Young Writers Society

Hogwarts Students and The Years We Lived with Harry Potter

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:28 pm
View Likes
LordZeus says...

Lucius Salazar Darkflame

Luke gasped as Clara fell from the broomstick. He lunged outward for her hand, yelling after her, but lost his balance and fell as well.

Dementors swirled around them, draining all happy thoughts rom his head. His. mind started to turn to despair. Luke felt himself slipping out of consciousness. No. he thought. No, I must stay awake. In a flash, he knew what he had to do. He released the dragon. For once, his carefully built up emotional blocks were blown apart intentionally, and the raging beast within was loose.

His arms elongated, his body expanded, and he his insides shift and change. Flames blasted from still mainly human face, and the dementors fled.

Even before they were fully formed, his wings managed to keep him aloft as he grew and grew. His eyes turned to Clara, and he stretched out his claws and grasped her tenderly, catching her just before she hit the ground.

Right then, Luke was startled by two things. Despite his rage being let loose, he had not lost control of the dragon, and two, it felt good.

His pent up anger was free was for once, and he felt its fiery heat raging through his entire body.

He blasted flames around him, revelling in his power. He had never felt better. But then the world started to spin around him as he felt his energy levels fall.

He managed to beat his wings once more, just enough to keep him up in the air to let down Clara safe to the ground.

Then, with a wounded roar, he fell too the ground, his wings crashing down beside him, and he blacked out.

----

Luke awoke surrounded by friends, with Clara in the infirmary bed next to him. They talked for a while, but he kept furtively glancing at Clara, certain that she knew of his animagus abilities.

He couldn't help but let out a quiet sigh of relief when he realized she can't seen him. The dementors must've made her unconscious before I transformed. he realized.

When Godric asked about what happened, Luke obliged, saying, "I was taking Clara for a ride after practice, when the demeanors surrounded us. Clara fell off the broom, but I managed to fly down and grab her before I fell myself. Luckily, I was low enough at that point that didn't do much to either of us. Then I felt unconscious. I don't know what happened after that."

"Hagrid found you in the woods." said Hermione. Her eyes were puffy, an Luke could tell she'd been crying. "You two were laying there unconscious." she continue, glancing at Luke before lowering her eyes. She still likes me! he realized. I mean, even after what she said, she still does.

"Alright now, everyone out." said Madame Pomfrey as she came into the room. "These two need the rest." Several groaned, but everyone said their goodbyes and left, followed by Madame Pomfrey, who blew out the lamp.

Taking adavantage of their absence, Luke decided to question Clara.

"So, Clara." said Luke, getting up from his bed and walking over to sit at the foot of Clara's.
"What do you remember before going unconscious?"

"Not much." she replied. "I just remember falling, and then going unconscious. Why?"

"Nothing." Luke lied, now happily certain that his secret was still safe. "Just curious."

As he looked at her, he suddenly remembered the image of her frightened face as she fell; her eyes glazed over in fear, her mouth slightly open, as if in shock. It felt like it was frozen into his memory. He felt a rush of protectiveness for her. Man, I really do care about her. And, on an impulse, he hugged her.

"I was afraid I'd lost you, when you fell." he whispered. "Uh...uh-huh." she stammered back, obviously quite surprised, but hugged him back.

Suddenly, he heard a cough, and they separated quickly, Luke jumping back. When Luke saw Hermione standing in the doorway, glancing at the both if them suspiciously, he felt immediately guilty.

"Just thought I should ask." she muttered, her gas fixing challengingly on Luke. "Did you see anything when you were up there? Hagrid said he did."'

Luke shook his head, cursing inside. "No, nothing."

Clara asked. "So,what did he see?" Luke thought she had looked a bit guilty right as Hermione walked in, raising his hopes that she might share the feelings that had recently come to the surface for him.

Hermione turned to Clara. "Well, I'm not quite sure he's right but..." and she paused, giving Luke a sideways glance before continuing, "He said he saw a dragon."

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:26 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Robert
Saturday Evening, Study Group

Robert had been zipping around the library, scouring shelves, reading the first pages of books, putting them back again, making mental notes, and looking again.
He was holding a pile of books for Herbology, Potions, and Transfiguration, and in the middle of the pile, Twelfth Night and The Merchant of Venice.
He'd been possessed by a sudden fit of studious zeal, and was determined to get as much done as he could while it was still going.

''I've barely seen you at all since the Quidditch game today.'' Medora repeated loudly. Robert looked up from the bookshelf, only just registering that she had been talking to him. He moved a hand to cover up the titles of the Shakespeare books, hoping she hadn't noticed them.

''Oh, right. Hi.'' he said, before looking back at the shelves again.

Medora moved so she was standing more in the way. ''What's got you so excited?''

''It so happens that I want to be a Healer, and for that you need at least five N.E.W.T.s, with a mark of either 'Outstanding' or 'Exceeds Expectations' at Potions, Transfiguration, Herbology, Charms, and Defence Against the Dark Arts.
And I'm behind on my homework.'' he said all this quickly, almost in one breath.

''Slow down, that's a lot to think about at once. You can't possibly have that much homework to do right now-'' Medora began. She stopped because Robert had noticed Rain, and speedwalked over to her. Medora blinked at him indignantly.

Robert pulled a folded up paper from his robe pocket and handed it to Rain.
''Would you have a look over my essay for Snape? I'd like a second opinion before I hand it in.'' he said.

''I'm not sure...'' she said. She didn't seem overexcited at the prospect of reading an essay on 'how to recognise and kill werewolves', particularly one written by a close friend.

''Trust me on this.'' he said, trying to sound assuring.

''All right.'' she said, still looking uneasy. ''When do you want it back?'' she called after him, as he was already walking away.

''Don't worry about it, I wrote two copies,'' he called back.

''What was that about?'' Medora said with some annoyed exasperation when he met her again at the bookshelf.

''Sorry, I wasn't sure if I'd catch her again soon, and the message was sort of important.'' he said, still looking more at the books than at her.

''Robert.'' she said. He looked at her. ''Is something going on?''

''Yes. I was passing her an essay I wrote so I could get a second opinion. It involves very illicit insights on modern society.'' Robert said plainly, meeting her gaze as he spoke.

Medora gave up on the matter. ''You're going to meet me and Godric once you've got your books together, right?'' she said.

''Of course.'' Robert replied sincerely. She left, and he pondered over that werewolf essay he had just handed to Rain. He knew it was likely he would get in trouble for it, as it was definitely not the angle on the subject Snape had wanted.
But he'd already made up his mind, for Rain's sake. So he decided to forget about it for the time being, and focus on what he was doing.

He made his way back to the table, where Godric, Medora, and some other people he knew were talking and working, and Rain was silently reading.

Spoiler! :
Werewolves are dangerous. Under the influence of the full moon, they lose their minds, and are ruled by primal, bloodthirsty compulsions. They pose a danger to magical and nonmagicalkind. However, it is a grievous mistake to forget that they are our kind.

Whenever report of a child being attacked by Fenrir Greyback comes out, the public responds to the tragedy with sympathy. Adult werewolves, however, are met with nothing but fear and revulsion.

Upon examination of the standards that a 'good' werewolf is expected to follow, I find them to be incredibly difficult. The Wolfsbane potion that allows a werewolf to keep their human mind during transformation is incredibly complex and difficult to brew, and also requires expensive ingredients. This makes it as good as impossible for the majority of werewolves to access it, as many of them struggle with poverty due to their difficulty in finding employment.

The Ministry's efforts, such as the Werewolf Registry and Werewolf Support Services, amounted to nothing. No werewolves came forth to declare themselves to an establishment that not only periodically swung between classifying them as Being or Beast, but also had a Werewolf Capture Unit.

We are doing no favours to the children that we so readily offer our sympathy to by sending them our thoughts and prayers, and then maintaining social policies that make civilian life with their condition as good as impossible.

We see these people as vermin, when we should see them as patients.
The Wolfsbane Potion in itself is proof that it is possible to treat this condition.
(A potion that we should be prescribing and supplying to the afflicted, not only to alleviate their suffering, but also as a public safety measure for everyone.)
It is true that expert magiphysicans have been searching for a cure for hundreds of years.
It is true that it may be even longer before another breakthrough is made.

But it is up to us to make this society a place where the afflicted and the unaffected can live safely together in the meantime.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:46 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

Clara Black

Luke wrapped his arms around me, encompassing me in a beautiful tension I'd never imagine could break.

"I was afraid I'd lost you, when you fell." He whispered, causing my heart to race. He cared about me? Maybe it was just friendly, I mean, no one would want a friend to... perish.

"Uh..." I paused, unsure of what to say, my heart wanted what it wanted, "Uh-huh," I hugged him back, enjoying the few moments I could steal away with him. Even if my body felt weak, and hugging was only slightly painful, it was worth it.

Just as if God and faith hated us, I heard a cough come from across the room. We jumped apart, seeing Hermione with red cheeks. She had no emotion tracing her face, she always portrayed the strong one, which I really admired. But now, I looked sick to her, I hugged her ex, and it looked to be more than a hug cause it felt like more, to me, oh silly me.

It couldn't be more, it was all in my head. I needed to stop fantasizing over him. Hermione is not a girl you get over, he must still love her.

She had asked if we saw something when we were attacked. Thinking back, I could barely remember what even happened...

Luke and I were sky high, blazing through the sky with smiles playing on our faces.
My heart was racing, and I didn't know if it was the anxiety of being so far off the ground, or the fact that every part of my body was touching Luke's, or both.

He rode the broom like a master, do I dare say, he's better than Harry? We zoomed through the wondrous clouds, enjoying the warm fall air.

As we rode, it grew colder. Maybe it was the speed we were going at, or how high we were getting. Then I noticed, my assumptions were far off. Black cloaked figures flew up to us, their mouths wide open, ready to suck out our souls. I clung onto Luke, praying we'd get out somehow.

"Luke! Fly away!" I screamed, watching one of the few Dementors approaching me.

"I'm trying, but my broom is frozen." He hissed.

I stared at the Dementor, my eyes glued to his not existent face. It opened it's mouth wider, sucking all the happiness I ever had. Cold filled my body, as if numbing all my senses. Suddenly, the world seemed dull, as did my existence.

And then, everything went black and I felt free, falling into wherever I was going.

"No, nothing." Luke confirmed, shaking his head.

I swallowed hard, trying to ignore the memory. I would never want to feel like that ever again, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

"So, what did he see?" I asked.

Hermione faced me, "Well, I'm not quite sure he's right but..." She took a moment, glancing at Luke for a moment, guilt filled my stomach. Was she not happy with me for hugging Luke? "He said he saw a dragon."

I rose an eyebrow at Hermione, "Are you sure that's what he said?" I paused, looking at both Luke and Hermione. "I know they are real, but here? At Hogwarts? Muggles would dream to see a dragon, and if I missed out..." I huffed, a bit disappointed if this was true. "I'll cry."

As I was growing up, it's been my dream to see a dragon, just like any Muggle. My dad would tell me these Muggle stories about dragons, and he has seen one thanks to my mother. Hermione would tell me everything about them as we grew together, it was the only topic that would keep me on my toes.

I had gone to Muggle school when I was six up until I had to go to Hogwarts, which is way better than any school back home. But we'd always pretend we were Princesses and Dragons. When Hermione told me they were real, I about died. It's been something I've wanted to experience.

"I highly doubt there was a dragon there, impossible." Luke stammered, not meeting either of our eyes.

The tension got thick and I started to get the impression I was being lied to. Hagrid wouldn't make something like that up, I mean, he loves beasts. If he saw one, than he did.

"Hagrid wouldn't lie. Did I honestly miss seeing a dragon?" I asked, my eyes wide.

"I wouldn't be sure, Clara. Sometimes he drinks a bit much and he swears he sees something that isn't there." Luke tries to explain.

"You don't hallucinate after a few drinks Luke," I said through pursed lips. "How did it look?" I looked up at Hermione.

"I didn't get that out of him, look, I'm sure Hagrid thought he saw something. I've got to go to Harry... he has that game coming up." She smiled, turning on her heel.

"But, Mione!' I cried out.

"Gotta go! Sorry Clara!" She turned to smile at me and hurried out of the room, leaving me unknowing.

Huffing, I lied back in my bed. Luke was still sitting on the end, rubbing his face with his hands, as if he was exhausted. The only sound that went through the room was the curtains blowing from the wind, Madam Pomfrey felt that the window must always be open.

"It had to be true Luke," I said after a few minutes. "Hagrid wouldn't lie."

"Can you drop it Clara? I doubt it true." He said, his tone aggravated.

Sitting up, I rose an eyebrow and glared at him. "What's with the tone, Darkflame? I just made a statement."

"Hermione and I told you that that couldn't have been true, Clara." Our eyes met, and I could see how much he was trying to keep a steady glance at me. He was lying.

My heart sank, making it hard for me to look at him, but I kept my stare. "You know something about this dragon, don't you? You just don't want to tell me."

He opened his mouth as if he was about to say something, then he shut it, looking away from me. I swallowed hard, feeling guilt fill me up. Maybe I was a bit harsh? Maybe it's good I was rude, it'd might diminish the feeling we had a few minutes ago. I know it was probably only me feeling it, but, I needed to kill it.

Hermione would hate me if I dated him. No matter how badly I wanted to.

