z

Young Writers Society

Blood on the Tundra

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:08 pm
View Likes
XxXTheSwordsmanXxX says...

The two countries of The Plains and the Tundra have been at war for centuries, to the point that both countries are completely war weary.

The King of The Plains and The Queen of the Tundra have come to an agreement of peace. The three Princes of The Plains shall marry the three Princess of The Tundra, Eldest together down to the youngest together. The royal family of The Plains travels to The Tundra's capital to celebrate the Yuletide with them. On the last day of the Yuletide, the betrothed couples shall be married.

But not everyone is happy about this. A group in the shadows, who have grown wealthy on the warring of the two countries, do not wish to see peace. They plan to sabotage, by any means necessary (to include murder), the marriage. It is up to the Princes and Princess to ensure that the hope of peace is not snuffed out.

((All other characters are available, from the princes and princess to members of both courts that are both protecting the royal family or helping the group destroy the marriages.))

We will begin with the Plains royal family arriving at the Tundra capital and castle on the day before Yuletide.

Society of The Plains
Mainly a patriarchal society that serve a Sun-based deity named Delor. Delor is believe to have crafted all of creation with his own two hands. Inspiring an idea of hard work and craftsmanship as admirable qualities.

This belief creates a society that men are in main standing having official titles. This is not to say that women are seen as inferior, but men are often favored in many things from political positions down to inheritance.

Their main source of production is livestock and agriculture.

The King is a kind man that wishes to see peace not only for his people but also his sons.

Society of The Tundra
Mainly a matriarchal society that server a Moon-based deity they call The Goddess or The Mother. The Goddess is believed to have given life to all the creatures of the world, and nurtures their souls in the afterlife.

This inspires the idea of women having a direct hand in all aspects. Women are placed on a fair ground within this culture, believing that a woman is capable of doing anything that a man is capable of.

The main source of production is through lumber and mineral mining, from gems to gold and silver.

The Queen is seen as stern and strong, but holds a deep love of her daughters, whom she calls her gems.

Important Terms of the Peace Treaty
1. The arranged marriage of all Princes and Princess, Eldest together, then the next eldest down to the youngest together.
2. The eldest Prince and Princess shall be set as King and Queen of the united countries, their castle residing in the center border of the two kingdoms.
3. The remain two Princes and Princess shall be given stewardship over a half of the kingdom each, with their only superior being the King and Queen.
4. The temples within both countries shall unite, providing free space for those that follow Delor AND those that follow The Goddess to pray on the same sacred ground.
5. At the time of the marriage, the current King of The Plains and the current Queen of The Tundra shall step down from their thrones to allow the eldest Prince and Princess the time to rule.

Special Notes:
We have many positions that can be asked for. Princes and Princess can very as much as you like from cliché to completely unique. Servants are also welcome I have a list of reserved spots that anyone may pick from. If you have a character that fits somewhere completely different, let me know and we will discuss it.

Magic is a relatively new concept for both countries. The aspect of it has been brought over by the island nation of Geltir. While it has been introduced to both countries, there are still reservations about its use in the general populace. Magic is mainly used for its healing properties more than destructive or energy creating means as it has not been pursued to any real extent. Magic uses the energy of the caster, attempting to heal or cast something beyond a person will cause them to collapse from exhaustion. In general, teams of healers are used on a single individual.

Finally, just because a Prince or Princess is in an arranged marriage...doesn't mean they have to like it.

The Plains
King: Rolan (NPC)
Eldest Prince: Ibsen (@Wolfical)
Middle Prince: Eli (@Sheyren)
Youngest Prince: Alik(@XxXTheSwordsmanXxX)
Guard: Open
(Other options would be Emissaries, Servants, or Soliders)

The Tundra
Queen: Terra (NPC)
Steward: Bryn (@XxXTheSwordsmanXxX)
Eldest Princess: Anumati (@Remington38)
Middle Princess: Delilah (@Sheyren)
Youngest Princess: Farin (@Lael)
Guard: Open
(Other options would be Emissaries, Servants, or Soldiers)

Plot Pad:
http://xxxtheswordsmanxxx.writerfeedpad.com/5

Character Sheet
Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Affiliation (Plains or Tundra):[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Skills:[/b]
[b]Available For Romance:[/b]
[b]Brief History:[/b]
Last edited by XxXTheSwordsmanXxX on Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

107 Reviews

Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:34 pm
View Likes

Alik Stormwind

"I'm fine!" Alik said for the hundredth time that day. His father was being over cautious, trying to get him to put on another blanket that he didn't need. "I got winter clothes made for this weather. I'm fine."

"I just don't want you getting sick again," Rolan said with a sigh as he set the blanket back in his lap.

"Father," Eli began, "he hasn't been sick for almost a decade. I'm pretty sure he's passed it." Eli gave Alik a wink before everyone stared out the windows of the carriage to the Tundra landscape outside. White covered everything in sight. It was like being in a completely different world. Though they got snow in the Plains, it was nothing like what they had been traveling on for the passed few days.

"Are we certain that pulling our armies from the border was a wise decision?" Ibsen inquired. "Should things go awry here there is a change that the Tundrans will make an advance before the Plains has any chance of getting word."

"The Tundran's pulled their armies from the border as we did as a sign of a mutual desire for peace," King Rolan said carefully. "If we kept our armies at the border it would show that we are expecting this peace to be temporary."

Ibsen sighed with a shake of his head.

"Come on. Smile, Ibsen!" Alik said with a grin. "You look like your favorite pet just died. You're about to meet your betrothed. They say the Tundran princesses are more beautiful than any gem they carve from the mines."

A glint caught Alik's eye. Leaning out the window a smile spread on his face as he pulled himself out more to sit on the carriage window ledge.

