279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:56 am
Steggy says...

The Knife 2.0

Intro

Several Years Ago, In A New York Alleyway

Rain is falling. A gunshot is heard. Running footsteps echo off the wet walls. Police sirens ring off in the far distance as Chef Knox, the longtime chef made famous from his cooking show Cooking with Chef Knox, is killed. No one knows who or why Chef Knox is killed. The only clue that is left at the scene is a knife, a booklet, and a clay necklace with the initials B.K.L. The crime scene baffles police until they receive a tip later that week from an anonymous person, stating that all signs pointed to Chef Knox's stepson, Marvin, who was envious of his stepfather's fame and wanted to 'defame' him from it. There were a couple trials going around until all the cases of it were dropped and chef was laid peacefully in a cemetery and it was all forgotten.

Until now.

The Present

Even though Chef Knox has been gone, the restaurant he stated has not dulled it's blade, so to speak. The stepson, Marvin, runs it as the owner. He's called the Dictator Knox for his cruel manners over the workers and the costumers. Most of the time, Marvin doesn't raise a finger to help around the restaurant and when he does, it is mostly in the form of yelling or criticizing how something is done/should be done. Most of the employees have quit while those that are still around are somewhat teetering on leaving. It isn't until late October that nearly half the staff left the restaurant.

Days go by without any much hassle. The same thing keeps happening. People come in, eat, and then leave. It almost bores the remaining staff. Until one day. It's mid-March when a waitress finds the head cook, Dennis, with fifteen stab wounds in his chest. The restaurant soon becomes a boiling pot of conspiracy and backstabbings.

As the restaurant is closing, there are clues as to what has happened. Is whoever that killed Dennis, the same person who killed Chef Knox those years ago? As secrets come into the spotlight, anything is possible.

Characters

Whoever you may be, you have some part of this crime. The police commission doesn't like asking every single person on the street what happens so he narrows it down to those present in the restaurant. The following are up for grabs:

Waitress 1:
Waitress 2:
Waitress 3:
Waiter 1:
Waiter 2:
Waiter 3:
Second Chef:
Dishwasher:
Visitor 1:
Visitor 2:
Visitor 3:
Marvin Knox: Steggy

There can only be one killer but who might it be? And why did they kill Dennis? Was it blackmail or something greater?

Other Things

As the creator of this storybook, I know who killed Dennis and Chef Knox. Along the way there'll be clues as to who did what and why. As of right now, we're just going to introduce our characters until the good stuff happens. Below will be the clues I post later on:

Clues:

Spoiler! :
Nothing yet!

- Other than that, regular storybook rules apply.
- Be nice to one another.
- If you want to drop out of this storybook, let me know in the dt or pm me.
- There can be relationships but keep it reader friendly, I mean come on, this is a young writer's society for a reason.
- Keep all questions relating to the storybook in the dt.
- Other than that, have fun!

Character Template:

Remove parenthesis when writing your template.

Spoiler! :
Code: Select all
[b]Age:[/b] (Older than 18, please.)
[b]Description:[/b] (You can place personality here. A picture would be nice but I think a minimum of four sentences is plenty for their looks, weaknesses/strengths, etc.)
[b]Revenge:[/b] (If any)
[b]History:[/b] (If they are a worker, how long have they worked there? If they are a visitor, this basically means they come to the restaurant on a daily basis, when did they start coming and why? Should be at least a paragraph.)
[b]Up For Romance:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b] (Anything else we should know about your character?)

This is going to be a chill storybook so I'm not picky when we'll start but when we do, I'll be excited! :D
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

Too bad all the people who know how to run this country are busy running taxicabs or cutting hair.
— George Burns