"Luke?" I asked, he was being a bit too silent for my liking.

@LordZeus
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

267 Reviews

Wed May 03, 2017 2:11 am
View Likes
Nike says...

Godric Lovegood

Spoiler! :
I know I haven't been posting. Work took me over. I want this SB to be alive!

After Potions, I decided that I needed a walk. I may not be that close with Clara or Luke, but it still shocked me. The cool crisp air was refreshing as I took a stroll through the Viaduct Courtyard, catching sight of a few students laughing and smiling. I guess they weren't as impacted as we were.

We had that study group in an hour, so I had time to be by myself. I didn't really even want to be with Medora right now.

"Godric?" I heard a soft spoken girl say from behind me. I recognized the voice right away, it was my cousin Luna.

Turning on my heel, I caught sight of her. She was snow white, just like me, and had my house colors on her. The norm, all of our family was sorted into Ravenclaw. I couldn't imagine any other house being in our family.

"Luna, how are you?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

"I'm alright, just taking a stroll... I had a feeling you'd be here." She smiled.

"Your feeling was correct."

"Do you need to speak with someone?"

Sighing, I looked over the courtyard, I don't know what I was looking for, but it didn't make me feel better. I looked back at Luna and smiled.

"Not right now, but thanks."

She moved her hair behind her ear, with a smile still playing on her face. "That's alright Godric, whenever you need me, just think of me."

"I will,"

After a beat, she spoke up again. "I see you're with Medora, she is a really sweet girl."

"Yes, she really is."

"I'm happy for you, everyone deserves someone that can light up their day."

Typical Luna, she always saw the brighter things in even the darkest times. "Thank you Luna. I've got to go,"

I was in the library with all the students that remained from the study group. We were missing Clara, Luke, and Robert. But Medora mentioned that Robert was on his way. The tension was thick as we all sat quiet, unsure of what to say. Due to recent events, our whole class was frightened. I mean, we didn't want to be the next to be attacked.

Dumbledore assured us that they shouldn't hurt us... and yet, they did. And the game was coming up. I'm sure the teams were not prepared to face them, if they had to.

"Godric," Medora nudged me. I looked up at her and saw that she was looking away from me and at the entrance. Robert walked in with a blank face.

"I don't think any of us could look happy with what happened." I said.

"No, not at all." Robert replied as he sat down across form us.

"Except for your cousin." Rain pointed out.

I looked over at her with a raised eyebrow, "She's just a very positive person." I said.

"Yes, she is. It's a little odd, don't you think?"

"Not at all... that's just who she is." I huffed, feeling my anger boiling at the pit of my stomach.

Rain and I never seemed to get along very well. I didn't know why, but there are just people you cannot like. It's like when you have people you can like, you can't choose. But she's a nice girl, I have nothing against her, there just isn't any connection as of right now. It might be my lack of trusting anyone.

I was the opposite of Luna Lovegood.

"Of course," She smiled softly, "I'm sorry I said that."

"It's alright." I said.

After the awkward tension, Medora decided to speak up, just to break it up. She cleared her throat and all of us focused on her.

"Alright, let's get to studying. Snape is not giving us any easy homework," She said with a fake smile. I chuckled under my breath and opened my Potions text book.

"Why do you think Clara and Luke got attacked?" Robert questioned. I looked up at him, as did everyone else. "I mean, what drew them to them? Will anyone else be attacked?"

I sighed, feeling the same numbness I've been experiencing all day. It's like all my feelings escaped my body, and decided to never come back. I'm sure this is how Clara felt, or even Luke, when the Dementors sucked out their happiness.

"I don't know..." I said, "I wish I knew. I don't want this happening to anyone else. And Dumbledore assured us that we'd be safe... that didn't happen, that wasn't safe at all."

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Mon May 08, 2017 7:41 pm
View Likes
Midnightmoon says...

Lena Malfoy

I sighed and looked out the window of the common room. I was supposed to be doing my potions homework, but I just couldn't keep my mind on it. I had so much to worry about! The biggest one was the fact that I was a Malfoy, which a lot of people didn't like anyway, but I was in danger from my own line if they ever found out I existed! My parents were muggles. I had magic. I was in Gryffindor, not Slytherin. That was two family streaks out the window. I was a distant cousin to Draco Malfoy. Man! I hated that kid! He didn't even know I existed, which was rather shocking, as being on the Slytherin quidditch team, and having to play against me, you think he would have figured it out. Thankfully he hadn't. The only one who knew was my captain, Harry Potter. I really hadn't wanted to tell him, but I had to if I wanted to be on the team. I had no friends, no one to talk to, to share my troubles, which may have been for the better. Everyone I wanted to be friends with already had their own little group. And I was scared of what might happen if people found out who I was. And that I was an Animagus. I felt the usual sadness and anger welling up and quenched it. I couldn't show emotion, I had to stay alert, and be wary. My parents were in danger for as long as they were alive, and so was I. "They may not be alive much longer." I muttered to myself. They both had cancer. There was nothing I could do. I shook my head and returned to my homework. I had to get this done before quidditch practice that afternoon. I couldn't wait. Maybe a little bit of flying would help me clear my head.

I wandered down to the qudditch court. Oliver was already there.

"Hi" I said. I was always awkward when I had to talk to people. He nodded at me.
"Hey." He returned. I sighed and looked up at the sky. It was warm and sunny.
"Good weather for flying" I said. He nodded again. I looked around, searching for something to say. Suddenly I saw Draco Malfoy across the field.

"Oh No." I said aloud, forgetting Oliver was there for a minute.
"What?" He asked and followed my gaze.
"Oh. Malfoy. He bother you a lot?" I shook my head.
"No.... I'm afraid he'll find out that we're related. I know how he treats people like me. People that are m...uh..Non Purebloods." I spat the last part out. Oliver turned to me.
"He doesn't know that you are related to him?" I shook my head.
"He doesn't even realize that he has a distant cousin. And you do have to admit that I have broken two family streaks." He looked at me.
"What do you mean? I know you're in Gryffindor, which is different, but what do you mean by Non Pureblood? All the Malfoys are purebloods." I shook my head again.
"No. My parents are.....are...muggles. Please keep it to yourself." I said. I hated having to tell people this. He half smiled.
"I won't tell anyone." He stopped as the rest of the Quidditch team came out on the field. After a brief meeting, we started practice and I had to put Malfoy out of my head. But I couldn't shake the feeling that something bad was going to happen.

Afternoon

I sighed and went through the door of the common room. Quidditch practice had gone fairly well, but I was tired. Besides, I had homework to finish. As I walked in, I started. Luke was sitting in the couch by the fire place. I thought the place was deserted. Being an Animagus myself, I knew one when I saw one. I had also seen what had happened the last quidditch game. I knew he liked to keep the fact hidden. Sadly, we had a lot in common. We were both related to Draco Malfoy. We both had been put in Gryffindor. I sighed and shook my head. He looked up. "Hello" he said. I just nodded. I had suddenly thought of something. Did he know who I was?