"Alik! What are you doing?! Get back in here!" Rolan cried fearfully.

"It's the Tundran castle! I can see it!" he cried over the wind. "You have to see this!"

The royals looked out the windows to the massive castle carved from the stone of the mountain it rested against. The thick ice having coated the stone walls and making the entire structure shine in the evening sun like diamonds.

"Not something you see every day!" Eli called back to Alik.

"No...no it isn't," he mused to himself.

Within the village that skirted the outside of the castle, Alik was given strange looks as he was still sitting in the window of the carriage. Whispers were already going around as the banners that were mounted to the sides of the carriage carried the emblem of The Plains.

Alik would wave periodically as they passed by different villagers. A smile to the children rushing down the street. Now that he had seen them, the Tundrans didn't look any different from his own people.

Already he could see artifacts being brought into the temples for their deity as they were doing in the Plains for The Goddess. But passing through the gate of the castle was an impressive sight. There were no bricks, only solid stone and sheets of ice. It was incredible to see.

As the carriage came to a stop, Alik quickly jumped out. His feet hit the stones of the courtyard and slipped a little, making him grab hold of the carriage to balance. A playful grin spread over his face as he ran forward a few steps before setting his feet and throwing his arms out to the side for balance. Sliding along the ice he fell into a large snow drift with a laugh. He threw his hands up in victory as he got back to his feet, walking toward the carriage with careful steps.

He could see his father shaking his head, but none the less smiling at his youngest son's antics. "What? I've wanted to do that for ages. We don't get ice like this in The Plains," he smiled.

A servant held out his ivory hilted sword before he waved it away. "We're meeting the princesses for the first time. I don't think walking in there armed would be a good display of our desire for peace," Alik said giving the servant and appreciative pat on the shoulder. "Well...off on the next grand adventure," he said to his brothers as he took his place to head into the main hall.

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:28 pm
View Likes
Remington38 says...

Anumati Northguard

Breath in, breath out. Breath in, breath out.

"Is it too tight miss?" The servant asks the princess, lacing the corset around her. "You seem to be breathing heavily."
"No, not at all." Anumati Northguard says fully aware that it was in fact too tight, but that was not the cause of her distress. Once the last of the ribbons are tied the servant leaves, allowing her the privacy to put on the rest of her gown. Despite what the rest of the kingdom may think, she believes in the honor of doing things herself. There is a long grey gown carefully placed on her bed with silver lacing making up the outer layer and underneath it grows darker to a charcoal. Keeping her eyes on the mirror she places the dress on and smooths it out, she must look her best today. Carefully she takes small locks of her dark brown hair and intricately twists and entwined it to a pattern similar to the design on her dress. Once she is sure every hair and detail is perfect she takes another slow breath to calm her nerves. Details were something she can control, she likes things she can control. Not in a power hungry way, but more of a fear of making mistakes.

Calm down... you will not be able to accomplish anything if you are panicked. She reminds herself of this constantly, yet her thought have lingered more than usual lately. Ever since the treaty was announced she cannot help but notice people looking at her a little more than usual, almost as if they were expecting some sort of reaction. Reactions would be useless, and it is not as if her opinion matters. What is done, is done. She is to be wed to the eldest prince of an unfamiliar place, once she could only connect to through her books. Recently she has spent her time researching the Plains and what their culture was. The sudden taste of metal in her mouth pulled her away from her thoughts and she sees that she has been chewing on her bottom lip again. A small red drop of blood wells up but she takes a small pieces of cloth and dabs it away. She places a layer of lip tint on herself again to be sure to hide the signs of the small wound.

Shrieks echo from the hallway outside her chambers when the sounds of a carriage are heard and Anumati rolls her eyes, her sisters have always been different from her. The doors to her room fly open without any knocking and her two younger siblings come rushing in to get a glance outside the window. Anumati room was one of the few facing the front of the castle, so she has the best views of the road to the villages. Today everything is covered in a layer of crystal white snow freshly fallen and the dark oak carriage stood out as the only thing of color in the frosty wonderland. Different colors rush around her vision as her sisters talk quickly and with enthusiasm. Anumati remains solem like always, that has always been her job. She is afraid it always will be. The atmosphere of the room grows thick with tension when multiple forms exit the carriage and they know one of them is a prince they will be eternally bound to by laws of marriage and treaty. It is strange how fast excitement can evolve into anxiety. Despite her lacking in a close relationship with her sisters they all are slightly at unease and they decend the grand staircase together towards their visitors.
Proud Reader of Banned Books

Answer to life, the universe, and everything: 42

Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.
Cesar Cruiz

Pluviophile- a lover of rain; someone who finds joy/peace of mind on rainy days.

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:45 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Farin Northguard

"I think this bracelet turned out to be rather lovely, don't you think?" said Farin to her sister Delilah as they were getting dressed in her room. "I was almost worried that I wouldn't finish it before the Plains royal family arrived. I'm so glad that Watson finished the clasp and brought it this morning."

"That's for your prince, isn't it?" Delilah eyed the bracelet with a frown. "What was his name again?"

"Oh, come on, Lilah, don't be that way! Mum said that the Plains princes were handsome and kind." But maybe she was just saying that to make us feel better. "Anyways, his name is Alik. Alik Stormwind. I wonder if he'll expect me to change my name to match his. But I think Northguard sounds so much prettier!" Farin knew she was prattling, but she couldn't help herself. In fact, it was all she could do to keep her hands and voice steady unless she forced herself to be her usual, happy-go-lucky self.

"You know, you won't have to find out if you refuse to marry him," muttered Lilah. "Farin, are you sure you want to do this? What about true love?"

