Young Writers Society

Hogwarts Students and The Years We Lived with Harry Potter

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:49 am
View Likes
JustJasper says...

Rain

I was focused. The most focused I had ever been in my life on reaching for that bottle. It was the only thing I could see and I had all but abandoned my sense of hearing as useless. I was so close only a few more seconds and it would be in my hand. That's when I heard it. The voice that broke the silence and my daze.

"Rain! It's me Clara! I'm okay!" Clara yelled. I registered the voice although it seemed far away. I dropped my hand and stumbled into Clara's arms.

I let out a sob as my senses returned to me and I realized she was alright.

''Rain, it's okay. Are you hurt?'' Clara asked with concern written across her face.

I gave her a weak smile and nodded. I didn't care that it was a lie and I embraced Clara again breathing deeply. Just as she let go Godric dropped the cabinet that had been hovering above us, before I could force my sluggish brain to think Clara had cast a shield charm to protect us. I assumed all was well when nobody appeared to be hurt but my confidence was quickly shattered when Godric collapsed.

''It's Angel's Trumpet Draught. He's poisoned.'' Robert informed us.

Clara gasped. ''Don't do anything, I'll get Madam Pom-''

''There's no time. Trust me.'' Robert asserted darkly.

"What do we do?" I asked, feeling terror take over my body.

''We need to make a potion, and fast. Rain, Clara, I need you to find aconite, a lily, and some Wiggenweld potion. There's no time to make it, so we need to find that too.
While you find those, I'll get Medora. She was standing next to Godric, so she must have been splashed too.'' Robert instructed
''Rain, before you go-''
Robert took a small blue bottle from a different cabinet. ''This should wake you up.''

I took it from his hand and drank it. Almost immediately I felt more awake than I had in weeks. Without wasting time I scoured the shelves for the ingredients.
I wouldn't let anyone get hurt for me. This was my fault.
I looked up to see Robert carrying Medora back into the room.

''Good. I'll make the potion. You two- just watch them. Make sure they keep breathing.'' He instructed after laying her down.

I helped Godric sit up while Robert and Clara gave him the potion. He coughed.
His sleepy eyes were tearing up a bit at the corners.
''That tastes awful.'' he whispered hoarsely. ''That means it's working.'' said Robert.
He moved on to Medora, who was slightly more awake.
She coughed too. ''Wow. That stings.'' Robert smiled. He was glad to see she was okay.
Robert hugged the two of them and I wiped away the tears I hadn't realized were streaming down my cheeks.

''Sorry you all had to come save me.'' I said flushing. ''I didn't want to cause you so much trouble, especially Godric and Medora.'' I felt the guilt eat away at me like acid.

Why do I always have to put people in danger? I am such a mess. I am nothing but trouble. Why am I still alive?

''I never could have saved them without you and Clara. Don't forget that.'' Robert told me. I felt slightly better but my face still burned with shame.

Then Gavin ran in. ''I just taught Peeves a lesson, you wouldn't believe wha-''
He paused. He must have noticed that Godric and Medora were silver.
''What happened in here?''

Clara yawned. ''Too much happened tonight. I can't wait to go to bed.''
Once they had brought him up to speed, Gavin asked a question.
''Why didn't the poison work until several minutes after the cabinet fell?''

''Angel's Trumpet Draught is a slow acting poison. The symptoms always show up late so it's harder to treat in time.'' said Robert.

''It's remarkable that you remembered the exact thing to do.'' I said.
Robert turned his back on Godric and Medora.
''Between you and me, I actually forgot what the first ingredient was. I just made an educated guess. We're actually really lucky things turned out okay.'' he said quietly.
''A guess?'' said Godric. He had heard.
Robert looked alarmed, and a little embarrassed. ''Yes, but, I saved your life.
And your silver colour will wear off soon. So there.''

He took my wand from his pocket, and presented it to me.

"My owl Pip must have stolen it. I'm sorry I know you could have used it a minute ago."

I remembered when he took it from me earlier and I burst out laughing. I don't know why but I couldn't stop. I found myself holding my stomach and gasping for breath. Robert looked very confused and I finally regained my composure.

"You think that was Pip?" I wheezed.

"Of course it was Pip..." He responded hesitantly.

I grinned even wider. "Well.... not exactly... it was me."

His eyes grew wide. "You're an animagus?"

"Yup" I said with a curtsy.

He turns bright red. "So I called you... Fluffmuffin"

I laughed again. "Sure did!"

He groaned and put a hand on his head. His face was horror stricken and I thought that was amazing. "It was great! Don't worry about it" I said to reassure him between fits of laughter. I doubt my words helped but I was glad to have my wand back.

I saw Medora walking away by herself and a part of me broke. I remembered our conversation in the bathroom and I joined her.

"I'm glad you're okay." I said looking her over again. "I don't know what I would do if something happened to you."
Why do we capital-N Nerds love Mars so much?
Because it's beautiful, it's tough, it's buried in our mythic, childhood memories.
It's covered with human triumphs but also with sad stories of failure.

-Greg Bear

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:25 am
SirenCymbaline says...

Robert
Monday evening

So Rain was the owl. God, that was embarrassing. He'd hugged her, called her cutesy pet names...was it her that he'd saved from Malfoy? he wasn't sure anymore. "So I called you... Fluffmuffin." he said in resigned despair.

She laughed again. "Sure did!"
Godric was smiling too, and it made Robert blush even more.
He looked at the ground. ''Thanks, by the way.'' he heard Godric say.
Robert looked back up at him, and smiled nervously. ''No problem.''

The moment seemed to linger on strangely. It felt like he and Godric were the only people in the room. Robert was sort of grateful when Clara's voice broke the spell.
''It's nice that we're all okay now, but what are we going to tell Snape? he is not going to be happy about this.''

