glanced down at his sole injury. The scratch on his hand had already healed; it was as if he had never been there. His healing abilities were normally something he was grateful for, but now he quite honestly didn't care-

An idea struck him. It was perhaps one of the most foolish things he had ever thought of, and he knew that there was bound to be countless consequences to his actions. He hadn't even done it before. But going through with it was the only way he could save all of their lives.

He held onto Andy's hands and closed his eyes. This magic was a sacred one that required no words. The only thing needed to cast it was the love for the receiver of the spell.

And he loved his friends possibly more than he loved anyone else.

Their souls connected. He immediately felt a rush of memories that occurred in rapid succession. He couldn't begin to make sense of them. Though Andy was still unconscious, he squirmed in Luke's arms. They threatened to overcome the two of them. When the memories finally came to an end, Luke felt as if he had lived another seventeen years. How was he supposed to do that again?

Then he looked down and saw that Andy's wounds were already healing, and that was the only motivation he needed.

He went to each person and repeated the same process. By the time he had finished, he felt like he was on the verge of passing out. But his work still had not been finished. He cast several more spells – one to unlock the front door, one to clean the blood, one to tidy up their clothes, and one to temporarily keep Kara's vampire side at bay until he could properly explain it to her – and left.

When his head finally hit his pillow nearly an hour later, he felt as if he could sleep for the rest of eternity.
mage

queer and here.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:27 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

It was a pulsation at first--or maybe a creaking beneath his head, his ears, his teeth--that caused Andy to stir. He attempted a moan and out came something more visceral, guttural than he'd fancy before. Why had he slept here?

Not that he'd been awakened in stranger places, but...

Under the dim light of early dawn, he squinted out over the floor to see his friends asleep in shredded arrangements of their costumes. Had his direction for the Halloween film gone that crazy?

...and then he looked at his own costume, which was really just a suit--now shredded to the skin over his tummy--and rubbed his stomach. It felt grumbly. Hungry. But something important was missing from his person; something he never put his feet on the ground without--his camera. With a hurried glance, he found it dangling on the stairwell post heading downwards, and he picked it up, examining the strangeness about it.

A fog was covering the lens in daylight, no matter how much he wiped it, and he could hear repeating vocables in the audio...but nothing he recognized. Nothing he had written or directed...or remembered. What was this about? And what exactly was going on?

Others began rising, discerning the mess they'd made. While Manny pointed his finger at Andy for arranging such a freaky trip for all of them, Minerva, quieted them all down with a series of sniffs. "Don't you guys just smell that? It's, like, gaseous as hell in here."

"That would explain why we're all bloody agitated," murmured Kara.

"I'd wager that if it weren't for the broken windows, we'd all be dead?" Minerva continued, "so maybe we should head home before we take a much longer nap."

They all agreed, and at the bottom of the pathway outside of the mansion, parted ways.

When Andy arrived home, he had to admit he was still tired. Still agitated. His mom had poked his belly so many times. So. Many Times. And asked who'd eaten his costume this year. But all the same, he stayed true, gave her a quiet hug, and made way for his bedroom.

And in his bed, he stared at his camera that was trapped in purgatory. He looked at his phone and scrolled through tumblr. He'd gained followers overnight, all in one hourly peak, all with Halloween handles. He checked Youtube and found more subscribers--and that he'd uploaded last night. The gas was strong in this one.

...but what kind of video is locked to its creator?
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:00 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

**the next day at school**

Kara sighed as she climbed off the bus. Another bloody day at school, after that night last night.

What had happened last night?

Something had definitely happened. Kara was strangely looking at people's necks and smelling blood constantly. Was she bleeding inside? No, she would have been in the hospital if so. She also woke up in her bed this morning with no recollection of the night before, suddenly able to see all of the details on the ceiling. What the heck?

She trudged across the pavement, looking around for Luke or somebody. She couldn't remember if Luke was with them last night. She spotted a familiar face within the crowd.

"Oi, Manny!" she called, walking up to him. "How 'ya doin'?"

Manny shrugged. "I don't remember what happened last night."

Kara shrugged in response and blew him off, wanting to make it to homeroom before the bell rang so she won't get a third detention slip for tardiness. She had just entered the inside lobby when her heart skipped a beat.

There was a wolf in a suit, standing in the lobby, and nobody even noticed. It was standing on two legs, had brown fur, and smiled at the students, revealing sharp fangs.

Kara stared at him for a few moments and then whirled around and went to her homeroom. She decided that the animal center would pick it up when they could.

Wait.

What's that?

Her vision sharpened to the name tag pinned to his suit, that said, "MY NAME IS: FREDRICK JACKSON." Mr. Jackson was the vice principal of Proctorville, wasn't he? Why was he a wolf?

Mr. Jackson noticed her and walked up to her. Kara gulped, clearly afraid.