Evening

I walked into the great hall. Every seat at the table had been filled. Oliver saw me standing in the doorway and waved me over.

"You can sit here if you want." Hermione said. Ron looked at her.
"Thanks" I said. This was weird. Oliver knew who I was, Hermione probably knew, why were they being so friendly?
"He told me." Hermione said, my thoughts must have showed on my face.
"And you're accepting me?" I asked, still a little unsettled. They both nodded.
"It's pretty clear that you aren't like them." Oliver said. I winced inside. If only they knew about the mark. How hard it could be to ignore the pain. I sat down but couldn't find my appetite. I was nervous about the Game against Hufflepuff tomorrow. What if I was attacked?
Last edited by Midnightmoon on Tue May 23, 2017 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

39 Reviews

Sat May 20, 2017 8:31 pm
View Likes
LordZeus says...

Lucius Salazar Darkflame

Luke stared down at the floor as Clara questioned him, mulling over his options. For a few moments he considered lying again. But Clara had seen through it last time, and he'd already put the poor girl through enough. What he'd done could've risked their lives further. She needed to know.

Luke took a deep breath and looked her in the eyes. "Clara, I didn't see a dragon..."

Clara pursed her lips, eyeing him suspiciously. She opened her mouth, as if about to say something, but Luke held up a hand as he finished "...because I was the dragon."

Luke could see the gears turning in Clara's head as she turned that over. "I think I should probably call Madame Pomfrey. You seem to be delirious." and got up.

"No!" said Luke quickly. "Let me explain...I'm an animagus. And my transformation is a Hungarian Horntail."

Clara's eyes widened. She sat at the foot of Luke's bed looking at him in wonder, and, to Luke's bewilderment, even excitement. "My god Luke...that's amazing. Why did you keep something that cool a secret!"

"Cool?" repeated Luke, failing to comprehend what he was hearing. Perhaps my information was lax.

"No, you don't get it." he hurried to correct her. "The dragon animagus isn't like the others. It's more...wild. uncontrollable. If I ever lose my temper or get too frustrated it gets loose and I get forced into a transformation, that I often fail to control. That's why I haven't told anyone, don't you see? I'm a ticking time bomb waiting to blow!"

Clara's smile had faded by then. She stared at Luke for a moment. Here it comes. he thought grimly, awaiting the fright, disgust or worse, disdain that was sure to come.

Then she leaned forward and hugged him. Luke froze, never feeling more confused in his life.

"Oh, Luke..." she whispered. "Why did you keep this to yourself? You should have told us, so we could help you deal with it. Or at least, told Hermione...or me."

"You're not afraid? Disgusted? Nothing?" muttered Luke, in surprise, and even a slight disappointment that there had been none of the consequences he had been expecting.

She pulled away from him and looked him in the eyes. "Why would I be? You've never felt really threatening to me, Lue, to be honest. Did something bad happen this time when you transformed?"

Luke shook his head, remembering tis time the uncanny way he had managed to b in control of his dragon form this time, using it to help save Clara.

"Then there you go." she said. "I don't feel afraid of you, Luke. You're my friend."

Luke stared at her reassuring smile for a few moments. She's...amazing. h bought. Then, on an impulse, he leaned forward and kissed her.

They held together for a few moments, before Clara pulled away. "Luke, I..." she started to say, and Luke, sending what was coming, and red faced and embarrassed, cut her off, muttering, "I'm sorry.' before running out of the room and striding quickly down the hall.

"Shit. Shit. Shit." he muttered to himself, hoping he hadn't ruined his relationship wit Clara by following one bold impulse.

"Hey." said a voice, and Luke turned to see Hermione at the other end of the corridor, walking towards him.

"Hey." he replied, before remembering what she'd done. "Hermione, why did you say that stuff about the dragon in front of Clara? You know exactly what it was."

She shrugged. "I just thought you'd better know as soon as possible so you could make plans to deal with it."

"Deal with it?" said Luke. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, talk to Hagrid and hash this out before it gets too far. You have to tell him, Luke, you on't have a choice now. I'll come with you for emotional support, kay? I'll give yo all the explanation help you need." she said with a warm smile.

Luke opened his mouth. A number of angry retorts were born died in his throat as he closed it, wordlessly, an nodded. No matter how much he had blamed her, he found he very literally couldn't stay angry at her, especially when she was being this nice.

"Well go seem him tomorrow, alright?" sh said, and Luke nodded again before she leaned up and gave him a peck on the cheek. Luke watched her as she walked away, before slumping in a corner and groaning. He wanted to be with Cara, but he was now certain that Hermione still had feelings for him, and he didn't see a way through without hurting Hermione. He fervently prayed to no deity in particular to shine him a clear path through the quite complicated situation that he was now in.

68 Reviews

Tue May 23, 2017 4:02 pm
View Likes
Midnightmoon says...

Lena Malfoy.

She growled and sat down at the table in the corner. Thank goodness it wasn't a popular seat. She wanted to be alone. She was supposed to be doing DADA homework, but she had to much on her mind. She needed to clear her head. Her favorite spot came into her head and she grinned. The forest. The lake. Perfect. She got up, put her books in her bag, and left. She ran down the hall and into the common room. She put her books on a table and was at the door before she realized her diary had fallen out and was lying open on the entry she had made that day. About the trouble she was having in her head. How she hated Draco. How she was secretly scared that he would find out. How hard it was to deal with two Dark marks. The one on her arm and the one on her shoulder. How she loved being an Animagus. She was so focused on the lake that she closed it and put it on the table, not bothering to put it in her bag. She ran out the common room, through the halls and out the door. She slipped into the forbidden forest. Ahhh, yes! How good this felt! Her hands turned into paws, she grew fangs and turned into the black panther. With a growl she ran into the woods. How great it felt to run!!

She had been running for a while when a searing pain went through her shoulder. She growled and her claws caught on a tree root and she tripped. She changed to her human shape. The dark mark on her shoulder and her wrist was writhing. She groaned and tried not to scream. It hurt!! She stood up and immediately collapsed again. She had hurt her leg. She had to get back to the castle. Turning cat again, she limped through the forest back to the castle. When she got to the lake, she turned human and limped into the castle and up to the common room.

267 Reviews

Wed May 24, 2017 10:39 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

Clara Black

He was... a dragon?! That was his animagi? That is... no wonder I liked him so much. He was my dream come true. Dragons were something I've always wanted to see, especially if they were real. What Muggle would believe this?