Farin turned to face her. She could feel her smile wavering, but she forced herself to say, "Even if this is an arranged marriage, I think we can still fall in love. Besides, this about peace for the people." She winced at her unconvincing tone, but quickly busied herself by staring into the mirror and giving her long hair a quick brushing, braiding it with nimble fingers.

"Even if it isn't about us, it still isn't fair for them to force us to marry." Lilah turned away.

Farin and her sister said no more, allowing the silence to build a wall of awkwardness between them as they intently worked on their appearances. Farin felt an inkling of guilt at this. She, of all people, should know best that Delilah was against the marriage. But Farin intended for this treaty to work, at least on her part. Her mother and the dear people of the Tundra depended on her and her sisters. That had to be enough for her.

She looped the bracelet twice around her wrist to make ensure it didn't fall off and carefully fastened the clasp. It wasn't very ornate, she knew, but it was the only thing she could think of that she knew how to make herself for her betrothed, even if she didn't whether it would fit on his wrist or not.

Farin shook her head and pulled on a simple but beautiful light pink gown, one she had ordered from a talented local seamstress. Her mind drifted to thoughts of the Plains royal family, which was said to be arriving today. Her mother had forbidden her from spending roaming about the capital, for fear that she would be rudely absent or late when the Plains royalty did come. Honoring her mother's wishes, she had remained indoors for the past few days, mostly sitting in front of a window in her room, watching the snow outside, and sighing.

As she was tying the end of her braid with a ribbon that matched the color of her dress, in the silence she heard the faint clicking sounds of spinning wheels outside on the stones and straightened. They were here.

"Come on!" she said playfully, giggling and tapping her older sister on the shoulder, hoping Delilah's mood would improve. She dashed past her for the door, her shoes in hand. "Race you to Anumati's room!"

When they had burst through their oldest sister's door, Farin immediately plopped herself down in front of the window to watch the carriage. She laughed as she watched one of the men who exited it sliding and landing in a small snowdrift, but her amusement faded as it fully hit her that the princes were here. She would marry one of them within several days. For all she knew, it could be the one she had just watched playing in the snow like a child.

She glanced at her sisters, whose faces were grim. Farin usually loved Yuletide, but this one, she knew, would be the hardest to get through, for all of them. She quietly slipped her shoes on and followed her sisters out of Anumati's room.

"Make sure there are extra furs and thick blankets in their rooms. They're not used to the cold. And is a hot meal prepared for them?"

Though her stomach churned with anxiety, relief spread inside Farin as she heard her mother's voice running through last minute preparations.

"Mum!" she called and ran forward into her mother's arms. For once, she felt like a little girl again, safe and oblivious to the outside world, and tears sprang to her eyes.

"Farin," said Queen Terra, placing a gentle hand on her head. "Courage, my girl. Courage and grace."

Farin looked up at her stern but affectionate expression and nodded, stepping back and quickly drying her eyes.

The Queen went to Delilah, holding her hand briefly with a smile. Then she walked past her to place her hand on Anumati's shoulder, murmuring to her quietly for a minute. Farin swallowed her jealousy at seeing the obvious pride in their mother's eyes as she stood with her eldest daughter.

At last, Queen Terra stepped back to look over her daughters at once.

"Today is a very special day," she began, "one that I hope all three of you will look back upon fondly in the future. But most importantly, I want you to remember that this is for the people. As their royal family, it is our duty to look after our subjects, and your marriage to the Plains prince will do that. But no matter what happens, remember that you are sisters." Her gaze softened. "Rely on each other if you feel that you cannot trust anyone else to help you. Though friends will come and go, your bond is eternal because you are a family.

"Now come," she said briskly, resuming her queenly persona, "Let us go. We will be meeting them in the music room." She turned, and the three sisters followed her down the hall.

While she walked, Farin remembered how, when she was a child, she used to dream that a handsome man would one day enter her life, that they would be destined to marry and be together forever. She used to whisper of this destiny to the moon while she lay in bed at night. Now, it seemed that her wish had partially come true, at least. Farin thought to herself, Prince Alik is my destiny.

Alik Stormwind is my destiny.

But somehow, this thought was less than comforting.
Last edited by Lael on Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:41 am
View Likes
Basil says...

Eli

I feel my eyes dropping shut, and change my position, crossing my legs carefully, and rest my elbow against the wall of the carriage, my head held up by my hand. Ibsen glances at me before going back to his brooding. Always brooding. Doesn't it tire him?

Alik starts fidgeting under the two blankets already wrapped around him. Father notices, and a concerned frown grows on his face. He shifts in his seat, as though he's uncomfortable, although I know he's trying to resist the urge to speak. He worries too much about Alik. I understand why. He lost mother after my youngest brother was born, and then Alik got sick. But he's fine, now. His eyes don't gleam with illness, they gleam with spirit, with intellect, with wonder. He is trying to be a normal teenager. I admire him for it.

"Alik, are you feeling a little chilly?" Father tries to ask casually. In other words, 'put another blanket on.'

Alik almost rolls his eyes. "I'm fine!" He assured Father. I can hear the strain in his voice. "I got winter clothes made for this weather. I'm fine."

Father shifts in his seat beside me again. "I just don't want you getting sick again," he says earnestly.

I hold back a sigh. "Father," I begin calmly, "he hasn't been sick for almost a decade. I'm pretty sure he's passed it."

Nothing more is said on the matter, so I go back to staring at the curtain drawn over the window to keep the warmth in the carriage. I find myself struggling to stay awake again, so I shift to rest my head on the wall, and let myself fall asleep. It's a light, short lived doze, because I'm woken by father yelling at Alik. I jolt up and turn to see my little brother halfway out the carriage window. I pull the curtains back from the window and stick my head out, eyes widening in amazement as I take in the castle. The rock carved from the mountain itself, the ice on the walls and rooftops sparkling in the sunlight like gems. It's amazing, a real breathtaking sight.

