z

Young Writers Society

The Adventurer's Apprentice

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:40 am
Griffinkeeper says...

The Kingdom of Wind Valley is a prosperous place. It's citizens are well fed; educated, and protected, thanks in large part to the heroes that live there. The King makes good use of heroes, using small teams with highly trained professionals to prevent larger wars from starting.

However, as evil has begun to rise, the limited teams are starting to become outnumbered. As a result, the Royal Academy has begun training new adventurers in the basics of how to become an adventurer. The culmination of this training is an apprenticeship with a team of adventurers. Only after they complete this apprenticeship will they be able to join their elite ranks.

Your character is either a master or an apprentice. You don't have to chose between them, you could write for both a master-apprentice pair if you wish. People have to pass the academy process first, so they're not likely to be any lone-wolf characters, much less evil ones.

Normal storybook rules will apply, please submit profiles.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

I love her dearly, but I can’t live with her for a day without feeling my whole life is wasting away.
— Miss Kenton, The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro