z

Young Writers Society

Hogwarts Students and The Years We Lived with Harry Potter

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:44 am
View Likes
Nike says...

Hello, I am Professor Dumbledore, your Headmaster and welcome to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

This storybook is based in the time period of the Harry Potter books from the POV (Point Of View) of other Hogwarts students, you! You cannot bend main events in the original story, but you can play around with other things. Let's see how Hogwarts students lived their lives not being the main Trio, but living among them.

Why don't you introduce yourself? What House are you in? What year? Who are you? Let's start this journey. You can be in any year you want to be, we will start this Storybook from the third year, The Prisoner of Azkaban, (reason why so we can have a little older characters - if you want younger First Years that is totally fine).

Spoiler! :

APPERANCE
PERSONALITY
HISTORY
HOUSE
YEAR
PREFERED SUBJECT
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

267 Reviews

Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:38 am
View Likes
Nike says...

Clara Arabella Black

Here we were again, on the train. It huffed as I walked away from the wall I just ran through. My mother and father were tagged behind me, talking to each other as I once again stared at The Hogwarts Express in awe. It never seemed to amaze me when I crossed over the platform to a new world within our own world.

The platform was filled with countless of witches and wizards, all smiling or crying, ready to leave. I recognized a few students here and there. I could hear the murmuring of the students around me as they walked with their parents to the doors of the trains. A swerve of sparks went down my body, as if I could detect something was happening. And that's when it did.

There was Draco Malfoy, with his beautiful snow white hair and intense grey eyes. I swallowed hard, looking away. He was with Crabbe and Goyle, the only two people that would die for him as slaves.

"Clara honey, slow down." my mother laughed from behind me.

I stopped in my place and turned around with a smile on my own face. She looked like me, just a bit wiser. My father had sweet eyes, brown and inviting.

"You must be excited --year three!" My father smiled. "Sometimes I wish I had magic at times like these." he whispered the last part, wizards shouldn't know that a Muggle was here, walking among them. It was always very dangerous.

"Dad," I shook my head as my heart raced. "I couldn't be happier. I'm learning so much."

"Remember to be safe honey and we love you."

I was on the train with all the other students. It rolled by on the tracks, approaching Hogwarts. I could already taste the dinner we'd have at the Gryffindor table. I didn't have anyone in my cart at the moment, but I didn't seem to mind either, I enjoyed my privacy. Good thing I had a few books with me.

I pulled one out and got comfortable on the seat, opening up Hogwarts: A History. I had to re read this, my memory was flawed when it came to academics. The sound of people talking around me seemed to calm down my anxiety of going into the new year.

Just as I was getting to the next chapter, my cart doors opened.

Spoiler! :
This can be anyone, let's get our characters to interact.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:45 am
View Likes
JustJasper says...

The start of this school year was different from every other year. Usually I felt happy, excited even to go to Hogwarts. Now I only felt the butterflies of anxiety and the paralysis of fear. My parents walked beside me and my little sister followed close behind gaping at the train station. I pushed my trolley along, gripping the edges much too hard.
"You remembered to write Dumbledore?" I asked my mom for the hundredth time.
"Yes sweetie" she responded patiently.
I couldn't believe that after all that had happened to me this summer Dumbledore would allow me back to school. After all having a werewolf around wasn't the best idea.
What if something went wrong?
I kept thinking through every scenario where I hurt someone or everyone rejected me. That didn't help my nerves.
I tried to distract myself by recalling the names of all of the ministers of magic but that didn't work as well as I hoped.
Finally we got to platform 9 3/4. I looked around desperately for Cedric Diggory. He could calm me down and understand me. Unfortunately he was nowhere to be found.
After tearful goodbyes to my parents and sister I reluctantly boarded the train. My usual compartment was full of people and I mostly just wanted to be alone right now anyway. My stomach wouldn't leave me alone as anxiety slowly took over my body. I quickly ducked into the nearest compartment before I had an anxiety attack. The girl sitting there looked up from her book and smiled.
"Hello" she said cheerfully,
I quickly sat down and returned her greeting.
"What's your name?" She asked,
"Rain Quint" I responded quickly eager for some peace so I could calm down.
The girl must have noticed my pained expression because she asked if I was alright.
After months of lying to everyone and saying yes I couldn't take it anymore.
"No" I whispered quietly hoping she wouldn't pursue the topic.
I wasn't ready for anyone to know about my condition. It was funny because at the same time I needed to tell someone. Maybe if this girl became my friend she could help me.
I shook my head at the thought. Why would anyone want to be friends with me?
Why do we capital-N Nerds love Mars so much?
Because it's beautiful, it's tough, it's buried in our mythic, childhood memories.
It's covered with human triumphs but also with sad stories of failure.

-Greg Bear

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:13 am
View Likes
Remington38 says...