They were all caught off guard by this realisation. But after a short debate, they decided to blame it on Peeves. Snape would still be furious, but Dumbledore would definitely take the side of seven students over the poltergeist.

___

Tuesday morning, Great Hall.

This was the day, he knew it. He'd missed the chance to face the Boggart in several classes now, and today was the last day they were covering that subject.
It was going to be today.

After breakfast was over, he walked quickly to the DADA classroom.
The only thing he said to anyone was a brief 'see you in Study Group tonight' to Medora on the way there. She nodded, looking slightly surprised that he was talking to her again.

He stood before the Boggart, ready to face the monster he was expecting.
But instead he saw a perfect copy of himself emerge from the wardrobe.

Robert froze in surprise, seemingly unable to react as his copy moved toward him.

''What are you?'' Robert asked so quietly, he could scarcely be heard.
''I'm your fear. I'm you. And your fear is that I'll reveal your secrets to everyone.''
This copy even sounded just like the real thing.

Lupin tried to encourage Robert. ''It's not the fear you prepared for, but that's okay. Just think of a new plan. You can find positivity in anything.''

But he couldn't seem to hear Lupin over his copy, which began to address the class.
It seemed insecure, speaking with a voice that bordered on nervous laughter.
''I'm a fraud. I act like I'm better than everyone, but I'm really not. I bluff to sound smarter, when I won't admit I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm a braggart, a showoff, even an outright liar. I act like I don't care what anyone thinks of me- when really, it dictates practically everything I do.''

''You stop right there.'' said Robert. As firmly as he was trying to speak, some panic showed in his voice. He couldn't think of a way to find humour in the situation.

''And Godric, Medora, I was jealous of those two the whole time. I acted like it didn't get to me so I wouldn't look like a fool.''

Blushing and frozen in horror, the only words Robert could push out were ''Shut. Up.''

''I was the most jealous of you, Medora. Because I've always had a crush on Godric.''

'DEPULSO!' shouted Robert. In his rage, he had forgotten the Riddikulus charm he was supposed to practice, and instead fired a hex at the Boggart.

Robert's copy was hit by the blast, which threw it at the wardrobe it came from, slamming it into the wall. It grimaced in apparent pain, and its form dissipated.
Then it reformed effortlessly and broke into hysterical anxious laughter.

He was shaking where he stood, exposed before his peers, in his failure.
He could hear them laughing too.

Rain stepped forth to face the Boggart.

But Robert did not wait to see the outcome. He left the class in a rush, with no thought for direction, just the desire to be anywhere, any place where no-one could see him.

He found himself in the farthest corner of the library, then sank to the floor and held his face in his hands. ''Robert?'' a voice said softly. It was Rain.
Robert looked at the floor again. He didn't want her to see that his eyes were welling up.

''He's right.'' he spoke in almost a whisper. ''I'm an insecure fraud.''
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:29 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

Clara Black

Monday Evening

I am so glad that I was able to conjure the protection spell so flawlessly. Hermione had tested me on it a few weeks ago, she'd be proud. Rain was safe and Peeves was out of our hair.

Rain was an animagus? That's... brilliant. How does one become an animagus? She's Robert's cute little owl. I love it.

Some kind of potions must have hit Godric and Medora. I had managed to avoid any of them hitting us as they fell off the shelf.

Godric and Medora were silver, but Robert managed to find a why to save them. He was the brightest wizard I knew. Their color was starting to fade as they recuperated. Godric had been leaning against the hallway wall, to keep his balance.

''It's nice that we're all okay now, but what are we going to tell Snape? he is not going to be happy about this.'' I had said as my heart raced.

Snape wouldn't take this well... I could already see his vein popping on his forehead.

Tuesday Afternoon

I woke up, noticing I was in the Hospital Wing. Madam Pomfrey was over me, wiping down my forehead with a cool towel. I swallowed hard, feeling my heart race and my anxiety rise.

What happened what happened what happened where's Luke? Am I even alive?

"Ms. Clara, how are you feeling?" Madam Pomfrey asked as she stood up straight, her smile calmed me a bit.

"Tired, sad, and anxious." I said honestly.

"You'll feel better soon... you had quite the fall."

I swallowed hard remembering the Dementors. I looked over the wing and didn't notice any of the other beds filled with anyone. Was Luke even alive?

Sitting up, I felt my back ache. But I was determined, I had to find him.

"Clara, lie back down, you've been through a lot today."

"Where's Luke?" I huffed, meeting her eyes. "I need to know that he's alive."

Before she could answer, the doors to the Hospital Wing opened and Hermione, Ron, Harry, Robert, Gavin, and Rain ran in, their faces pale. I smiled up at them once they reached my bed.

"Clara, oh my, are you alright?" Hermione asked, sitting just at my side, taking my hand in hers.

"I've been better 'Mione." I smiled.

"Give her a little space, alright? I will be right back." Madam Pomfrey said, walking out of the Wing.

"What happened?" Rain asked, coming to my other side, taking my hand in hers.

The boys stood in front of us, watching me with concern. I noticed Robert was a bit distracted, his focus towards the window next to me.

"Robert, how are you?" I asked.

He looked up at me, startled. "I've been better." He smiled, a weak smile that told me he had trouble. "But tell us about you, what happened?"

"Dementors..." I replied, not meeting anyone's eyes as a flashback of a few hours ago hit me. I was holding onto Luke as a Dementor was reaching out to us, ready to take our souls. "Where's Luke?" I asked hurriedly. "I need to know that he's okay."

Spoiler! :
Last edited by Nike on Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

267 Reviews

Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:47 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

Godric Lovegood

Monday Evening

I was struck by a potion, as was Medora, and Robert saved us. He risked everything to save us. He was a real friend. I was still feeling out of it and tired from the blow, so I leaned against the hallway wall outside of the Potions closet, trying to regain myself. The lot of us were here, taking deep breaths, happy to be alive. Somehow Medora was the one I was concerned about the most. I still had feelings for her...

She ran off, with Rain in tow. I couldn't run after them, she obviously wanted to be alone.

"I think talking to Dumbledore about Peeves would be a start." I told the group after Clara had asked what we'd do.

"I agree, I'm sure he will understand." Robert smiled, exhaustion covering his face.

Tuesday Morning - Great Hall

It was Robert's turn to face the Boggart. The class stood around, waiting to see what would happen. It was deeper than anyone could have imagined. A Robert copy was in form in front of him, and I was shook.

The things it said made my heart race and my fists clench. I'd never wanted to hurt Robert, especially after he saved my life, but I wanted to hurt his copy.

"I was the most jealous of you, Medora. Because I've always had a crush on Godric." The Robert copy said.

I swallowed hard, meeting Medora's eyes across the group. She had tears lining them, unable to decide if to cry or not.

"DEPULSO!" Robert had shouted. I looked back and saw Robert copy fly into the wardrobe he came out of, shoving it against the wall. The next thing I knew, Robert had fled the room with Rain in tow.

Rain was there for everyone, wasn't she?

I felt like the whole class was staring at me, I've never felt this way before. I looked around and walked over to Medora.

I needed her. And maybe she needed me. And maybe there was a reason she had the Dark Mark on her that didn't mean she was one of them.

"Medora," I pushed passed the students and reached her. "I need you," I swallowed hard.

Our eyes met and I couldn't breathe. "We even almost died together, that has to mean something. I apologize." I said.

"You need to speak with Robert," she replied, her voice warm. "And I forgive you."

I nodded, taking her hand in mine and pulling her with me. We pushed through the class and ran out of the Great Hall, pushing the doors open. I found our way down the hallway and into the library. I caught sight of Rain, so I ran around the place and saw Robert, crouched against the wall with Rain. My stomach flip flopped, imagining every moment we spent together.

I never knew.

"Robert," I said, walking over to them.

He lifted his head, our eyes met. I felt my heart skip a beat, unsure as to why. Medora let my hand go and made me do this on my own. Rain had also looked up at me, he face filled with concern.

"I'm so sorry Godric... I don't know what that Boggart was even saying." He stumbled on his words a bit.

"If the Boggart was telling the truth, I'm okay with it." I smiled down at him. "I still see you as my amazing friend that I couldn't live without."

I took a moment, letting him respond. He didn't, so I added on. "You believed in Medora even though I didn't. And I was an idiot for not believing in her. You show your true colors everyday, you're not what your copy said you were."

Spoiler! :

Reviews: 2
Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:35 pm
View Likes
ty7lucky says...

Gavin Olden Monday evening

I ran after Peeves shouting at him angrily. I remembered some research I had done on poltergeists after a previous encounter. Poltergeists were as translated in german noisy ghost, I wondered how he would like it if he was unable to make noise.

Peeves taunted, "Itty bitty Huffly puff, itty bitty voldymort." This was the last straw, I was done with Peeves and all of those that thought I was the same person as my great great grandfather.

"SILENCIO!" I shouted at the ghost, as it hit him I felt good. He opened his mouth and tried to speak; nothing came out. I smirked feeling accomplished. A look of horror swept across his face, he zoomed away quickly.

I had figured out how to make Peeves shut up. I walked joyfully back to the room, ''I just taught Peeves a lesson, you wouldn't believe wha-'' I looked down to find Godric and Medora laying, their skin a translucent silver.

''What happened in here?''

Clara yawned. ''Too much happened tonight. I can't wait to go to bed.''

They told me of the falling cabinet and potions going everywhere, I thought it over. ''Why didn't the poison work until several minutes after the cabinet fell?''

''Angel's Trumpet Draught is a slow acting poison. The symptoms always show up late so it's harder to treat in time.'' said Robert.

''It's remarkable that you remembered the exact thing to do.'' Rain complimented.

''Between you and me, I actually forgot what the first ingredient was. I just made an educated guess. We're actually really lucky things turned out okay.'' he said softly, while glancing at the ground.

''A guess?'' said Godric.

''Yes, but, I saved your life.
And your silver colour will wear off soon. So there.''

I told them what I had done to Peeves excitedly.
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
-Douglas Adams

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:20 am
View Likes
Remington38 says...

Medora Tuesday morning in the library

Robert... he... and Godric... I feel tears well up and so fight myself to not let them spill over. I don't know if they are from being upset with myself for not knowing all this time or that he was jealous of me. How of me? I always thought that him and Godric had a better relationship at times than we did. Did Godric know? We looks as surprised as I do and Robert rushed out. Now we are in the library and Godric is holding my hand tightly making up for all of the time we fought. I am perfectly okay with him never letting go.
"If the Boggart was telling the truth, I'm okay with it." Godric gave his soft smile like he gave me and continued. "I still see you as my amazing friend that I can't live without. You believed in Medora even when I didn't I didn't. And I was an idiot for not believing in her. You show your true colors everyday, you're not what your copy said you were." Godric slowly moved him thumb back and forth on my hand and I squeezed it to let him know how much that meant to me. He smiles a little but his eyes don't leave Robert. I step in a little.
"Robert, you are and always have been my closest friend. I want you to feel like you can come to me. I know lately I have not been the best friend.... with everything that happened recently, but you stuck by me. No one in their right mind would, and some would probably have sent me right up to Dumbledoor prepared to have me expelled. I still can't believe you didn't. Thank you. I am here and I think you are amazing no matter any circumstance. I mean we have a group of mixed people here, including one not really desth eater, if you for one second thought we wouldn't want you here anymore, that is the only thing you have ever thought wrong." I forgot Rain was there she was so quiet and just simply has her hand on his shoulder, showing comfort without needing to use words. I smile at him and them look him in the eye with all of the sincerity in me.
"Is it true?"
Proud Reader of Banned Books

Answer to life, the universe, and everything: 42

Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.
Cesar Cruiz

Pluviophile- a lover of rain; someone who finds joy/peace of mind on rainy days.

