z

Young Writers Society

Hogwarts Students and The Years We Lived with Harry Potter

Reviews: 2
Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:28 pm
View Likes
ty7lucky says...

Gavin olden Sunday evening

I lay in bed and now that everything is calm all that had happened the last few days hit me hard. The problems may be resolved mostly but nothing will be the same. I don't know what to do or think anymore. I'm not even sure who I am.

My eyes shut and I fall into a deep and fitful sleep. I see myself, my eyes are shut as though in an enchanted sleep. Then the transparent form of my great grandfather emerges a sickly smirk wide across his face. He speaks and his words reverberate around in my mind. You are a monster, he snickers then fades. I see my friends they hate me they spit out snide remarks and point and laugh. For each comment a gash appears on my face hands or feet. Then my dream changes and I am falling forever. On and on. I try to grab at something but nothing is there. As I fall my face changes into that of Voldemort and I laugh.

I awake dripping in sweat it's four in the morning, but I know I won't be able to fall to sleep again and I don't want to. I get out of bed and pull on some slippers. I quietly sneak out of the common room. I want to get away from something but I don't know what. I guess that I want to get away from everything. I find myself running, where to I don't know.

I stop suddenly for no reason. I am standing in front of the door to the room of requirements. I enter to find what I was wishing for. The room is an exact replica of my living room. A fire is lit in the fireplace. I lay on the couch where a blanket was conveniently sitting. The door shuts and I am alone.

I think. I think of how long it seems since that party I had been to before the start of this school year. It was only a few months ago. I was so happy then and I wanted to feel that way now. I wished I could have the kind of relationship I once had with the Hufflepuff boys with Clara, Luke, Rain, Godric, Medora, and Robert. But that seemed like it would never happen.

Even though I thought I could never get back to sleep it eventually happened. But this time it was calm and relaxing. It was the best sleep I had had in awhile, but it lasted too long.
Last edited by ty7lucky on Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
-Douglas Adams

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:41 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Robert
The corridor outside the Room of Requirement, early midnight

The Dark Mark. Medora wore the Dark Mark, the symbol of hatred, division, and pureblood supremacy. It was unreal, impossible, and yet undoubtedly true.

Usually, if Draco Malfoy ever bothered Medora, Robert was there to stand up for her.
But this time, he chose to follow Godric, who he found with his face buried in his hands as he leaned against the wall of the corridor, sliding a little.
''Did I ever even know her?'' he said quietly. His voice was crackling with emotion.

Robert moved to stand beside him.
''I don't know. Did you know she and Malfoy cursed a muggleborn on the train at the beginning of the year? I kept it to myself to give her a chance to change, because I thought maybe she had. But with secrets like this... I'm not sure I can believe her.''

Godric lowered his hands, and looked out the window. ''I thought she trusted me. It hurts, to see that she didn't. And now I know she has a tattoo of the Mark, I don't know what to believe anymore. But what if... what if she really has changed?''

''We can't know that. Sure, Draco is a self-serving bastard, but Medora admitted what he said was true. Who knows what other secrets she might have?''
As he spoke, he saw Godric nod sadly. It was clear that he while he was angry and upset for himself, he was still worried about Medora. Robert looked at him with concern.
''Whatever you do, just be careful. I care about you.''

Godric shook his head softly. ''I just... need some time to think about this. I'm too much of a mess right now.''

Robert smiled lightly. It was a nervous one, an awkward one, but it had some genuine warmth in it. ''You're strong. You'll be fine. And if you need someone to talk to, I'll be around.'' Then he looked at the ground, and coughed. ''Goodnight.''
Godric said goodnight back, and left for the Ravenclaw Tower.

Robert was so caught up in comforting Godric that he had forgotten how they had left Medora alone with Draco. Time would tell if their friendship would still be salvageable when he remembered her.

In the meantime, he left for his own common room, hoping not to get caught out at night.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:52 am
View Likes
Nike says...

Godric Lovegood
Spoiler! :
Happy Holidays guys!!! <3

Sunday Night

It was very frequent that Medora and I would sneak away to the Room of Requirement, just to sleep together and feel comfort. It was hard to sneak around the Ravenclaw Tower, but I managed with Rain's help. She was good at hiding secrets.

This time was different though. Medora had Robert join us, not that I was complaining. She was reading some muggle novel to us, one written by a Russian individual. The fireplace in front of us was lit, sending warmth through the room, making the blankets we were using even warmer.

That's when everything went slow for me. Time stopped as Draco waltzed in, taking what I had with Medora and tearing it to shreds. All my feelings, all I knew about her, was gone. Right when she exposed that Dark Mark, my heart sank and everything got foggy. It was wrong, everything was wrong.

Robert followed me into the corridor and tried to comfort me, it helped. But when he left, the school felt like it was closing in on me. Somehow, I just sat on the floor, looking over the paintings around me as they looked back at me with concern. Tears came from my eyes, sliding down my cheeks.

I was alone, I could cry freely. She was the one person I thought I knew. I thought that I could be with. She was the one girl I actually connected with... and now... and now she was a Death Eater in the making?

Wiping my face with the back of my hands, I sniffled, getting comfortable on the floor. The cool rock felt comforting, and I leaned against the wall, shutting my eyes.

The next thing I knew, it was Monday morning and I was woken by the slam of a door. I shook awake, grabbing my head, surprised by the strong pain it gave me. Must've been because I was sleeping against a wall the whole night. I caught sight of Draco walking out of the Room of Requirement with a smug look on his face. My stomach churned as I imagined him kissing Medora, taking her away from me.

Even though she his such a secret from me, it didn't mean I broke things with her. But everyone would assume so. So, she would go back to him. He did this to get her back, he stayed to comfort her.

I stood up, my legs numb from the floor. Stretching them, I managed to get them back, a prickly feeling surrounding each part of them. Draco must've felt my presence, so he turned on his heel and let out a small laugh once he saw me.

"Lovegood, you pathetic muggle lover." He snarled. "You're a sad, sad excuse for a wizard. Get yourself together, mate."

I took a deep breath, taking a few steps towards him. The tension grew thick once our eyes met, his were cold. "Leave Medora alone Draco, you've already done enough to her."

"Is that so?" Her crossed his arms over his chest. "Didn't seem to me that she was bothered by me at all. Actually, she clung onto me all night. Unlike your pathetic self, almost as bad as Potter, you fool."

"Just leave Malfoy," I huffed, imagining Medora crying into Draco's chest. Of course she did this. "I don't want to see you, or Medora ever again. Have fun, you won." And I walked around him, storming off into the hallway.

Today was the game, and I wanted to get through my classes. Today would keep my mind at bay, away from all these thoughts. Away from all these feelings. I'd watch the Gryffindor versus Hufflepuff game with Robert this Friday, so I might as well check out the practices if I could... anything to be away.

Maybe Harry would reach the team some new tricks. Eiether way I'd be numb.

As I was finding my way to breakfast, I felt myself drown in the crowds that lined the stairs. There was talking everywhere as the stream of students flooded towards the Great Hall. Before I could go eat, I stopped by a lavatory to freshen up.

Once I saw my face, I almost didn't recognize myself. My hair was even messed up. There were heavy bags under my eyes, my pale skin even more paler. I threw water at my face, letting the cold of it wake me up. Walking out, I caught site of Gavin. He seemed lost in his own world.

"Gavin!" I called, running up to him.

He looked up, raising an eyebrow in surprise.

"Hey, want to walk to the Hall together?" I asked.

Nodding, he said. "Sure, sure. You're Godric, correct?"

"Yes, so, how've you been?"

From the corner of my eye, I noticed Robert sulking next to me. I turned around and waved him over. With a nod, he came up to us. The students crowded around us as we made it to the Great Hall.

"Hey there Gavin," Robert smiled. "How are you?"

Last edited by Nike on Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:44 pm
View Likes
Remington38 says...

Medora - the next morning...

" I don't want to see you, or Medora ever again. Have fun, you won..." My breath caught in my throat when Godrics voice shouting woke me up. I instantly wish that I hadn't woken up to that, those words saying that he never wanted to see me again. I walk towards the door and open it a crack and see Godric storming away and Draco going in the opposite direction.

What was I thinking? Letting Draco comfort me, letting Godric think I was ok with it. My stomach churns at the thought and I slowly slide down and sit on the floor. Last night when Draco was holding me I kept trying to tell myself that he was Godric, that it was him with his silver hair holding me; that he still wanted me. Even though Draco held me wrong, more just to touch me than to show care I forced myself to imagine Godrics strong build. A few more tears stream down my cheek and I force myself to stand up.

I walk over to the books and look around, seeing all of the ashes covering every book shelf and I start to clean them off. I use my hands to dump the crumbling black pages into the trash bin, refusing to use magic for this. The apart is fragil and thin so it falls apart on my fingertips turning them black. I hear the bells for class and the sounds of people laughing and being happy and I don't think I can stomach sitting through class. I keep working hard wiping down each shelf with care when's I realize half the day is already passed and it's lunch time. My stomach growls but I don't think I can bear to see the sight of Draco, Robert, or Godric. The doors to the room slowly screech open and I see Robert walk in. He jumps a little at the sight of me and I can imagine how I look, covered in black ashes. Concern washes over him and he only manages to say my name.
"Medora... What happened?" He says softly and takes a step towards me which I respond with a step away.
"Someone needed to clean it up." I snap back and instantly regret it.
"But that shouldn't have taken that long or that much trouble..."
"With magic... I didn't want to use any magic." I say firmly feeling those walls from long ago building themselves back up. He just looks at me for a few minuets and them breaks away eye contact looking around and I hand him what i knew he came for. I place text book on the table for him to grab and so go back to wiping the shelves off with a rag and there are a few moments of awkward silence.
"It wasn't real." I say quietly and he snaps his head in my direction. "My tattoo. It was more like a promise to my family that I would get the real one on my arm when I was ready. I was planning on leaving before that point, so I cover it up so no one sees it." Robert just stares at me and I can see this is overwhelming to him and he just says my name and the bell rings snapping him out of he moment. He walks away quickly and heads off to class while I slowly continue cleaning the shelves.

Spoiler! :
have an amazing holiday guys :)
Proud Reader of Banned Books

Answer to life, the universe, and everything: 42

Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.
Cesar Cruiz

Pluviophile- a lover of rain; someone who finds joy/peace of mind on rainy days.

59 Reviews

Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:56 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Robert
After 2nd period

Coming out of Study of Ancient Runes, Robert realized he'd left his Transfiguration textbook back in the Room of Requirement.
He had to think about his class several times before the room would open for him. Honestly, he thought, how did Godric and Medora make opening this place look so easy?

When he finally made it in, he was surprised to find that Medora was still there, her melancholy face smudged with ashes. Had she really been there all night?
It suddenly struck Robert that he'd been so concerned with comforting Godric, he'd forgotten to think about how Medora was feeling. Looking at her now, she looked like she'd been crying a moment ago.

"Medora... What happened?"
"Someone needed to clean it up." she snapped.
"But that shouldn't have taken that long..." he said, thinking about how worrying it was that Medora had missed several classes that day.
Come to think of it, with all the time she'd been spending with Godric, she was probably behind on homework too.
"With magic... I didn't want to use any magic." she said firmly.

There was a moment of silence before and after Medora returned Robert's textbook. She finally worked up the courage to break it.

"It wasn't real. My tattoo. It was more like a promise to my family that I would get the real one on my arm when I was ready. I was planning on leaving before that point."
Robert frowned. Even though he felt sorry for her, and he wanted to believe her, he didn't think he could. He didn't know what to believe any more.
So he just stared for a while, trying to decipher her. She was his friend too, and he was inclined to worry. But he was still unsure if the Medora he knew was the real Medora, or just a selfish manipulator like Draco said.

Who was Medora? if she really was a victim of circumstance, if she really wasn't a pureblood supremacist anymore, then why didn't she trust her friends with the truth?
When did she decide to make this supposed change anyway?
Robert still hadn't forgotten how she cursed a muggleborn just a few weeks ago.
And she'd supposedly been reading muggle books for a long time now.
So what did that say about her, if she was a person who could love their literature, but care so little for the people who wrote it? If she could admire them, and yet take pleasure in their pain at the same time, then maybe she could do the same with her friends.
If you really stopped being a pureblood supremacist, then why did you curse that muggleborn on the train? he thought.
But when he tried to say it to her, he only got so far as her name before the bell rang. He shook his head, and left her behind for the second time.

On the way to Transfiguration, he found Godric, Gavin, and a redhaired Hufflepuff girl talking together in the Great Hall.

He paused. Should he tell Godric what Medora had said about the tattoo? Give him hope that there may still be a chance that Medora was who he thought she was?
He decided against it. He didn't want to risk hurting Godric further when he was just beginning to move on.
And, he thought, Medora already had her chance to choose him over Draco.

''How's it going?'' he asked. ''It's going fine. We were just talking Quidditch.'' said Gavin. Robert grinned, shaking his head.
''Nobody's going to get any homework done with this Quidditch fever going on. Don't worry, I can catch you up in Study Group. The next meeting is tomorrow, after all.''
''Did you hear it's taking place in the library from now on?'' added the Hufflepuff girl.
''Do I know you?'' Robert asked her. ''Asha Diggory.'' ''Robert Griffiths. Nice to meet-''

But he was distracted by the sight of an owl flitting up by the ceiling, through to the other side of the room. He was sure it was Pip again.
''Sorry, I have to go. Godric, let's catch up later in Transfiguration.''
Then he rushed off to follow the owl into an empty classroom.

She was taking a short break from flying, resting on a windowsill.
''Pip, what are you doing? is that a-'' he noticed she had a wand in her claws.
''You stole this wand again? Unbelievable. Let me have it. Come on.''
The owl sat on the wand obstinately. Robert sighed, and scratched her cheek until she let go. He took it, and identified it as Rain's.
''Pip, I'm trying to get on Rain's good side, you're not helping me here. Why do you even do things like this?'' The owl stared at him blankly, and hooted.

Robert facepalmed in resignation. ''Okay. I'm going to give her wand back, and you're coming with me to apologise. Let's go.''
And the owl flew away. ''Pip, Fluffmuffin, can't we talk about this?'' he called out to her.
Any authority his voice had before was gone now. Now he was just protesting.
But the owl had gone on without him, so he accepted his fate, and went out to find Rain on his own.

267 Reviews

Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:41 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

Godric Lovegood

"Gavin, what do you know about Death eaters?" I asked as we left class.

He had his books clutched under his arms as he crossed them over his chest. His faced went from a smile, to an eyebrow risen in question. Students walked around us, clearing out into the hallway, heading towards the stairway.

"That's an odd question..." He paused, looking over at me. "I don't know too much,"

I swallowed hard, "I-I'm sorry, forget I ever asked."

As I walked to my next class, Transfiguration, I caught sight of Gavin with a Hufflepuff girl that seemed familiar to me. I caught up to them, tapping Gavin on the shoulder and nodding at the girl.

"Hey guys, how are you?" I smiled.

"Doing well, heading to class, you?" Gavin replied.

"Alright, considering the circumstances." I managed to hide my sadness, the heartbreak Medora had left me with.

"I'm Asha Diggory," The girl said from next to Gavin. "You must be Godric, the lonely boy."

I rose an eyebrow at her. "You know about me?"

"It's hard not to hear about the big couple that separated because of the Malfoy Manor." She smiled sincerely at me, "I'm so sorry about that."

I sighed, "It's okay, I have been surviving. I don't like the idea that people are talking about me at all..."

Before we could continue our conversation, Robert runs up to us with a smile. The crowds around us start to lessen as everyone found their way to their classes. I somehow didn't even want to be at Hogwarts. I knew I'd see Draco sometime today.

''How's it going?'' he asked.

''It's going fine. We were just talking Quidditch.'' said Gavin, covering the truth. Thank God for Gavin.

Robert grinned and shook his head, ''Nobody's going to get any homework done with this Quidditch fever going on. Don't worry, I can catch you up in Study Group. The next meeting is tomorrow, after all.''

''Did you hear it's taking place in the library from now on?'' Asha added from Gavins' left.

''Do I know you?'' Robert asked her.

''Asha Diggory.'' She looked over at him.

''Robert Griffiths. Nice to meet-''

Before he could finish his sentence, he looked over through the windows to our right. He got distracted at something and started walking off.

''Sorry, I have to go. Godric, let's catch up later in Transfiguration.'' He said as he rushed off.

I don't think he'd be in Transfiguration. I looked over at Gavin and Asha. They both had a weird look on their face, as if questioning me about Robert's actions. I just shrugged my shoulders and sighed.

"Robert... he's cool, trust me." I said.

267 Reviews

Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:14 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

Clara Black

Monday Evening

It was a Monday, and everyone was already Quidditch crazy. Hermione was over her head in studying, Ron was jumping with joy, egging Harry on to take him with to practices. And I? I was staring dreamily at Luke from afar. We had given Harry the sweets we brought from Hogsmeade, and he couldn't stop smiling since then.

Dinner was served and we all dug in, enjoying the feast. Even though we ate so many sweets, it was like are stomachs were never ending. I drank some Pumpkin Juice, downing the remaining food that lingered in my mouth. I noticed that Harry was eyeing Professor Snape, I followed his gaze and noticed him staring at Lupin every so often. I looked back at Harry and our eyes met, my throat closed up.

Looking up, I saw the Ghosts travel around the Great Hall, fooling around with the students. Even Nearly Headless Nick was up there, reenacting his beheading. I smiled up at his, and he nodded his now slightly attached head back at me.

"Clara, have you spoken to Luke recently?" Hermione asked from my left.

My eyes got wide as I looked back down at her. Her eyebrow was raised in question at me.

"Sorta, why?" I answered, calming down my racing heart and blinking, I hated when my eyes got wide. It was a giveaway.

"I just want to know how he's been doing, is all."

I huffed, hiding my smirk. "I'm so sure Ms. Granger."

"What do you mean?"

I looked over at Ron and Harry and they were smirking as well, knowing why Hermione had asked. Luke was always a soft topic for her. And I don't think she'd ever get over that guy.

I shifted in my seat and looked over at the Slytherin table. Wow, that's odd. Medora was sitting away from Godric... and they both had sour faces. Robert was right next to Godric, talking to him. Presumably to cheer him up. From looking at them, they must've had some sort of row.

"Have any of you seen Rain?" A voice came from behind me.

Turning around, I clutched my chest and took a deep breath. When you're staring off, it's easy to get startled. Gavin was standing before me, his eyes too wide to think his question was just for leisure.

"No, what happened?" I asked.

I don't know what happened... but I have a feeling she's in danger.

I bolted up from the table and stared him dead in the eye.

"Could you repeat what you said?"

Before he could stutter an answer, Hermione spoke up. "He didn't say anything Clara,"

I swallowed hard and looked at him, hearing some sort of mumbling but his mouth wasn't moving. What was happening to me? Was I hearing things?

"You read my mind, didn't you." He swallowed hard.

"What?" I took a step back. "No, I couldn't have don-ne that." I stuttered, feeling my cheeks grow pink.

"What did I say then Clara?" He asked.

"You said, 'I don't know what happened... but I have a feeling she's in danger.'." I said carefully.

His jaw dropped as he looked from me to Hermione and back to me. I felt my heart rate pick up, my anxiety was kicking in.

"I thought that Clara. How long were you going to wait to tell us you were a Legilimen?" His eyebrows rose up in shock.

"A what?" I asked, looking down at Hermione.

Her eyes were wide as she stared up at me, her jaw slightly dropped. But it didn't take her long to get up from the table and face me, a small smile on her face. Looks like she was going to teach me a lesson today.

"Legilimency is the act of magically navigating through the many layers of a person's mind and correctly interpreting one's findings, which is simply put as 'reading minds'. A person who practices this art is known as a Legilimens." She said matter-of-factly, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I don't practice anything." I sighed. "How can I do this?"

"You have a talent... just like Queenie Goldstein!" She smiled. "She's a well known Legilimen, she could read minds without having to practice as much as others."

"'Mione..." I breathed, still shook.

The Great Hall had all the students collectively get up, leaving the Hall. Dinner was over with and I still couldn't manage to catch my breath. We made our way out, following the herd.

"The dementors send their love, Potter!" Draco yelled among the crowd at us.

I shook my head and smiled at Harry, "Forget him,"

We made our way back to the gryffindor Tower, following the other students. Once we reached the top floor, we noticed the stairs jammed with students not going into the Common Room. They were murmuring among each other.

"Why isn't anyone going in?" Ron asked with an eyebrow raised. I shrugged my shoulders in reply and looked back.

Harry stood on his tip toes and eyed the portrait hole. He came back down and shook his head, unsure of what was going on.

"Let me through, please." Percy said from behind us, pushing through the crowd to get to the portrait. "What's the holdup here? You can't all have forgotten the password -- excuse me, I'm Head Boy --" and he stopped talking, as if someone told him to finally shut up.

All of a sudden everyone stopped talking and silence fell through the hall. Suddenly, Percy spoke up sharply, "Somebody get Professor Dumbledore. Quick."

People started turning around, facing each other with shook in their eyes. Ginny came up to us, eyeing the crowd curiously.

"What's going on?" She asked.

Spoiler! :

99 Reviews

Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:18 am
View Likes
Remington38 says...

Medora afternoon

I finally decided to go to my classes the next day, despite everything in me that wanted to lay in bed and never get out. Sleep was so peaceful; I wish I could just stay like that. As I was walking down the hallway towards the great hall for lunch I noticed people whispering and staring at me. My stomach churns and I feel light headed when I hear someone actually say my name.
"Did you hear about Sirius Black being in the school? Look, it's Medora, I bet she knows where he is. Someobody says they heard from someone else that they think that it's her and Draco that let Sirius onto campus..." They whisper a few other things that are inaudible. Another person is talking about me quietly but every so often they cast a cold glare in my direction.
"Did you hear she left the Ravenclaw boy for Draco Malfoy?" They spit out. I realize that all of this is Draco's doing and I feel so helpless. How much has he told everyone? Does everyone know about my stupid tattoo? Suddenly all of the books in my arms felt like they weighed tons and I leaned against the wall. Rain, Clara, and Hermione walk past me and give me a sympathetic look and I can't even manage to look at them. Bile rises in the back of my throat and I rush away towards the girls bathroom. I sit down in the floor inside one of the stalls and lean my face against the cool metal door. I don't bother closing it, because no one comes in here. Tears stream down my face. I am so sick of crying. My stomach churns again and I let everything that's bottled up inside me out. I choke on air, gasping, and I hear someone come inside. I assume it's Murtle and I try to toughen up my appearance and laugh a little at myself. I am such a horrible Slytherin, crying over some guy... my lip quivers and I instantly hate myself for thinking that. He was the only who didn't act like they owned me, acted like he actually cared how I felt. "I should be used to this: people leaving... there is all one common factor to the friendships and relationships I have; me." I say out loud and expect Murtle to laugh at me or tell me that I am such a baby, instead a soft voice speaks.
"No one should be used to that." It's Clara and Rain standing in the stall door frame. I give up on trying to look tough and let out a small whimper.
"I would give everything and anything to get him back. I just want to fix this." Another whimper escapes my lips and they both look sadly down at me.

Cesar Cruiz

Pluviophile- a lover of rain; someone who finds joy/peace of mind on rainy days.

Reviews: 2
Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:17 pm
View Likes
ty7lucky says...

Gavin Olden Monday morning

I wake up and a million thoughts run through my head at once, What will people still think of me? Why am I in the Room of Requirements, I had completely forgotten the events of last night. Then the last and probably most important, I'm hungry!

I hurried from the hall and remembered the Quidditch match on friday, I needed to practice. I mentally ran through the plays and defenses. I was so preoccupied I barely noticed Godric.

"Gavin!" He shouted.

I looked up to look at who was calling my name

"Hey, want to walk to the Hall together?" He inquired

I nodded and then my mind went blank, "Sure, sure. You're Godric, correct?"

"Yes, so, how've you been?"

"Good" I responded still unsure why I had forgotten his name.

Godric turned to wave someone over. I looked back to see Robert walking towards us.

"Hey there Gavin," Robert smiled. "How are you?"

"Good, I'm excited for the Quidditch match on friday." I paused, "Where's Medora, don't you guys usually stick together?" As I said this I could tell it made Godric and Robert feel uneasy.

When neither answered I shrugged, "Never Mind."

I packed my stuff up to go to Transfiguration when Godric spoke "Gavin, what do you know about Death eaters?"

I hadn't been ready for a question like this. My family had always tried to avoid the subject mostly because of our great great grandfather. "That's an odd question..." I paused, "I don't know too much,"

I swallowed hard, "I-I'm sorry, forget I ever asked."

"My family has kind of always avoided the subject you probably have heard about my great great grandfather."

I walked to Transfiguration with Asha we had met last year when I joined quidditch as a beater. Cedric her older brother had introduced us. Godric tapped me on the shoulder I turned as he nodded to Asha.

"Hey guys, how are you?" I smiled.

"Doing well, heading to class, you?" I replied.

"Alright, considering the circumstances." He looked kind of sad but tried to cover it up so I decided not to ask, if he wanted to talk to me about he would. I had heard some bits and pieces about what had happened with him and Medora.

"I'm Asha Diggory," Asha began. "You must be Godric, the lonely boy."

Godric rose an eyebrow at her. "You know about me?"

"It's hard not to hear about the big couple that separated because of the Malfoy Manor." She smiled kindly, "I'm so sorry about that."

Godric sighed, "It's okay, I have been surviving. I don't like the idea that people are talking about me at all..."

There was a momentary pause before Robert ran up.

''How's it going?'' he asked.

''It's going fine. We were just talking Quidditch.'' I covered up the uncomfortable subject.

Robert grinned and shook his head, ''Nobody's going to get any homework done with this Quidditch fever going on. Don't worry, I can catch you up in Study Group. The next meeting is tomorrow, after all.''

''Did you hear it's taking place in the library from now on?'' Asha replied.

''Do I know you?'' Robert asked.

''Asha Diggory.''

''Robert Griffiths. Nice to meet-''

Before he could finish his sentence, he looked over through the windows. He began to walk off.

''Sorry, I have to go. Godric, let's catch up later in Transfiguration.'' He replied in a rush.

I was confused at why Robert just ran off. I looked over to see if Asha had anymore of a clue but she shrugged. I turned back to Godric.

