z

Young Writers Society

Six SOULs

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:42 pm
sheysse says...

Its the year 201X, and you and your five friends have decided to climb Mt. Ebott. Legend has it that anyone who climbs the mountain will never return, but you believe this is just a tale to keep children from exploring a dangerous mountain. Your group, being 12, decide you're old enough to scale a silly mountain, and you stumble upon the entrance to the Underground.

Many years ago, war broke out between humans and monsters. The monsters were defeated and sealed in the underground. Mt. Ebott is the only known unsealed entrance, which leads to the ruins. You and your friends will travel to the barrier, face monsters, and hopefully go home. Will you spare those who challenge you, or slay them in cold blood?

---

You've likely figured out that this is an Undertale fan storybook. If you know nothing of Undertale but still want to join, feel free to message me and I'll give you the run-down without spoils.

Just a little background on how this connects to Undertale. You are one of the six human souls which Asgore captured. This means that at the end, your character will die. This is unavoidable. This story takes place before Sans and Papyrus have “appeared.” They will not be in the story. W. D. Gaster is still the Royal Scientist, and Alphys is his apprentice. Other than that, your adventures will basically mimic Frisk's.

Your character may want to commit genocide, but pacifist seeking characters in the group will stop them. In the end, as a group, a neutral run will be completed, except that Asgore kills you.

Your character will have SAVE and RELOAD abilities, but you can only rewind parts of the story with approval from the rest of the participants.

---

Rules:
1. No sex. These are 12 year olds.
2. Swearing is allowed, but don't do it every other line.
3. Be realistic with murder. Don't just make your character do it cause it seemed fun to them. Have a good reason. Same goes for Pacifism.
4. Remember that you're a seventh grader trapped in a huge cave with monsters. Keep that in mind when writing about emotions.
5. No being overpowered.
6. No killing off characters without permission.
7. Do not do anything which would make the events of Undertale impossible (E.g. Killing off Alphys. She's alive in the game, which is this SB's future, so she cannot die.)
8. No SAVING and RELOADING without permission from all participants.
9. Have fun!

---

Characters:

There are six roles, one for each soul, but if we somehow get more than six people to join, I'll figure out more roles.

Here's the Character Template:

Code: Select all
Name:
Color of Soul:
Physical Description (Must wear a striped T-shirt for uniformity):
Personality:
Genocide or Pacifist?:
Weapon (If Genocidal. Use a weapon from the game):
Up for Romance? (We're talking 12 year old romance):

---

Have fun. Or you're gonna have a bad time.

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:00 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Karter groaned, pale blue eyes blinking open. It was dark, almost so much that he couldn't see anything. He sat up, rubbing his head before looking around. He was in a cavern of some sort. Standing up, Karter brushed off his shirt and took an uncertain step toward a black hole in the wall. Maybe he could find help outside.

What Karter saw when he left the cavern was a bright patch of yellow flowers. A small smile crossed the boy's pale face and he knelt to pick one.
"Hey!" Karter looked up at the voice, eyes widening. "Who are you?" the person said, arms folded.
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

176 Reviews

Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:41 am
View Likes
sheysse says...

Conor Ellis

I stood, watching carefully as the boy knelt before the flowers. He slowly and cautiously turned towards me, his face becoming recognizable.
"Karter?!" I said, and he immediately registered who I was. "You're here too?"
He looked around. "I would imagine the others are as well, if we looked hard enough. Karter stood up and began walking around space.
"Where are you going?"
"To find them. We should stay together." Motion in the corner of my eye stopped me from hearing Karter's last sentence. Beside me, a flower was moving.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:15 pm
View Likes
LittleWriter14 says...

Briar Watson

I pushed myself up to a sitting position and slowly opened my eyes. The first thing I was aware of was the feeling of cool, smooth stone beneath me. It was very dark. “Where am I?” I whispered. My voice quietly bounced back to me, ricocheting off the walls.

I stood, squinting as I slowly became more aware of my surroundings. My body felt a little sore but other than that I appeared to be okay. A feeling of panic rose within me as I frantically felt my pockets for my Journal. I couldn’t have lost it! Where was it?

Dropping to my hands and knees I crawled around feeling the cavern floor for my beloved Journal. I would be lost without that Journal. My hands brushed over the cool stone with no avail until I was nearly halfway across the cavern. Suddenly I felt the familiar texture of paper beneath my fingers. Picking up my Journal I stood and hugged it to my chest, a wave of relief washing over me.

I turned. There appeared to be a dark opening in the wall. Every scary story I have ever read tells me not to go through but it seems to be the only way. Looking down to make sure that my Journal wasn’t too damaged I took the first few steps towards the opening and immediately crashed into something, losing my balance.

My hand flew to my mouth to stifle my scream as whatever I had run into grabbed ahold of my arm. I tried to get away, taking a step back into the lighter part of the cavern. I looked back at the source of my terror and gasped in shock. The yellow shirt and cowboy boots told me all I needed to know. “Jesse?”

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:06 am
View Likes
SarcasticSlytherin says...

As I gazed around this ... Wherever I was, I found some sort of doorway that led to somewhere about as dark and unidentifiable as wherever I currently stood.

I bit my lip, thinking over whether it was better to stay here and wait for someone to come or to go through the literal hole in the wall and try to find my friends. Odds are if I ended up here that they must be near by. The decision seemed obvious and I began to move towards the exit.

That is, until something ran into me. Acting on impulse, I whirled around and grabbed at whatever or whoever had just hit me before they could get away. They squirmed, seeming panicked, and backed up into a shaft of light coming from above us.

I didn't even need to register the green eyes, grey shirt, or journal the person in front of me was holding to figure out who they were. As soon as the word "Jesse?" came out of their mouth in that tentative, unsure tone I knew exactly who it was.

"Briar!" I sort of shouted at my terrified friend. She flinched, and I pulled her into a hug. "I'm so glad I'm not alone here." I admitted, feeling her relax at my words, knowing she wasn't the only scared one. I let her go, still smiling and glad that I'd found my friend.

"We should try to find the others, I'm sure they're here somewhere." I looked around the room one more time, my hand moving to the gun I had in the holster hidden under my baggy shirt. Admittedly, I've never used a gun. I hope I never have to use it. Truthfully, I'm not too sure how to use. But if it's what I have to do to protect my friends, then I won't hesitate to shoot.

Keeping my friends in mind as the main objective, I turn and head for the door I saw earlier. As Briar and I head through it, I can't help but think about the stories of monsters under Mt. Ebott. The monsters from the big war against the humans. I tighten my grip on my gun, trying to prepare myself for whatever awaits us down here.

176 Reviews

Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:29 am
sheysse says...

Conor Ellis

I turned to look at the moving flower beside me. It had a face.

"Karter. That flower has a face."

"Howdy!" It said, all bubbly and excited. "I'm Flowey, the flower. Welcome to the underground! I can show you the ropes down here, if you want!"

"No, we're good," I said dissmisively.

"So, in the underground, LOVE is spread through the use of white friendliness pellets."

"Fine, I guess."

"Lemme show you!" The flower smiled and created white cylinders in the air. Catch!" He fired the pellets at them. Instinctively I ducked to the side, but Karter hadn't. He was slammed with them in a painful flurry of white.

"Ow! What kinda LOVE is that?" Karter shouted. He had abrasions in several spots where the white attacks had hit him.

Flowey's face changed into a morbid creation. "You idiot. In this world it's kill or be killed. I will become a god."

A circle of white pellets encircled them, and were trapped. Panicking, I grabbed a random branch (maybe it fell with us from the mountain?) that was lying on the ground and smashed a few of the attacks. It created a gap that me and Karter ran through. The other pellets chased us, but we turned a corner and began swatting them down as they followed. Eventually they were gone, and we took off down a corridor that lay behind us.

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:00 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Karter, breathing hard, turned to Conor. "What....." He gasped, "was that?" His side and chest hurt. A lot. He hadn't expected to get slammed by "friendliness pellets" or whatever the hell they were called.
"Why did that thing want to kill us?" Karter asked, sitting down and removing his shirt to take a look at the damage.
"I dunno," Conor said. "Maybe it's territorial? This is a weird place, man." Karter shrugged and touched one of his injuries lightly, wincing.
"We should try and find the others."
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:21 pm
View Likes
RippleGylf says...

Jack Freeman

Jack shook himself awake, moaning. He leapt to his feet. The pain in his back suddenly flared. Of course, he just had to include the cast-iron skillet in his pack. Yeah, it seemed like a perfectly fine idea, until he landed on it. Honestly, what was he thinking? Wincing, he opened the bag to check his other supplies. Flashlight? Crushed. Water bottle? Burst. Matches? Soaked. Cookbook? Well, at least that was intact. Slightly damp, but intact.

He looked around. It was a cave, of some sort. In the distance, he could hear a faint shuffling sound. It seemed to be coming closer.

"Hello?" he called out, with a challenge in his voice. Instinctively, he picked up the stupid pan that had broken his fall. The sound paused, then accelerated towards him. Out from the shadows, a giant goat appeared. A goat?

"Are you... are you alright, my child?"

It was a giant, talking goat. Wearing a purple dress. Jack stepped backwards. His arm fell loosely at his side, the skillet clattering to the ground.

"Am I alright? What in the world is going on? You're a goat!" The words tumbled out of his mouth.

"Oh! Did I frighten you? I'm sorry, it's just... you appear to have fallen down."

Jack glanced upwards. Above, he could see an opening to a sunlit sky.

"I'm fine, I think. Who... are you?"

"I'm Toriel, and your name, my child?"

"Jack."

"Very well, Jack. Would you mind coming with me? The Underground isn't the most hospitable place for humans, lately."

He hesitated. There were several 'stranger danger' alarms going off inside his head, not to mention the fact that this was definitely not a human being, but there didn't seem to be an alternative.

"... okay."
"Eternity, I hear you calling, but you will not have me yet."

176 Reviews

Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:38 am
sheysse says...

Conor Ellis

"Hey Conor, I think there might be a light up ahead." Karter pointed out. He was right. At the end of the tunnel they were following, there appeared to be a pinprick of light. They looked at each other, nodded, and ran towards it.

Eventually the tunnel opened into a wide cavern. It was tinted pinkish, and a dead tree stood in the center. On the far side was what seemed to be a house.

"Conor, bad idea," Karter warned as Conor opened the door.

"If we stay out here, the flower could come back," Conor reasoned from the doorway. "Relax, no one's home."

They cautiously stepped inside and looked around. It appeared to be a stairwell they were in, with two hallways to their left and right. Karter began going right, and Conor followed.

They were treading down the creaky hallway when they heard the door open. Conor pulled open the first door, and beckoned Karter in. They closed the door and hid.

"My child, this is my, and now your, house." The voice came through muffled. "Down this hallway is your bedroom."

Conor realized they were in a bedroom all too late. The doorknob turned, and the door was pulled open. Conor and Karter, who had both been resting on the door itself, were sent tumbling backwards.

A goat woman stood before them, looking shocked. Behind her was...

"Jack?"

I think I have thankfully avoided being quoted.
— Lavvie