And his face said a lot from my reply. He was shocked that I didn't mind. It sort of make me like him even more. His face was so pure and addictive, all i could do was stare at him as he stared back, the tension so thick.

I honestly did not expect it. I dreamed it. I dreamed of it. Luke's lips were pressed against mine for a mere second but it felt like an eternity. Tingles went down my spine a we kissed, his lips oh so soft. But, he pulled away, eyes wide and anxious to no end. My heart was racing as I tried to speak to him... but he left.

What did I do wrong? I slumped on his bed, unsure of what to do. He left me feeling rotten. Just kissed me and left... who does that?

Getting off the bed, I found my way to mine, which was just next to his. I looked over at the windows to my right and saw the dark blue sky cascaded with bright stars and a half moon, smiling down at me. I got into my bed, throwing the blankets over my cold body. I lied down, getting comfortable.

I heard someone walking in, their steps very soft. I had a feeling it was Luke. A warmth grew in my stomach as I felt my anxiety kick in. I just shut my eyes and prayed that he thought that I was asleep.

"Clara?" He asked, "Are you awake?"

Even though I wanted to dig a hole and run away, I knew I couldn't. So I sat up in my bed and faced him. His cheeks were a tinge pink as he stood at the end of my bed, awkwardly looking at me.

"I'm sorry I kissed you." He said, not meeting my eyes.

I felt my heart shatter. What if he just kissed me because he knew I liked him? "Are you?" I asked.

He took a moment to think it over, but before he could reply, I spoke up.

"I'm not sorry about that kiss... I've been waiting for that to happen. I really like you Luke... and this isn't really that easy for me to say," I paused as I felt my cheeks heat up. "I never wanted to tell you because I knew it would get awkward. But, you need to know. You kissed me and I'm not sure if it was you feeling bad for more or if it was sincere... you should just know that it meant something to me even if it meant nothing to you."

"So, please be sorry if it meant nothing." I could feel tears building up behind my eyes as I imagined him leaving me.

Spoiler! :
Short because I don't know what else to put here for this scene.

39 Reviews

Mon May 29, 2017 7:01 pm
View Likes
LordZeus says...

Lucius Salazar Darkflame

Friday Evening

Luke's heart rose. "Clara...I did mean it." he said, sitting next to her on her bed.

"I was just afraid you were going to hate me, I've been so confused lately, I-" but he was cut off as Clara leaned forward and kissed him.

Luke was startled for a second before returning it, pulling her closer to him, kissing her longer and deeper than the first time. They were still kissing when a knock came on the door.

They separated slowly and reluctantly. Luke felt incredibly irritated at whoever had just come, but he couldn't stop himself from grinning. Clara looked the same.

Luke glanced towards the door, and for a moment thought he saw an eye peeking through the keyhole, before he said, "Come in." and Rain walked through the door.

She said, "Hey, Clara." looking first at Clara then at Luke. 'Am I interrupting anything?"

Clara seemed to ponder this for a moment before shaking her head and smiling at Luke. "Nothing we can't do later. Or anytime after that. Right, Luke?"

Luke smiled back. "Oh, yes. In any case, I've got to be leaving." he said, getting up.

"Are you sure?" asked Rain. "I think Madame Pomfrey said you were supposed to rest. You do have that big game tomorrow."

"I'll rest in my own bed." he answered. "I need to be there to reassure the team I'm okay. I'll see you later, right Clara?"

She grinned, lighting up her face and making her look even cuter than normal. "You betcha."

Luke said goodbye to Rain as well before leaving the room. He strode through the halls, whistling confidently, for the first time in a long while feeling completely and utterly happy.
Last edited by LordZeus on Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.

68 Reviews

Mon May 29, 2017 7:34 pm
View Likes
Midnightmoon says...

Lena limped into the common room. She went straight to the table where her bag lay. sitting down with a sigh of relief, she layed her head on her arms and went to sleep.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Tue May 30, 2017 1:13 am
View Likes
JustJasper says...

Rain

Friday evening

I felt so murky, so distant. Like I wasn't even there. Snape's lecture on Tuesday left me empty. I could hardly cry because that took too much energy. I just lay staring at the ceiling until the full moon had stopped. I could do his assignment I just couldn't. I left the stack of parchment on my bed and wandered through the halls. I walked aimlessly not really caring about the time or my destination.

"Where are your shoes? Did the nargles take them?" A breezy voice inquired.

I turned to see a girl with a whispy figure and pale blonde hair. She had strange glasses on and was holding a copy of the quibbler. She was in my house and everyone called her loony Lovegood.

"You don't look so good" she stated.

I just nodded.

"Are you alright? Is it because Clara's in the hospital wing? I know you two are friends."

That caught my attention. I gasped and threw an apology over my shoulder before running toward the hospital wing. When I arrived I heard voices inside so I peaked through the keyhole. I jumped when I saw Luke and Clara. Awkwardly I knocked not sure of what to do.

"Come in" I obeyed.

"Hey Clara" I said smiling for the first time in ages. "Am I interrupting anything?" I asked stupidly.
They exchanged a few more words and then Clara and I were alone.

I asked what had happened and she told me how she fell off a broomstick but was saved by Luke. My heart rate slowed and I felt my breathing return to normal. I was happy she was alright.

"Be careful I don't know what I would do if something happened to you," I cautioned.

"I'm alright Rain no need to worry" she said.

No matter what she said my stomach remained in a knot and I knew nothing could unwind it.

"I need to rest now Rain but thank you for coming by!"

I nodded and offered a smile before disappearing out the door.

I felt much better. Clara was safe and everything was going to be fine. I seriously needed to calm down but lately that seemed much harder. I wandered back through the halls not quite ready to climb back up to Ravenclaw tower. The more I walked the colder it seemed to get. Finally I made it back to my common room. It was late and everyone had gone to bed leaving me alone with the fire. I sat by the window and looked out across the grounds and up at the stars. They burned with an intensity that I wished I could match. I wondered if when I burned out it would be like a supernova or if I would just stop. I closed my eyes and let go of consciousness.

Saturday

I woke up but I didn't want to move. I didn't go to breakfast I just lay in the window soaking up sun like a plant. Eventually I found the motivation to get up and get dressed. By then it was about time for the quidditch game. I wished Cedric luck knowing he must be nervous at his first match as the captain and seeker of Hufflepuff. Then I raced down to the field and took my place in the stands longing to fly with the players but knowing I could never be on the team.
The weather was awful and rain beat down on us mercilessly. I used my wand to cast an umbrella charm but it was largely unaffected and I accepted that I was soaked. Things were going well until Harry dropped from the sky.
My skin turned cold and I felt a cold surge of fear flood my veins. I dropped to the ground and struggled to breathe. The ground wouldn't stop spinning and my chest was closing up. I squeezed my eyes shut and tried to stop the screaming I heard. All I felt was complete terror. And then my brain shut off and I went limp. It was only for a few seconds but it seemed like eternity. When I opened my eyes I was propped against the stands of the stadium. I tried to slow my breathing but I wasn't getting enough oxygen. I had completely lost control.
A mass of people exited the stands around me and I was sure nobody could see me around all of those people. I took deep breaths and slowly got to my feet. I trudged toward the library hoping to see someone a knew.
Why do we capital-N Nerds love Mars so much?
Because it's beautiful, it's tough, it's buried in our mythic, childhood memories.
It's covered with human triumphs but also with sad stories of failure.

