z

Young Writers Society

Hogwarts Students DT

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Tue May 23, 2017 5:48 pm
View Likes
Midnightmoon says...

I have no problem at all!! I understand. Like I said, I'll work on my writing. :). I can't wait to see how they interact!

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Tue May 23, 2017 5:49 pm
View Likes
LordZeus says...

Hey @Nike, just wondering, which day is the quidditch game now? I had thought it was Friday but that day seems to have passed. Maybe it was postponed due to the dementors? I dunno, just asking.

Also was wondering if you were planning on posting soon, as I was hoping to post for the match after you post. Not rushing you or anything, I don't think I have any right to do the given how long I've waited between posts, but just wondering.

Also @ty7lucky @Remembrance haven't heard from you guys in a bit. Just wanted to check up. Will be mentioning your cherries in my next post for sure (warning, it's gonna be a long one from what I have planned)

39 Reviews

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Wed May 24, 2017 2:27 am
View Likes
Nike says...

I'll be posting as soon as I can which is probably tomorrow. Sorry for being late a lot. It's cause of my work schedule.
Let's do the game Saturday ? Due to the dementors.
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

Reviews: 0
Fri May 26, 2017 12:39 am
View Likes
megamutant says...

:) :) :) :) :) :)
Midnightmoon wrote:Lena Malfoy

I sighed and looked out the window of the common room. I was supposed to be doing my potions homework, but I just couldn't keep my mind on it. I had so much to worry about! The biggest one was the fact that I was a Malfoy, which a lot of people didn't like anyway, but I was in danger from my own line if they ever found out I existed! My parents were muggles. I had magic. I was in Gryffindor, not Slytherin. That was two family streaks out the window. I was a distant cousin to Draco Malfoy. Man! I hated that kid! He didn't even know I existed, which was rather shocking, as being on the Slytherin quidditch team, and having to play against me, you think he would have figured it out. Thankfully he hadn't. The only one who knew was my captain, Harry Potter. I really hadn't wanted to tell him, but I had to if I wanted to be on the team. I had no friends, no one to talk to, to share my troubles, which may have been for the better. Everyone I wanted to be friends with already had their own little group. And I was scared of what might happen if people found out who I was. And that I was an Animagus. I felt the usual sadness and anger welling up and quenched it. I couldn't show emotion, I had to stay alert, and be wary. My parents were in danger for as long as they were alive, and so was I. "They may not be alive much longer." I muttered to myself. They both had cancer. There was nothing I could do. I shook my head and returned to my homework. I had to get this done before quidditch practice that afternoon. I couldn't wait. Maybe a little bit of flying would help me clear my head.

I wandered down to the qudditch court. Oliver was already there.

"Hi" I said. I was always awkward when I had to talk to people. He nodded at me.
"Hey." He returned. I sighed and looked up at the sky. It was warm and sunny.
"Good weather for flying" I said. He nodded again. I looked around, searching for something to say. Suddenly I saw Draco Malfoy across the field.

"Oh No." I said aloud, forgetting Oliver was there for a minute.
"What?" He asked and followed my gaze.
"Oh. Malfoy. He bother you a lot?" I shook my head.
"No.... I'm afraid he'll find out that we're related. I know how he treats people like me. People that are m...uh..Non Purebloods." I spat the last part out. Oliver turned to me.
"He doesn't know that you are related to him?" I shook my head.
"He doesn't even realize that he has a distant cousin. And you do have to admit that I have broken two family streaks." He looked at me.
"What do you mean? I know you're in Gryffindor, which is different, but what do you mean by Non Pureblood? All the Malfoys are purebloods." I shook my head again.
"No. My parents are.....are...muggles. Please keep it to yourself." I said. I hated having to tell people this. He half smiled.
"I won't tell anyone." He stopped as the rest of the Quidditch team came out on the field. After a brief meeting, we started practice and I had to put Malfoy out of my head. But I couldn't shake the feeling that something bad was going to happen.

Afternoon

I sighed and went through the door of the common room. Quidditch practice had gone fairly well, but I was tired. Besides, I had homework to finish. As I walked in, I started. Luke was sitting in the couch by the fire place. I thought the place was deserted. Being an Animagus myself, I knew one when I saw one. I had also seen what had happened the last quidditch game. I knew he liked to keep the fact hidden. Sadly, we had a lot in common. We were both related to Draco Malfoy. We both had been put in Gryffindor. I sighed and shook my head. He looked up. "Hello" he said. I just nodded. I had suddenly thought of something. Did he know who I was?