"Not something you see everyday!" I grin at my brother and father.

Ibsen rolls his eyes and glances at Alik, looking like he is about to drag him back into your carriage. I find myself smiling, although my smile is short lived. I turn back to look at the castle, and frown. Will I be living here, in this castle? In the cold? Will the woman I marry be willing to move away from her home? I hadn't even considered the fact that I may have to move. I pull my head back into the carriage and draw the curtain. Ibsen manages to catch my attention, lifting an eyebrow questioningly. I just shrug and lean my head against the wall of the carriage, closing my eyes.

Behind my lids, the image of the castle burns.

The carriage comes to a stop, and I open my eyes to see Alik drop to the ground outside, and slide across the cobblestones. Father seems to be on the verge of bursting at the seams, so I push the carriage door open and climb out. I almost slip and land flat on my backside, but I grip the carriage and right myself. Pushing myself along the ice, I make my way over to Alik, who is in the process of wiping snow off his shoulders and back. He catches my eyes and grins broadly. Alive. He looks very alive.

"Careful," I caution, and his smile falters. "Don't want to get snow in your pants," I wink at him and shove him into the snow.

Alik laughs and leaps back to his feet, throwing snow at my face. I growl at him and pick up some snow, the cold biting into my fingers. I'm about to hurl it at him, but Father's expression as he comes to stand behind Alik stops me. I drop it and wipe my hands on my thighs, looking around at the place we've stopped. It's a large courtyard, with a fountain in the centre, and large iron gates opposite or carriage, leading to the castle itself. I can see a man walking toward the gates, flanked by an entourage of fancily dressed guards, decorative swords at their sides. I turn to see Father walking up beside me, Ibsen taking his other side. Alik stands next to me, and I give him a nervous smile.

"We're gonna be fine," he assures me.

"Yeah," I look back to the people walking toward us, having no difficulty on the icy cobblestones. "I hope."

"Welcome, King Rolan of the Plains," the man, who must be an advisor or something, greets us with a well rehearsed smile. "And your wonderful sons. Welcome to the Tundra. I am Bryn Toltear, the lovely Queens Steward."

Father nods his head in way of greeting. "Thank you for the welcome, Bryn. Where is the Queen herself?" Father looks at the men flanking Bryn.

"She is awaiting your arrival with her daughters in the castle," Bryn's smile seems extra forced, but only to a person that knows what he's looking for.

I stare at Bryn from under my lashes, my lips drawn in a thin line across my face as I take in the way he holds himself, how he angles his lips, where his eyes dart as he looks us up and down. The hairs on the back of my neck stand on edge as I recognise the cold cunning I'd see in the eyes of a man intending to kill. When he turns his gaze to me, his smile widens. I narrow my eyes and avert my gaze. Going to watch out for him.

"Please," Bryn bows at us, almost mockingly, "come inside."

He doesn't wait for a response, and spins on his heel to start walking back to the castle. Alik makes a small nose in the back of his throat in excitement, and moves forward, gripping my jacket front for balance. I grin at him and walk forward, eyes on the man with the cold cunning in his eyes, leading us into the castle.

Trepidation starts to grow in the pit of my stomach, and the only thing keeping me from moving onto the shadows is my little brothers hand on my coat front, the curious grin on his face as he takes in his surroundings.

What if we're walking into a trap? I need to speak to Ibsen, see what he makes of this, and share my views on this steward.
Dorian, are you the one adding all the spices to our food?
Of course I am.
Why?
Because frankly the food here tastes like poorly cooked sawdust. It genuinely tastes how Solas looks.

107 Reviews

Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:51 pm
View Likes

Bryn Toltear

Idly signing papers in his office he grumbled at the though of the coming Plains royalty. However, it provided an opportunity to him to continue the war between the two countries. If he could create enough distrust and hatred between the two families, the treaty will be broken, with the Plains attacking first most likely.

"I see that the three sons have had training in swordplay," a man to the side said reading a letter. "They might prove fun." The man that sat lazily in the chair was dressed in a leather garment with a long saber at his side and knives across his chest.

"Don't forget that your not after them, Leon," Bryn growled. "You have your orders, and the instructions."

"Yes, yes," Leon muttered nonchalantly as he pulled the dagger that had been given to him from his belt. It had a distinctly Plains look to it. The etching on the hilt more elegant than those usually found in the Tundra. "Plant the evidence and start the war once again. I doubt they will make it out of the castle."

"I don't have to tell you what awaits you if you fail."

"I haven't missed a mark yet. Besides, what are you so worried about?"

"The youngest prince. From what I have read he is a gifted swordsman, and only nineteen. He will undoubtedly attempt to protect the princess."

"You worry too much. With what I have planned, I will have all the time in the world before they even knew I was there."

The door at the far end of the room opened and a messenger rushed in. "A carriage barring the crest of The Plains has been spotted on the way to the castle. Her majesty and the princesses are awaiting their arrival in the music room."

Bryn waved the messenger off and stood up with an annoyed sigh. "Looks like it is time for me to play my part," he said striding toward the door. "And Leon....don't touch anything."

"Welcome, King Rolan of the Plains and your wonderful sons," he said in his most diplomatic voice. While nervous many of the soldiers seemed at ease for the moment, except for the middle son. Eli. That boy looked at him with a calculating gaze. He could be trouble.

"Welcome to the Tundra. I am Bryn Toltear, the lovely Queen's steward."

"Thank you for the welcome, Bryn. Where is the Queen herself?" King Rolan asks.