"Robert... he's cool, trust me."

It was dinnertime and there was a sense of excitement in the air, undoubtedly for the upcoming Quidditch match. I began to eat when a feeling hit me like a vision but I saw nothing. I felt something bad was going to happen and the only thing that came to mind was rain. I stood up fast and the feeling got even worse. I turned to Godric and Robert, "I'll be back I just need to talk to Rain real quick."

My eyes searched to see Rain, but couldn't find her in the rows of faces. I looked and eventually my eyes fell on Clara she sat with Harry, Hermione, and Ron. I walked over quickly.

"Have any of you seen Rain?" I hurried up behind them and spoke quickly.

The four turned to look at me. I could feel myself anticipating and answer. Wanting to hear she had just gone to the bathroom or something.

"No, what happened?" I asked.

I thought of what to say so I wouldn't sound like a nutter. I worked it over and came up with a good sentence. I don't know what happened, but I have a feeling she's in danger.

Clara bolted up from the table and stared at me before I could say anything. I was alarmed at her reaction.

"Could you repeat what you said?" she said.

I had a feeling that I didn't know something, I was about to say I hadn't said anything when Hermione spoke up. "He didn't say anything Clara,"

"You read my mind, didn't you." I swallowed trying to get rid of the sick feeling in my gut.

"What?" she took a step back. "No, I couldn't have don-ne that."

"What did I say then Clara?" I asked.

"You said, 'I don't know what happened... but I have a feeling she's in danger'." She said slowly and deliberately

I felt my jaw drop in amazement. I looked from me to Hermione and back to me. I wondered if Hermione was thinking Clara might be a Legilimen as well.

"I thought that Clara. How long were you going to wait to tell us you were a Legilimen?" She had been thinking the same thing.

"A what?" She asked, looking down at Hermione.

There a small smile on Hermione's face as she rose to talk to Clara. "Legilimency is the act of magically navigating through the many layers of a person's mind and correctly interpreting one's findings, which is simply put as 'reading minds'. A person who practices this art is known as a Legilimens." She said quickly while crossing her arms over her chest.

"I don't practice anything." Clara sighed. "How can I do this?"

"You have a talent... just like Queenie Goldstein!" She Hermione smiled slightly. "She's a well known Legilimen, she could read minds without having to practice as much as others."

"'Mione..." Clara breathed slowly and deeply.

In the excitement of the moment I almost forgot about Rain. "When did you see Rain last?"

Spoiler! :
@Nike @Oswin1800 @SirenCymbaline @Remembrance
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
-Douglas Adams

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:43 am
View Likes
LordZeus says...

Lucius Salazar Darkflame

Monday evening

Luke moved quickly down the halls, is eyes darting to and fro. Sirius could be anywhere. he thought with dread. His dark mark twinged, and he winced. It had been doing that often since he met Scabbers the previous week.

He was ignoring it as it wasn't too bad, but it reminded him of the realization that he had had earlier that he himself was a potential target for Sirius. After all, who was Sirius more likely to detest more than a carrier of the dark mark, a child of death eaters, who was a friend of Harry Potter? It was treachery in the eyes of the Dark Lord's devotees, and a fanatic like Sirius would be sure to try and take his revenge.

He quickly darted into potions class. He was early, but he didn't feel safe waiting outside and chatting with friends like he would normally do.

Professor Snape lifted his eyes from a scroll he was reading and said, "Ah, Lucius, welcome. Are you ready for your first fifth year class?"

Suppressing a wince at the mention of his full name, Luke feigns mile enthusiasm and nodded. Due to his lost year dealing with his dragon form, his parents have pressured him to take classes above his year to make up for it. Of those classes, Luke got an Outstanding in potions, so a letter from his parents (who had friends with Snape in their school days) to Snape ensured that he was boosted up an extra year.

Snape directed him to a work table in the second row, and Luke sat down. Gradually more and more students entered until the class was. Snape himself had decided the pairs, and a number of pairs looked like they didn't really appreciate it.

They gave a lot of glances towards Luke, obviously not in their year. Edward Hikaragami was directed to join Luke, and Luke nodded him, not to receive one back. He just stared at Luke for a moment and sat down. Oh, this is going to be soooo fun.

Soon, every seat was full save one, and Snape kept glancing at the clock at frowning, and Luke immediately felt pity for the absent student.

"Um...Hello? Is this Potions class?" said a voice and everyone turned to the doorway where a girl with striking red hair was standing.

That must be the new girl, Cedric's sister. thought Luke.

"Ten points from Hufflepuff for lateness, Miss Diggory." snapped Snape.

"But I just arrived at the school!" protested the girl.

"If you hadn't been, I would have taken twenty." said the Professor stiffly. "Now get to your seat." and he pointed.

The girl looked as if she was about to say something, then decided against it, biting her lip, and walked to her seat. But Luke could see that it was eating her up inside. She's got a defiant streak. he noted

She tuned to him suddenly with a suspicious glance, and Luke turned away, embarrassed.

Once she was seated, Snape took a breath and said, "Students, as I'm sure you'e noticed, we have an extra student in class today. He is in third year, but through hard work and dedication he has worked his way up to taking this class at a fifth year level. You should learn from his example."

Oh, gee, thanks, Snape. thought Luke sarcastically, feeling the glares from several in the room. Now they hate me more than ever.

Snape quickly gave out instructions for everyone to make a Firedraught, which brought out sighs from everyone, causing Snape to go on a round of point deduction.

"I can't believe he's making us do this on one of the first classes of the year!" muttered Luke. "I mean, shouldn't he at least start everyone off with something easier?"

Edward shrugged wordlessly, causing Luke to get instantly annoyed. He tuned to his textbook, turned to the page he needed, and started to gather ingredients from the side and put them in his cauldron.

Edward, meanwhile didn't do much, just standing and occasionally passing an ingredient. After a few minutes of this, Luke couldn't keep silent. "Aren't you going to do anything?"

Edward replied, "When I feel I should, I will."

Luke sighed. "But if Snape sees me doing the brunt of the work, he'll lower your grade. Doesn't that matter to you?"

Edward shrugged again, and Luke struggled to keep his temper down. He quickly closed his eyes and regained control of himself, his urge to not give in to the Dragon again outweighing his frustration. He just made the potion himself, putting all the ingredients into the cauldron, and then during hot water over it and mixing. For some reason, it wasn't turning orange as it was supposed to.

"You're doing it wrong." said Edward.

Luke muttered, "No, I'm not, I got all the right ingredients and prepared them as per instructions."

Edward rolled his eyes, and snatched the ladle from his hand. "Read the last bit again." he said, putting the ladle down.