"Hello, Kara," he said in his normal voice. "I like what you did with your skin... and your eyes. You look very sharp."

"What are ye talkin' 'bout?" Kara asked him. "I look normal."

Mr. Jackson laughed. "Nah, I don't think so. You do look quite different."

Kara rolled her eyes and left without warning. She dropped her stuff off in homeroom, getting strange stares from the boys as she walked by. Kara sighed with defeat and made her way towards the bathroom.

Kara gasped with surprise.

Her skin was perfectly white, which complimented her hair perfectly. Her red hair made her seem... taller, somehow, and her cheekbones were very prominent. Her lips - and eyes, strangely - were bright red and... well... she was...

stunning.

That explains the stares, all right. That was the bad thing about her mother being averted to mirrors because of Bloody Mary.

Minnie entered the bathroom and gasped as well. "Woah, what makeup did you use? That's awesome!"

"Minnie, I really doubt that you of all people would wear makeup," Kara said snidely.

Minnie rolled her eyes and entered a bathroom stall.

Kara admired her looks one more time before sweeping out of the room and bumping into Rhea. Kara grumbled a swear and tried to go past the nerd, like Kara fondly called the other.
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:55 am
View Likes
HazelGrace16 says...

“Honey, what are you doing?” Rhea’s mother blinked at her daughter over the rims of her glasses. Her coffee lifted with her eyebrows as she set it to her lips. Rhea sheepishly pulled the container from the cabinet as if she’d been caught cheating on a test.

“I was just grabbing some Advil before school…” She began fiddling with the cap anxiously.

“Why? Is everything okay? You're not sick are you?” She stands up walking over to Rhea and placing a hand on her forehead. “You and your friends didn’t do anything right?”

“Mom!” Rhea pulls away. “Gosh. It’s nothing like that. I just woke up with a really bad migraine this morning. I didn’t sleep well last night, and I had the strangest dream of a bunch of faceless people yelling at me…only I couldn’t understand them.” She unscrews the bottle and grabs two of the red-orange pills.

“How strange. You know...you could always stay home from school.” Rhea’s hands began to shake after she threw back the pills into her mouth.

“No.” She said almost too quickly.

“Honey-“

“I said no Mom!” She interrupted. Rhea’s mom looked at her with her mouth tight. “I’m sorry mom, I gotta go, or I’m gonna be late for school.” She grabs her backpack from the counter and rushes to the apartment door. As she leaves her mother says something, but she ignores her.

———————————-

Later that day before lunch, Rhea sat at her desk in chemistry and furiously scribbled against a blank piece of lined paper. She couldn’t focus on anything today. It was as if the room was spinning like a carnival ride and everything was whirring past her with screams and flashing lights. Only no one but the teacher was talking and everything was still.

“Rhea? Are you okay?” Someone whispered next to her. It was Manny, but Rhea couldn’t tell as she continued to scribble away. “Rhea?” He tapped her on the shoulder and Rhea flinched awake as if she’d been asleep.

“Ms. Moore.” She looked forward to see the teacher and almost every student looking back at her. “Your desk.” Rhea looked down to see the paper ripped in pieces and pencil marks covering her entire desk.

“I uh-“

“Everyone please get into your project groups and start planning.” She closes up a book on her desk and walks over to Rhea’s desk and students make their ways around the room. “Ms. Moore, if you need to go to the nurse please go. Sweetheart you look very pale and sweat is beading on your forehead.”

“No no no. I’m fine. I must have been daydreaming.” She reaches into her backpack to grab some hand sanitizer and tissues. She scrubs at the desk ignoring the teacher's hand on her shoulder.

“Rhea please stop. Would you please talk to-“ The bell rings for lunch sending a sharp pain through Rhea’s head and an anxious wave of movement from the students around her.

“I have to go Mrs. Martin. I have lunch plans.” She stands to join the students as they congregate towards the doorway. Both Mrs. Martin and Manny say something to her, but once again she ignores the voices.

Walking down the hallway almost feels like walking in an underground tunnel. The sounds are above you but they feel like they’re everywhere. It’s distracting enough that Rhea runs straight into a grumbling Kara. The young Brit pushes past her without so much as a glance in her direction. Rhea knew they weren’t the best of friends, but she thought Kara would've at least walked with her to the cafeteria.

Rhea reaches the table last and avoids eye contact with a concerned Manny.

“Where’s Luke?” He looks across the table at the blank faces. “Alright..I guess since he is not her here we will start this important meeting. Okay, first things first. What the hell happened last night?” Everyone sat quietly thinking the same answer.

I have no idea.

“Has anyone seen anything or felt anything weird this morning.?” Kara spoke up finally.