11 Reviews

Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:23 pm
View Likes
JustJasper says...

Rain

'DEPULSO!' shouted Robert.

Robert's copy was hit by the blast, which threw it at the wardrobe it came from, slamming it into the wall. It grimaced in apparent pain, and its form dissipated.
Then it reformed effortlessly and broke into hysterical anxious laughter.

Laughter came from my classmates as well. I looked around in disgust for who could possibly laugh at another person's greatest fear. Robert ran out of the room. I could feel the shame and despair radiating from him, the same way I felt it radiated from me. My own fear to face the boggart turned to anger and love. Anger for the world and how it was treating my friends and also for my cruel classmates. Love for my friends. Without that I doubt I would have been able to face it.

I stepped forward quickly and waited for my sister to materialize. It took a moment but without fail Jamie's delicate form walked up to me. She was wearing her sundress, it was just like I remembered that day in the woods only now it was soaked with blood. Her pale skin was riddled with bite marks and a long scratch ran across her face. They were werewolf bites. I felt my stomach drop and I felt completely defenseless.

Then I remembered that I didn't have time to stand here and cry. Robert needed me. The gears in my head spun much faster now and I was able to produce the charm. My sister was replaced with a Hippogriff on roller skates and I looked to Lupin. He clapped and shouted "Bravo" to me. I knew he was proud of me and that we would share this victory later but for now I smiled to him and ran out the door.

I found Robert in the furthest corner of the library on the floor. He had his face in his hands.
"Robert?" I said softly to get his attention.

''He's right.'' he spoke in almost a whisper. ''I'm an insecure fraud.''

"You are not a fraud. You are brilliant and brave and fantastic. It is extremely difficult to face your worst fear. You are amazing!" I said sitting down beside him. I tried to say the words I needed to hear hoping that what would help me would help him too.

''Brave? I just ran away from my fear, you saw it.''
He paused.
''You helped me. Why?'' he said, something about the way he said it made me think that he didn't believe others would help him.
Maybe he doesn't think he is worth it, I feel that way all the time.

''I know how it is to feel alone. I know how it feels to be afraid to let people know who you are, to worry that they won't want to know you once they've seen the truth.'' I told him.

''How? How do you know?'' He asked me.

I smiled forlornly and felt the tears well up in my eyes again. I searched for any bit of courage that I still had within me and I handed over my life.

"I'm a werewolf" I whispered before my voice could break. I spit out those bitter words I had been holding in since I was turned and I wanted to scream. I wanted to explode, I had just given away my freedom on a silver platter to the boy that said being a werewolf was fascinating. I didn't regret it but I sure hoped I wasn't making a mistake.

Robert finally looked up at me. His eyes were wet, and wide open. It was a moment before he spoke.

''Oh god, Rain... no wonder what I said hurt you. That was terrible of me.''

"I forgive you" I whispered through my tears. "But don't you ever think that you are a fraud or that you are anything less than amazing, because I know what that's like. It is horrible and dark and terrifying." I fingered the bottle of pills in my pocket. The pills I had stashed for later, just in case. "Just please don't forget who you are." I said carefully.

Before he could respond Godric and Medora had emerged from the shadows and started to give their responses. I listened but felt out of place. I wasn't a part of this quarrel I was meant for the background.

I just hope he understood what I told him.
Because it's beautiful, it's tough, it's buried in our mythic, childhood memories.

-Greg Bear

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:20 am
View Likes
Amnesia says...

Asha woke up late, her dad yelling from the bottom of her stairs for her to hurry up. Quickly she grabbed the robes she set out the night before and tugged them on, hastily tying the tie and running the brush through her hair. A quick look in her mirror told her that she looked just fine. She grabbed Cedric's old trunk (he had gotten a new one this year) and lugged it downstairs, her father waited for her, keys in hand. Asha smiled, glad she was finally gonna be far away from him and his attitude for a while.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
When they arrived Asha was given her schedule. And she listened to the conversation between her dad, Mcgonagall, Flitwick, and Dumbledore.

"Don't worry Mr Diggory I'm sure Asha will fit right in." She heard Flitwick say in response to whatever nonsense her father had said.

"Dumbledore, I want to make sure you understand that she is a troublemaker" Her dad said, not that Asha cared. She studied her schedule.

"You don't need to be concerned, I assure you Mr Diggory, your daughter will be perfectly busy so as to not make any trouble..." McGonagall began to say

"You dont understand. She almost blew our home up the day her mother died." Amos said

Asha winced, Kira started mewing from the pocket in her robes. Professor Flitwick quickly took Asha by the arm and escorted her out of the room.

"So sorry about that dear, you run along to class, you're late...I'm sure Professor Snape will understand." and with that she was alone in the corridor, her cat and bag of text books were her only companions. She started towards the dungeons, going by what Ced used to tell her when she asked the locations of the classes he had to take.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When she finally got to the door in the dungeons she wasnt sure. She opened it and walked in. All eyes were on her, and she was expecting that. She was the sister of the kid who got killed in the Tri Wizard. She took a shaky breath.

