The Ghosts of Wildegate

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:28 pm
View Likes
Kelpies says...

Jane

"Umm... Yes." Thomas said, glancing at Lucas. "What of it?"

"Have you seen my body?" I interrupted, staring at Lucas.

"No." He said coolly.

"Okay." I went to walk through a wall to search some more, but ended up bouncing off of it and landing on the floor. "That's a wall..." I laughed, apparently walls were a hilarious phenomenon. I could hear the party festivities happening in the background. "I'm gonna go back to the party. If someone else is going to try to eat my body I'll bet they'll be there."

"That's the first logical thing you've said in a while." Thomas commented. I chose to ignore him, choosing another wall to float through and follow the noise.

I found the party easily enough, and then scouted all the rooms around it. I found my body after going through three rooms, and I wasn't alone.

It was a slow transition from sleep to reality. I opened my eyes groggily, taking in the scene. A woman too attractive to be human sat in a chair across from me, straddling the back of the chair- seeming to try to look rebellious- I simply thought she looked too lazy to turn the chair around and sit in it the way it was made to be sat in. "Oh, you're awake, good." She grinned, her amber eyes becoming blaringly apparent. "This wouldn't have been any fun until you were awake."

Succubus!!!! My brain screamed. Vampires? Fine. Werewolves? No problem. Succubi? Now those were creepy. I quickly gauged my options. I was currently tied to a chair. I had to get out of that before I could do anything else. I couldn't use my dagger because I knew that if she cried for help there would be a swarm of people jumping to her rescue.

"This would be a lot more interesting if you untied me." I winked at her, the gesture felt foreign and awkward.

"Whatever you say, tender young morsel." She said, removing my bonds. As soon as she let me go I removed my left shoe, such an inconspicuous object...

She didn't suspect that it was a dart gun until it was too late. I fired and a split second later she slumped on the ground, unconscious. The silencer was effective, but I wouldn't be surprised that if some creature was listening they could hear it. I took off my other shoe- I couldn't walk with one on and one off, and something told me I'd need both of them.

I left the room, going a little bit farther away from the noise. I wondered if there was anyone else in these rooms, being preyed upon by creatures. I peeked into the next room I came across- my suspicions were immediately justified.

I texted Thomas, giving him directions to where I was and asking for backup. He of all people would want to stop a conversion to lycanthropy.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:26 pm
View Likes
JuliasSneezer says...

OLIVER ROBERTS:

The gears of his mind whirred desperately as that- that [i]girl[i/] floated through a wall. Honestly, had anyone told him that any of this would happen, he'd at least say that he'd get used to these strange sort of happenings by now. But he had a feeling that if he ended up staying in this accursed place for a decade, he'd continue to stay surprised. He brushed aside the rush of fear that ripped through him at the thought of being stuck here for such a long time.

"Umm... she just floated through a wall." Was all he managed.

Lucas turned around, looking slightly annoyed. "Yes."

"Hey, I know her!" Luke realized, pointing at Schadel.

Schadel gave a nervous smile and a little wave. "Yeah, hi!"

"Didn't you turn into the embodiment of darkness last time I saw you?" Luke asked, feigning indifference.
"When in doubt, improvise!"
-Winny the woodpecker

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:49 pm
Mageheart says...

SCHADEL H. KUEPER

"I did," Schadel sheepishly replied. She gave the boy a nervous smile as she continued talking. "It was just a ruse. I didn't want you or your friend to get hurt, so I came up with a lie about my plans to feed on Liz. She's my assistant; I own Schadel's Necromancy Agency. To explain my appearance, I'm a grim reaper."

Luke paled.

She hurriedly added, "I'm not going to take your soul or anything like that! You're not dead. I would only do that if you had died, and some other grim reaper would probably do it instead because I'm not really supposed to do that unless it's an emergency-"

There was a ping as Thomas received a text. Schadel assumed that it was from Jane, who had most likely managed to find her body. He took one look at it before glancing up and saying, "We need to get to where Jane is."

"Why?" Lucas slowly asked.