Medora Elingston
My parents are off at work, no surprise there, so I got to go to the platform by myself. Arriving at the train station was always my favorite part, seeing everyone transition from their homes to Hogwarts. I see a few girls my age pass me by and onto the train, one espeshally caught my eye for the amount of paranoia on her face. I was distracted until I caught a sight of Draco and his two trolls Crabbe and Goyle. It was so nice to spend time with Draco this summer without them around. Draco and I started seeing each other at the tail end of the summer. We are both in the same house and his father works with my own.

I hurry my pace and hop aboard the train. A wide range of ages are running around the inside and I move towards the back where most of the older students are. I find the compartment where Draco and the trolls are sitting and open it slightly.
"Hi." I say softly but Draco doesn't hear. He seems to be lost in thought, so I walk in and sit next to him. He looks up and smiles a little.
"Sorry, just thinking about some stuff." I pull my knees up to my chest and lead my head on his shoulder.
"What kind of stuff?"
"Nothing." He says quickly and pecks a quick kiss on my cheek.
" Oh nothing except the though of seeing you and your gorgeous dark hair and green eyes! I missed kissing your face and hearing your beautiful voice!" Crabbe cries out grabbing onto Goyle romantically.
"Wow; those were some pretty big words. Were you practicing those over the summer just for me?" I say batting my eyelashes and Crabbe sneers at me. I return with my prize worthy glare.

The train lurched forward and we sit silently. Crabbe and Goyle leap out of the compartment when the lady from the snack trolley leaving me and Draco alone. A couple of annoying first years decided to sit in the compartment across from ours and one was obviously a muggle born.
"The photos move! That's so cool!" She shouts in excitement gripping tightly her friends photo.
"Filthy mud-bloods." I hear Draco mutter under his breath and I look at him with concern, but instead notice a lock of hair out of place. I resist the urge to reach up and put it back. He must've notice my struggle and smiles.
"Is something bothering you?" He asks sarcastically. He likes to make fun of my OCD. I lean foreword and move the hair back into its place and he smiles. The smile doesn't seem real though. I instantly thought of an idea and jump up.
"We're going to go do something fun." I grab his hand and pull him out with my wand at the ready towards the compartment with the first years.
Proud Reader of Banned Books

Answer to life, the universe, and everything: 42

Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.
Cesar Cruiz

Pluviophile- a lover of rain; someone who finds joy/peace of mind on rainy days.

Reviews: 2
Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:51 pm
View Likes
ty7lucky says...

Titus Rutherford

I sat on a cushioned seat in a small compartment. I heard the door slide open as a few more first years came in. A girl with curly red hair sits beside me. She sticks out her hand. "I'm Rebecca Walker. What's your name?"

I look at her and shake her hand, "Titus Rutherford."

"Nice to meet you." She smiles enthusiastically as though she's been jinxed. "I'm muggleborn so this whole thing is fairly new to me.'

"Well I'm from America so the UK is fairly new for me."

"I could tell by your accent."

We sit in silence, finally I pull out a picture and stare at it. The picture of my American little league's Quidditch team the Thunderbirds. In the picture I sat on my broom hovering and waving as was the rest of the members. I longed to be back in Utah.

I looked up behind them was a boy with platinum blonde hair entering the other compartment, it looked as though he was in the third year. A snake on a green and silver badge revealed his house was Slytherin. He took a seat in the back of the compartment across from me. Something about him made me feel like if I made a sudden movement he would hex me, this I thought is why in America we couldn't take wands home over the summer. Two large boys that strongly resembled gorillas(or was it baboons hard to tell) walked into the compartment after him.

A girl(also Slytherin) walks in she says something quietly that I can't make out, she then sits by him and rests her head on his shoulder. The two baboons were doing some reenactment that looked like shakespeare. The blonde boy glances over at me then back to his girlfriend. I decide that I shouldn't be caught staring again.

I go to put away the picture when Rebecca grabs it from my hand, "The photos move! That's so cool!" She shouted with enthusiasm as she gripped the photo.

"Yeah, I could show you how it's done sometime." I offered, to me it wasn't that amazing I had seen enchanted pictures my whole life.

"Sure" She points to me in the picture, "That's your right?"

"Yep, me and my quidditch team." I smile at her excitement.
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
-Douglas Adams

99 Reviews

Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:59 am
View Likes
Remington38 says...