-Greg Bear

Reviews: 2
Tue May 30, 2017 7:21 pm
View Likes
ty7lucky says...

Saturday Morning

I woke early at 6:00 to begin getting ready for my match today. I looked out the small window at the end of the dormitory to see that dark clouds loomed over the whole castle. I hoped that soon they would depart but it looked like it was about to rain. I hadn't ever practiced playing with goggles and wished this wouldn't be the first time.

I hurried and got into a pair of robes and headed for breakfast fast, Cedric wanted to meet a while before the match to make sure everyone was ready. We all could tell he was nervous for this match but he put on a cheery pretense. As I entered the hall there was hardly anyone there a few other team members sat around but they were just finishing up, I was late. I hurried and took a place by a girl I had never met. She had long red hair, and brown eyes like dark chocolate.

"Hi," I said happily trying to cover up the gnawing feeling in my stomach by talking. I had been in plenty of matches but this one seemed to catch me off guard for some reason. "My name is Gavin Olden." I stuck my hand out offering a shake, then realized that made me seem like some loser.

"Ronnie Goldstein." Her accent was different. She smiled obviously seeing that I was nervous. She shook my hand.

"What year are you in?"

"Fourth, and you?" she implied.

"I'm in third, It's nice to meet you." I nodded awkwardly, I was normally good at making small talk, but I just couldn't do it right now.

"I haven't seen you around before. What house are you in?" I grabbed a piece of toast and smeared butter across it's warm surface. I then put some raspberry jam on it.

"I don't have one yet, I just moved from New york and I went to Ilvermorny." She said this softly.

"Cool." I took a few bites of my toast before hearing the bell ringing, telling that it was seven in the morning. I got up quickly leaving the half eaten toast on my plate, I was late to the changing room. "Sorry I need to go. I'm playing today in the quidditch match."

"Bye, Good luck." She said, I could tell she was a nice person and kind of hoped she would be in Hufflepuff.

My mind was racing through the plays we had practiced. I ran to the changing rooms. Everyone else was there getting changed. Cedric stood already fully in uniform, even the goggles sat on his head he paced with his broom in his hand. I hurried over to my locker and pulled my robes out.

I got dressed in the canary yellow robes. We all took a seat on the bench by the cubbies, and waited for Cedric's pep talk and the game.
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
-Douglas Adams

39 Reviews

Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:24 pm
View Likes
LordZeus says...

Lucius Salazar Darkflame

Saturday Morning

"Our strategy is perfect, our team is strong, and we have natural Gryffindor prowess!" said Oliver Wood, close to the conclusion of his pep talk. "We will win this!"

The team cheered, and started filing out of the changing room through the exit to the quidditch field, brooms at hand- all but Lena who had not yet arrived. Wood had begun to worry before, since beaters have a high injury rate, and Lena was their only substitute beater on the squad. Luke was about to follow them when he heard a voice say, "Hey, wait up!"

He turned and grinned to see Clara walk into the room. His heart started beating a little faster, as it had begun to do whenever he saw her since they had kissed the day before. They had spent the evening making out in the Room of Requirement.

"I've got to give you something for good luck first." she said with a mischievous smile and stood on her tiptoes to kiss him. It was a light peck, but then she leaned against the locker and pulled him in closer for a long, passionate kiss.

It was only broken when they heard a cough and both turned, red faced, to see Lena Malfoy standing in the doorway. There was a moment of awkward silence before Luke introduced them, having met Lena the day before.

"I was told to come here for the match?" asked Lena after they had been introduced. "Sorry I'm late, I had...problems."

Sensing a secret, Luke didn't probe further. "Well, good thing you arrived just now, we were about to start. Report to Wood, he'll tell you what to do." She nodded and went through the exit to the field.

"Go on, Luke." said Clara with a smile. "I'll be in the stands."

"But I could use some more luck." said Luke with a fake frown in a fake disappointed voice.

Clara chuckled. "Plenty of time for that after the game, Luke. See you later." then she went.

Luke walked out with a smile, already looking forward to 'after the game'.

----

Luke and Oliver were discussing strategy when Fred Weasley came up to them, an uneasy expression on his face. "Guys?" he said, "I think may have a problem." and pointed a short distance away where George was retching up the contents of his stomach onto the ground.

Oliver groaned. 'What happened now?" he asked

George, in a pause from voiding out his insides, turned to them with a pale green face and muttered, "Was sitting next to Ron at breakfast. Slipped something into his drink. Bloody bugger must've seen it and switched our goblets."

Luke smacked his forehead. Why didn't Ron know better than to incapacitate one of our main squad on a match day? He could've at least poured it onto the ground.

Oliver's eyes flitted nervously to George, then to look Luke in the eyes then to Lena, standing near the pitch, looking out at the crowd.

Luke could tell Oliver was unhappy about having to put a substitute in the starting squad in the first match of the season, but what choice did they have? They could only hope that Lena proved she could play as well under the pressure as she had in the tryouts.

"Lena, come here." called Wood. "You're replacing George this match,, Get ready to fly." he said as she came over.

Fred looked her up and down before saying with a grin, "Hey, I'm Fred. Your fellow beater. I think we can work well together. Whichever way you want to work with me, that is."

Luke ave a him a suspicious look before turning away wordlessly and walking back towards the pitch.

Fred's enthusiasm still hadn't waned however as he followed, continuing trying to strike up a conversation. I hope he can get his head in the game when we start.

----

"Luke Darkflame!" called the announcer, and Luke rode his Cleansweep Ten out on to the field to cheers from the Gryffindor side and boos from the Slytherins and Hufflepuffs- but mainly from the Slytherins, unsurprisingly.

Then the announcer called, "Lena Malfoy!" and as she rode across the field there was a collective gasp from the Slytherin stands, and an uneasy silence from the rest. Then, everyone started muttering at once, and the announcer had to shout for quiet.

Noticing Lena's pale face, Luke died to give her a friendly smile as he passed on his way to his place, and she returned, though uncertainly.

He took his usual position in the front, facing Zacharias Smith, who gave him a mischievous grin.

"Ready to lose?" he muttered.