"She is awaiting your arrival with her daughters in the castle. Please, come inside." Bryn turned on his heel, their boots designed to grip in the snow and ice, unlike that slippery shoes of The Plains. The smile on his face wasn't completely fake. A part of him was amused by how foolish the men of the Plains looked.

Moving through the maze of corridors, with the Plains and soldiers right behind him, he led them to the large doors of the music room. The golden doors now resting open to reveal the expanse of open space and the instruments about the room. The Queen and Princesses sitting on chairs resting on a platform to give them an added height.

"Your Majesty, may I present King Rolan of the Plains and his sons," Bryn said with a deep bow before moving to the side to take his place.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:54 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Ibsen Stormwind

It was frigidly cold, but his heart was melting in dread. The doors were heaved open like golden theater curtains, and the Plainsmen stepped onto the stage, where the pale sun filtered through the ice-nipped windows and bathed the outcasts in a white light, accentuating their earthen color wheel with a critical eye.

He reminded himself that this was a political blessing. Three sons in one kingdom; three daughters in another. No more, no less. Perfection.

Perfection for the people of his kingdom, perhaps, but not for him.

Ibsen’s father sunk to one knee and bowed his head, and his sons quickly followed suit.

“It is an honor to meet with you again, Queen Terra,” the king said.

“Please, there’s no need to kneel. We are equals here.”

The Stormwinds stood back up. Ibsen set his jaw and avoided the gazes of the girls, choosing to look exclusively at the queen. She smiled warmly - yes, warmly - at each of them. If the beauty and apparent kindness of the queen was any indication of what her daughters must look and act like, Ibsen wondered if this might not be so bad after all.

But… Julie. The memory of her golden hair wrapped around him and suddenly he was yearning for home. Not only did he miss her, but he also missed the plains themselves, where the sun was brazen, the rough stones of the castle were warm, and the wild horses dashed across eternal pastures of scraggly grass and poked their noses through curtains of leaves that spilled from the branches of weeping willows.

His eyebrows angled somberly, he allowed himself a glance at the eldest princess. He immediately knew which one she was because she was already watching him, and they locked eyes for a good two seconds before Ibsen tore away and looked at a cluster of musical instruments in the corner instead.

Sketched in his mind, he could still see the stamp of her image. If an artist only had the colors black and white, he could have painted her likeness without trouble. Her eyes, pale like her skin, were the same gray of her dress, and her hair was almost black. She was stone still in the seconds he beheld her, her posture stiff and her gaze calm and regal.

This is the woman I will marry, he thought, numbly.

He wondered how many colors an artist would need to paint Julie. Surely he’d need them all - the yellow and white for her hair, the white, red, and yellow for her tanned skin, and the blue and black for her deep, twinkling eyes.

“Thank you for opening your home to us,” the king said. “We are so grateful to be on cordial terms with the Tundra kingdom.”

“We are too,” Queen Terra admitted. “The girls and I are tired of this war. What better way to end it than with a royal wedding festival to accompany our Yuletide celebration?” She looked again at each of the princes, and smiled with genuine excitement.

“Allow me to introduce my sons,” the king said. “My eldest here is Ibsen. Then Eli, and then Alik.”

“It’s a pleasure to meet you all. My gems are Anumati, Delilah, and Farin. They’ve been waiting impatiently for you to come for days.”

Ibsen, thinking he should be at least a little bit gentlemanly, nodded at Anumati, and the corners of his mouth twitched in an attempt for a smile. She replied with a curt nod of her own, and didn’t smile back.

This princess was reminding him of himself. Ibsen wasn’t sure if he liked that or not.
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:28 am
View Likes
Amnesia says...

Princess Delilah

Del stood between her sisters as they waited for the prince's to arrive. Her mind wandered, replaying that morning with Desmond. He had found her in the secret garden again, this time she was sitting on the swing trying hard not to cry, shivering like a leaf in the wind. Her cloak draped on a nearby tree branch. He had stood her up and wrapped her in a hug, neither saying a word yet saying everything at once. Del was tired, she had been up all night tossing and turning. knowing that sometime soon she was going to have to decide if she was going to have to give up the secret romance with her guard or if she would have to tell her mother that she wasnt going to marry some stranger. She told Desmond this and he responded by telling her that either way she chose he would still be there to protect her. Then, ever so gently he kissed her. His lips were soft and warm against hers, and they fit like two puzzle pieces together.

Del was pulled out her thoughts when one of the Prince's came up and took her hand, kissing it gently, across the room Del could see Des stiffen ever so slightly at the sight. Redness flushing at his cheeks. Delilah would see to it later on that she reminds Des of where her heart lies. After the introductions were thorugh the Princess's escorted their betrothed to their rooms and returned to their quarters. It was after all this that Del flopped into her bed nad stared at the ceiling.

Del was so engrossed in her thoughts that she didn't notice when Desmond snuck into her room. She wasnt aware of his presence until he laid in her bed, pulling her to him. Del let herself curl against his body, the warmth covering every inch between them.

Spoiler! :
Cant think of anything else atm, but hey it's something
I want a Harry Potter reboot with Benedict Cumberbatch as all the characters~~Mem
<3 Formerly Remembrance <3

This page supports the LGBTQ community

99 Reviews

Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:34 pm
View Likes
Remington38 says...