Luke turned back to the recipe and read out loud, "Pour over hot water, and stir...with utensil of wood."

Luke picked up a wooden spoon and began stirring and the liquid soon turned the right color. Snape walked by and nodded approvingly at their concoction.

Luke glanced at his Potions partner, but he had already los interest and seemed to b simply reading the textbook. Who is this guy? Luke wondered.

----

Tuesday Morning, 5:30am

Luke took a long sip of hot chocolate from his mug and put it down with a sigh of satisfaction.

"Want another slice of cake, Luke?" asked Dumbledore from the other side of a small table in his office..

"No thank you, Professor." replied Luke, feeling rather stuffed.

"How about you, Remus?" he asked, turning to Professor Lupin who was also sitting at the table.

He politely decline, so Dumbledore shrugged and took the last piece for himself. On finishing it, he said, "Well, if we're all done, let's get down to business."

Lupin nodded. "If I may start, let me reassure you, Luke, that you will not have t face the beggars again. Well, at least not with the rest of the class. I was unaware of the details of your condition before, and I apologize."

"It's alright." said Luke. "I didn't know that was what I was most afraid of. And I should have kept control"

"'No, it's not your fault, Luke." said Dumbledore. "In fact, it is mine. I have trained you to remain calm, but high emotions are a part of life and you cannot avoid them. I have merely put a bandaid on the wound. But the secret to controlling your dragon animagus is more complicated than that. You need to be able to accept the part of you, understand it, and come to terms with it if you are to control it. The more you fight it, the harder it is to bring it under control."

"But how do I do that?" asked Luke, feeling a bit daunted by the task.

"We will be training you every morning at 6am, except for Sundays. We will alternate between me and Dumbledore. We only called you early today because of your Quidditch practice, so you will start with me tomorrow. Is that alright with you?"

"Yes, Professor, thank you." said Luke, grateful, but at the same time groaning inside at having to wake up early every day.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. "Come in." said Dumbedore, and it creaked open, revealing Cedric's sister.

""Um..." she said, standing in the doorway, her eyes fixing suspiciously on Luke before turning to Dumbledore. "You asked me to come early so you could tell me about what I have to catch up on?"

"Ah, yes." said Dumbledore. "I remember, Asha. Luke, you may excuse yourself. But be back tomorrow morning." Luke nodded and left the room.

----

Tuesday Morning, 6:30am

Luke caught the quaffle and flew towards the the goal. He feinted to one side, then the other, and then passed up to Katie Bell who threw it straight through the hoop.

High-fiving her as she flew past him, Luke grinned at Oliver. "That's forty-ten now, Wood. Accept defeat already."

Oliver shrugged. "Seems I have to anyway.. It's hufflepuff's turn on the field, and Luke turned to see the yellow uniformed Hufflepuffs coming into the field."

"An it's too bad too. We're still not ready." continued Oliver.

Luke sighed. "You're a perfectionist, captain. I think we're in good shape."

Oliver glanced at Luke. "We need be at our best to win the cup this year. I don't want to leave school with an empty record."

Luk patted him on the back as they flew to the ground. "Don't worry, we'll win it for you. We want this as much as you do."

"Hey, Luke!" said a voice, and he turned to see Hermione and Clara walking towards him.

"Hey guys." he replied, nodding at Oliver as he strode away before turning to them. "What are you doing here?"

"We came to see you and Harry." said Hermione. "But I think Harry flew directly to the courtyard."

"Great shots, by the way." said Clara softly, and Luke saw her visibly redden a little.

Noticing the dark circles under her eyes, Luke asked, "Are you okay, Clara? You look a little tired."

"I'm okay." she said. "It's just a bit early for me, that's all."

"Want to go on a ride with me then?" asked Luke, lifting his Cleansweep Ten. "It really wakes you up." he promised.

"Um...Okay." she said, looking a little awkward as Luke got on his broom an Clara got on behind him.

"We'll be back soon, Hermione." he said, before taking off.

He shot through the air at high speed. Clara gave a yelp and wrapped her arms around Luke's waist, and he felt himself blush.

He slowed speed a little and pulled higher, above the Quidditch grounds, and pice up speed again as he flew towards the castle. He circled the autonomy tower, sighing with satisfaction as he felt the chilly morning breeze on his face.

Turning to Clara, he smiled, asking, "You okay?"

She nodded and gave a slight smile in return. Suddenly he felt an intrusion into his mind, and he instantly closed himself off, using the occlumency he had been taught as a kid.

"You're a legilimens!" he exclaimed with surprise.

Clara looked taken aback a little. "Yes, how did you know?"

Luke pointed to his head. "I sensed you. But if you didn't know, you must have inherited it."

Clara looked a little confused. "But if you sensed me in your head, how did I not hear you?"

"My parents made me practice occlumency as a kid." he replied. "To keep my dark secrets when I got them." Little does she know I have some already.

"But it's great that you can do that." he said, "It's a useful ability."

"Well, I'm glad it didn't freak you out." she said with a grin.

Luke chuckled. "I've experienced way weirder things living in my family. It'd take a lot more than that to freak me out." he said he flew over Hagrid's hut and above the woods.

He was very conscious of Clara's warm body, so close to his. Glancing back at her, he noticed that she wrinkled her nose when it was cold. It's cute. he thought to himself, and started to feel himself blush again..I....I think I like her...man, I'm glad she can't hear me. She and Hermione are close friends...what would she think if she did hear me?

But he was unable to continue his line of thought as a swarm of dementors rose from the forest in front of them.

"I think we've reached the limits of where we're supposed to stay." said Luke, and he turned back, only to see a similar swarm blocking his path.

Aw, crap
Last edited by LordZeus on Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:46 am
View Likes
JustJasper says...

Rain

I trudged through the school slowly. I didn't know what time it was or what the date was and I didn't really care either. None of it mattered anyway. Nobody would miss me. All I knew was that the halls were empty and I wasn't missing class.

Who cares about class?

I do. I care way too much.

I knew I had left my dorm for a reason but I couldn't remember why. I looked down at my hand to see some smudged writing. It said two pills and the word Cedric.

"Oh" now I remembered. I was out of sleeping pills and I needed to talk to Cedric. Two unrelated events but nonetheless I could not be trusted to remember them this late/early in the morning/night especially with how little sleep I had been getting.

I was almost to the Hufflepuff dorms when I heard a voice.

"Come here Rain"

I sighed "Peeves I am not in the mood for a game" I called back to the poltergeist.

"No it isn't a game at all" he said with horror written across his face and sadness in his voice.

"What do you want?" I asked carefully.

"It's Clara she's hurt"

Those words sent me into action quicker than my drowsy body would allow. I ran to Peeves trying not to stumble.

"Where? When? How?" The questions tumbled from my mouth faster than I anticipated.