"Um...Hello? Is this Potions class?" she said.

"Ten points from Hufflepuff for lateness Miss Diggory" Professor Snape said, Asha couldn't believe it. He was as horrible as Cedric had said. She opened her mouth and retorted.

"But I just arrived at school!"

"And if you hadn't been, I would have taken twenty" He said curtly "Now get to your seat" He pointed at the only empty seat.

She opened her mouth to tell him just what she thought of him, but then stopped. Cedric had said that Snape loved taking points from houses other than his own. She bit her lip and walked over to her seat.

She felt someone watching her and looked back suspiciously, catching the eye of a boy with dark hair watching her. His face flushed and he turned away.

Once she was seated, Snape took a breath and said, "Students, as I'm sure you'e noticed, we have an extra student in class today. He is in third year, but through hard work and dedication he has worked his way up to taking this class at a fifth year level. You should learn from his example."

Asha followed the glares of her fellow classmates and spotted the same boy with dark hair from a few moments earlier. He looked smart but she doubted he would be able to keep up with her in class. She didn't glare at him though.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday morning: 6:00am

Asha had woken up early, Dumbledore had caught her after dinner to ask her to come into his office before class the next day to see what she had to catch up on. She had missed 4 years because her dad insisted to teach her at home after Cedric's death her first year. She didn't bother getting into uniform, instead she pulled her jacket over her kitten pajama top and pushed her feet into her fuzzy slippers.She grabbed a beanie on her way out of the dorms and pulled it onto her head.

When she reached the door to the office she heard people talking so she stopped to listen

"'No, it's not your fault, Luke." said Dumbledore. "In fact, it is mine. I have trained you to remain calm, but high emotions are a part of life and you cannot avoid them. I have merely put a bandaid on the wound. But the secret to controlling your dragon animagus is more complicated than that. You need to be able to accept the part of you, understand it, and come to terms with it if you are to control it. The more you fight it, the harder it is to bring it under control."

"But how do I do that?" asked Luke

"We will be training you every morning at 6am, except for Sundays. We will alternate between me and Dumbledore. We only called you early today because of your Quidditch practice, so you will start with me tomorrow. Is that alright with you?"

"Yes, Professor, thank you." said Luke

Asha decided that she had eavesdropped enough and knocked tentatively and entered, coming face to face with Luke, the dark haired boy from potions the day before.
She made a mental note to keep her eye on him.

"Um..." she said, standing in the doorway, her eyes fixing suspiciously on Luke before turning to Dumbledore. "You asked me to come early so you could tell me about what I have to catch up on?"

"Ah, yes." said Dumbledore. "I remember, Asha. Luke, you may excuse yourself. But be back tomorrow morning." Luke nodded and left the room.

Spoiler! :
This is about as much as I could get down tonight, it'll have to do :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last edited by Amnesia on Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
I want a Harry Potter reboot with Benedict Cumberbatch as all the characters~~Mem
<3 Formerly Remembrance <3

This page supports the LGBTQ community

59 Reviews

Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:21 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Robert
Tuesday

"I'm a werewolf." she whispered.

Robert looked up at her. It was almost too amazing to believe. Rain was a werewolf.
He remembered how she was hurt by his light comment about werewolves.
And how there had been days when she was so drained, so exhausted, she looked barely alive. He could only imagine how difficult that life must have been for her.
He finally spoke. ''Oh god, Rain... no wonder what I said hurt you. That was terrible of me.''

"I forgive you." she whispered through tears.
"But don't you ever think that you are a fraud or that you are anything less than amazing, because I know what that's like. It is horrible and dark and terrifying.
Just please don't forget who you are." she said carefully.

Robert took his glasses off to wipe his eyes quickly. Rain had just taken a big risk.
It meant a lot to him that she thought he was somebody worth trusting with her secret. He could feel his confidence building back up.
It felt strange, but really good to connect with someone he could relate to.
Now that he thought of it, he'd had the chance before.
He could have been even closer to Godric and Medora, if he'd just been more open with them.
If he didn't feel the need to only show the parts of himself that he thought people would like, he could have had some real connections.

Thinking about Godric and Medora now, he was still afraid. Had he been keeping his jealousy from them because he didn't want to spoil their happiness? Partly.
But he also didn't want them to think that he was bitter or spiteful.
He didn't want people to see him that way.

He saw them come around the corner. He was surprised, and still afraid.
They wanted to talk to him, that was a start. Godric was the first to step forward.
"Robert," he said.

He looked up. A million thoughts were buzzing through his mind.
He remembered what happened last time he had a crush, and how badly that turned out. He thought of all those things the Boggart had spouted, those things that Robert sort of knew but had been trying to ignore for ages.
He thought he shouldn't need to put these burdens on his friends.
But the most pervading thing was the question of what Godric would say now he knew everything.

"I'm so sorry Godric... I don't know what that Boggart was even saying." said Robert.

Godric smiled. "If the Boggart was telling the truth, I'm okay with it.
I still see you as my amazing friend that I couldn't live without.
You believed in Medora even though I didn't. And I was an idiot for not believing in her. You show your true colors everyday, you're not what your copy said you were."

At these words he felt the weight of worry lifted. He felt relieved, and glad.
Medora spoke next.

"Robert, you are and always have been my closest friend. I want you to feel like you can come to me. I know lately I have not been the best friend.... with everything that happened recently, but you stuck by me. No one in their right mind would, and some would probably have sent me right up to Dumbledore prepared to have me expelled. I still can't believe you didn't. Thank you. If you for one second thought we wouldn't want you here anymore, that is the only thing you have ever thought wrong."
Medora smiled and looked him in the eye. He met her gaze.
"Is it true?" she asked.