Medora
I wanted to do everything in my power to make him feel better. What better than to mess with a muggle born first year to lift his spirits. When we walk in I waste no time and immediately shout out my spell.
"Engorgio!" I say the words crisply and with a slight sneer. The nose of the red haired girl begins to grow and swell. The other girl in the compartment stands up and starts shouting at me.
"Stop it! Stop it!" I am about to say something but Draco comes out from behind me and holds his wand at her.
"This ones got a big mouth hasn't she? But I don't think it's big as it can be yet! Engorgio!" He grins wildly enjoying every moment of this. The other girls lips start to swell and turn red. With Draco grinning I couldn't help myself but to let a small giggle. Kids from other parts of the train start to come foreword and stop it, but I shut the door with one flick of my wrist and watch. After a few moments I start to feel bad, I stop the muggle borns nose from swelling and it starts to go back down and then I do the same for the other witch. I am about to walk out when Draco starts to tell them something.
" Now remember mud-blood who you don't mess with and if you say anything I may practice a special little confundous charm to make sure you will forget and I can teach it to you all over again." He spits these words out like fire and I nervously play with my snake septum piercing (a nervous habit of mine) not knowing what to do. Draco grabs my arm and pulls me back into our seats where Crabbe and Goyle are stuffing themselves with chocolate frogs and Goyle finished eating a pepper imp and is now blowing fire on Goyle, they laugh like a bunch of little girls and try to pat out the little flame smoldering in Goyle's hair. I look over at Draco and he is grinning, it doesn't quite reach his eyes, but it's a start.

Spoiler! :
Let me know if you guys want me to change anything :) Also here is a picture of what Medora looks like. I forgot to mention her snake septum piercing.
Attachments
IMG_0587.JPG
IMG_0587.JPG (21.08 KiB) Viewed 1962 times

Cesar Cruiz

Pluviophile- a lover of rain; someone who finds joy/peace of mind on rainy days.

267 Reviews

Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:54 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

Clara Arabella Black

The girl that walked into my cart looked lost. Not in the oh where am I where should I go lost its the oh who am I lost. I can see it on anyone, cause I tend to have that too. She sat down across from me, her eyes not meeting mine.

I placed my book down just next to me and faced her. The train was rolling down the tracks, making that horse jumping sound I always enjoyed.

"I'm Clara," I started. "I'll be your friend,"

Our eyes met and I felt a chill go down my spine. Not a bad chill, a chill that said we were linked in some odd way. But before she could say anything, cries come from down the train.

We both stood up and walked outside our cart, noticing a heard of people down the hall. There was a scream of spells and kids freaking out, crying. I walked down passed my new found friend, and through the crowd. They didn't make me a Gryffindor for nothing.

As I found my way through, I saw what everyone saw, Draco and his new girl toy fooling around with a student. A first year at that.

My heart sank and I felt my throat close up. I withdrew my wand from my pocket and pointed it at Malfoy.

"Ey, prick." I yelled over cries.

Everyone shut up all at once, as if my voice had power. I kept a steady aim at Draco as he turned around with the black haired girl of his, facing me. My legs felt wobbly but I couldn't drop.

"You are?" Draco smirked. "I don't seem to recall you of any importance."

I took a deep breath, "I don't seem to recall you as some sort of nice person at all, but this is just a new low Malfoy." I hissed.

He shifted from one foot to the other and aimed his wand at me, his smirk somehow now more smirkier. I felt a presence behind me and by the wide eyes from Draco, I could guess who it was. Also, he seemed all the more confident to fight me.

"Mr. Potter, how wonderful for you to join us." Draco sneered.

I turned my head and saw him in the flesh. I have met him before, cause my family is great friends with Hermione's, but I haven't spoken to him at school. Hermione and I are close friends and I respect her friends. Even if they are celebrities and everyone would die to know them.

"Clara, you don't know what you've gotten yourself into," Harry told me. "Let me lend a hand."

I swallowed hard and nodded. He came up next to me and aimed his wand at Draco.

"Oh, too little mudblood lovers out to play, brilliant." Draco's girl toy had said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reviews: 2
Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:48 pm
View Likes
ty7lucky says...

Titus Rutherford

I felt ashamed for not having done anything while the boyfriend and girlfriend made Rebecca's nose swell to the size of a melon. One of the girls that was sitting across from us wasn't as scared because she had yelled at the two to stop.

What they did to her reminded me why I didn't want to intervene, her lips grew almost as large as Rebecca's nose. Everything happened so fast after that, soon a large crowd of students were around our compartment. And in the crowd was the famous Harry Potter. He wasn't as famous in America as the UK but still you could hardly go two weeks without hearing his name.

It looked as though a fight was about to break out, and all I could do was gape at how astounding my first ride to Hogwarts was. I wanted to help Harry potter, I could imagine how I'd be a celebrity after and have a ton of friends. I didn't know hardly any spells and I could do them.

They were getting ready to fight, each took a preferred stance. I realized that the blonde boy must be Harry Potter's enemy, Draco Malfoy. I watched as Draco sent a spell whizzing at Harry. As it made contact Harry was sent sprawling on the floor. He got up and shouted, "Petrificus Totalus!"

Draco was hit in the chest he stiffened like a board and fell to the ground. Draco's girlfriend rushed to his side as the trolley witch walked over to break up the fight. She sent everyone back to their compartments and reversed the spell on Draco, she waved her finger at him, to scold him. He went back to the compartment sending death glares over our way.