Anumati

Ibsen; the name was unusual and foreign on her tongue. He blows to her and she bows slight back and she motices a small smile grow on his mouth. She would smile back but she could hardly breath at the moment. The man whom she would wed is standing before her, how should she feel? The Prince to wed Del kissed her hand and I notice her eyes shift away and look elsewhere during these few seconds, but he does not appear to be aware.
"Perhaps we shall allow our children to become acquainted with each other whilst we wait for lunch to be served. I of course have much to discuss with you King Stormwinds that we may talk about in the library with a brandy?" Their mothers asks the kind and his kind eyes wink and he girls.
"As long as of course the princes and princesses promise to behave themselves in our absence." He chuckes at his own joke and he follows the Queen to the library. Anumati turns to her sisters and their guests.
"I would suggest the gardens normally for a occasion such as this, but in the current weather it may not be as entirely as welcoming. Perhaps some of the art filled corridors?" Anumati suggests attempting a tone of confidence.
"Oh I assure you Princess Anumati, speaking for my brothers and I that we don't mid the snow and cold, we do not see much of it." The youngest brother says with much enthusiasm and excitement. Feeling Ibsens eyes on her, she manages a smile.
"I do believe that coats are in order then." She says and turns around seeing he servants already rushing to grab them.

Once they are outside, there is a steady snow fall and they wandered around looking at the frost covered vegetation. Anumati with Ibsen in arm wandered off towards the rose part of the garden. She was glad he was not holding her hand, because it was slowly growing clammy and damp with nervous sweat.
"So what is your opinion on the Tundra thus far?" She says breaking the silence, but in all fairness he looks just as uncomfortable as she was.

Cesar Cruiz

Pluviophile- a lover of rain; someone who finds joy/peace of mind on rainy days.

107 Reviews

Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:54 pm
View Likes

Alik Stormwind

"They've been waiting impatiently for you to come for days,' the queen said. Alik gave a small nod to the the youngest princess. She looked a little younger than him, though that didn't matter much to him.

As a slight break of tradition, once the introductions were over, Alik stepped forward to address Farin. My wife to be, he thought to himself. Only an arms length away he knelt down, gazing up to her. With a warm smile he began. "When I was first told of this treaty, I spent days learning about your land and culture. As much as I could find," he said in a steady tone. "To my regret, I found something that filled me with distress." He could sense everyone stiffen, especially his eldest brothers Ibsen. "Your country only has a few months where the ice melts enough that the earth beneath it can see the sun, before they are once again hidden beneath the snow. Meaning that things such as flowers are never given the chance to fully bloom.

In The Plains, the flowers were beginning to sleep, but the thought that you would miss them filled me with such disdain. With that in mind..." He reached into his coat, hearing a few Tundra guards grip their swords, the Plains guard doing the same in response, he withdrew a small, folded cloth. As he opened it, he revealed a pressed bright yellow flower from the castle garden. "I could not let such a travesty continue." He held the flower out to the rather surprised princess, who took it with a hesitant hand. She gave a small motion for him to stand, to which he gladly followed.

The guards all about relaxed. He could tell that Farin was slightly taken aback by his rather spontaneous gift. Their father and the queen headed off to the Library to talk, leaving the Princes and Princesses on their own.

"I would suggest the gardens normally for a occasion such as this, but in the current weather it may not be as entirely as welcoming. Perhaps some of the art filled corridors?" Anumati suggests attempting a tone of confidence.

"Oh I assure you Princess Anumati, speaking for my brothers and I that we don't mid the snow and cold, we do not see much of it," Alik responds. The eldest sister looks worried. As if she is afraid that she will say something wrong

"I do believe that coats are in order then." She says and turns around seeing he servants already rushing to grab them.

Alik remained quiet as Farin walked beside him, his brothers in front of him, beside their betrothed. "I apologize for my over zealousness," he said gently. "I do realize that gifts were not suppossed to be given until tomorrow, but I couldn't help myself."

"You never can," Eli said with a glance back at the younger prince. Farin hid a smile with her hand.

Alik noted that they seemed to be separating a little and took the chance to speak with Farin. "It seems that the books that we have on the Tundra are not very accurate," he said gently as his hand brushed a but of snow from the frost covered flowers. "Though your flowers seem to have more muted colors, you still have a good variety of them."

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:20 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Farin Northguard

When the Plains royal family walked into the music room, Farin's eyes locked with the prince she had seen sliding in the snow outside. Instinctively she was sure that he was the one named Alik.

He seemed to be a couple of years older than her, but she didn't mind that. She just hadn't expected him to be so . . . tall. Nor that he would be so amicable. Farin felt a twinge of guilt since she had not quite felt the same towards him in the past months.

To her even greater surprise, the youngest Plains prince came and knelt before her with a kind, seemingly sincere smile.

"When I was first told of this treaty, I spent days learning about your land and culture. As much as I could find," said Alik. "To my regret, I found something that filled me with distress."

At his words, Farin froze. Does this mean that Prince Alik is not interested in marrying me? Is the treaty off? But why . . .

"In The Plains," he continued, "the flowers were beginning to sleep, but the thought that you would miss them filled me with such disdain. With that in mind . . . I could not let such a travesty continue."

When Alik pulled a cloth from his coat and revealed a pressed flower - a real one from the Plains - Farin fought to keep her mouth from dropping open. Gifts weren't supposed to be given until tomorrow, but still . . . No picture of any Plains flower in a book in the castle library seemed to have as bright colors as this one, even if it was already preserved.

With a hesitating hand, Farin reached out for it, afraid that it would crumble into dust the moment she touched it. But to her relief, it did not. Instead, though, her hand brushed Alik's as she was taking the cloth from him, sending a jolt up her arm. She quickly motioned for him to stand and made herself busy, carefully refolding the cloth and tucking it safely away, to hide the blush coming into her cheeks.

As she and Alik walked through the gardens, she snuck a peek at him as he studied the flowers. Standing right beside him, she felt like a child next to him with their obvious height difference, but she shook her head. I am a Tundran princess. I have nothing to be intimidated of.