Luke's eyes widened as he looked around himself in mock surprise. "Why, Zacharias, it seems we've slipped into an alternate dimension. I mean, how else could we be about to lose to you?"

It wasn't the best trash talk, but Luke knew Zacharias didn't have the thickest of skins, was proved right as the Hufflepuff Captain gritted his teeth and glared. Good. He's stupid when he's angry. Much easier to beat.

----

Luke, quaffle in hand, came up to the Hufflepuff goal hoops to face the keeper, and feinted to the left, then the right. And while the keeper's eyes were still on Luke, Angelina Johnson, who had come up above them unnoticed, slammed into him from the side, sending him careening to the left, clearing the way for Luke to slam the quaffle through the hoop, to cheers from the Gryffindors.

Over the chant of, "GO, GO, GRYFFINDOR! GO, GO, GRYFFINDOR!", the announcer called out, "What a goal, guys! That shot gives our very own Luke his hat-trick, three goals in a row! And what's more, this puts Gryffindor fifty points ahead! Hufflepuff seems to really be off their game today."

Luke flew back to his side by the stands, basking in the applause for a moment, before catching eyes with Clara in the front row, and giving her a wink before getting back into position. Her luck is really magic today! he marveled. It was overcast, but Luke was feeling brighter than ever before. He'd rarely had a better game. They were leading big far sooner into it than he had thought.

His happy thoughts were broken when cries starting coming from the green and silver ranks of Slytherin. "Blood Traitor!' some were shouting. "Mudblood lover!" shouted others.

At the last, there was a commotion as teachers marched through the stands, deducting points and instilling order, during which the game was paused. Luke glared at that side before a voice said,"Don't let them get to you." and Luke almost fell off his broom jumping before he realized it was Harry.

"Blimey, man." he muttered. "Don't sneak up on me like that."

Harry smiled slightly. "Sorry. Still, I meant what I said. They're just jealous."

"No need to worry, Potter." he replied with a friendly smile. "This far into Gryffindor life, I've learned how to handle shits like them."

Then the whistle blew to signal the restarting of the game, and the keeper passed the ball to Zacharias.

"I've go to go>' he said quickly. "Go on, get the snitch so we can clinch this game."

He stayed just long enough to see Harry nod before speeding forward, knocking into Zacharias before taking the ball. Another chaser tried to block his path but Luke dove down, keeping the other Chaser behind him until Katie Bell interrupted the Hufflepuff, sending him careening off. He nearly hit the stands before he could right himself, and by then Luke was long gone.

He passed to Angelina Johnson, who then passed back as he zoomed ahead. He hurtled forward, and was nearly at the goal before he realized that all the other players had stopped, and were looking.

Luke stopped too, feeling a tingle down his neck before looking up and gaping. "A swarm of demented had flooded into the stadium, gradually beginning to cover the entire area above it.

Then his heart stopped as he saw Harry on his broom, flying away from them, before the swarm engulfed

"Harry!" he yelled, and unthinkingly, flew up as fast as he could.

----

Everything felt wrong as Luke flew up. This isn't how I normally do things, I usually think, form a strategy before getting into something. He thought grimly. But Harry's in danger. He reminded himself. There's no time. Besides, you can't really plan a strategy to deal wth dementors.

As he came up to them, he drew his wand, calling out "Lumos Solem!, and the tip of his wand glowed with a powerful white brightness, sending dementors flying away in front of him. He felt confident for a moment until he felt one fly into arm the back and he he quickly turned it behind him, send them reeling. But then they came from the others.

Luke kept changing direction, even shining it on himself, but it was ni use, the demeanors kept finding new ways to get at him, new angles away from the light to strike. And with every contact, more and more of Luke's happiness and self-control was drained away.

And unlike most people, the void left behind was not filled by sadness, but by the latent anger that he had repressed over the years. And eventually, it built up, releasing the dragon.

Luke began to change, his insides first as was usual, flames bursting out from his mouth. The dementors fled, seemingly knowledgable of the destructive magical powers of dragon fire and draining effect stopped.

Luke struggled to regain control of himself. You're in a place full of people, your friends included. You can't do this, you could hurt them. He told himself. But he needed something to focus on to take his mind away from anger, so he forced himself to think of Clara, who was the first person to come to his mind.

He thought of they friendship over the years. Her laugh. her smile. How she held him when they kissed. Slowly, he managed to get back to himself, the transformation reversed. he was Luke once more.

Suddenly, he heard a gasp, and turned down to see Lena, staring up at him in horror. Rain was falling, though Luke was not sure when it had started. Grey clouds had been ver the field for a while, but now they gt thicker, making it hard for Luke to see very far in any way around him while he was buffeted by the growing storm.

Suddenly, a dementor flew into Lena from the side while she was distracted with Luke, and she fell with a screech. Luke quickly reached down, catching her hand. But then a dementor flew into his back and he started teetering, he felt himself losing balance as he started to fall over...but then he felt a strong hand grab his arm, pulling him upright.

Luke looked up to see Gavin Olden, and nodded his thanks. Gavin waved his wand around him, yelling, "Lumos Maxima!" creating a blinding flash of light that gave them all a moment's respite from the dementors.

Together they managed to lift Lena up onto Luke's broom, which clenched tightly. Gavin and Luke where flying slowly to the ground, when Luke's broom juddered. Luke looked behind him to see that the dementors where striking at the back of the broom, ripping out the hay fibers that made up its base.

They're targeting me. he realized turning pale. they must remember how I tried to burn them before, and now...they want to get even. They want to kill me.

The broom shook from side to side and up to down, and and began dropping suddenly then regaining balance, then dropping again. Luke grabbed onto his broom for dear life, directing as best he could. But then the worst happened, and his fingers slipped off the rain slicked broom. right then, the broom shook again, and Luke fell sideways off.

Luke struggled against the rain and winds, pulling himself to sitting position just as he struck the ground. A jolt went up the base of his spine before Luke blacked out from pain. His last thoughts before the darkness overcame him were, Crap. This is the third time in two weeks that I'm falling unconscious. And the year's barely begun.
Last edited by LordZeus on Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

68 Reviews

Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:23 pm
View Likes
Midnightmoon says...

Lena clung to Luke's broom, scared. Why? Why had this happened. The Game had been going great! Except for the fact the the Slytherin's knew she existed. Suddenly she felt a searing pain in her wrist and her shoulder. Damn! She heard a roar and looked up. Luke was breathing fire! She knew she shouldn't be scared, being an animagus herself, but she only turned into a panther! Suddenly a Dementor hit her from the side and she fell. She screamed. Then a hand grabbed hers and someone was pulling her up onto someone's broom. Her mind was blank. Suddenly the pain went from searing to severe burning. She screamed and fell again. This time no one could catch her. She heard Luke yelling, but couldn't make out the words. She couldn't hit the ground! Without conciously realizing what she was doing, she turned into the panther and hit the ground, landing on her feet. It didn't last long. The pain was to much. She turned human and lay writhing on the ground, screaming. Fred was flying towards her, but then she was lost in the pain. Screaming, nothing but screaming. That was all she heard. Her own voice, screaming in pain.