“Other than your sudden glow up, no.” Andy joked trying to lighten the mood Rhea realized. Only no one laughed. Everyone knew something was up, but they just didn’t know how to say it. “Wait. Now that I think about it, this morning I saw that one of the video’s on my channel had been blocked to everyone including me. Typically I wouldn’t have thought much of it except it was the video from last night…”

“This is crazy.” Minnie sighed.

“Rhea.” Rhea looked up from her dazed stare at the ground at a peering Andy with his laptop in hand. “You’re smart. Do you think you could hack into my account and access the video?” But Rhea just remained silent.
“I got you,” Cassie said pulling the computer from Andy’s grasp.

“Thanks…” Andy sat still staring at the silent Rhea.

“I have to go!” Rhea said grabbing her stomach and running to the nearest bathroom. She didn’t even bother to grab her backpack as she sprinted. She scrambled for the toilet as the contents of her stomach entered the bowl. She felt better but the sharp pain wasn’t leaving her head, and suddenly a buzzing noise began to grow louder. She walked slowly to the sink and threw some water in her face to cool off. But, when she pulled her hands away from her eyes she saw a figure standing behind her covered in gashes and gushing blood. Startled, she turned around quickly but no one was there. She turned back to the mirror where the hideous figure still stood.

“You- You can see me?” The figure spoke, and then suddenly in shock Rhea fell to her knees and passed out.

Right before Rhea was completely gone she heard a desperate pounding on the bathroom door. Then a figure rushed to her scooping her into their arms. And after that, she’s gone.

Spoiler! :
Characters I mention: @Steggy @Lumi @saentiel @Sheytato @DemonGoddess @Wolfical
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:46 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

Minerva's legs were straining as she ran with everyone else to Luke's house. Even though her talent was being the star athlete of her friends, it was time-consuming to run back and forth between locations, with some hope of finding Luke. What they had found at the mansion did confirm their belief of what happened on Halloween and they believed what happened, was connected to Luke. Though, Minerva had a sneaking thought that it was perhaps their imagination playing tricks or sleep deprivation because, with the events that happened after, it seems kind of silly to believe that one teenager could cause it all to happen.
After a few more blocks, they were almost to Luke's house when Cassandra asked for a quick break. They all agreed, sitting down on the grass and catching their breaths.

"I... don't know how you can run for... so long... Minerva," Cassandra panted, bending over.

Minerva looked over and shrugged, now standing and putting her hands on her hips. "It's a gift, I suppose. Anyway, what's the plan if Luke is at the house?"

"Well, we ask him stuff and get answers out of him. It's that simple," Andy pipped up, brushing off his pants when standing up.

"And if he isn't?"

Andy shrugged. "We could come back as we've been doing."

Minerva frowned. "If we keep doing that, I think Luke might not even show up. For all we know, he could be hiding in his room, watching us run like little field mice."

"She does have a point," Michael spoke up. "I think after we are done here, we should go look somewhere else, perhaps."

Everyone else mumbled into an agreement. They then ran back to Luke's house, hoping that he was there. As they rounded the corner, Minerva caught sight of a red car parked in the driveway. Could it be? she thought, seeing the house. Once they were on the sidewalk and in front of the house, Minerva immediately recognized the car. Since she had stayed after school several times for sports events, she already knew the car belonged to the principal of the school, Mrs. Melaine Brooks. Her son used to play basketball and Minerva's team would practice with his team in an attempt to get better for the national championships.

And as suspected, Mrs. Brooks was standing there, peeking through one of the windows of the house.

"Mrs. Brooks? What're you doing here?" Minerva asked as they neared the door. The principal turned around quickly, shocked by the teenagers that stood before her.

"Um, I'm waiting for my son. Yeah. Um, Tommy went inside to get some candy from Luke and told me to wait outside," she answered shakingly. Mrs. Brooks then stood up and coughed, crossing her arms. "What about you?"

"We're here, looking for Luke," Minerva answered. "He has something we need. So, if you could please move out of the way-"

"Yes, of course, sorry," the principal apologized, resorting back to her cowardly state as before. She then stepped down the steps and to her car.

Minerva looked back at the door and then to the car. "What about Tommy?"

Mrs. Brooks stopped walking and looked back. "Oh, um, it turns out I got a text from him saying he left already. Must have left through the back door. Um, anyway, have a good night, children and see you in school!" She then hopped into her car and drove off.

"Well, she's bonkers," Kara muttered, crossing her arms.

"And clearly lying about something. But what?" Andy asked, pressing a finger against his lips.

"How about we think about that later and focus on what we need to now?" Minerva stated, heading towards the door and ringing the doorbell. The sound echoed throughout the house before fading off into a mellow disappointment.

"Well, there goes our luck," Kara reluctantly said, sitting down on the steps with her chin in her hands. Minerva frowned. Something isn't right. Where is Luke and why is Mrs. Brooks so worried that she ended up lying to us?
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

I always prefer to believe the best of everybody; it saves so much trouble.
— Rudyard Kipling