"Because someone is going to be converted into a werewolf. She said his name is Cameron."

Schadel and Liz exchanged surprised glances. "Didn't those two come to deal with the ghost that supposedly haunted the mansion?" her assistant slowly questioned.

The grim reaper nodded.

Thomas looked back up from his phone. "Jane says that they're doing something with a ghost...She said they were binding the soul to his body..."

"But why in the world would someone do that?" Schadel questioned. "If it was the girl's body, I might understand why. But it's not. So..." She crossed her arms and groaned. "I know the answer is right in front of me!"

A voice spoke up, quiet and frustrated. "If you keep discussing the reasons for their actions, we will not be able to save Cameron," Lucas promptly informed the group. Realizing that he was onto something, the others quickly decided that they needed to start moving.

"I got it!" Schadel suddenly exclaimed as they all turned the corner. "Cameron isn't a human! I'm not sure what it is, but they wanted his body to suffer a human effect."

"What on Earth do you mean?" Edward asked.

The grim reaper grinned as they continued to rush through the complex. "I'm not a human. If you tried to make me into a vampire or a werewolf, it wouldn't work. But binding a human soul to my body, on the other hand, would make me susceptible to those things. So someone knows what Cameron is, and wants him to become a werewolf for whatever reason." She looked down at her scythe. "I should be able to sever the girl's soul from his body. I'm not sure if that would cure him of being a werewolf, but it's worth a shot!"
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:14 am
View Likes
Kelpies says...

Jane

Thomas came running around the corner, with many other people on his tail. I recognized them- some of them I didn't know why. When they were within three yards of me I kicked down the door. I held my shoe leveled at the head of the werewolf- the one that was doing the converting that is- and the vampire. "You have teeth, superhuman strength, and pretty much every reason to attack me. I have silver bullets. Now, release your captives or I pull the trigger." The werewolf had already bitten his victim, but there wasn't anything I could do about that now, but get him out of here.

The werewolf dropped his quarry and charged me, I wasn't sure I wanted to kill him so I sent a warning shot through his earlobe. He screamed in pain as his allergic reaction to the silver bullet took a hold of him. Thomas then leapt into action, getting the vampire away from the other hostage without getting either of them bitten. This was pretty easy- he'd been in his fair share of scrapes. How couldn't he have? He was usually with me. I dragged the newly converted person out of the room, waiting for Thomas to follow me with his comrade. As soon as Thomas and Adrian were out of the door I closed it forcefully.

There was no cure for lycanthropy. Not yet anyway. I bit my lip, looking up at Schadel. I didn't know how I knew she was Schadel, because her form was not human anymore. "Can you help him?" I asked- wondering why I didn't think it was a lost cause.

She nodded. "I can try," she immediately set to work.

"Alright, I've been unconscious for a while- chlorophorm. Can someone fill me in on what happened?" Quite a few of the group gaped at me. "What? was it something I said?"

"She doesn't know." Thomas told them. I stared at them- confused. Was I supposed to know something I didn't? What was it?

"What don't I know? Besides the obvious like the meaning of life."

Thomas set a hand on my shoulder as if to reassure me of something, leading me a little ways away from the group. He bit his lip "Jane, while you were unconscious you left your body."

I paused, then I laughed. "I didn't know you were into practical jokes."

"This is serious Jane."

"Oh c'mon, I'm not that gullible. People don't just leave their bodies unless they're dead." As soon as that was out of my mouth I remembered my dreams. That's how I knew it was Schadel.

What if that was real? What if it was all real?

I dismissed that feeling as folly. I walked back to the group. "Anything I can do to help? He's bound to the soul of a ghost girl, I'm not sure how to separate them seeing as neither of them were willing for this to happen, but I could always give her a place to stay if you can separate them." Something occurred to me. "Oh, clever clever werewolf... You're not human are you? Sorry to say it, but now you're probably a werewolf as well."
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

A person is a fool to become a writer. His only compensation is absolute freedom. He has no master except his own soul, and that, I am sure, is why he does it.
— Roald Dahl