"She needs a potion from Snape's stores" he cackled.

"Peeves I am not in the mood for games"

"No no games just follow me" he called floating away.

Reluctantly I ran through the castle trailing the ghost. I hated to have to trust him but I couldn't risk ignoring him. If Clara was in danger I would do anything to help her. I thought about how she held me in her arms that night. She loved me and I couldn't let her down.
Passing a window informed me that it was just after dawn. Students would be filling the halls soon. Groaning I sprinted to Snape's stores, we had no time to lose. I arrived breathing heavily and feeling like I was about to pass out. It had been a while since I had eaten anything. I felt dizzy but that didn't matter Clara needed me.

"It is over there" Peeves instructed pointing to a tall thin bottle nearly behind the shelf.

"Okay Peeves"

Despite every bit of common sense telling me not to I reached my arm out toward the bottle that could save my friend.
Why do we capital-N Nerds love Mars so much?
Because it's beautiful, it's tough, it's buried in our mythic, childhood memories.
It's covered with human triumphs but also with sad stories of failure.

-Greg Bear

59 Reviews

Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:10 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Robert
Monday evening. Just after dinnertime.

Robert was just on his way to the Slytherin dungeons when he heard Gavin's voice from behind. ''Robert! have you seen Rain?'' He turned to look. Clara was there too.

''No. Why?'' said Robert.

''She's in trouble.'' Clara said worriedly. ''What kind of trouble?'' Robert asked.
''We don't know.'' said Gavin. Robert pushed his glasses a little higher up his face, looking confused. Clara and Gavin tried to briefly explain.

''So...Clara read Gavin's mind, and he thinks Rain might be in danger.'' said Robert. They nodded.
''And you have absolutely no idea what is going on, or why?''
They hesitated. Then Gavin said ''I really think something's wrong.''
He looked so convinced that Robert started to worry about Rain too.
''All right, I'll come look with you.'' he said.

''Are you sure you haven't seen her today?'' asked Clara.
''I'm sure. I was looking for her today, though. I've been trying to return her wand.''
Clara squinted suspiciously. ''Why do you have her wand?''
''My owl stole it. She can be a real brat sometimes.''
Clara's eyes turned fiery with determination. ''If she's in danger, and without a wand, then we need to hurry.'' Robert nodded. ''Let's start with the Ravenclaw Tower. Another Ravenclaw might know where she is.''

On the way there, they saw Medora. She stopped them before they could pass.
''I just saw Rain follow Peeves somewhere! I think they were on their way to the dungeon floor.''

Robert and the others hurried down to the dungeon floor. He didn't turn to see if Medora had joined them or not. He just kept watch for a sign of Peeves. A line of paintings tilted to one side led them to the Potions classroom, just in time for them to catch a glimpse of a ghostly red trail leading into Snape's private potions stores at the back. The unlocked door was wide open.

Inside Robert could see Rain standing on a flimsy looking stool, reaching out for a potion at the back of the highest shelf, and Peeves poised ready to knock the whole cabinet down on top of her.
Last edited by SirenCymbaline on Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

267 Reviews

Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:36 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

Clara Black

Monday Evening

We were running through the halls, looking desperately for Rain. And we finally got to her. She was trapped in Peeves jokes, and I couldn't breathe. Godric was at the ready and Robert stood next to him, as if ready to fight as well.

The Slytherin dungeons were never pretty, and Snape's little room was too cramped with potions on top of potions. Rain's figure looked weak as she reached out for a potion. What was she doing here?What lead her here?

I missed everything Godric said and decided to speak up as well.

"Rain! It's me Clara! I'm okay!" I felt like that was the right thing to say.

Tuesday Morning

Black, everywhere. Almost as black as the assumptions people had about me, that I was a Black. For all I knew is that I was, somewhere along the lines, involved with the Dark Lord.

Clinging onto Luke wasn't enough for me. The Dementors swarmed around us, encasing us in frigid air and terrible thoughts. I tried to grasp to something happy, but once I found that memory, it disappeared.

"Luke," I whispered, unable to speak any louder, as my body was getting weak.

Luke tried to move his broom, but somehow, the approaching Dementors made it hard for him to concentrate on the ride. My legs felt numb as the cold air gripped onto my body, and I could barely hold onto Luke anymore, my hands getting lose over my grip around his waist.

"Hold on Clara, please." He urged.

I moved my arms back around him, tightening my grip as best I could. The black cloaks were so close, that they started to suck everything out of me. It stared me directly in the face, it's mouth wide enough to eat me whole. All my memories washed away as it's breath flew down my face.

"Clara!" I heard a distant voice yell.

And that's when I felt nothing beneath me, as if I was free falling. Everything was dark in my mind.

"CLARA!!" Another yell.

Memories started flooding my mind of my childhood. I could see my father laughing as he flipped the pancakes for Sunday Breaky. My mother, as she cried to a holiday movie. Rain as she laughed with me in class. Luke... Luke as he smiled at me.

And I was out.

Godric Lovegood

Monday Evening

All the students were solemn as I walked through the corridors to my next class. I couldn't find any of my friends, it was going to be a quiet day. I had been making my way to Potions class when I noticed something odd. The paintings were facing one way, as if Peeves decided to play a funny joke. But something made my throat close up, there was something wrong. Something terribly wrong.

I turned to the left, going down the corridor. Behind me I heard running and I turned on my heel, seeing Robert, Gavin, Clara, and Medora.

"What's happening?" I asked.

"Rain," Robert huffed. "Peeves has gotten to her."

I swallowed hard and started running towards the Private Potions Storage Snap had. We came to a halt at the door as we heard Peeves laughing to himself.

There was Rain, on her tip toes on a lose stool, reaching out to the top shelf for a potion. She looked hypnotized with her wide eyes and weak from the lack of posture. Peeves had his hand at the top of the shelf, ready to drop it on her. My heart raced as I stepped up, pulling out my wand and pointing it at Peeves.

"You think you're funny, you poltergeist?" I hissed.

His laughing dies as he faced me, Rain still tried reaching the potion.

"It's just a joke, Lovegood, calm down." He smirked.

"Do not even think about dropping that onto her, it won't be a joke if she'll be dead."

"Rain! It's me Clara! I'm okay!" Clara yelled from next to me.

I looked over at her, he eyes were eyes as she got frantic to stop Rain from almost killed herself unknowingly.

Spoiler! :
In all honesty I don't know what to write, but I've got this. Clara has fallen off Luke's broom, so she's falling through mid air.

99 Reviews

Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:28 pm
View Likes
Remington38 says...