The next day.
Lena woke up and groaned. Her head hurt. Looking around, she saw Madam Pomfrey coming out and bustled to her bed. She was the only one in the hospital.
"How are you feeling?"
Lena was silent and then;
"Fine. Can I get out please?"
Madam Promfrey sighed and then jumped as the door opened and Fred Weasley came in.
"How are you?" He asked. She shrugged.
"Fine."
"Yes, you can go." Madam Pomfrey said.
Lena sat up and tried to stand up, but she collapsed on the bed again.
"You're in shock. Do you realize it took me an hour to get you to stop screaming?" Madam Promfrey snapped.
"Here. Let me help you." Fred took her arm and helped her to the door.
"That was quite a game." He commented. Lena groaned.
"I'll be damn lucky if Wood doesn't kick me off the team after this."
"Don't worry, you couldn't control what happened." Fred said, "though you sure had me worried when you wouldn't stop screaming."

"Uh-huh." Lena thought. Outloud she said, "have you seen Luke? I need to talk to him."
"I think he's out in the quidditch pitch. He said he would come see you later." Fred replied.
Just then George came running up. "Hi Lena! Good to see you out. You did a great job out there." To Fred he said, "I've thought of something to pull on Ron. Coming?"

"I'll be fine." Lena said. "Go ahead." They ran off and Lena made her way to the quidditch pitch where Luke was sitting on the ground.
"Hey, you okay?" She asked. He looked up.
"Yeah, you?"
"I'm fine. Listen, Luke, I need to talk to you."
"What?" He asked.
"I know that you know that I saw you yesterday. Turn into the dragon. And I know that you saw me turn into the cat. I know that I shouldn't be scared of you, and I know you wouldn't hurt me, but I am scared of you. And I can explain." She took out her wand and laid it on her hand. "This is a spell my parents taught me, being who they are. Put your hand on my wand." Looking doubtful, Luke did. There was a flash of light and Suddenly they weren't at the quidditch pitch anymore.
"What is this place?" Luke asked.
"My memory." Lena said quietly. "That's my house. Now, a little history. Both sets of my grandparents are pure-blooded Malfoys. By some weird twist of fate, Both my parents are muggles. Me, well, I'm magic. My parents wanted nothing more than magic. And they were extremely loyal to You-know-who. One day, he came to see my parents."
A black cloaked figure walked up to the house. Lena continued to narrate the scenes.
"He told my parents that if they insured my undying loyalty to him, he would give them whatever they wanted. He gave my mom magic, My dad, a pet Hungarian Horntail dragon that would do whatever he commanded it to do. My parents did they're best to keep their promise. They branded me with the dark mark, one on my wrist, and one on my shoulder. but it failed. I hate He-who-must not be named. So to punish me, My dad set his dragon on me." Lena stopped talking and Luke watched as a much younger version of Lena ran across the yard and cowered behind a tree. Suddenly, a Hungarian horntail came around the corner of the house with a man upon his back. The dragon dived for Lena and it's claws raked her arm and it set up a wall of fire, trapping Lena against the tree. Her dad sat there laughing so hard he almost fell off. The dragon continued attacking Lena. She couldn't to anything except sit there, shivering, huddled against the tree.
"But that wasn't the worst. He gave me the worst punishment." Luke knew she wasn't talking about her dad.
"He cursed me, so that whenever there are Dementors around, my marks start to move. and it hurts. and When they attack anyone that is dear to me, The pain that my friends feel, becomes mine, taking it away from them. But it makes the Dementors crowd around me. I guess the one good thing is that it keeps my friends from hurting." Lena smiled ruefully and suddenly they were back at Hogwarts. Luke was silent, Taking in all he had seen and heard.
"And... the Dragon?" He asked.
"Still there. I still get attacked." Lena said and then turned and pulled her long hair over her shoulder. Luke couldn't help but see the long, dark scars on her neck.
She was silent, Waiting for his reply, wondering what he was thinking. She spoke one more time. "You are the only person who I have ever shown this to. Please, don't tell anyone else." The only thing she could do now was to wait for his reply.

267 Reviews

Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:58 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

Godric Lovegood

"This is getting intense." Robert murmured from next to me.

We were all out in the Quidditch pitch, watching Hufflepuff and Gryffindor fight for the win. I caught sight of Luke winking at Clara as he flew off back into the field. The Quaffle was bouncing from player to player, unable to decide who to stick with. Everyone was so focused that when Harry was missing, people noticed a minute too late.

I heard Medora gasp collectively with the rest of the crowd. Discovering who Lena Malfoy was wasn't as shocking as this. Everyone froze on the pitch, ignoring the game play and staring up at the sky, watching Harry up in the sky, trying to fly away from the Dementors.

"Oh my," I huffed, "How did they get here?"

The teachers started to get off their seats in their tent, and tried to scramble all the students off the field. Dumbledore was watching Harry, probably deciding what to do. Before anyone could do anything, Luke bolted into the sky with Clara crying after him. I grabbed Medoras' hand and pulled her along with me, toward Clara.

All the students were running around, unable to decide if to run away or fight the creatures. They started to drift down towards the field, sucking out the happiness from each person. The teachers tried their best to get the students away, but they weren't as quick as the Dementors. Medora's hand was sweating in mine as we ran through the stands, reaching Clara.

"Clara," I yelled.

She turned to face us, tears streaming down her face. Hermione had run up from the top of the stands, joining us.

"We must go." She huffed. "There's not much we can do but go to safety."

"Hermione! Luke is up there... and Harry is already... in danger." Clara said between breaths. "We have to do something."

"Nothing we can do Clara." Robert said.

We were in the Room of Requirement, in our own space with the fireplace and the comfort we needed. Medora had her head on my chest as we lied on the floor, next to the fire.

After the attack the professors sent us into our chambers. But I couldn't stay away from Medora tonight. I knew she wouldn't be able to sleep... I wouldn't have been able to either honestly. She had her fingers tracing shapes on my stomach as we lied there, listening to the fire crack.

"I love you," I said, testing the waters.

I felt her stiffen and lift her head off my chest. Looking up at her from the floor, I smiled. I never knew in my whole life I'd find someone like her. I never knew I'd want to share myself with someone.

"Godric..." she huffed with a shy smile.

Sitting up, I took her hands in mine and took a deep breathe. "You don't have to say anything if you don't feel it, I just wanted you to know."

I do not use my siblings as the cleaning equipment.
— Tuckster