He had to pull together some courage to answer her, but it was easier than he thought. ''Yes. But now, I don't feel jealous any more. Now I'm just so happy to see you two together again. You belong together. And besides, crushes pass.
But you guys are the best friends I could ever have. All three of you.''
He smiled. It was, as his most genuine ones were, a vulnerable sort of smile.

He stood up and joined them. ''I'm sorry I haven't been as open with you as I could have been. I should have trusted you more.''

''That's a mistake we've both made.'' said Medora. ''Maybe it's time we both tried opening up.''

They were all smiling at this, except Rain.
She wasn't ready to be out to everyone yet. But that was okay. She was a true friend, and Robert was determined to repay her kindness when the time came.

267 Reviews

Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:01 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

@Remembrance Cedric hasn't died yet... it's book three, Prisoner of Azkaban.

11 Reviews

Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:22 pm
View Likes
JustJasper says...

Rain

Tuesday afternoon

I lazily ran my hands across the grass. It was late afternoon and Cedric was leaned up against a tree beside me. It had been a while since we had the opportunity to hang out. "I'll miss days like this when it's snowing," he smiled.
I turned to look at him and agreed. "I haven't seen you in a while Mr. Quidditch big shot. Will you really tell me nothing about how you've been?" I teased.
"What? And have you act as a spy for Ravenclaw." He frowned and wagged his finger at me. "Dew drop I thought you knew better,"
"Please Cedric if I wanted to be a spy you wouldn't know about it!" I giggled.
"That's my girl," he smiled.
"Ugh I wish class could be out here!" I complained.
"Imagine Potions class! Snape couldn't handle this much sunlight," Cedric joked.
"It would be so much more enjoyable though," I grinned.

It felt so nice to lay under that tree that I almost forgot the rest of the world existed. Talking to him again felt like waking up from a deep sleep. The world seemed to make more sense and it even looked a little brighter. If life was a dream I woke up smiling. I wish I could have stayed there forever.

Thursday night/Friday morning

I fell asleep screaming.

My lungs felt like they would explode as they expelled all the oxygen I had. Somewhere in the middle I went limp and felt my vision go dark. However not even sleep was painless. The images of my family and friends appeared as they always did to cut me with their words. I could think of no finer a torture than the life of a werewolf.

When I woke up Lupin was waiting. "Rain I promise it is going to get better," he assured me. "It is always the worst when you are young, you have only transformed 4 times."

He wrapped me into a hug and handed me a pouch full of chocolate. "Thank you!" I whispered trying to inject feeling back into my voice.
I always felt guilty when Lupin helped me like this. He had to go through the same thing I did. Why do I have to be so weak?

Both of us were too weak to move much despite the fact that we had become human again.
"The potion wasn't as strong this time. So I have gotten Professor Snape to teach my class today." Lupin said softly, "I recommend you take the day off from class." He mumbled before drifting off again.

If it had been for any other reason I might have found my professor passed out on the floor comical. I rolled over onto my back and stared up at the ceiling. Just that action depleted my already low energy levels, stars danced before my vision their colors stabbing into my eyes. Darkness once again consumed me and I fell down the never ending pit of my own faults.

When I regained consciousness I tried to sit up. My head felt so heavy and I slumped back to the floor. My eyes were open but I couldn't bring my vision into focus. The world was spinning and I was sinking into the floor. Finally I dragged myself over to a wall and propped my body into a sitting position. Groaning I slowly ate the chocolate Lupin had given me. It was only then that I noticed the fresh scars on my legs and arms. I tried to ignore them for now, i had bigger problems to deal with.

Staggering to my feet I leaned against the wall for support. I stood there for a long time before I was able to move. Slowly but surely I made it to my bag on the other side of the room. I picked it up and stumbled into the halls. Everyone must have been in class because the school seemed empty. I made it to the nearest bathroom and tried to make myself look presentable. Like I hadn't just been tortured. The only thing I couldn't seem to fix were the new scars that poked out of the neckline in my shirt. Lupin must have healed me somehow because these scars looked almost like the ones on my arms. More guilt stabbed at my stomach as I combed my knotted hair. Class would transition in 10 minutes so I had plenty of time.

Once I had finished I headed to Defense Against the Dark Arts. I could barely walk but I knew I had to fake it so nobody would know. I pulled open the door and I quickly took my seat. Class hadn't started yet and I breathed a sigh of relief.

Then Snape started to lecture.

-Greg Bear

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:06 am
View Likes
Remington38 says...

Medora DADA class

I honestly was trying not to get myself into detention today, Snape seemed to have something against me ever since the whole issue with Draco, so you cant imagine my dissapointment when I walked into class and swing him for a second time that day. Godric, Robert, Rain, and I were all sitting in the back of class as Snape ranted on and on about Werewolves. I honestly did find it interesting, but I spent most of my time tying Godric long silvery locks into small braids and when I would put little elastics on the end of them they would stand up on their end. I could help but giggle a little, it was then Snape called on me.
"So at what part of this lesson do you find amusing Miss Eslington?" Snake asked sneering and I felt all eyes of the class focused on me. Strangely I also noticed Rain be particularly sensitive about this topic and was looking at me carefully. I decide to throw my dignity out the window, because I am sick of Snape picking out those he despises.
"Oh, nothing about the lesson is amusing Professor. I find my find your lack of emotions towards these poor creatures upsetting and they were snickers not laughs. Also I might as well take away my houses points and save you the strain on your particularly ear offending monotone voice, because I know you dislike me and are willing to punish anyone you don't like." I felt myself ranting off and Godric starts pulling at the sleeve of my sweater to get me to stop. Soon my ranting starts turning into to nonsensical babbling as I feel everyone looking at me and Snape giving me he death glare.
" I... I..." I finally stop talking and sit down. Snape is astounded and stares at me for a few seconds.
"100 points from Slytherin." That was all he said, then he assigned us twice the normal amount of homework and that was the end of it. The bell rang and I saw Rain run off as quickly as possible, I hope in the direction of Madame Pomfery because she has been looking very ill. Once we were out of earshot I turn to Robert while holding Godrics hand.
"How am I still alive? How am I not already expelled or dead after that?" They both look at me as shocked as I am. I didn't ever know why or what I was ranting to him about, he is not that terrible of a teacher, he just frustrates me.
"You got lucky that's for sure." Robert says elbowing me in the rib cage and I don't even attempt to hit him back, because he is right.
Proud Reader of Banned Books