"Are you okay?" I asked Rebecca. She looked dazed, I helped her sit down because I doubted she was going to be able to without falling.

"I think so," She gave a half smile, "My Mum told me I better not get in a fight."

I don't know why but I just started laughing and soon she was laughing too. I couldn't help feeling like the whole thing was just so funny now. The other first years kept giving the two of us odd looks like they thought we were insane.

For a while me and Rebecca just talked and got to know each other. I found out she actually had an Uncle that was a wizard. I bought the two of us tons of candy off the trolley. It seemed like the rest of the ride would be really fun, until the train stopped. The lights went off in the train and a chill came in. I watched the aisle waiting for someone to come and tell us everything was alright but that didn't happen.

A boy from the other side of the compartment whispered, "I think I saw something moving out there."

I saw it, a dementor."It's a dementor, they must be searching for Sirius Black on the train." This thought terrified me, what if Sirius Black was in the compartment next to us, or what if he had disguised himself as a student. A chill crept down my back, but it wasn't from the dementors.
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
-Douglas Adams

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:58 am
View Likes
JustJasper says...

Rain Quint

"I will be your friend." Those words felt like a punch in the gut and a weight off my heart.
The other girl Clara wanted to be friends with me. I was not expecting this. In all of my over analyzing I had done over the summer, in all of my carefully drawn out scenarios, I never thought anyone would say that to me.
I sat there in stunned silence for a moment. Then Clara rushed out of our compartment to investigate a scuffle in the hall. I quickly followed and stepped out to see Clara screaming at Draco Malfoy who had been terrorizing a first year. Rage burned within me. I felt feathers begging to sprout from my robes. I knew I needed to stop it was too close to the full moon for becoming an animagus. My anger overpowered my logic and I didn't stop until my arms were covered in feathers and I was gasping for breath. Thankfully everyone was distracted by a duel and I was able to stumble back into my compartment. I managed to become completely human again and wait for Clara to return. For once I wished my senses would sharpen, as always happened around the full moon, but I knew it would be at least a day before that would happen.
Clara stalked back into the compartment.
"I can't believe Malfoy!" She exclaimed in disgust.
I nodded in agreement and tried to look normal while she fumed in the seat across from me.
She continued ranting for a moment and I partially listened but suddenly the train lurched to a stop.
Clara looked at me questioningly and looked out the window.
"Maybe there's something on the tracks" I suggested.
Clara shrugged and stared at the frost growing on the window.
I had a sinking feeling in my stomach. Suddenly the lights went out and my suspicions were confirmed. Dementors were here.
I brought my knees to my chest and turned so my back was to the window and I was facing the door. The air was ice cold and I felt horrible. Clara called my name as I screwed up my face in agony. I opened my eyes in time to see a bony hand open the door.
I fell limp in my seat and closed my eyes.
Now I was standing in a forest. My little sister skipped ahead of me in her new sundress she was so proud of. Her golden hair bounced as she went. I was carrying a huge stack of fire wood so that I could teach Jamie how to make a muggle fire. The sun was beginning to set casting a golden glow over the forest. I felt my soul warm with the happiness I felt while in nature.
Then I heard Jamie scream.
The ear splitting sound stopped me in my tracks. My heart skipped a beat and I dropped the firewood. Jamie ran back to me as I drew my wand. Everything seemed to stop as I realized she was being chased by a werewolf. Everything was a blur as I cast spells at him. Nothing I did seemed to work. I felt the world slipping through my fingers as I screamed at Jamie to run. I shot red sparks into the air and shoved Jamie deeper into the woods. Then I did the only thing I could think to do. I charged right toward the wolf. My world seemed to slow down nearly to a stop, I could have sworn Fenir Greyback smiled as I crashed into him. I was on the ground kicking and screaming while he bit and scratched at my arms. Warm blood dripped onto my face. I whimpered in fear. My stomach churned and I couldn't breath, my limbs no longer obeyed me. Even after he had gone I just lay there staring at my mangled arms. I couldn't feel the pain just the fear. The paralyzing fear as my brain processed the fact that now I was dangerous a weapon. Somewhere Greyback got the satisfaction of knowing that the very person I had given myself to protect was now the one in the most danger. I was a protector turned monster.
Shivers ran down my spine as I awoke in the compartment. A strange teacher I had never seen before was kneeling over me and Clara was next to him. Both looked very concerned and even shocked that I had passed out. I wish in that moment I had been strong and kept it together. However I could only be strong for so long before breaking. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I gasped for breath. I sat up and sobbed as quietly as possible while the teacher rubbed my back and Clara grabbed my hand. When I had finished the teacher gave me some chocolate and said his name was Remus Lupin.
"I'm Rain Quint" I chocked out,
"Miss Quint I know that whatever you just saw was very hard for you and I know that you may not want to talk about it. If you do please talk to me Dumbledore has told me about your condition and I understand it. You are not a monster!" He whispered to me.
I shook my head and whimpered like I had when Greyback had me. "I can't do this!" I sobbed
"Not alone" Lupin replied softly. "Eat you will feel better" he said before rising to speak to the conductor.
I wiped my eyes and spent a few minutes regaining my composure. Then I took his advice and swallowed the creamy chocolate. Lupin was right.
Clara still stared at me with concern written across her face. I needed her to understand what I was about to say to her but I knew that was a lot to ask of a stranger. Reluctantly I decided to ask her the all important question.
"What do you think of werewolves?"
Why do we capital-N Nerds love Mars so much?
Because it's beautiful, it's tough, it's buried in our mythic, childhood memories.
It's covered with human triumphs but also with sad stories of failure.