Evening

I walked into the great hall. Every seat at the table had been filled. Oliver saw me standing in the doorway and waved me over.

"You can sit here if you want." Hermione said. Ron looked at her.
"Thanks" I said. This was weird. Oliver knew who I was, Hermione probably knew, why were they being so friendly?
"He told me." Hermione said, my thoughts must have showed on my face.
"And you're accepting me?" I asked, still a little unsettled. They both nodded.
"It's pretty clear that you aren't like them." Oliver said. I winced inside. If only they knew about the mark. How hard it could be to ignore the pain. I sat down but couldn't find my appetite. I was nervous about the Game against Hufflepuff tomorrow. What if I was attacked?

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sun May 28, 2017 6:19 pm
View Likes
JustJasper says...

So sorry I haven't been here! I'm back now and I would like to know if Rain can still go to the hospital wing and the library or if we think this is too late now.
Why do we capital-N Nerds love Mars so much?
Because it's beautiful, it's tough, it's buried in our mythic, childhood memories.
It's covered with human triumphs but also with sad stories of failure.

-Greg Bear

11 Reviews

Sun May 28, 2017 6:28 pm
JustJasper says...

Also what day are we on?
Because it's beautiful, it's tough, it's buried in our mythic, childhood memories.

-Greg Bear

Reviews: 0
Sun May 28, 2017 8:16 pm
View Likes
megamutant says...

hey midnight moon who ya talking to :?:

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Mon May 29, 2017 4:16 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

@Oswin1800 don't worry about it, you can do a post about the library and stuff if you want. And it's too late at night for me to stay up and calculate what day we're on, but I'm sure if you get up the timeline and try and line it up to previous events you'll work it out in time.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

39 Reviews

Mon May 29, 2017 7:08 pm
View Likes
LordZeus says...

@Oswin1800 thanks for reminding your post, I had forgotten. Since my post was getting so long as I was writing it and your post seems to be placed before the game on Saturday on the timeline, I decided to post the first section of the post I was writing and then wait for you before posting for the game. I mentioned Rain coming in at the end of my post. She may or may not have seen what Luke and Clara were doing before entering.

Also, as to your question on the day, I believe it's Friday evening, based on what I've read in the sb and Nike's reply to my earlier post on the game (see above on the page).

@Nike I followed up on the interaction between Clara and Lue in my post. BTW I think it would be prudent and interesting to have them hiding their relationship from Hermione from the time being, as they think she might no take it well. I also think it is worth considering the possibility that she might be unhappy at the relationship, given that she is a proud, strong girl and the fact that Luke breaking p with her would hurt her pride, and dating her best friend could seem like rubbing salt into the wound. Just a thought, totally up to you.
Last edited by LordZeus on Mon May 29, 2017 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

39 Reviews

Mon May 29, 2017 7:10 pm
View Likes
LordZeus says...

BTW @megamutant in the future please put all comments on our work in the dt not the sb. @TheSilverFox do you think you could move the second last comment in the sb to the dt please? Thank you.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Mon May 29, 2017 7:33 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

@LordZeus: Done! I moved the post as you asked!

But yeah, @megamutant, any comments or notes that aren't part of the plot or writing for the Storybook go to the Discussion Thread, like the one here. That's because the DT is for sharing ideas pertaining to the Storybook, having conversations with fellow writers, and generally just having fun. Regardless, you haven't done anything wrong, so don't worry about it; just keep that in mind next time. Anyways, since it seems you're new, welcome to the site, and I hope that you have a good time here! :D
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

39 Reviews

Mon May 29, 2017 7:43 pm
View Likes
LordZeus says...

Thank you @TheSilverFox
Last edited by LordZeus on Tue May 30, 2017 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

11 Reviews

Mon May 29, 2017 10:02 pm
View Likes
JustJasper says...

Thanks @LordZeus and @SirenCymbaline! I'm drafting a post which will be up soon and will hopefully catch Rain up. I also think it is important to note that she will have increased anxiety for a while because of the dementors attacking everyone so if any of you mention her she may have a few nervous ticks like fiddling with her hands a lot.

-Ossie

-Greg Bear

Goos are anarchists.
— WeepingWisteria