Answer to life, the universe, and everything: 42

Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.
Cesar Cruiz

Pluviophile- a lover of rain; someone who finds joy/peace of mind on rainy days.

59 Reviews

Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:50 pm
SirenCymbaline says...

Friday DADA class
Robert

It was impossible to concentrate. As much as Robert tried to focus, he kept getting knocked back out of it by the voice of Snape berating his students, the low buzz of his classmates complaining from all sides, and the occasional soft giggle from Medora, doing lord knows what to Godric.

Normally, Robert was just fine at blocking out outside noises when he needed to.
He knew why he couldn't this time. It was Rain. She looked tired today.
She'd tried to hide it, as usual, and she hid it well, but he could recognise the signs.
He gave up on copying notes from the textbook and turned to her.
He poked her lightly. ''Hey, Rain.'' he whispered. ''Are you alright?''
She turned her head sluggishly to answer him. Even her smallest reactions were delayed. ''Yes, I'm fine.'' she whispered back, a little hoarsely.
''Don't bother me. I can do this.''

Robert drew away from her, and looked back down at his textbook.

To become a werewolf, it is necessary to be bitten by a werewolf in their wolfish form at the time of the full moon. When the werewolf’s saliva mingles with the victim’s blood, contamination will occur...

A mixture of powdered silver and dittany applied to a fresh bite will seal the wound and allow the victim to live on as a werewolf, although tragic tales are told of witches and wizards begging for death rather than becoming werewolves...

A werewolf cannot choose whether or not to transform and will no longer remember who they are and would kill even their best friend given the opportunity once transformed.

He shook his head, and skimmed to the end of the chapter, and found an some acknowledgements, including Excerpts from "Lupine Lawlessness: Why Lycanthropes Don’t Deserve to Live" by Emerett Picardy. He gave up, closing his book with a small thud. For a short while, he just stared at the floor, making the odd glance at Rain.
He couldn't stand that she had to go through this. Even more, the fact that she felt like she had to take it alone. He spent a moment trying to work up the courage to bother her again.

He was snapped out of this when he heard Snape calling out Medora, and she burst into a tirade of insults that dragged on into an incoherent mess until they trailed out.
It was astonishing that Snape even let her go on that long. Then his face returned from frozen disbelief to his customary expression of loathing, loathing of life and everyone in it.''A hundred points from Slytherin.'' he said simply, and moved on.
''You will each write an essay, to be handed in to me, on the ways you recognise and kill werewolves. I want two rolls of parchment on the subject.''

Robert frowned. He knew that while this was just an inconvenience to him and the other students, to Rain it was a message. A message that she was not welcome here. He moved to follow her, to tell her that none of this mattered, that there were people here who would always stand by her, but she ran out before he could even get a word in. He didn't even see her face.

She was too far already, so he let her go. Maybe she needed to be alone anyway.
So he just followed Godric and Medora out instead.
"How am I still alive? How am I not already expelled, or dead, after that?" she said, sounding exasperated with herself.
"You got lucky that's for sure." Robert said, elbowing her. ''I mean, yes, he usually lets students from his own house get away with all sorts of things, but he's not one to let personal insults go so easily.'' He was grinning, and he had his eyebrows raised in an infuriatingly knowing way.

Medora looked back at him with a furious pout.''Don't make fun of me, this is serious."
Robert relaxed his expression to something marginally more considerate.
''Don't worry about it, he hates everyone, you're just one more name on a very long list. He'll forget about you eventually. ''

He suddenly looked more serious, and even a little pleading.
''That said, please don't wind him up more. He might harbour some resentment from the accident in his storage room...and I want to pass Potions this year.''

Medora laughed. ''Oh, so now you care, as long as something's at stake for you?''

Robert turned up his nose, folding his arms. ''That's some way to talk to somebody who saved your life so recently. You're welcome, by the way.''

Medora's eyes widened, and then narrowed down to slits.
''Could you be more conceited? What are you turning your nose up like that for, anyway? Are you trying to compensate because you're no taller than I am?''

Robert flinched, then rolled his eyes. ''Go on, poke at the height complex you assume I have. That's clever.''

''Don't criticize my insults, you're the one who's resorting to sarcasm, of all things. Because we're so impressed.'' said Medora.

''You just used sarcasm now!'' said Robert.

''Would you two please try to get along?'' Godric pleaded. He didn't look very authoritative with the way Medora had done his hair.

''I can easily get along. It's just a matter of if she'll be too proud to get along with me.'' said Robert.

Medora opened her mouth.

''Fine, fine, I'm being stupid, we're both being stupid, let's make up.'' Robert said, getting the words out as fast as he could.

He reached his hand out stiffly. Medora didn't take it. He sighed.
''Fine, I'm sorry. Is that good enough?'' Medora stopped for a moment, then nodded.

Godric breathed a sigh of relief, and muttered under his breath. ''Slytherins.''

Friday Evening

Robert scratched out the entire first paragraph for what must have been the fifth time. This werewolf essay wasn't coming along at all.
The first draft was just a brief summary of how to recognise them, rewritten several times in slightly more eloquent ways. When he tried to get on the subject of how to kill them, he was too disgusted with himself to even finish.

It just didn't feel right. So he scrapped the whole thing, and started writing something else.
Last edited by SirenCymbaline on Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reviews: 2
Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:20 pm
View Likes
ty7lucky says...

Gavin Olden, Tuesday morning

The drama of the last few days was becoming too much for me. I was ready for a little bit of normal. The match was coming quickly but I felt ready. I had a good feeling about this one. We had been practicing hard, and I also got to miss out on classes.

We had just finished another practicing and I made my way back to Defense Against the Dark Arts. I saw confusion in the room as students stood quietly. I looked for friends, none were there. I asked Justin where they had gone. He told me of the events with Robert's boggart.

I ran to find them. I entered the room they were talking and didn't want to intrude so I stayed in the back. I was wondering what Robert was feeling, I wanted to help but felt like an intruder on something personal.

I heard slight chuckles come from the front of the room, I knew he was alright. I stepped back into the hall quietly, without anyone noticing

Tuesday evening

We surrounded Clara and Luke's beds after their encounter with the dementors. "Are you all right?" I ask as Clara returns to consciousness. She looks slightly pale still. I was going to have quidditch practice today but it was canceled due to the dementor attack.

I hoped that nothing like this would happen again. I look around the room we are the only ones in the hospital wing currently. I can't believe the school year wasn't even halfway over, with all the excitement that had happened this year.

Spoiler! :
Sorry it's extremely short, I just wanted to get a post in.
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
-Douglas Adams

267 Reviews

Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:25 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

Godric Lovegood

Medora and Robert worked things out which brought me relief. I didn't make friends very easily, and they were the only people I seemed to trust at the moment. If they fought over anything, it made me worry they would never stop. Must be a Slytherin thing.

We had left DADA class to come to terms that Clara and Luke had been in the Hospital Wing. Gavin had informed us as he ran down the corridors. My heart raced, imagining the Dementor coming up close to my own face, sucking all my happiness like fuel. Clara must feel awful, same with Luke. Medora gave me a wide eyed expression, and I already knew where we would be going next.

We ran after Gavin, pushing through the crowds of students and ignoring the yells of professors. One of us were hurt, we had to make sure they were okay. My robes felt heavy as I ran; maybe working out should happen sooner rather than later.

"Godric, please slow down!" I heard Robert yell from behind me. But I couldn't even think of a reply as I jumped onto one of the moving staircases and ran up, going through the portrait. From there I saw Rain and Gavin running into the Hospital Wing.

"Well, I guess everyone showed up." Medora sighed, taking a few deep breaths.

I stopped just before the doors, realizing that I should catch my breath. My chest felt heavy as I searched for oxygen. It took me a few minutes before I could regain myself, as well as the others. Once we collected ourselves, we walked in, seeing Clara and Luke just next to each other.

The windows brought in a lot of light, giving the place a less scary feeling which was nice for a Hospital Wing. I walked over, with Medora and Robert in tow, to Clara and the rest of the gang. She was paler than usual and had black circles under her eyes. Luke was the same, except a bit more out of it.

"Hey guys," I smiled shyly. "How are you feeling?"

Medora walked to Claras' side, taking her hand in hers, as did Rain.

"Like crap really," Clara smiled. "Thanks for stopping by."

"Is it okay if I ask what really happened?" Robert pitched in, and of course he asks this. It's Robert.

I felt a pang in my chest as he let those words slip out, but I knew it was all in his best intention. Luke looked up at Robert from his bed, and then down at Clara. He must've been attacked way worse than Clara.

"We were up for a joy ride, and we should have thought better about it, considering the circumstances..." But before Clara could continue, a sound of running came from behind me.

I turned to look and saw Harry, Ron, and Hermione running in. They came up to us, looking down at both Clara and Luke.

"Clara, oh my God. When I heard you were attacked... I tried to get here as quickly as I could." Hermione took a deep breath, going over to Claras' side as Medora stepped away. She took her hand and smiled. "I'm so happy you're okay."

"Me too," Clara smiled.

Hermione turned to look at Luke, "Luke," she sighed. He looked up at her and I knew this was a moment. "You were really dumb for doing that. But I'm happy you're okay as well... next time don't take Clara! You'll harm her even more!" She cracked a smile.

"I'll try to keep myself out of trouble, Granger." He smirked.

I looked over at Clara and noticed that she wasn't looking at Hermione, she was Smiling at Ron. He was making funny faces at her, just to help her cope. I think I knew Clara liked Luke ever since I saw her lay yes on him. It was instant, just like I liked Medora.

Medora walked over to me, holding onto my arm and lying her head against it. She happened to be shorter than me, so she couldn't be against my shoulder. Her warmth radiated onto me, giving me comfort as I watched Claras' heart break before me. You'd think that the Dementor hurt her the most.

"You better be in shape for the next game, Luke!" Harry laughed. "We really need you to fully recover."

"No worries Potter, you can count on me."

Luke sat up in his bed, giving us space to sit down at the end of it. I took Medora and we plopped onto the stiff bed.

"So, could you tell us what happened?" I asked this time, knowing Robert was dying to know.

As the notifications drift in I stop and wonder. Why do they take so long? Do they have adventures we don't know about? I bet they do. When they come I will ask myself. What amazing adventure has this straggling notification been on? How far did it travel, and why didn't it take me?
— TypoWithoutCoffee