-Greg Bear

99 Reviews

Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:36 pm
View Likes
Remington38 says...

Medora
It was so cold, but not just the temperature, it was an empty kind of cold. That feeling wasn't new to me, but this time it wasn't me feeling it out of free will. These Dementors started sweeping the train going through each cart. I remember my father saying once that they are attracted to pain and suffering. I told myself that they wouldn't do anything to me. That I was a perfectly happy girl, with a boyfriend, and a happy life, but every time I thought this they seemed attracted to my denial. My hand was holding onto Draco's as the windows grew frost and it put a haze over the glass. A black hooded figure approached our cart ignoring the others around while another finds a poor suffering student. I pull out my wand to lock the compartment door, but it's long thin fingers are already opening it. As it enters it goes straight for me, its hood only covers its face from a distance and up close its skin is grey and chapped. Cracks of blood around its lips and it opens its mouth. I'm so close I feel it's cold breath and the blackness in its mouth is like a black hole taking me into it. That blackness takes over my vision until it lightens again to back in the cart.
There is still an cold haze over everything and I look over to see Draco looking at me in disgust.
"Did you honestly think I cared about you? I was only keeping you around for your pretty face and good kisses." He sneers at me and I back out running into the two girls from earlier who I charmed. The horror in their eyes when they saw me and they look terrified. I reached out to apologize and they flinch and back away. My eyes start welling up and I run into an abandoned cart. There were pieces half eaten every flavor jelly beans smashes into the floor that look like they were from my first year. Suddenly around me began to change and I was at the muggle playground with Draco and I was sitting in his lap on the swings. We were slowly rocking and making fun of the annoying little kids around. Then suddenly I was on another persons lap and there was no one around. It was getting dark and I was fighting him. His big grubby hands were around my waist holding me down and I fight him. Tears streaming down my face and he tries to kiss my neck. I thrash my whole body, but like he knew I was weak and pretty.
That seemed to last forever but my eyes snapped awake and I was leaning on Draco my hand still holding his. I let go so my fingers would hair their color back and there were red marks on his hand were my fingernails dug into his flesh. My lip trembles and I look mortified at him. He looks at me sadly and leans toward me.
"Hey, hey. It's okay. The dementors are gone. When you passed out you were crying and screaming. What happened?" His voice was a whisper.
"Nothing." I say and I know he knows it's a lie. He tries to continue to say something and sets him hand softly on my waist and I flinch remembering the mans hands and how harshly he was gripping me. I remember the bruises that were left all over me when he was done. I jump up and shout loudly
"It was nothing!" I throw open the door and run to the back of the train not caring if any one sees me crying. There is the same abandoned compartment in my nightmare and when I walk in the same stale candy on the ground. I kick them aside as sit on the floor with my knees to my chest.
Why did it have to be that memory? I shut my eyes tightly trying to get the images of that horrible day out of my head. It was from this summer, but I had managed to bury it deep. Why did it have to come back? I wrap my arms around myself knowing the only touch I could trust was my own.

Cesar Cruiz

267 Reviews

Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:13 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

Clara Arabella Black

It was cold. Everything seemed so dull, so lost, so depressing. The train had cut off its lights and all the students lost their smiles. I looked out the window and caught sight of blacks cloaks swerving through the air.

Next thing I knew, they were with us on the train.

Rain had fainted as one sucked her soul out. I was practically crying as I watched a part of her disappear. But just as the cloak was flying above her, a ragedy professor ran in, shooting it with a light blue spark. I swirled around it and made it fly away through the cabin and out the door.

My heart was racing, unable to contain what had just happened. I looked at the professor and he stared at me, his jaw dropped.

"Clara Black, am I right?" He asked, his voice cracked and tired.

I swallowed down my anxiety. "Yes,"

"I'm Remis Lupin, surly you must know who I am." He smiled.

I didn't want to disappoint, but I did not know him. It must have shown on my face cause his smile faded.

"You don't know, do you?"

"Sorry. I do not." I said and then looked over at Rain. He body was still on the seat and her skin was extremely pale. I went to sit down next to her, waking her up.

"Werewolves?" I felt my jaw drop as I stared back at Rain. "I've heard of them, they are mystical to muggles, but to us, they are a reality. It's hard to hide that fact from my muggle friends and family, it really is. Why is this a question?"

She rubbed her forehead as she chewed on the last bit of chocolate she had in her mouth. From the bags under her eyes, I could assume she would fall asleep within minutes if she could. I shifted in my seat as I felt the train speed down the tracks.

"Just wondering. I was always interested in them, and I wanted to know how you felt as well." She explained.

"A werewolf fetish?" I smirked.

She looked up at me, cracking half of a smile, The tension soothed between us. Kids were talking around us, as if forgetting what had just happened a half hour ago. Maybe it's better that they forgot how cold your soul felt as it was sucked out of your thin coated body.

"We will be there soon, then we can go to Madam Pomfrey to get you checked up, you cool with that Rain?" I asked.

"Yeah," She sighed, shutting her eyes.

I swallowed hard and looked out the window. The weather seemed to brighten up as we rode passed the hills. The sun was up high, smiling down at us. I found my History of Magic book again and let Rain get some sleep. This experience must have exhausted her, and I wanted her to relax. Or at least, try to relax.

The door to our cart opened with a whoosh, so I turned my head, my heart skipping a beat. A tall glass of water stood before me. From the worry he had on his face, he must have been Rain's friend. I couldn't get enough of his perfect brown hair and cool grey eyes.

I placed my book down next to me and smiled up at him as he turned to look at me, finally realizing Rain was not alone.

"I heard from Professor Lupin that she was hurt, is she okay?" He asked, his voice making him even more wanted.

"Yeah, she's alright..." I gained my confidence back, this was a more serious matter. I couldn't let him distract me. "I'm taking her to Mrs Pomfrey when we get to school."

He nodded, looking from me to her, "Yes, good idea. I'll go with you."

My heart nearly stopped. "If you'd like to, yeah, I'm sure she'd like that."

Our eyes met and I smiled reassuringly. There was pure worry in his eyes and I couldn't help but assume he was her boyfriend. But if he was, why wouldn't they be sitting together on the train? No bother, he probably wanted to be with his friends and she was okay with it.

"I'm Cedric Diggory," He said. "You are?"

"Clara Black," I said.

His eyes got wide which made chills go down my spine. Why was he in shock? Did he know who I was already? Has he heard things about me?

"Sorry to ask, but..." He ran his hand through his hair. "Do you happen to have any relation to Sirius Black?"

I rose an eyebrow. "Who?"

When I leave for the summer I do have connection to the Wizarding World. But the thing is, I may not have all the connection I anticipated. Ever since my mother introduced me to The Grangers, I've divulged in the Wizard World with Hermione, exploring what we were. And now since I was going to Hogwarts, it was more spoken about. This wasn't because my parents didn't want me to know about magic, it's because not only were we in hiding, but as well my mother wanted me to see that muggles were just at capable of doing anything and magic was not always a necessity.

But this did not clear up as to why I had no idea what Cedric was talking about.

"Did you read The Daily Prophet?" he asked, holding onto the door frame.

"Uhh, not this summer, no. I was too busy travelling. Why?"

This was true. My parents took me on a grand adventure to the Americas. Well, more like, just to the United States. I got to visit the American Wizards at Ilvermorny.

"It was even on the Muggle news, Sirius Black the murderer that escaped Azkaban." His words sent goosebumps down my arms.

"No one could escape Azkaban." I whispered.

"And yet... he did." He paused, taking a look at Rain. "So, you have no idea who he is?"

"No," My heart was racing. "I don't believe we are related. Black is a very common last name."

"Very true... from your fathers' side?"

I shook my head. "Surprisingly my father took my mothers' name."

"Not very common among wizards miss Clara, that is of course if your parents are wizards. I'd check up on that if I were you."

He took a seat next to Rain, placing her hand in his. Just him sitting across from me made the cart feel just a tad bit too small. I tried to catch my breath as I processed what he had said.

The audacity he had to accuse me of being related to a murderer. What nerve.

"Diggory, I'm sure my parents would tell me if I were related to a murderer thank you." I huffed as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Would they? Or would they hide any information about him from you? Wouldn't they like you to know that a killer is on the loose?" His voice was steady, steadily stabbing a knife through my heart.

I took a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves. "I don't ever watch the news, it's my fault I didn't know who he was Cedric."

He had a smirk on his face as Rain's eyes' fluttered open. She glared at both Cedric and I, her cheeks red.

"Some of us would like some peace, so the both of you please shut up already."

And we did.

As The Hogwarts Express pulled up to the Station, all the students got up to grab their things. Cedric had woken Rain and I sorted out my things.

"Clara, there you are. Want to walk with us?" Hermione said from behind me.

I turned around and smiled, "Yes, could my friends join?"

Ron peeked from around Hermione and smiled at the three of us. I waved at him and he nodded in reply. Other teens were pushing past them, trying to get through the train --towards the exits.

"Of course," She smiled. "I was wondering why you weren't with us, and now I know. Harry had a bit of a fall today, so be easy."

What she meant was, don't poke fun at him at all. It was what Ron and I did best. I nodded and grabbed my trunk. The three of us followed the three of them out of the train.

267 Reviews

Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:44 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

Godric Lovegood

I was reading The Daily Prophet when the train came to a halt. Looking out through the window, I notcied the sky get grey and the window freezing up. Cold air flooded my cabin, causing me to shake.

A cloaked black figure flew into my cabin, it's face hooded. I felt all the happiness drain out of me, as if all the love in the world was gone for good. Whoever was in the cart with me became irrelevant as the Dementor started to suck on my soul, my body felt cold. Everything was blurry and lost.

"Ric! Ric! Where are you?" My mother called after me.

I was about five years old and I was laughing in my mother's closet. She was playing hide and seek with me and I was winning. The room was dark, the only light that came through was from the gap between the door and the floor. I tried to keep quiet as I heard footsteps get closer to the door.

"Come out come out wherever you are!" She sung.

Peeking out through the keyhole, I saw her standing completely still, her mouth open as if she were about to scream. My heart raced. What was happening to her? I wanted to scream to her, see if she was okay. But somehow, I knew better, I knew to keep quiet.

"Now, where is that little son of yours, Lovegood? I need to win you over with some threat..." A man hissed.

I kept on looking until he turned towards the closet. Ducking down, I hid behind a box in the closet. My heart raced even more as dust flew into my nose. I could not sneeze. I could not do anything.

My mom was in danger and I couldn't do anything. I sat there, anticipating anything. Tears flew down my cheeks, but they were silent tears. I had to do this, for my mom. The door flew open, causing me to gasp.

"Oh Ricky, little Ricky Lovegood, where art thou Ricky?" He sounded like a snake.

I peeked from my hiding place under hanging clothes and behind a box. The man was very tall, slender, and had very long blonde hair. Almost white. His skin was even whiter, but his eyes were black.

"Leave my son alone,
Malfoy!" My dad yelled.

Next thing I knew, I heard a zap and Malfoy fell to the ground, his eyes shut. I jumped up, looking for my dad.

I awoke to a few people standing above me. One was an older man that looked like he'd seen better days.

"Hello there Godric, glad to see you back." He smirked.

Sitting up, I blinked my eyes a few times. The man handed me something. I looked at it, realizing it was chocolate. Without thinking, I took a bite of it, feeling it melt in my mouth and bringing up my mood. It's like the chocolate ate up the sadness. I do not know how.

"Yes, eat. Eat it all, you'll feel better."

There was someone else eith him in my cabin, but I didn't recognize them

Spoiler! :
This can be anyone!

99 Reviews

Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:19 am
View Likes
Remington38 says...

Medora
My hands were shaking and tears rolling down my cheek. My mouth is filled with a salty taste and I am hugging my knees tightly. My black hair falls in the front of my face and darkness cloaks my vision. Quickly I push it away not wanting to be in the dark ever again. I pull my wand out and a beam of white glows from the end. I sit like that and a few moments pass until the door to my compartment slides open and a man walks in.
"My dear I can't imagine what you have seen, but it's over. They can't hurt you anymore." He starts to lean down towards me and anger washes over me.
"I'm fine!" I say sternly wiping my face off and wiping off the black smudges I can imagine that are covering it.
" You seem like a tough girl, but a dementor can break even the strongest witches and wizards."
"I said I'm fine!" I scream at him and he leaves without another word. I stand up and tidy myself. I am a strong witch and I will make sure I don't forget that. Or anyone else for that matter.
As I leave the compartment I bump into someone. It's Draco and I smile, but he doesn't return it. I look at him and lean in for a kiss, but he back away and looks at me.
"Look I know what happened earlier was fun and this summer was too, but we need to talk." He runs his hand through his gold hair. I and so glad I convinced him to stop greasing it back. I know where this is going and I hold my expression.
"I...umm... I don't need a relationship right now. We're done." He walks off without another comment. I back into a compartment that's open and sit down. I look up to see a very attractive silver haired boy. My cheeks flush pink with embarrassment.

Cesar Cruiz

267 Reviews

Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:23 am
View Likes
Nike says...

Godric Lovegood

She's crying. A beautiful girl like her is crying, and I had no idea why. The older man had wandered off a minute ago, probably checking on the rest of the train. The girl had jet black hair and red cheeks, I couldn't help but hope I made her blush.

"Hi," I paused. "Is everything alright?"

Tears slid down her cheeks, but she wiped them off with the sleeve of her cardigan.

"Not really," She sniffled.

I shifted in my seat, giving her my undivided attention. She took a few minutes to herself, and silently cried. The train was loud with the ruckus of students, gathering their things. We must've been close to Hogwarts.

"I'm Godric," I smiled.

She took a deep breath, "Medora," and her name sent chills down my spine.

"What a beautiful name." I said.

Medora smiled back, wiping the last of her tears. I got up and sat next to her, lending her my shoulder. She took it and rested her head softly as the train went by. I'd say we were a half hour away from the school, so she had time to relax. I needed to sleep as well, that Dementor took a lot out of me.

My heart raced as I looked at her. Her eyes were shut and her hair was falling in her face. Such perfection. She was cold, so I placed my jacket onto her and shut my own eyes. A nap was well needed.

I had Medora behind me as we walked towards the school with all the students. The trolleys had dropped us off at the courtyard. Riding from the train station and through the forest was the best time of the school year. You got to see the autumn trees in all their glory, and the fantastic creatures that lurked through the woods. The plants that grew there never seemed to not surprise me.

"What house are you in?" Medora asked me.

We were taking the steps towards the front doors, the one that'd lead inside, just in front of The Great Hall. Students ran around us, gathering their friends inside. I stopped walking and faced her, just a step above her. She looked up at me with wide eyes. My skin felt on fire.

"Ravenclaw," I smirked. "And you?"

"Slytherin," She smiled back, flipping her hair. "You definitely don't look like a Ravenclaw, Godric,"

"Well, you definitely look like Slytherin, Medora."

"What is that supposed to mean?" She giggled.

I just shook my head and took her hand, leading her towards the open doors. We made our way to The Great Hall. I paused, looking up at the ceiling. Candles were floating just above us, exactly the same as every year. But it always amazed me how grand it made this place look. Sure my mother did the same at home, but this was one hundred times better.

"I just mean that you look like a strong woman." I replied to Medora's question.

Looking back down, I saw her cheeks get pink again. I smirked and let her hand go. The last bit of students filed in past us, joining their house tables. I laughed, raising an eyebrow at her.

"Just like Romeo and Juliet, we cannot be." I sighed.

She rose an eyebrow, "You're not a Gryffindor,"

"Yes, well, we still must separate, or else our families would kill us."

"How do you know about Romeo and Juliet anyway? It's a Muggle story." She asked.

"I was a rebel child, my love,"

She shook her head and turned away, following fellow Slytherins' to their table all the way at the end. I took a last look around, taking in all the beauty this school held. My table was just in front of me, between Gryffindor and Hufflepuff. I made my way over and took the seat closest to the front of the table.

I sat next to a girl who looked shaken. She was looking at the Gryffindor table, I followed her gaze and saw another girl. It seems like they were mouthing to each other.

"Friends?" I asked her.

She jumped, taking a look at me. "Uh, yeah,"

"Nice, I think that's really nice. What's your name?"

"Rain... you?"

"Godric, nice to meet you. And your Gryff friend?"

Her eyes ran passed my face, as if trying to read something off of me. I smiled at her at waited for her to respond.

"Clara,"

"Nice, Rain and Clara. Kind of sucks you're not in the same house, yeah?"

"A little, but we are still friends. Doesn't matter what house, as long as you like each other enough. That's all that matters." She explained as a picture of Medora's face came to mind.

"Of course." I replied and then turned towards the front of the Great Hall.

Spoiler! :
@Remington38 @Oswin1800

99 Reviews

Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:35 am
View Likes
Remington38 says...

Medora
No one, not even Draco Malfoy (whom I did care for dearly) made me blush, but Godric had made me blush twice in the amount of time that I was with him. Also he held me differently than Draco did. Draco was always gripping me like he would leave, Godric was so gentle. Like he knew how broken I was and how abused and he just held the pieces.

My heart skipped a beat when he would talk about books and when he made a reference to Romeo and Juliet. I never told Draco or my family, but I have a passion for muggle literature. Dinner was amazing as usual, but I wasn't very hungry and only munched on some cake at dessert. I kept noticing Godric glancing over at my table like he was hoping we would look up at the same time and meet eye contact. The people at my table were mocking the first years to come and explaining things to them. Everyone was quiet when Dumbledoor gave caution to us about the dementors and about Sirius Black. The idea of Sirus at Hogwarts terrified me. Even though I napped on the train drowsiness made my movements sluggish and slow. I set my elbow down on the table and layed my head in my head. My makeup and hair are a mess, but for how tired I am I really could care less. I try my best to stay awake while Dumbledoor rambles on and the people around me are eating. I touched the cold metal snake through my septum and twisted it back into place. My eyelids got heavier until I finally started to doze off.

Cesar Cruiz

Life’s disappointments are harder to take if you don’t know any swear words.
— Bill Watterson