"It seems that the books that we have on the Tundra are not very accurate," said Alik, with an apparent appreciation for the plants. "Though your flowers seem to have more muted colors, you still have a good variety of them."

Mustering her voice, Farin replied, "Yes. We do. Our flowers are very important to us." She racked her brain for something else to say; usually, she could talk for hours in someone else's company. "Er, the flower you gave me . . . it's rather lovely. I haven't seen anything like it. Thank you."

At the prince's somewhat surprised but pleased expression, she looked him in the eyes and smiled. She was going to marry this man - it was inevitable - so why act so stiff around him? It would only spare them any possibly unpleasant feelings later. Farin's mother would approve, she knew.

Besides, Prince Alik probably wouldn't mind. Either way, Farin owed him, since he had already been so kind to her.

"Actually," she began, "I have something to give you. Apparently I like to bend tradition as well." Farin quickly undid the clasp on the bracelet wound around her wrist and held it out sheepishly. "It's really simple, but it's all I know how to make on my own. I had hoped to learn to make a bracelet out of metal, but Master Duncan wouldn't let me near his forge when I told him that. I - I hope it fits."

Alik studied the braided leather cords and the shining, silver clasp with interest, then smiled. "It's wonderful. I like simple things anyways."

Relief flooded Farin's mind. "I'm glad." Glancing down again, she said, "Do you mind if I put it on for you?"

Perhaps things would turn out quite all right after all.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

107 Reviews

Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:35 pm
View Likes

Bryn Toltear

Bryn followed after the King and Queen. As much as he may have wanted to intervene in any possibility of affection between the Princes and Princesses, his duties required he be present.

Truthfully he didn't really care about what they were talking about. Mainly addressing the upcoming wedding and where the Princes and Princesses would be placed out in the newly formed kingdom.

"Surprisingly, my youngest Alik has requested that his home be more within the Tundran border," King Rolan said with a chuckle.

"Why is that?" Queen Terra inquired.

"Alik...wanted to be close enough to the Plains that he could take the princess to see the flowers in full bloom every year, but keep her comfortable within her own land. I can't say I like the idea of him being in the cold, but I guess I can't really help it."

"Well there is a Royal place here in the city of Telvim. They are known for the horses that they breed there. It is about two day's journey to the Plains. Would that suffice his desire?" Bryn offered as he pointed to the image on the map.

"I believe it would, yes," King Rolan said with a nod. "Thank you."

Bryn gave a nod, before heading to the window. He could see the Princes and Princesses seeming to learn about one another in the garden. Let them gain a slight attachment. That will make it all the more devastating when it all comes crashing down, Bryn thought, his eyes fixed on Falin - the youngest princess. She might not be the jewel of the Queen's eye, but she was beloved in the kingdom. Rumors of her death at the hands of the Plains would surely start up the war once again.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:04 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Ibsen Stormwind

She asked how he liked the Tundra so far.

Her hand felt so small on his arm, her wrist so tiny. Her pale gray dress was thin - wasn't she cold?

"It's... cold," he said.

Dammit, why wasn't he gifted with the art of witty remarks and pleasant conversation? He furrowed his brow and opened his mouth slightly, willing the appropriate words to spill from his mouth. He thought of what Alik would say. What would Alik say?

Anumati picked up the silence with a laugh, delicate and sweet. "I suppose it is. I'd probably detest the weather of the Plains myself. I would think that it's stifling - is it so?"

"No!" Ibsen said, perhaps a bit too passionately. He coughed into his free elbow. "Pardon. It's just that... I hold my home very dear to my heart. It's beautiful. The sun brushes your skin with Delor's soft, dry winds, and warms you all the way through to your bones. It's healing. Gives you goosebumps." He coughed again, awkwardly. "Pardon," he said again.

"No, no, don't be sorry. I think it's wonderful that you love your home so much."

"Perhaps. But it's no good to be complaining of the state of things here, in the Tundra. It's very nice, it really is. The castle is beautiful. More impressive than anything I've ever seen. And the cold isn't really so bad."

"Not when you're used to it, no."

"Your hair looks pretty," Ibsen said. "Did you put it up yourself?"

Anumati smiled. "Yes. Thank you."

Score.

Wait, why was he trying to impress her?

His marriage to this girl, Anumati, was strictly political business. He had no choice in it, and neither did she. Alik would suggest he make the most of it, but Ibsen didn't want to. He didn't feel right about all this. He'd been born into a society that worshiped the deity of the sun; he loved a girl with sunshine hair. Now he was being forced into the cold dark cellar of the Tundra, and the moment he was wed to Anumati the trapdoor would be shut behind him and locked. All for the good of the people.

Was he willing to make that sacrifice?

Willing might not be the right word, but yes, he'd do it. Ibsen sighed out loud, despite himself.

"Do you enjoy reading?" she asked.

"Yes, I do. Do you?"

A smile spread on her lips. "Oh, yes! I have to read a lot of books on political science and the like - you know, to prepare for my future duties - but when I have the time I love reading more enjoyable things."

"You too? Good Delor, can political science be taxing. Have you read Machiavelli?"

She face-palmed. "Don't. Mention. That name."

He laughed. "I will gladly oblige."

"Thank you. I don't really understand what good reading that book does. When I'm not falling asleep on the pages and actually trying to comprehend what he's saying, I'm convinced that he's mad."

"Perhaps our respective parents want us to read it so that we can understand what not to do."

"Perhaps. I still think it's dumb."

Never had he met someone around his age whom he could relate to so well. When it came to monarchical education, at least. Sure, Eli and Alik had plentiful training themselves, but Ibsen's was considerably more strenuous; to his knowledge, for instance, neither brother had read Machiavelli. They were spared the torture because they weren't the eldest.

"What are your thoughts on this whole... arrangement?" he asked her.
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

99 Reviews

Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:48 pm
View Likes
Remington38 says...

Anumati

The smile she was beginning to enjoy the feeling of is slowly dropping and slips away from her grasp. The one question she dreaded him asking. His curious gaze did not break when he saw her reaction, and she was searching for the right thing to say. Of course she didn't enjoy the idea of the arrangement, but it is her duty as the eldest and didn't have much of a choice in the matter. She had come to peace with not being in control of her future a long time ago. Though it's not like she would find anyone anyway, the males of the kingdom had always found Anumati a bit odd and peculiar.

"It is what I have found to be, out of our control. I have no opinion in the matter because it is what it is. Though I have often been seen an unusual princess so the likelyhood of finding someone for me was slim anyway." She realizes that she said the second part out loud and her face flushed a shade of pink.

"What other books do you read?" Anumati says quickly changing the topic. She feared his answer and opinion on the matter. She was chewing on her lip again and the metallic and salty taste of blood hinted on her tongue.

While he kindly continued the conversation of books and other such readings she found herself staring at him. The way he talked with his hands making violent gestures when reaching the conversations about certain Epics and tragedies. Then the way he seems to analyze his surroundings taking in everything. The part that pleased her the most was neither of them mentioned their siblings, which hardly happened in a conversation with her. It was almost as if he cared enough to listen to her and not admire her funny or prettier sisters.

He may not have a choice in the matter, considering he is to be wed to me and not by his decision.

She reminded herself that this may not be as easy for him and it is still rather difficult for herself. She could not let her guard down for him.

"Don't you agree?" He asks and made her jump slightly and she says nothing not paying attention to what he said before. When she says nothing in reply he restated his question. "I find Plato's Allegory of the Cave quit interesting though my brothers do not share the same conclusion." He looks off to the side as if waiting for one of them to walk in and intrude.

"Oh yes, I adore reading the works of philosophy am such it makes my thoughts feel important and for a greater reason, but my secret favorite is poetry. The world makes so much more sense with the rhythmical lines flowing so elegantly." Anumati's face beams when she talks about poetry and you can almost picture her reciting lines to herself and in her head.

At that moment Farin wanders in with Alik and she was holding his hand and something in the other.
"Is she boring you yet with her ridiculous literature?" She says with a smile and it appears Aliks michevious nature is beginning to rub off.

"I don't think it is possible to bore Ibsen he loves boring history and books." Alik says with a grin.

"Yes but it seems that we are the more intelligent ones here because of it." Anumati says back quickly and Aliks grin grows even more at her snappy comeback. She realizes then how much closer in age she is with Alik than Ibsen and yet there is such a difference in maturity that she has seen thus far. At that moment a servant walks us and informs us to come back into the castle. She looks back at Ibsen and then walk together inside, she doesn't remember the last time she has smiled like that.

Cesar Cruiz

107 Reviews

Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:20 am
View Likes

Alik Stormwind

Alik looked over the bracelet with a warm gaze. The weaving leather and silver clasps were truly crafted with delicate hands. "It's wonderful. I like simple things anyway," he said.

"Do you mind if I put it on you?" Falin asked.

Alik gave a small chuckle before presenting his left wrist to her. She deftly wrapped the leather around his wrist twice before clasping the silver clasp to lock it in place. Her fingertips having brushed along his skin gently as she did so. "Thank you. I will treasure it," he said warmly.

As he returned his gaze to her face, he couldn't help but see how beautiful she was. Her eyes sparkled and they seemed to be full of such hope for the future. That peace would finally be had.

Offering his arm once again he moved through the garden before finding Ibsen and the eldest princess together, their expressions seeming to border on interest and their public facades. "Is she boring you get with her ridiculous literature?" Falin inquired.

Alik smiled. "I don't think it is possible to bore Ibsen. He loves boring history and books."

From Ibsen's expression he guessed that his eldest brother did not appreciate his joke. "Yes, but it seems we are the more intelligent for it," the eldest princess remarked.

Alik's grin broadened as he saw the princess seeming to come out of her shell a little. Then a servant came asking for the prince's and princesses.

They were led into a massive dinning hall with a table running the length of the room. The surface cut from a slab of marble. The Plains were placed on one side and the Tundra placed on the opposite side. To the side was a small group of minstrels playing soft music for entertainment.

The servants brought in platters of food that was steaming and warming to the soul. The room was eerily silent compared to the conversations they were having in the garden. The tension was strong enough that it seemed to put everyone into a silent moment.

Looking around, Alik could see that the guards on both sides seemed to be on the verge of attacking one another. Alik sighed as he called a servant to him. In a hushed tone he asked for something, which the servant gave a nod to before hurrying off.

Looking across the table, he could see the confusion on Farin's face and just gave her a smile. It didn't take long for the servant to return with a violin and bow in hand. Alik stood and headed to the softly playing minstrels.

He turned back to the table of confused faces and gave a grin. "I originally planned on playing this on the day of the wedding, but it seems that we are in need of this Tundran Yuletide song to begin the festivities."

With a nod the minstrels began the music with Alik playing along on his violin. He kept his eyes on the crowd as he began moving through the crowd and playing along. His smile and music was infectious. Slowly the air stopped being so tense and the joy of the music.began to show on the faces of Plains and Tundran alike.

Slowly servants and soldiers began to enjoy the festivities as Alik danced about the hall with his violin under his chin and playing to the the song of Yuletide.

Spoiler! :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CgBs3-BlqA

If we choose, we can live in a world of comforting illusion.
— Noam Chomsky