Medora

Rain was in danger and I was panicking. I ignore everyone else around me not caring about the drama that going on and head with the group to find her. Rains safety is more important that anything going on with me. Godric starts to yet at the peeves and they just smirk at him uneffected by his threats. Rain can't seem to hear us and the Peeves proceed to bump the shelves and it starts to tip over. Godric whips out his wand and so do I. We both spout out a levitation spell and the shelf and all of its contents float up and away from Rain. Clara leaps towards her and holds Rain in her arms and start sobbing. Godric moves the cabinet back into its place and I put the contents in shelf by shelf and in alphabetical order so they are neat. I was on the last shelf when Godric bumped my should we and I lost my concentration. All of the bottles fall to the floor and he doesn't look back at me and so stay concentrated in repairing the bottles and putting the Gillyweed back into its bottle. It's cold slimy feeling makes me gag a little and I make my way back to Rain, but no one looks over at me and I see that I am no longer wanted. I start to walk away and when I am a corridor away I hear footsteps following me and then a tap on my shoulder.

Cesar Cruiz

59 Reviews

Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:37 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Robert
Potions Classroom, late evening

Godric and Medora whipped out their wands and levitated the cabinet together.
Rain looked up, dazed and confused, as the bottles hovered over her head.
Then Clara ran over to hug her. ''Rain, it's okay. Are you hurt?'' she cried.
Rain smiled weakly and shook her head. She was just glad that Clara was alright.

Robert watched Godric set the cabinet back in place, and Medora tidy up the shelf.
He thought about how strange it was to see them working together like this.
Then Godric accidentally brushed Medora's shoulder, and they dropped the cabinet in surprise. Clara quickly yelled ''Protego!'', casting a shield charm around her and Rain.

Bottles of colourful liquid smashed over the invisible bubble, splashing all around her. Some of the floor was burned as if by acid.
Some part of the wall started growing thorny vines. There was a green explosion that disappeared in a puff of smoke after only a second. Potion after potion fizzled and bubbled and exploded in reaction to one another. But Rain and Clara stood unharmed in the middle of the room, with broken glass scattered outside their circle.

Godric and Medora hadn't been close enough to them to get in the shield, but they reflexively jumped out of the way of the cabinet in time to avoid getting splashed.
Robert had taken shelter under a table, and looking around, he saw that Gavin was chasing Peeves down the hall. So it seemed everyone was fine.

Medora tried to join the others in picking up the glass, but nobody talked to her, so she left. Robert felt a small pang of guilt at this, but he did not pursue it.
He lost his train of thought when half a minute later, Godric fell over.

Robert rushed down to kneel by his side, and found that his skin had a slight silver sheen to it. He looked back to where he was when the cabinet fell, and saw splashes of silver liquid there.

Robert had to think quickly. He blocked out the worried voices and focused on Godric's symptoms. His skin had a silver sheen. His eyes were a strange milky colour. His breathing was short and fast. He realised what it was. He remembered reading a passage about it in the Poisons section of his medical books.
''It's Angel's Trumpet Draught. He's poisoned.''

Clara gasped. ''Don't do anything, I'll get Madam Pom-''
''There's no time. Trust me.'' Robert asserted darkly.

''What do we do?'' said Rain. Robert looked back at her, gravely serious.
''We need to make a potion, and fast. Rain, Clara, I need you to find aconite, a lily, and some Wiggenweld potion. There's no time to make it, so we need to find that too.
While you find those, I'll get Medora. She was standing next to Godric, so she must have been splashed too.''

Clara and Rain looked worried, but determined. ''Rain, before you go-''
Robert took a small blue bottle from a different cabinet. ''This should wake you up.''
Rain drank it, and started to perk up. Suddenly she looked fierce.
She and Clara scoured the shelves of ingredients and potions as quickly as they could. Robert ran out to get Medora.

She was walking in the hallway, slowly. It seemed the Angel's Trumpet Draught was working slower on her, as if less of it had hit her. She fell over when Robert got near.
He took her arm and draped it around his shoulders.
''Come on Medora, we've got to get back to the Potions room. You got splashed with a poison, but you'll be fine. Just stay with me. Stay with me.''
He kept his voice calm and encouraging, but underneath his worried mind was working in overdrive. Medora's steps were becoming slower and heavier as they got nearer to the door. Then she fell. He carried her, and laid her down next to Godric. He was looking worse.

Robert looked back to Clara and Rain. They had gathered all the ingredients.
''Good. I'll make the potion. You two- just watch them. Make sure they keep breathing.''

It took all Robert's concentration to do it right. He was very anxious about Godric and Medora. A voice reminded him of what he hadn't told the others, that that poison was dangerous and he knew that if he didn't get this right, they could die.
He shut off that voice and focused on the potion.

When it was done, Godric was even more silver than before, and Medora was starting to take on the same colour.
Rain helped Godric sit up while Robert and Clara gave him the potion. He coughed.
His sleepy eyes were tearing up a bit at the corners.
''That tastes awful.'' he whispered hoarsely. ''That means it's working.'' said Robert.
His heart was racing. He would really be all right.
He moved on to Medora, who was slightly more awake.
She coughed too. ''Wow. That stings.'' Robert smiled. He was glad to see she was okay. Even if he was a little mad at her before, it was hard to see how sad she was.
He decided then that he would talk to her later, give her a chance.
Robert hugged the two of them.
They were kind of dazed, but they hugged him back. He drew back, and wiped some tears from under his glasses. He hoped nobody had noticed that.

''Sorry you all had to come save me.'' said Rain. ''I didn't want to cause you so much trouble, especially Godric and Medora.''

''I never could have saved them without you and Clara. Don't forget that.'' Robert told her. He couldn't tell for sure, but he thought this helped her feel better about it.

Then Gavin ran in. ''I just taught Peeves a lesson, you wouldn't believe wha-''
He paused. He must have noticed that Godric and Medora were silver.
''What happened in here?''

Clara yawned. ''Too much happened tonight. I can't wait to go to bed.''
Once they had brought him up to speed, Gavin asked a question.
''Why didn't the poison work until several minutes after the cabinet fell?''

''Angel's Trumpet Draught is a slow acting poison. The symptoms always show up late so it's harder to treat in time.'' said Robert.

''It's remarkable that you remembered the exact thing to do.'' said Rain.
Robert turned his back on Godric and Medora.
''Between you and me, I actually forgot what the first ingredient was. I just made an educated guess. We're actually really lucky things turned out okay.'' he said quietly.
''A guess?'' said Godric. He had heard.
Robert looked alarmed, and a little embarrassed. ''Yes, but, I saved your life.
And your silver colour will wear off soon. So there.''

Then Gavin started to tell the exciting story of what happened after he chased Peeves out of the room. While he was telling it, Robert remembered something.

He took Rain's wand from his pocket, and presented it to her.

“I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.”
— L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables